Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dragon Ball Super - New anime w/story by Akira Toriyama
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:53 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ANN wrote:
Toei Animation announced on Wednesday that it will begin an English-subtitled simulcast for Dragon Ball Super on Crunchyroll, Daisuki, and AnimeLab. The simulcast will begin with episode 63 on October 22 at 9:00 p.m. EDT. The streaming platforms will also offer the full Future Trunks arc (beginning with episode 47). Starting on October 30, the platforms will offer 10 of the earlier episodes per week.

The stream will be available on Crunchyroll in the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand for both free users and subscription members. Crunchyroll subscription members in Latin America and South Africa will also be able to watch the stream.

Daisuki will stream the series in the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand for free users and members.

AnimeLab will stream the series in Australia and New Zealand for free users and members.

Dragon Ball Super premiered in Japan in July 2015 on Fuji TV and other channels. Toonami Asia had announced last November that it would show the "English-language world premiere" of Dragon Ball Super in Southeast Asia and India in mid-2016, but Toonami Asia's official Twitter account reported that it has no new information as of August. Toei Animation announced earlier this month that the anime will begin airing in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa between fall and winter.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/dragon-ball-super
http://www.daisuki.net/contents/dragonball_s.html
http://www.animelab.com/shows/dragon-ball-super

IT'S ABOUT TIME...though it looks like Toei Europe is blocking the UK again. :|

EDIT: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-b ... am/.107936

Looks like Daisuki will be the one to stream it in Europe. :eeklez:

Quote:
Daisuki will stream the series in: North America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the U.K., Ireland, Germany, the Scandinavian Peninsula (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Iceland), and "some other European countries." The series will stream with English subtitles in these countries, but Daisuki will also stream the series with South American Spanish subtitles and Russian subtitles after a delay.

Daisuki will also stream the series in Spain with English subtitles, and will also stream the series with Russian subtitles after a delay.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:29 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

http://test.animatorscorner.com/animati ... isode-9352

For those who didn't watch last night or are unaware, episode 63, along with 47-62 of the Future Trunks arc, are up.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/dragon-ball- ... ins-722895
http://www.daisuki.net/us/en/anime/watc ... 14644.html

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/ ... 6663485440

The amount of people who watched the episode as soon as it launched got Crunchyroll's servers to crash. :lol:

As for the episode, it was alright and the translation wasn't too bad either (reminder that Toei's handling the subs for Super). The preview for 64 next week was a shock though. :eeklez:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:57 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Thank goodness for that. I held off watching Super for an official release because the fansub translations and the video quality were always awful. I knew an official release would eventually happen but it was just a matter of patience and I'm glad we can watch it as a simulcast instead of having to wait for a dub broadcast on TV. Will Crunchyroll eventually start streaming the original DB and DBZ series too?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:00 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Odango Goddess
I took a peek at this series, so far so good I'll be watching it as soon as I finish re watching regular DBZ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:03 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Ami-Chans True Love
Prince Rose wrote:
I took a peek at this series, so far so good I'll be watching it as soon as I finish re watching regular DBZ

personally I love DBZ but it has gotten ridiculous in terms of power levels (started getting ridiculous after the Frieza Saga on the original DBZ anime which I prefer to Kai because of the crappy new VAs especially Frieza) anywho I wish Crunchyroll had all the episodes on and didn't just start from episode 40 I believe it was, I'll still watch it (odd art style aside) hopefully ill enjoy it as much as did DBZ and the original DB (which I think is the best series out of them all)

Usagi wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
you need a spanking
Perhaps I could use one.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:12 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
I just watch the major fight scenes in youtube.

Akira Toriyama is now officially a troll.

See more sprites at

http://sailorstarsbeyond.com/viewforum. ... b441274b94

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:29 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/10/24/po ... sode-0414/

New Kanzenshuu podcast episode with VegettoEX & Herms about Toei's subtitle translations.

EDIT: From Xenoverse 2 credits:

Hit is voiced by Aaron Roberts.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:10 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

ANN wrote:
FUNimation Entertainment announced on Friday that it has entered into a multi-year agreement with Toei Animation to license Dragon Ball Super in the United States and Canada. The license covers streaming, digital download, home video distribution, broadcast opportunities, and merchandising. Production will begin on an English dub, and Funimation will announce broadcast and casting details at a later date.

The FunimationNow streaming service has added episodes 1-10 and 47-64 with English subtitles, and will simulcast the series beginning with episode 65 on Friday, November 5 at 9:30 p.m. EDT. Episodes 11-46 will be available when subtitling has been completed.

Crunchyroll, Daisuki, and AnimeLab began simulcasting the series in various regions on October 22 by posting the Future Trunks arc (episodes 47-63), and have been adding back episodes at the rate of 10 episodes per week. The episodes streaming on FunimationNow are the same that are currently available on Crunchyroll, Daisuki, and AnimeLab.

