* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Shout Factory to release Gekisou Sentai Carranger on DVD
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:02 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY5H5J3

Release date is on April 25th

Really enjoyed Ohranger and I heard great things about this show so I'll be looking forward to watching this.

With that said. Shout actually got some heat over Ohranger's subs because their translator basically used MillionFold Curiosity's translations with minor changes made (link) so it'll be interesting to see what they do here because as far as I know, this show has jokes that might be hard to translate to English and from what I had heard, Harorangers, the one group who subbed Carranger, disappeared after finishing the show in 2015 which sucks because apparently there were issues with the early episodes up until they switched translators after episode 10.

Post subject: Re: Shout Factory to release Gekisou Sentai Carranger on DVD
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:47 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I always like sentai w/ two female members instead of only one. :cool: BTW, it's directed by a PGSM director.

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:30 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Having no Justin already gives it an advantage over Power Rangers Turbo.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:46 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
This was the series where I started losing interest in Power Rangers growing up as a kid and it was around the time I started getting into anime more, so it will be interesting to see the original Japanese series as an adult.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:49 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
So ironic that this series saved the Super Sentai series, while its Power Rangers' counterpart almost cancelled the Power Ranger series. Anyways, looking forward to it.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRANGER!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:26 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
magic713 wrote:
So ironic that this series saved the Super Sentai series, while its Power Rangers' counterpart almost cancelled the Power Ranger series.

That rumor about Ohranger almost killing Sentai was confirmed to be false because although it got the lowest ratings at the time (before Go-Busters in 2012 and pretty much every series afterwards), it actually got the highest toy sales of any series which still holds up to this day.

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2016/06/fac ... ve-sentai/

There was a show that saved Sentai from cancellation but it was Jetman, which aired 5 years earlier.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:30 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Carranger is great.

Although I'm honestly kind of worried about the subs because Shout Factory's 'translator' for Ohranger just nicked some fansubs and used those and Carranger is FULL of puns (example - the villains are the Space Biker Gang Bowzock and in Japanese, biker gang is bosozoku, so in Japanese, they're the Uchuu Bosozoku Bowzock).

So I'm honestly kind of worried they might nick fansubs again, especially so because the group(?) who did Carranger disappeared after doing it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:07 am 
Stella
Stella
Maetch wrote:
Having no Justin already gives it an advantage over Power Rangers Turbo.

Yeah I couldn't stand Justin I also stopped watching when they completely replaced the old cast. I mean it would have been fine to replace Tommy and Kat as Jason David Frank and Catherine Hillard wanted to leave but Nakia Burrise/Tanya and Johnny Yong Bosch/Adam didn't want to leave and were replaced anyway. It always angered me.