Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Share Your Frustrations With Pokemon!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:31 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Ami-Chans True Love
title says it all lets hear what annoys you most about the Pokémon Games/Anime/Manga/Etc. as for me here's my list in order from most frustrating to least frustrating:

Anime:

1. Writing off Misty/Kasumi nuff said

2. ASH NEVER AGES!

3. No Ash vs Giovanni in Season 1 instead we get Ash vs Team Rocket for the Earth Badge (that still pisses me off to this day)

4. Same thing every episode Ash will either make a new friend, maybe get a new Pokémon then at the end of each episode get attacked by Team Rocket

5. The GS Ball

Games:

1. same plots re-used over and over again for example there's always a Team something trying to rule the world or in Team Galactic's case trying to remake the world, with the exception of Sun and Moon you always have to best 8 Pokémon Gyms and the Elite Four who with the exception of Ruby and Sapphire (original versions not remakes) are usually weak

2. The main Character especially these days are bland as hell no facial expressions, no real character development (although I admit the customization is quite nice)

3. some of the new Pokémon introduced in the newest games are well Trubbish lol

I haven't read the manga so I have no opinion on that sadly

Usagi wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
you need a spanking
Perhaps I could use one.

Post subject: Re: Share Your Frustrations With Pokemon!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:19 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Odango Goddess
I think ash not aging is to keep the protagonist at age 10 to relate to young viewers regardless of what gen it's on, if it were me though I'd use a new 10 year old every season instead of a new sidekick or have ash age and become a master then make a new series staring his kid or kids [preferably with Misty as Ash's wife P-: ]

if I recall the GS ball plot never completed because the arc was scrapped I think it had to do with the movie or a movie or something but that's all I remember

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:27 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Prince Rose wrote:
I think ash not aging is to keep the protagonist at age 10 to relate to young viewers regardless of what gen it's on, if it were me though I'd use a new 10 year old every season instead of a new sidekick or have ash age and become a master then make a new series staring his kid or kids [preferably with Misty as Ash's wife P-: ]

if I recall the GS ball plot never completed because the arc was scrapped I think it had to do with the movie or a movie or something but that's all I remember

actually Pokémon was originally supposed to end after Gen 2 but its popularity starting peaking so that was scrapped along with the original ending of Ash Marrying Misty and having a son whom he hands down Pikachu to and as for the GS Ball it was originally supposed to hold Celebi but the story arc was canned in favor of Pokémon the Movie 2000 which featured Celebi

Usagi wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
you need a spanking
Perhaps I could use one.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:30 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:

actually Pokémon was originally supposed to end after Gen 2 but its popularity starting peaking so that was scrapped along with the original ending of Ash Marrying Misty and having a son whom he hands down Pikachu to and as for the GS Ball it was originally supposed to hold Celebi but the story arc was canned in favor of Pokémon the Movie 2000 which featured Celebi

I knew it had to do with the movie in some way :P

I wish both ideas came true

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:33 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Prince Rose wrote:
I knew it had to do with the movie in some way :P

I wish both ideas came true

me too especially the Ash x Misty ending :love:

Usagi wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
you need a spanking
Perhaps I could use one.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:18 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Moon Princess
In Pokemon Red I hated how hard Victory Road was and I could never figure out how to get past it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:25 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
in pokemon red I thought the annoying part was Diglett tunnel as the devs thought it was brilliant to give Digletts the ability Arena Trap making it impossible to run from battle

Usagi wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
you need a spanking
Perhaps I could use one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:23 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membership
The fact that there is so many Pokémon now, that its pretty much pointless/impossible to catch all of them now. Thankfully the developers included more story into the later games.

Still though the magic of capturing all Pokémon and showing off to your friends is now a distant memory.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:10 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SailorWelshy wrote:
The fact that there is so many Pokémon now, that its pretty much pointless/impossible to catch all of them now. Thankfully the developers included more story into the later games.

Still though the magic of capturing all Pokémon and showing off to your friends is now a distant memory.

ain't that the truth lol and half the new Pokémon are lazy designs like a ring of keys (Klefki) or a bag of trash (Trubbish and Garbador)

Usagi wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
you need a spanking
Perhaps I could use one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:43 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membership
Other:
It's unneccessarily long.for example i don't know pokemons after #151 and i don't know new trainers well Ash misty and brock were well

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:36 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I don't really have any major grievances with Pokemon, but I'd just like to throw in my input as to why Satoshi, (Japanese name for Ash Ketchum), doesn't grow old, (& I am actually GLAD ABOUT THAT)!!