Dragon Ball Super premiered in Japan in July 2015 on Fuji TV and other channels. Toonami Asia had announced last November that it would show the "English-language world premiere" of Dragon Ball Super in Southeast Asia and India in mid-2016, but Toonami Asia's official Twitter account reported that it has no new information as of August. Toei Animation announcedlast month that the anime will begin airing in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa between fall and winter.

About time.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
And yet, here I am still waited for the Kai Buu Saga dub to get released. :|

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:54 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
NJ_ wrote:

HE'S BAAAAAAAAAAAACK :dance:

Looking forward to Saturday. :thumbsup:

Also for those watching the earlier arcs, episodes 1-20 are up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:58 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Quote:
Toonami Asia Premieres English Dub of Dragon Ball Super in Southeast Asia, India on January 21

Toonami Asia announced on Monday that it will premiere the Dragon Ball Super television anime series in Southeast Asia and India on January 21. The show will have a "sneak peek" preview airing of the first episode on December 17. The airing will be the series' international English dub premiere. Toonami Asia is streaming a clip from the first episode with an English dub, but the video is region-locked and is only viewable in Asia (except in Japan) and Australasia.

Bang Zoom! Entertainment confirmed on Monday that it is producing this English dub for Toonami Asia.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... 21/.109258

Here's the clip. Sorry it's only viewable in Asia and Australia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znYqJim6Gwc

Sounds like Jamieson Price is Mr. Satan.
Not sure who Buu is though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:23 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
SnowWolf wrote:
Jamieson Price does voice work on Southeast Asian English dubs?

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:42 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

The official website of the Dragon Ball Super anime revealed on Tuesday that Mami Koyama will reprise her role as Arale in the anime's 69th episode titled "Goku vs. Arale! Hachamecha Battle de Chikyū ga Owaru?!" (Goku vs. Arale! A Nonsense Battle Will End the World?!) on December 4. Koyama previously played the character in a cameo appearance on episode 43 in May, but in the new episode, Arale will be key to the episode's plot.

The episode will center on an event called the "World Invention Award," which honors the best innovations in the world. The greatest scientists, including Bulma, gather for the ceremony. Goku is working part-time as a security guard in the event, and Hercule is presenting the award. The award goes to Senbei Norimaki of Penguin Town. As Norimaki is presenting his invention, Dr. Mashirito attacks. Frustrated that he was not invited to the ceremony, he interrupts the proceedings, and for some reason Arale and Gatchan are at his side.

Arale is one of the main characters of Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama's earlier manga Dr. Slump. The character previously appeared in a sequence of episodes within Dragon Ball , as well as in a Dragon Ball film and several video games. Koyama played the character in the original Dr. Slump anime and in her guest appearances in Dragon Ball.

Looking forward to Saturday! :cool:

SnowWolf wrote:
Here's the clip. Sorry it's only viewable in Asia and Australia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znYqJim6Gwc

Then why only link that one? :|

Here:

Quote:
Not sure who Buu is though.

Someone I know on Twitter is claiming it's Spike Spencer as Buu.

Sabrblade wrote:
Jamieson Price does voice work on Southeast Asian English dubs?

Bang Zoom is a Los Angeles studio so it's being dubbed there, it's also not the first time Southeast Asia got an English dub produced in North America. Other examples include Nodame Cantabile, Sony's Rurouni Kenshin dub (though the US was originally supposed to get this), Powerpuff Girls Z (the Canadian dub aired in the Philippines in addition to Australia), Stitch & most recently with Marvel Disk Wars: Avengers.

This is pretty interesting because LA has dubbed Dragon Ball stuff before but with certain video games (Final Bout on PS1 & Evolution on PSP) so it'll be nice to see who the rest of the voice cast is. Some of FUNi's main cast is in LA now and while it's doubtful, they could be pulling double duty if they were contacted for this.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:09 am 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
haha, not sure what could possibly happen in this next arc, considering the trend in the series up till this point (introduce villain, beat him, introduce stronger villain)

Spoiler: show
Once someone has to destroy the entire universe in order to win, it may be time...to try something different.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:25 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

For those outside of the US:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K8ceG0H0SQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVhYXtP_o1w

ANN wrote:
Toei Animation and FUNimation Entertainment announced the cast for its English dub of Dragon Ball Super on Wednesday. The cast includes:

