* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The return of Samurai Jack
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:14 am 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: In a relationship
Great news for all the people who grew up watching Samurai Jack: Adult Swim will start Season 5 in March. I loved the series and storyline. It had great artwork too... :love: :love:

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi

Post subject: Re: The return of Samurai Jack
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:42 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
And Genndy Tartakovsky's still at the helm, so that should help keeping the quality. Some recent revivals were a Titanic mess...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:19 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
I just hope they don't ruin it, I love the original show

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:47 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Most recent trailer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:12 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I've been hyped since a new season was announced, and that trailer took it to a whole new level. :ohmy: Looking forward to this!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:31 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Aside from defeating Aku, were there any loose ends in the storyline? Hoping 10 episodes is enough.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:32 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Salem Saberhagen wrote:
Aside from defeating Aku, were there any loose ends in the storyline? Hoping 10 episodes is enough.

Just one: how did Jack get the clothes in the vision shown here?

Then again, the very circumstances here imply we'll see it... And him going through that very portal.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:57 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Oh wow, I certainly hope they remember that! He seems halfway to that beard though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:38 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I have high hopes for this. I always enjoyed the show and I hope that Adult Swim does it justice. Maybe since it is on there it will have more of an adult theme.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:15 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
So the official date is March 11. I am so pumped up. I hope I can stream this in Hulu since I do not have access to Adult Swim (I don't watch TV that much.) Looks like Jack will have new villains.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:36 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
According to the promos the final season will take place 50 years after season 4 ended.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:35 am 
My name does not mean what you think it means
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I wonder who'll voice Aku. If I recall correctly his original VA died...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:22 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Fokkusu wrote:
I wonder who'll voice Aku. If I recall correctly his original VA died...

He did. :( Greg Baldwin will be taking over for the role in the upcoming season. This is actually the second time he's succeeded Mako Iwamatsu in a part - the first being Uncle Iroh in Avatar: The Last Airbender.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:18 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Some new info on the new season. The first is that, at some point, Jack has lost his sword, and now uses a mix of other weapons (including guns), plus a motorcycle and armor.

As for the other... Well, I dare say images speak louder than words.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:58 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
I used to watch this as a kid. Good times.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:30 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Watched the new episode. It's awesome-and really, REALLY scary.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:04 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
lord Martiya wrote:
Watched the new episode. It's awesome-and really, REALLY scary.

Hopefully Hulu uploads the new episodes. I managed to watch the first 4 seasons...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:53 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I have watch it ast night I like what I saw . The series is just like the old one , but slightly more darker .

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:28 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Watched the grand finale today.

Spoiler: show
The episode picks up from the previous one: Aku has captured Jack thanks to Ashi's unwilling help (as the title of Daughters of Aku happened to be LITERAL: many years ago Aku had visited the cult and left them some of his essence in a cup as a joke, and the High Priestess was crazy enough to drink it. When Aku realizes that Ashi is his daughter he wastes no time into corrupting her, and Jack, who has fallen in love with her, could not bring himself to kill her), and is broadcasting it to the world (complete with the old narration from the previous seasons). That and the execution. In the end he decides to have Ashi do the deed-and that's when Jack is freed from his binding by the intervention of his friends. ALL OF THEM, or at least most: we see the canine archeologists from episode 1, the new generation of ravers, the acquatic dwellers, the Three Archers with their village riding Woolies, the jumping monkeys, the Spartans, and when Aku goes for the counterattack here comes the Scostsman, playing a phantom pipe to allow his daughters to ride his wake on reindeers and throw Aku and Ashi around (and the Scotsman, being the Scotsman, tries to get Jack to marry one of his daughters. And comments that the Aku-fied Ashi is not Jack's type), and finally a Robo Samurai.
That gets Aku to turn serious, but in the meantime Jack reaches what remains of Ashi's good and she returns to her true self. With all her demonic powers, as Aku finds out when she fights him off-and then when she creates a portal in time so she and Jack can get back to the past, mere seconds after leaving. Past Aku dies quickly.
Cut to the wedding of Jack (whose name is still unknown) and Ashi, attended by Jack's mentors and friends of the past-but Ashi collapses on the aisle, because, as she explains, if Aku never ruled the world then she could not exist (the same applies to Jack's friends from the future, but they knew when they came to the rescue). She then disappears. The only consolation is that she knew, and sacrificed herself for a better world and to allow Jack to finally come home.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:33 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
lord Martiya wrote:

The episode picks up from the previous one: Aku has captured Jack thanks to Ashi's unwilling help (as the title of Daughters of Aku happened to be LITERAL: many years ago Aku had visited the cult and left them some of his essence in a cup as a joke, and the High Priestess was crazy enough to drink it. When Aku realizes that Ashi is his daughter he wastes no time into corrupting her, and Jack, who has fallen in love with her, could not bring himself to kill her), and is broadcasting it to the world (complete with the old narration from the previous seasons). That and the execution. In the end he decides to have Ashi do the deed-and that's when Jack is freed from his binding by the intervention of his friends. ALL OF THEM, or at least most: we see the canine archeologists from episode 1, the new generation of ravers, the acquatic dwellers, the Three Archers with their village riding Woolies, the jumping monkeys, the Spartans, and when Aku goes for the counterattack here comes the Scostsman, playing a phantom pipe to allow his daughters to ride his wake on reindeers and throw Aku and Ashi around (and the Scotsman, being the Scotsman, tries to get Jack to marry one of his daughters. And comments that the Aku-fied Ashi is not Jack's type), and finally a Robo Samurai.
That gets Aku to turn serious, but in the meantime Jack reaches what remains of Ashi's good and she returns to her true self. With all her demonic powers, as Aku finds out when she fights him off-and then when she creates a portal in time so she and Jack can get back to the past, mere seconds after leaving. Past Aku dies quickly.
Cut to the wedding of Jack (whose name is still unknown) and Ashi, attended by Jack's mentors and friends of the past-but Ashi collapses on the aisle, because, as she explains, if Aku never ruled the world then she could not exist (the same applies to Jack's friends from the future, but they knew when they came to the rescue). She then disappears. The only consolation is that she knew, and sacrificed herself for a better world and to allow Jack to finally come home.

Somewhat disappointed at the ending. The season had it ups and downs and I felt that could have been done more

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:28 pm 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
TheWinterSoldier91 wrote:
lord Martiya wrote:

Somewhat disappointed at the ending. The season had it ups and downs and I felt that could have been done more

I thought the ending was horrid and committed so many storywriting sins. Deus ex Machina, a certain character suddenly God Modding, cliches, massive timey-wimey inconsistencies, a certain character being a huge Mary Sue, plot holes the size of Lake Michigan. Good God I hated this episode. Personally, I think everything started rapidly going downhill after episode 3. I liked episode 4 for the weird and creative scenery, but it marked the beginning of Ashi taking over the show and eventually turning into a Mary Sue. I liked the bar scene and Scaramouch's antics in episode 6, but that's the only thing I thought was worth watching after episode 4.

I wonder if someone else wrote the first 3 episodes. I'm not the only one who noticed the steep drop in storytelling skill.