Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Share Your Frustrations With Pokemon!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:07 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
^^^ you know years ago id consider that a wonderful story but these days Post Apocalypse stories are so overdone there getting boring just like Zombies XD

Speaking of zombies I actually like Z Nation more than The Walking Dead. It's like you're comparing MCU and DCEU.

See more sprites at

http://sailorstarsbeyond.com/viewforum. ... b441274b94

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:22 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Lum <3
rgveda99 wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
^^^ you know years ago id consider that a wonderful story but these days Post Apocalypse stories are so overdone there getting boring just like Zombies XD

Speaking of zombies I actually like Z Nation more than The Walking Dead. It's like you're comparing MCU and DCEU.

[if this is going into a full discussion please make a separate thread for it, that said I too prefer Z Nation over Walking Dead ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:25 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Tuf Pic wrote:
I don't really have any major grievances with Pokemon, but I'd just like to throw in my input as to why Satoshi, (Japanese name for Ash Ketchum), doesn't grow old, (& I am actually GLAD ABOUT THAT)!!

Interview with the person who introduced Pokemon into our universe, Satoshi Tajiri, answer highlighted wrote:
TIME: The main human guy is named Satoshi. That's your name. Is he your alter ego?
Tajiri: Basically, he's me when I was a kid.

In other words, my educated opinion as to why Satoshi/Ash Ketchum doesn't grow old, (I could potentially see him growing UP, ESPECIALLY if it was/is a Mega-Evolved, (in other words, TEMPORARY), state), is because he is someone's CHILD-SELF, & how can someone's child-self very likely grow old?!

(Well, on the other hand, even Peter Pan, who after all is an archetypal example of an eternally youthful boy,
Spoiler: show
DOES grow into a middle-aged man, (& loses his memories), in the Robin Williams Movie "Hook",
so it COULD happen in some versions of the Pokemon Multiverse, but I would do my utmost best to IGNORE those kinds of universes like THE PLAGUE)!!

Source-Interview for the above-mentioned quote, (specifically on the 2'nd page):

http://pokedream.com/pokemon/infocenter/tajiri.php,

...&...

http://pokedream.com/pokemon/infocenter/tajiri2.php

...&...

Tuf Pic, slightly expanded from the original post wrote:
Yinggirl wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
in a Pikachu short (not sure which one though) he says to Pikachu "Do You Know What Today Is Pikachu?, It's The Anniversary Of the Day We First Met" which would imply at least a year passed but then in the next season Ash is still listed as 10 years old

http://img.memecdn.com/ash-twilight_o_920042.jpg

I'm not sorry.

Or maybe he is a child-of-the-forest, similar to Peter Pan, & some versions of Link:

Also, originally, Satoshi's/Ash's partner Pokemon wasn't going to be Pikachu in the anime, ...but... CLEFAIRY, like as in Tinkerbell/Tatl/Tael/Navi/Ciela/any other Fairy Partners of Link, (although Tinkerbell was/is with Peter Pan, & Tael was with the Skull Kid)!!

Also, Pikachu is partially of the Fairy-Egg Group!!

I would personally prefer it if he had BOTH a Pikachu, as well as a Clefairy, & here's the way I see that potential scenario playing out:

Satoshi/Ash Ketchum gets a Clefairy from the Professor in Kanto, & finds a Pikachu under his floorboards, when he gets back home,
(much like in the Pokemon Dengeki Pikachu Manga),
so he gets 2 STARTER Pokemon!!

EDIT: Also, he lives rather near Viridian Forest!!

Maybe he is a Viridian Child, like as in the Pokemon Special/Adventures manga, especially since he is later revealed to have the Power of Aura?!

(Although technically, Pikachu *WOULD* be more appropriate than Clefairy, following that logic, in a sense, seeing as you can find wild Pikachu's in the Viridian Forest, in Pokemon Red/Green/Blue/Fire-Red/Leaf-Green, & you cannot, (@least under regular circumstances), find wild any wild Clefairy, in that location, but I would still prefer he have both a Pikachu, *&* a Clefairy)!!

Also, he gets his starter Pokemon('s) from a person who has the name of a certain type of tree, in most versions of the Pokemon Multiverse that we know of, (OAK), similar to the Fairy/Deku Tree, although to be fair, ALL of the Pokemon Professors share their names with trees, @LEAST SO-FAR!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:50 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The Blizzard Prince wrote:
Fokkusu wrote:
It's a cartoon and I don't give a crap about morals, but it's really weird to me that no one points out the elephant in the room that Pokemon is basically a fantasy-world version of dogfighting.

What about Team Plasma? In the games, they talk about how wrong it is to own Pokemon and force them to battle.

Team Plasma is a bunch of scam-artists who prey on people's sympathy to trick them into releasing their Pokemon, then steal said Pokemon for themselves and enslave them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:41 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm not very good at competitive play. I made some friends while challenging gym leaders of the MTLPokemon League. At least they are kind and understand that I'm not very good with my Pokemon team.

Though, I never understood why Dragons were weak to ice. It makes my Sneasel pretty useful when fighting dragon types.

Another thing that bothers me is that when Pokemon are sent to the bank, the item they held returns to the old game. Kinda makes you feel bad that you finally found the megastones, only to find out that they are not with the pokemon that you transfer to the new game.