Sean Schemmel as Goku
Christopher R. Sabat as Vegeta
Jason Douglas as Beerus
Ian Sinclair as Whis
Sonny Strait as Krillin
Kyle Hebert as Gohan
Monica Rial as Bulma
Christopher R. Sabat as Piccolo
Alexis Tipton as Trunks
Doc Morgan as Narrator
Kara Edwards as Goten
Cynthia Cranz as Chi-Chi
Meredith McCoy as Android 18
Chris Rager as Mr. Satan
Josh Martin as Buu
Sean Schemmel as King Kai
Christopher R. Sabat as Shenron
Kara Edwards as Videl
Christopher R. Sabat as Yamcha
John Burgmeier as Tien
Chris Cason as Shou
Mike McFarland as Roshi
Brina Palencia as Puar
Chuck Huber as Pilaf
Kyle Hebert as Ox-King
Brad Jackson as Oolong
Tia Ballard as Marron
Kent Williams as Kibito Kai
Kent Williams as Elder Kai
Justin Cook as Dende
Brina Palencia as Chiaotzu
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Mai

The FunimationNow, Crunchyroll, Daisuki, and AnimeLab streaming are all simulcasting the series with English subtitles.

Dragon Ball Super premiered in Japan in July 2015 on Fuji TV and other channels. Toonami Asia will air the "English-language world premiere" in Southeast Asia and India on January 21 with an English dub produced by Bang Zoom! Entertainment. Toei Animation announced last month that the anime will begin airing in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa between fall and winter.

Looks like everyone from Kai is back with a few exceptions.

-Kid Trunks is being voiced by Alexis Tipton, no idea who voiced him in Buu but Laura Bailey was still Trunks as recently as BOTH Xenoverse games except as Gotenks where Alexis voiced him there.

-Meredith McCoy as 18, she was already in the recent movies & games so it looks she's back permanently.

-Brad Jackson as Oolong, he had previously returned for Battle of Gods so it looks like he's back permanently as well.

-Not really an exception but Tia Ballard as Marron was known for a while since in addition to Resurrection F, she also leaked back at Animaine 2014 that she had voiced her in Kai.

EDIT: Chris Sabat replies to Trunks' recasting.

https://twitter.com/VoiceOfVegeta/statu ... 1850804226
https://twitter.com/VoiceOfVegeta/statu ... 4455883777

Quote:
Quote:
Just saw the Dragonball Super cast. I noticed someone was missing :(

I can defend Laura, here. She's so overwhelmingly busy that she can't afford to have Trunks' voice destroying hers.

Quote:
Its cool. Sorry to hear her leave. Still love Laura's peform. I'm sure Alexis will fill her shoes just well.

Laura is wonderful, she's family. Alexis is doing a pretty good job filling her shoes.

Can't speak for Trunks' voice but she had similar scheduling issues that led to her getting replaced for the BlazBlue anime (by Alexis Tipton who was already in Los Angeles for Tales of Zestiria) & Persona 4: Dancing All Night so there is some truth to that.

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/AlexisTiptonVA/stat ... 7911273550

Quote:
Thank you so much for all of your kind tweets and support. I know I have big shoes to fill!

https://twitter.com/LauraBaileyVO/statu ... 5798417408

Quote:
Thanks for all the wonderful messages today. I'll miss voicing Trunks so much! But I know that @AlexisTiptonVA'll do a killer job!

Last edited by NJ_ on Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:40 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
NJ_ wrote:
-Meredith McCoy as 18, she was already in the recent movies & games so it looks she's back permanently.
Daggonit, I loved 18's Kai voice! It was perfect for her!

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:06 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Sabrblade wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
Daggonit, I loved 18's Kai voice! It was perfect for her!

I liked Colleen too but thankfully she'll still be around and have more to do when they get to the Future Trunks arc.

I look forward to her performance when that arc's finale gets dubbed, same goes for Eric Vale and whoever voices Zamasu in the episode before that one (aka the 2nd best episode of Super).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:59 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm glad to see Meredith McCoy back as 18. I feel like Colleen was too "soft" as 18, and didn't play off Chuck Herber as well as Meredith did.

Same about Laura Bailey as Trunks, but it's understandable. Curious to see if Arale and Senbei's voice actors will return from the original Dragon Ball dub.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:13 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Umino wrote:
Curious to see if Arale and Senbei's voice actors will return from the original Dragon Ball dub.

Brice Armstrong retired back in 2009 and his Captain Ginyu role had went to R. Bruce Elliott starting with Kai so he's unlikely.

As for Arale, it will be interesting to see who voices her because they had Brina Palencia voice her for the last few video games that she was in (not counting J-Stars which wasn't dubbed) and two of those had Meredith voice her other characters, 18 & Launch, so she might be unlikely as well.

Speaking of Senbei, also interested to see who voiced him in the Japanese version since Kenji Utsumi passed away 3 years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:59 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

New clip from the Bang Zoom dub, it's from the official Toonami Asia account so watch now before they realize that they didn't region block it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:46 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Boy, Goku's Bang Zoom voice is deep.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:46 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

ANN wrote:
Toei Animation, FUNimation Entertainment, and Adult Swim announced on Wednesday that Funimation's English dub of Dragon Ball Super will air on Adult Swim's Toonami block. The first season will premiere on January 7, 2017 at 8:00 p.m. EST and 11:30 p.m. EST. Funimation also launched an official website and streamed a new dubbed clip:

The 26 episodes of the first season — which encompass the storylines of the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods and Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' films — are scheduled to follow.

