* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sonic Rom Hacks and Fan Games
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:28 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Any good ones so far.

Last edited by rgveda99 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Sonic Rom Hacks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:25 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Other: PK Yuri Ω!
i played a lot of them! some that i remember now:
Sonic Boom. a hack of S2. just 3 levels, but it has great Sountrack (mostly megaman X covers).
Sonic 1 remastered v 2.0. another good one. some new levels, great soundtrack (mostly covers of other games and even the stage 1 music bgm of the sailor moon genesis game!).
Sonic Megamix. i didn't play it too much, but the bit i played, it was really cool.
if i remember others ill post them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:30 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Are most of them for the genesis emulators?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:42 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
Are most of them for the genesis emulators?

yes, all. i played them with picodrive in my psp without problem. there was a hack that you needed to use gens emulator or it wont work, i cant remember the name of that hack...
here you have others
Sonic 2 Long vesion. its your regular S2 game... except it adds all the S1 and S2 beta levels.
Sonic 2 Delta (there are lots of versions of this one). it adds ALL the enemies, levels, animations and even the title screen of the Sonic 2 Beta versions, i really recommend you this one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:13 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi

:googly: :evillaugh: :googly:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:42 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
LUISDooM wrote:
yes, all. i played them with picodrive in my psp without problem. there was a hack that you needed to use gens emulator or it wont work, i cant remember the name of that hack...
here you have others
Sonic 2 Long vesion. its your regular S2 game... except it adds all the S1 and S2 beta levels.
Sonic 2 Delta (there are lots of versions of this one). it adds ALL the enemies, levels, animations and even the title screen of the Sonic 2 Beta versions, i really recommend you this one.

That sounds awesome Id play those versions if I could

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:59 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Well, this probably is the best time to talk about Sonic fan games/hacks considering SAGE is starting next month. For those unaware, SAGE stands for Sonic Armature Games Expo. Basicly it's an online event where Sonic fans show case all their fan games, though the games don't have to be about Sonic.

http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/SAGE/

Sonic Before the Sequel and Sonic After the Sequel are to fan games that any 2D Sonic fan must play. Featuring unique levels and a completely custom soundtrack, both game are pretty much what fans wanted from Sonic 4. Sonic After the Sequel is so popular that it has it's own page on Wikipedia and was even a Featured Article of the Day on October the 29th, 2014.

Due to how both games use Flash for the cutscenes, you need to run the games in compatibility mode(Right click the program > Properties > Compatibility tab). I have to set the games to Windows 7 in compatibility mode on Windows 10, while on Windows Vista I had to set compatibility mode to Windows 95/98. If you don't want to mess with any of that, you can disable the cutscenes...but then you will be missing out on some cute entertaining scenes.

Just listen to these awesome soundtracks:

Download Links
Sonic Before the Sequel: https://sites.google.com/site/sonicbts/
Sonic After the Sequel: https://sites.google.com/site/sonicbtsbooth/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:20 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
More laughable and terrible hacks. :googly:

Plumbers Helper wrote:
Sonic Before the Sequel and Sonic After the Sequel are to fan games that any 2D Sonic fan must play. Featuring unique levels and a completely custom soundtrack, both game are pretty much what fans wanted from Sonic 4. Sonic After the Sequel is so popular that it has it's own page on Wikipedia and was even a Featured Article of the Day on October the 29th, 2014.

Thanks Plumbers Helper. Anymore good ones?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:58 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Robotnik's Revenge is a fun boss rush mode, featuring all the bosses from the first 2 games in the setting of The Death Egg. Definitely give it a look imo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:00 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
^^I forgot about that one! XD
You can take a look on these ones
Sonic 1 & K. it´s just sonic 1 but with knuckles as playable character,
Sonic 2 STMP. Didn´t play it, but it looks like a complex hack since it need a special emulator to play it (Gens i guess), but it has multiple characters, S2 or S3 Sprite styles for sonic, new levels, soundtrack, etc..
Sonic 2 S3 Edition. Its Basically S2, But it adds the elemental shields, s3 sprite style, mid bosses and s3 level transitions, and maybe other things that i forgot...
S&3K: the challenges. You have to complete severial challenges in different S3&K levels. It´s really difficult though.
Note that i´ve played them long time ago and maybe there are updated or better versions/hacks.

Post subject: Re: Sonic Rom Hacks and Fan Games
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:49 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
This looks interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:43 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
A trailer for SAGE 2016 has been released. Of the games shown I'm looking forward to Sonic Neo Genesis the most since it had a pretty cool demo last SAGE.

Sadly my most anticipated fan game, Sonic Overture, isn't participating this year since they couldn't finish the new demo in time. Maybe we'll see it in SAGE 2017.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:30 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Plumbers Helper wrote:
A trailer for SAGE 2016 has been released. Of the games shown I'm looking forward to Sonic Neo Genesis the most since it had a pretty cool demo last SAGE.

Sadly my most anticipated fan game, Sonic Overture, isn't participating this year since they couldn't finish the new demo in time. Maybe we'll see it in SAGE 2017.