Interview with the person who introduced Pokemon into our universe, Satoshi Tajiri wrote:
TIME: The main human guy is named Satoshi. That's your name. Is he your alter ego?
Tajiri: Basically, he's me when I was a kid.

In other words, my educated opinion as to why Satoshi/Ash Ketchum doesn't grow old, (I could potentially see him growing UP, ESPECIALLY if it was/is a Mega-Evolved, (in other words, TEMPORARY), state), is because he is someone's CHILD-SELF, & how can someone's child-self very likely grow old?!

(Well, on the other hand, even Peter Pan, who after all is an archetypal example of an eternally youthful boy,
Spoiler: show
DOES grow into a middle-aged man, (& loses his memories), in the Robin Williams Movie "Hook",
so it COULD happen in some versions of the Pokemon Multiverse, but I would do my utmost best to IGNORE those kinds of universes like THE PLAGUE)!!

Source-Interview for the above-mentioned quote, (specifically on the 2'nd page):

http://pokedream.com/pokemon/infocenter/tajiri.php,

...&...

http://pokedream.com/pokemon/infocenter/tajiri2.php

Last edited by Tuf Pic on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:34 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I think my biggest one is the lack of an anime adaptation for Pokemon Adventures. There's so many awesome things in that manga that I'd love to see animated.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:54 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Other: 4th Regeneration
The worst thing about Pokémon is Team Valor. Red team is the worst.

The most annoying/frustrating thing is the number of lazy and nonsensical Pokémon there are. Sometimes it feels like they aren't trying anymore; and, to be fair, is there really much for them to do other than random household appliances at this point?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:00 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Tuf Pic wrote:
I don't really have any major grievances with Pokemon, but I'd just like to throw in my input as to why Satoshi, (Japanese name for Ash Ketchum), doesn't grow old, (& I am actually GLAD ABOUT THAT)!!

Interview with the person who introduced Pokemon into our universe, Satoshi Tajiri wrote:
TIME: The main human guy is named Satoshi. That's your name. Is he your alter ego?
Tajiri: Basically, he's me when I was a kid.

In other words, my educated opinion as to why Satoshi/Ash Ketchum doesn't grow old, (I could potentially see him growing UP, ESPECIALLY if it was/is a Mega-Evolved, (in other words, TEMPORARY), state), is because he is someone's CHILD-SELF, & how can someone's child-self very likely grow old?!

(Well, on the other hand, even Peter Pan, who after all is an archetypal example of an eternally youthful boy,
Spoiler: show
DOES grow into a middle-aged man, (& loses his memories), in the Robin Williams Movie "Hook",
so it COULD happen in some versions of the Pokemon Multiverse, but I would do my utmost best to IGNORE those kinds of universes like THE PLAGUE)!!

Source-Interview for the above-mentioned quote, (specifically on the 2'nd page):

http://pokedream.com/pokemon/infocenter/tajiri.php,

...&...

http://pokedream.com/pokemon/infocenter/tajiri2.php

in a Pikachu short (not sure which one though) he says to Pikachu "Do You Know What Today Is Pikachu?, It's The Anniversary Of the Day We First Met" which would imply at least a year passed but then in the next season Ash is still listed as 10 years old

Usagi wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
you need a spanking
Perhaps I could use one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:08 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
in a Pikachu short (not sure which one though) he says to Pikachu "Do You Know What Today Is Pikachu?, It's The Anniversary Of the Day We First Met" which would imply at least a year passed but then in the next season Ash is still listed as 10 years old

http://img.memecdn.com/ash-twilight_o_920042.jpg

I'm not sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:09 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
that's actually funny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:29 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Cynthia from Diamond/Pearl. I was a newb in Pokemon since that was the first game that introduced me to Pokemon series. I finally get to beat all the Elite Four, but when Cynthia shows up, she schools my team with her Lucario. So I had to trade that game out of frustration.

Other Pokemon thing, I did some Trainer edits. They're all in my folder on my DA. Someday maybe I'll see these sprites on Pokecharms. My recent ones are the siblings of Nohr from Fire Emblem Fates.

http://theregoesthenghbhd.deviantart.co ... /PokeCreed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:05 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Yinggirl wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

I'm not sorry.

don't be sorry that was awesome XD
Yinggirl wrote:
Cynthia from Diamond/Pearl. I was a newb in Pokemon since that was the first game that introduced me to Pokemon series. I finally get to beat all the Elite Four, but when Cynthia shows up, she schools my team with her Lucario. So I had to trade that game out of frustration.