The cast includes:

Sean Schemmel as Goku
Christopher R. Sabat as Vegeta
Jason Douglas as Beerus
Ian Sinclair as Whis
Sonny Strait as Krillin
Kyle Hebert as Gohan
Monica Rial as Bulma
Christopher R. Sabat as Piccolo
Alexis Tipton as Trunks
Doc Morgan as Narrator
Kara Edwards as Goten
Cynthia Cranz as Chi-Chi
Meredith McCoy as Android 18
Chris Rager as Mr. Satan
Josh Martin as Buu
Sean Schemmel as King Kai
Christopher R. Sabat as Shenron
Kara Edwards as Videl
Christopher R. Sabat as Yamcha
John Burgmeier as Tien
Chris Cason as Shou
Mike McFarland as Roshi
Brina Palencia as Puar
Chuck Huber as Pilaf
Kyle Hebert as Ox-King
Brad Jackson as Oolong
Tia Ballard as Marron
Kent Williams as Kibito Kai
Kent Williams as Elder Kai
Justin Cook as Dende
Brina Palencia as Chiaotzu
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Mai

The FunimationNow, Crunchyroll, Daisuki, and AnimeLab streaming platforms are all simulcasting the series with English subtitles.

Dragon Ball Super premiered in Japan in July 2015 on Fuji TV and other channels. Toonami Asia will premiere the series in Southeast Asia and India on January 21 with a different English dub produced by Bang Zoom! Entertainment. Toei Animation announced last month that the anime will begin airing in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa between fall and winter.

Double the Dragon Ball on Toonami it seems (check the Kai thread), welcome back to when DB & DBZ was airing back to back.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:07 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Odango Goddess
I'll check it out when toonami airs it :twisted: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:52 pm 
Gurges Ater
Gurges Ater
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I've sort of gotten used to Laura Bailey no longer being Trunks, Alexis Tipton is doing a pretty good job.

And yes, we've heard Alexis's Trunks before. Xenoverse.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:06 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

ANN wrote:
The official website of the Dragon Ball Super television anime revealed the story and visual of the anime's upcoming "Universe Survival" arc on Friday.

The visual for the arc shows Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Krillin, Android 17, Android 18, Piccolo, Tenshinhan, Master Roshi, and Majin Buu as Universe 7's most powerful team.

The site describes the arc's story:

According to an invitation that Goku gets, Zen-Oh is starting a martial arts tournament between all the universes called "Chikara no Taikai" (Tournament of Power). But it is the beginning of universal destruction. Something awaits the winners and losers of this tournament. What will become of this fierce team battle between each universe's elite warriors?

The Jump Festa event on Saturday and Sunday will have new announcements and will debut the first promotional video for the arc.

The FunimationNow, Crunchyroll, Daisuki, and AnimeLab streaming platforms are all simulcasting the series with English subtitles.

ANN wrote:
The official website of the Dragon Ball Super television anime revealed on Saturday that enka singer Kiyoshi Hikawa is performing the new opening theme song "Genkai Toppa × Survivor" (Limit Breaking × Survivor) for the series. The rock song will mark the first time Hikawa is performing a song for an anime work.

The song will premiere with the anime's upcoming new "Universe Survival" arc, which premieres on February 5.

As for the dub on Toonami, here's a commercial that premiered last night.

Last edited by NJ_ on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:21 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
NJ_ wrote:
Heh. Saturn, Moon, Mars, Uranus, Venus, Mercury, Pluto, Chibi Moon, Neptune, and Jupiter.

:tongue:

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:46 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
^And the role of Tuxedo Mask goes to Yamcha. :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:29 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
NJ_ wrote:
^And the role of Tuxedo Mask goes to Yamcha. :P
:) 8) :ohmy: :shocked: :eeklez: :yay: :happy: XD :D :keke: ^_^ :clap: :wink: :dance: :whee: :eyebrows: :thumbsup: :circles:

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:49 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Some voice cast news here, as Xenoverse 2's first DLC is supposed to come out later today (though already out in Australia).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2AV2Mrc_VQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB2Yl84zJg0

Cabba - Clifford Chapin
Frost - Greg Ayres (EDIT: Confirmed by Chris Sabat, he's also the current voice of Guldo from the Ginyu Force)

EDIT: Updated the previous post about Super's new arc since the full preview video got uploaded on Toei's YouTube channel.

Last edited by NJ_ on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:57 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
NJ_ wrote:
:yay: I know him!

He and I used to work together as News Admins for a Transformers fansite.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next