Thanks Plumbers Helper. :googly:

Emerald Ties looks promising. :ohmy:

I'm glad most of these content creators focus on 2D.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:33 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
rgveda99 wrote:
I'm glad most of these content creators focus on 2D.

Yeah, as impressive as fan games like Sonic Robo Blast 2 are, I haven't played a 3D fan game that I fully liked yet.

It really is amazing how far 2D Sonic fan games have come. To think we could go from something like Sonic Robo Blast 1 to anything shown in that SAGE trailer is just astonishing. One of my favorite older fan games is Sonic Time Attacked. Although it doesn't have near perfect classic Sonic physics like modern fan games, the controls are still responsive(I like them better then Sonic 4's.) and the game is still fun for me to to this day. It was even one of the first fan games to ever have a custom soundtrack. Crystal Caverns theme in particular is so good that I usually wait for the song to loop once before actually playing it. It works fine on Windows 10, though for some reason the full screen option doesn't work meaning you're forced to play the game in a tiny box. Atleast I still have my old Vista laptop to play it every now and again.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:57 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
This one looks promising. So far stage 1 is the only one done.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:22 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I played Tails in Sonic 1. It is really good. Sonic 1 Remastered version 1.1 has Sonic and Tails. plus, I love the music. Big's Fishing Derby is very good. I also love Knuckles' Emerald Hunt, because of the Toxic Caves music from Sonic Spinball. Sonic 2 Adventure Edition is just Sonic 2 with Sonic Adventure elements.

ロコ雪姫七匹のハムスター

スーパーファミコンが4000円安くなるクーポン券つき

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:27 pm 
Quasar
Quasar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Looking forward to SHC this year, if only because of the stream done for SHC every year by SomeCallMeJohnny.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:36 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Time Twisted looks good. :googly:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:54 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
SAGE 2016 started last Friday. If you want to play demos of various upcoming Sonic fan games, then go check it out. My top recommendations to checkout include:

Emerald Ties. A fun classic style game that somehow makes me nostalgic for Sonic Time Attacked.

Spark the Electric Jester. Not an actual fan game, but an indie game that will be released on Steam in February. The gameplay is like a mixture of Kirby and Freedom Planet.

http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/SAGE/splash.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:39 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Somewhat related.

http://gizmodo.com/brazils-obsession-wi ... socialflow

Quote:
The Sega Mega Drive (and its predecessor Sega Master System) reportedly sell about 150,000 units per year in Brazil to this day. That number is comparable to the amount of PlayStation 4 consoles sold in the country every year. It’s an astounding figure when you consider the console is more than 25 years old and drastically underpowered compared to newer systems.

Hope this means new 2D games.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:52 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Cool, I still have my sega genesis that I got in 1992

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:23 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
I'm hoping for a Streets of Rage and Eternal Champions sequel.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:44 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
I'd love a streets of rage/bare knuckle 4
To this day I regard 2 as probably the best of the genre

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:22 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Prince Rose wrote:
I'd love a streets of rage/bare knuckle 4
To this day I regard 2 as probably the best of the genre

I love SOR 2 and 3. But I admire SOR 3 for its new game mechanics despite them dropping Max. They added that special meter that doesn't sap your health when full and added a level up system for dash attacks.

I personally think its better than Final Fight as a series overall. Final Fight 2 was amazing but Final Fight 3 was boring and uninspired.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:53 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
This looks really good :ohmy:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:06 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
This looks really good :ohmy:

I remember i played this looooong time ago. I didn't get into it too much because it used Doom Legacy Source port (and I play Doom mods mostly with ZDoom) and it wasn't finished, nice to see it still is in development. :ohmy:
This one is good too.

It is a fan game using the Build Engine (Duke Nukem 3d and other games) it's pretty cool. I don't know if it was ever finished or not... ^_^'

And talking about ROM hacks, If you put Sonic 2 and Yoshi's Island in a blender, you probably could get this (or most likely a broken blender :P )

This is a Rom hack of Sonic 2 Featuring Yoshi´s Island game mechanics. :yoshi: The ROM Hacker did a great job :ohmy:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:10 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Sailor DooM wrote:

And talking about ROM hacks, If you put Sonic 2 and Yoshi's Island in a blender, you probably could get this (or most likely a broken blender :P )

This is a Rom hack of Sonic 2 Featuring Yoshi´s Island game mechanics. :yoshi: The ROM Hacker did a great job :ohmy:

:ohmy: Wow. That programmer knows how to make a fan game.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:09 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
Sailor DooM wrote:
i played a lot of them! some that i remember now:
Sonic Boom. a hack of S2. just 3 levels, but it has great Sountrack (mostly megaman X covers).
Sonic 1 remastered v 2.0. another good one. some new levels assurances deces, great soundtrack (mostly covers of other games and even the stage 1 music bgm of the sailor moon genesis game!).
Sonic Megamix. i didn't play it too much, but the bit i played, it was really cool.
if i remember others ill post them.

Me all that is game and all that is entertainment, I adore. It's a way for me to let off steam.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:55 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Interesting history.

Quote:
Amazeballs :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: john ohn

Last edited by rgveda99 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:26 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Isn't some of the creators of Sonic Megamix involved with Sonic Mania?