Other Pokemon thing, I did some Trainer edits. They're all in my folder on my DA. Someday maybe I'll see these sprites on Pokecharms. My recent ones are the siblings of Nohr from Fire Emblem Fates.

http://theregoesthenghbhd.deviantart.co ... /PokeCreed

I loved Cynthia she was a badass female character and my personal favorite Champion but I do know what you mean about her being strong unlike most characters she always used a beat down strategy which means she uses no stat impairment moves which I love

Usagi wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
you need a spanking
Perhaps I could use one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:27 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Yinggirl wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

I'm not sorry.

Or maybe he is a child-of-the-forest, similar to Peter Pan, & some versions of Link:

Also, originally, Satoshi's/Ash's partner Pokemon wasn't going to be Pikachu in the anime, ...but... CLEFAIRY, like as in Tinkerbell/Tatl/Tael/Navi/Ciela/any other Fairy Partners of Link, (although Tinkerbell was/is with Peter Pan, & Tael was with the Skull Kid)!!

Also, Pikachu is partially of the Fairy-Egg Group!!

I would personally prefer it if he had BOTH a Pikachu, as well as a Clefairy!!

EDIT: Also, he lives rather near Viridian Forest!!

Last edited by Tuf Pic on Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:23 am 
My name does not mean what you think it means
My name does not mean what you think it means
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
>Teenagers hunt and capture terrified wild animals
>Same teenagers stuff the animals into tiny enclosures with other wild animals
>Same teenagers force the wild animals to fight each other in death matches

I'm kind of weirded out by how no one in the Pokemon universe has any objections to this - No, wait, that it's never even questioned why they do this in the first place. Do these people not have movies, the internet, and celebrities to keep them entertained?

It's a cartoon and I don't give a crap about morals, but it's really weird to me that no one points out the elephant in the room that Pokemon is basically a fantasy-world version of dogfighting.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:25 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Fokkusu wrote:
It's a cartoon and I don't give a crap about morals, but it's really weird to me that no one points out the elephant in the room that Pokemon is basically a fantasy-world version of dogfighting.

What about Team Plasma? In the games, they talk about how wrong it is to own Pokemon and force them to battle.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:57 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
It is a bit off-topic but I have to ask: has Ash finally won a Pokémon League ? I don't watch Pokémon since Diamond and Pearl so I really don't know.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:10 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
It is a bit off-topic but I have to ask: has Ash finally won a Pokémon League ? I don't watch Pokémon since Diamond and Pearl so I really don't know.

If he ever did, this would happen. Warning, does have foul language and violence. But so hilariously wrong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xNpe35cDWo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:24 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Yinggirl wrote:
SignorinaTsukino wrote:

If he ever did, this would happen. Warning, does have foul language and violence. But so hilariously wrong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xNpe35cDWo
LOL... Poor Ash...I hope he will win someday.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:31 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SignorinaTsukino wrote:

no but he did manage to defeat Gary at the Indigo League Championship

Usagi wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
you need a spanking
Perhaps I could use one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:35 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Not a frustration but a Pokemon related question
What are your thoughts on Pokemon origins? I found it pretty interesting

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:53 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Prince Rose wrote:

loved it although Charmander's screams of pain made me cringe lol

Usagi wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
you need a spanking
Perhaps I could use one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:00 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:

loved it although Charmander's screams of pain made me cringe lol

I know, if they were aiming for 'realism', well they sure nailed it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:01 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: Dark Lord
You know, I once made up this idea when I was 15 or 16 a long time ago and I had this awesome idea what I would like to see happen and they would be:

Ash is now older, between 25-30 and has long black hair
Almost all the pokemon evolve into demons
The demonic pokemon are to destroy the world and bring the Apocalypse
Ash has guns and a sword
Mewtwo is now Mewhundred, the leader of the demonic pokemon and the main villain
Gore, blood and I mean a TON of blood
Brutal fight scenes
Ash is more of a "trash talker" and smarts off to people, mostly his enemies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:25 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
^^^ you know years ago id consider that a wonderful story but these days Post Apocalypse stories are so overdone there getting boring just like Zombies XD

Usagi wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
you need a spanking
Perhaps I could use one.