Though, while I was at the event, people had Shineys. The three shineys I got are Yvental, Xerneas, and Rayquaza from GTS. Sadly, I can't use those pokemon while fighting the league.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:07 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Ami-Chans True Love
Yinggirl wrote:
Though, while I was at the event, people had Shineys. The three shineys I got are Yvental, Xerneas, and Rayquaza from GTS. Sadly, I can't use those pokemon while fighting the league.

I actually find the most frustration with the GTS as people put up certain pokemon and ask for impossible trades like a Mewtwo for example and they want a LV. 5 Mewtwo for it which is literally impossible and those shouldn't be allowed, not to mention everyone wants legendary pokemon for very common ones like weedle or caterpie, etc. its so stupid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:22 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Dark Lord
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

Oh no, it would go beyond that. It would be like Dark Souls or Darksiders, that kind of apocalyptic.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:24 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Actually, I do have @least 1 rather significant issue with Pokemon, that I thought of, specifically relating to the current Anime incarnation of Satoshi/Ash Ketchum, namely:

HE DOESN'T CATCH ANY PSYCHIC, GHOST, &/OR FAIRY-TYPES, (3 OF MY TOP FAVORITE POKEMON TYPES), although a Haunter DID tag along with him, & he almost caught a Mimikyu in the current season, (BOTH GHOST & FAIRY!!), although I guess the Rotom-Dex partially fills that void, & I would enjoy it IMMENSELY, if he FINALLY caught some Psychic, &/or Fairy-Type('s), A.S.A.P.!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:03 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Tuf Pic wrote:
Actually, I do have @least 1 rather significant issue with Pokemon, that I thought of, specifically relating to the current Anime incarnation of Satoshi/Ash Ketchum, namely:

HE DOESN'T CATCH ANY PSYCHIC, GHOST, &/OR FAIRY-TYPES, (3 OF MY TOP FAVORITE POKEMON TYPES), although a Haunter DID tag along with him, & he almost caught a Mimikyu in the current season, (BOTH GHOST & FAIRY!!), although I guess the Rotom-Dex partially fills that void, & I would enjoy it IMMENSELY, if he FINALLY caught some Psychic, &/or Fairy-Type('s), A.S.A.P.!!

lol I don't care for Ash Ketchum and I think the current season will kill the anime
hopefully
because of the terrible art style and personally I think the anime needs to end

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:12 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
Tuf Pic wrote:

lol I don't care for Ash Ketchum and I think the current season will kill the anime
hopefully
because of the terrible art style and personally I think the anime needs to end

1) To each her or his own!! ;)

2) I on the other hand, DON'T THINK IT SHOULD END, or @least, I want Satoshi to stay eternally youthful, (if not ALWAYS as a child, then @least become a young adult, (& hopefully only temporarily, as in MEGA EVOLUTION))!! :tongue:

3) The only thing I have to agree with you about is the art-style of the current season!!

EDIT: I actually :love:/like Satoshi/Ash Ketchum, :cookie: (amongst other characters from different universes), (but yes, the REALLY POOR art-style of the current season SHOULD BE CHANGED, A.S.A.P., although I'll still watch the current season)!! ;)

Last edited by Tuf Pic on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:17 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Whether one likes Ash/Satoshi or not, he's here to stay. The anime may not be doing as good as it once was, but it's not in danger of ending yet.

Maetch wrote:
Team Plasma is a bunch of scam-artists who prey on people's sympathy to trick them into releasing their Pokemon, then steal said Pokemon for themselves and enslave them.

I was just pointing out that that point has been brought up before, not that it came from a reputable source. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:01 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Fokkusu wrote:
>Teenagers hunt and capture terrified wild animals
>Same teenagers stuff the animals into tiny enclosures with other wild animals
>Same teenagers force the wild animals to fight each other in death matches

I'm kind of weirded out by how no one in the Pokemon universe has any objections to this - No, wait, that it's never even questioned why they do this in the first place. Do these people not have movies, the internet, and celebrities to keep them entertained?

It's a cartoon and I don't give a crap about morals, but it's really weird to me that no one points out the elephant in the room that Pokemon is basically a fantasy-world version of dogfighting.

Funny you should say that, cause i stumbled on this video that addresses it while looking for Shiny Litten videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClDGKNYAzu4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:27 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
^^^ that was cringeworthy

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:15 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
So I got a Solgaleo deck for 17$CDN, but to get a Shiny Card card of Solgaleo and 4 booster packs in a tin will cost me 32$US. Debating if I should get the Litten/Incineroar deck too.

Also stayed up to 10 pm yesterday trying to figure out how the hell to get to Scootopolis City after Groundon awakens. I can't recall how frustrating it was. But so far, I'm 11 hours in and I just got my 7th badge. While in Alpha Sapphire, I'm clocked over 100 hours.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:44 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Yinggirl wrote:
So I got a Solgaleo deck for 17$CDN, but to get a Shiny Card card of Solgaleo and 4 booster packs in a tin will cost me 32$US. Debating if I should get the Litten/Incineroar deck too.

Also stayed up to 10 pm yesterday trying to figure out how the hell to get to Scootopolis City after Groundon awakens. I can't recall how frustrating it was. But so far, I'm 11 hours in and I just got my 7th badge. While in Alpha Sapphire, I'm clocked over 100 hours.

me too I do most of my shiny hunting (which is very little XD) in ORAS as well as X/Y because of the Horde Method

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:42 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJntmten-Fw

Oh Professor Oak. No wonder Ash never makes it to be champion.