* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:29 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Anyone else playing this? I just got to Eventide Island.
Spoiler: show
It's a cool island. All your gear is stripped and you are left with just your shorts. You then have to find 3 orbs on the island, eventually fighting a giant cyclops, to get your stuff back.

Post subject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:35 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Ami-Chans True Love
NavalCommanderMercury wrote:
Anyone else playing this? I just got to Eventide Island.
It's a cool island. All your gear is stripped and you are left with just your shorts. You then have to find 3 orbs on the island, eventually fighting a giant cyclops, to get your stuff back.

i do but im not very far into the game tho XD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:46 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Dark Lord
Yep I just got it Friday along with my Switch and I'm loving it. It is very, very different from any other Zelda I have played.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:50 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Lord Mala wrote:
Yep I just got it Friday along with my Switch and I'm loving it. It is very, very different from any other Zelda I have played.

I like it too but I do have some tiny little grievances and that's how little endurance each weapon has they explode after maybe 5 or 6 hits

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:55 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
There is one weapon that does not break and you can get it early in the game if you want to before the first dungeon but will take awhile to do so. That weapon being the
Master Sword
. I'm currently working on getting it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:30 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
It rains too much >.<

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:52 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: GottaCatch'emAll
haven't got a switch yet but I plan to get one ASAP and this is my no#1 game that I want

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:04 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Just got some armor that increases my climbing speed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:37 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Lord Mala wrote:
There is one weapon that does not break and you can get it early in the game if you want to before the first dungeon but will take awhile to do so. That weapon being the
Master Sword
. I'm currently working on getting it.

actually I heard that
the Master Sword does break which is sacrilege if true

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:56 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
From what I heard it doesn't break but it does have some kind of cooldown for one of the bonuses that is used.

Oh yeah, and be careful when it thunderstorms in the game. The weather is no longer a background element anymore as seen in previous games, you can actually get hit by lightning and die from it. If that happens, find something such as a building or a platform and get under it until the storm is over.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:19 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Lord Mala wrote:
From what I heard it doesn't break but it does have some kind of cooldown for one of the bonuses that is used.

Oh yeah, and be careful when it thunderstorms in the game. The weather is no longer a background element anymore as seen in previous games, you can actually get hit by lightning and die from it. If that happens, find something such as a building or a platform and get under it until the storm is over.

If you are wearing metal equipment you are more likely to be hit as well

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:05 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Thanks for letting me know there. I'll be sure to know what to wear when I get that far in.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:46 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Yeah. Wearing metal armor , weapons and shields during a lightning storm will cause your equipment to spark. The faster it sparks the closer you are to being hit by lightning.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:58 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Yeah thanks for that. I hate having to wait 10 minutes under a rock or whatever just to avoid lightning strikes.

What's cool is you can actually choose which dungeon you want to do first. I've already completed one but I'm not going to do the rest for awhile until I get more heart containers. The first boss I fought slaughtered me into Oblivion and it took me many tries to defeat it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:07 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
I went straight for stamina upgrades. 1 extra heart container, 5 stamina upgrades. I wanted to open up more of the world by climbing mountains, so yeah.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:11 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
If you want to get the
Master Sword
you need to have 13 hearts. That means you need to get 10 heart containers(not counting the 3 you start with). There is a way you can convert stamina upgrades to heart containers. After that I will go for the stamina upgrades. Going to need to find me a set of armor I can use to speed up my climbing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:27 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
I found some Climbing Gear in a dungeon.
I'm currently sailing around the north ocean looking for stuff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:47 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I am. I love it. It's killing me though that I didn't register Epona after getting her from the Smash Link Amiibo and now I'm not able to summon her again. I've read mixed reports saying she might randomly respawn when reusing the amiibo or that she's gone for good. Anyway, let that be a lesson.

I'm off to play some more. ^_^'

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:19 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Lord Mala wrote:
If you want to get the
Master Sword
you need to have 13 hearts. That means you need to get 10 heart containers(not counting the 3 you start with). There is a way you can convert stamina upgrades to heart containers. After that I will go for the stamina upgrades. Going to need to find me a set of armor I can use to speed up my climbing.

that's good to know thanks Mala ;) guess I got lots of work to do lol I've only got 4 Hearts right now and I'm working on the Zora's Domain Dungeon lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:02 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Forgot to say this but any bonus hearts you get from Mipha's Grace will not count either.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:38 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
I hate the Dunba Taag shrine. Designed so you break all your weapons on the stupid barrels >.<

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:48 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Haven't gotten there yet, at least I don't think I have what region of Hyrule is it in?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:40 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Northwest, canyons.

I reccomend going to the labyrinth in the far north-east of the map. I got a helmet that increases my attack there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:58 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I hate the Dunba Taag shrine. Designed so you break all your weapons on the stupid barrels >.<

I hate the Elephant machine dungeon at Zora's Domain fighting it was easy once inside of it I got lost I don't know where to go lol XD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:19 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Might have to find a video walkthrough for that as I was confused too. Water based dungeons in Zelda usually tend to be the hardest.

I can however give you good advice when fighting the boss because I will tell you, he is NOT easy. Make sure you have a strong shield with you and save it for the fight. He is a 2 phase boss and he can hit you with that big spear of his in both phases and unless you have a lot of hearts, he can KO you in 1 hit. If you raise your shield as he pulls back his hand and keep it raised. You will not take any damage. Try to keep your shield raised in the first phase and jump at the right time to do that Matrix thing on him and beat him down until phase 2.

In phase 2, he can shoot ice cubes at you except these cubes can also kill you in 1 hit unless you either use your ice ability or jump behind the platform you are on as by the time his ice comes in, it will hit the platform instead of you but still use your shield to block his spear. Oh and I recommend using a bow on his second phase. Getting real close to him on phase 2 is just too dangerous. He was the first boss I fought(haven't fought the others yet) and for a first boss he was very hard, especially for a Zelda game.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:28 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Lord Mala wrote:
Might have to find a video walkthrough for that as I was confused too. Water based dungeons in Zelda usually tend to be the hardest.

I can however give you good advice when fighting the boss because I will tell you, he is NOT easy. Make sure you have a strong shield with you and save it for the fight. He is a 2 phase boss and he can hit you with that big spear of his in both phases and unless you have a lot of hearts, he can KO you in 1 hit. If you raise your shield as he pulls back his hand and keep it raised. You will not take any damage. Try to keep your shield raised in the first phase and jump at the right time to do that Matrix thing on him and beat him down until phase 2.

In phase 2, he can shoot ice cubes at you except these cubes can also kill you in 1 hit unless you either use your ice ability or jump behind the platform you are on as by the time his ice comes in, it will hit the platform instead of you but still use your shield to block his spear. Oh and I recommend using a bow on his second phase. Getting real close to him on phase 2 is just too dangerous. He was the first boss I fought(haven't fought the others yet) and for a first boss he was very hard, especially for a Zelda game.

I beat him already myself and it took me probably 20 tries too lol glad I left and bought some Bomb Arrows they were a huge help with Phase 2. any advice on getting heat resistant armor?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:16 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Just beat the Rito divine beast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:05 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
I tried going straight to Ganon but it made me fight the bosses I skipped >.<

That's not happening lol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:31 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membership
Whenever I see this game, this immediately pops into my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gDGWZwovAg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:27 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I tried going straight to Ganon but it made me fight the bosses I skipped >.<

That's not happening lol

Yes you will be forced to fight the bosses you have not fought if you go straight to him. I personally would not recommend it, to me I find it suicide to attempt.