* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Eurolovers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:50 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Anyone else still really angry about that huge copyright strike that got the channel taken down? I can't even find many of the songs uploaded to that channel.

For those of you who don't know, EUROLOVERS was a youtube channel started back in 2010 that had been uploading various eurobeat albums for 6 years. It's near impossible to obtain the actual albums for a decent price outside of Japan, so the guy was living in Japan and buying all the albums, which he would then upload to an english youtube channel so people could listen to them. He never once made the claim they were his own songs, but in November of 2016, Youtube did a huge copyright strike on his channel and deleted it, killing one of the best places to obtain eurobeat music in the US.

Post subject: Re: Eurolovers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:19 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Reminds me of when youtube starting blocking Japanese youtube music and anime music. It's like companies enjoy taking down videos.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:19 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: #TeamGrimmie
NavalCommanderMercury wrote:
Anyone else still really angry about that huge copyright strike that got the channel taken down? I can't even find many of the songs uploaded to that channel.

For those of you who don't know, EUROLOVERS was a youtube channel started back in 2010 that had been uploading various eurobeat albums for 6 years. It's near impossible to obtain the actual albums for a decent price outside of Japan, so the guy was living in Japan and buying all the albums, which he would then upload to an english youtube channel so people could listen to them. He never once made the claim they were his own songs, but in November of 2016, Youtube did a huge copyright strike on his channel and deleted it, killing one of the best places to obtain eurobeat music in the US.

I am literally not surprised. Youtube has been evil and notorious for doing copyrights. Even video games with music get their audio banned. Youtube has gone downhill over the years

I love Christina Grimmie <3

(•_•) , ( •_•)>⌐■-■ , (⌐■_■) We have been expecting you Mr. Anderson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:28 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It's near impossible to obtain the actual albums for a decent price outside of Japan, so the guy was living in Japan and buying all the albums, which he would then upload to an english youtube channel so people could listen to them.

It's nearly impossible for me to obtain a Porsche 911, ever. Can I just take it from the guy who owns one, without asking his permission (cause I suspect he won't agree), pretty please? :ohdear:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:52 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maraviollantes wrote:
Can I just take it from the guy who owns one, without asking his permission?

Copyright infringement is not theft. The law is clear on the distinction between the two.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:58 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sailor Starlight wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:

Copyright infringement is not theft. The law is clear on the distinction between the two.

Counterfeiting money and rape are not theft from the legal POV either. So?

When one is using "too pricey" argument for stealing a loaf of bread to feed his starving children, we can argue there is something evil and unfair about society catching and punishing the guy for that. But when one is using "too pricey" argument for stealing a Porsche (or illegally downloading eurobeat music), and then complains about evil and unfair treatment after being caught, that sounds kind of silly. Eurobeat music isn't a basic necessity or inalienable right granted to everybody by Constitution, or UN declarations, or something. Whoever owns the legal rights to its distribution is free to set whatever prices they want. If one wants to own some luxury items (whether it's a rare cool car or rare cool music), they should earn enough money and then buy them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:27 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I'm not gonna argue that it isn't illegal, because it unfortunately is. However, is it truly wrong when the music producers don't even sell outside of the Asian countries, so as such the only way to obtain it is to either download and listen off the internet or import it? If they sold it on, say, iTunes or something similar I don't think anyone would have a problem with eurolovers being taken down.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:31 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I'm not gonna argue that it isn't illegal, because it unfortunately is. However, is it truly wrong when the music producers don't even sell outside of the Asian countries, so as such the only way to obtain it is to either download and listen off the internet or import it? If they sold it on, say, iTunes or something similar I don't think anyone would have a problem with eurolovers being taken down.

There are ways to get things that are exclusive to Japan. One Facebook Group sells exclusive 711 Gunpla to foreign customers outside of Japan. You can get them but you just have to do some digging

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:14 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Maraviollantes wrote:
Sailor Starlight wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:

Counterfeiting money and rape are not theft from the legal POV either. So?

When one is using "too pricey" argument for stealing a loaf of bread to feed his starving children, we can argue there is something evil and unfair about society catching and punishing the guy for that. But when one is using "too pricey" argument for stealing a Porsche (or illegally downloading eurobeat music), and then complains about evil and unfair treatment after being caught, that sounds kind of silly. Eurobeat music isn't a basic necessity or inalienable right granted to everybody by Constitution, or UN declarations, or something. Whoever owns the legal rights to its distribution is free to set whatever prices they want. If one wants to own some luxury items (whether it's a rare cool car or rare cool music), they should earn enough money and then buy them.

To be fair and honest, it isn't bad when someone uploads a video game tutorial. However certain companies like Disney get up in arms when music is played in Star WARS and they threaten with a lawsuit or banning the channel. I enjoy those videos because it helps me when I go through a game.