Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anyone here with a mental illness?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:57 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Male straight
Clow wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:
Most diseases mentioned in this thread are never officially diagnosed (or treated) in Russian clinics, if that's what you mean.

Yeah, that is what my Russian friend said. I wonder how Russians struggling with depression, OCD, or ADD cope.

They don't, Russia alongside Eastern Europe in general have some of the worlds highest suicide rates.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:06 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
Maraviollantes wrote:
Vodka. :booze:

If you are serious, doesn't that make matters worse? :shocked: :sick: Like doesn't that increase the number of alcoholics in the country? :eeklez:

I am seriously intrigued by this topic. I have the impression that this Russian friend I mentioned thinks that mental illness & depression are signs of weakness or something that people make up to get attention or special treatment. Do you think most Russians view mental illness like I have described?

TESTAMENT wrote:
They don't, Russia alongside Eastern Europe in general have some of the worlds highest suicide rates.

Do you confirm this, Mara?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:49 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Clow wrote:
I have the impression that this Russian friend I mentioned thinks that mental illness & depression are signs of weakness or something that people make up to get attention or special treatment. Do you think most Russians view mental illness like I have described?

Quite so. Real men don't talk about depression. Real men drink vodka and punch each other in the face to relieve stress. P-:

Clow wrote:
TESTAMENT wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... icide_rate

This info is easily available on Wikipedia. I don't know if there is any relation to excessive alcohol consumption or lack of adequate mental healthcare, though. Some of the world's poorest countries where last psychiatrists were burned on stakes as evil wizards decades ago have the lowest suicide rates on the planet. Go figure.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:05 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maraviollantes wrote:
Clow wrote:
I have the impression that this Russian friend I mentioned thinks that mental illness & depression are signs of weakness or something that people make up to get attention or special treatment. Do you think most Russians view mental illness like I have described?

Quite so. Real men don't talk about depression. Real men drink vodka and punch each other in the face to relieve stress. P-:

So how about the Russian women, then? lol

Quote:
Clow wrote:
TESTAMENT wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... icide_rate

This info is easily available on Wikipedia. I don't know if there is any relation to excessive alcohol consumption or lack of adequate mental healthcare, though. Some of the world's poorest countries where last psychiatrists were burned on stakes as evil wizards decades ago have the lowest suicide rates on the planet. Go figure.

Have heard many years ago that psychologists/psychiatrists have got a higher-than-average-population suicide rate themselves. :P

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:51 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
So how about the Russian women, then? lol

If a woman begins to talk about her mental problems, that just means she doesn't get enough sex, and that's about it. A bit of vodka won't hurt either.

man + man + vodka = face punching & stress relief;
man + woman + vodka = sex & stress relief.

That's how Russian psychotherapy works. :cool:

Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Have heard many years ago that psychologists/psychiatrists have got a higher-than-average-population suicide rate themselves. :P

They brainwash other people into thinking that life is awesome and future is bright, but have nobody yet more smart to brainwash them into believing all that BS. That's why.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:04 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maraviollantes wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

They brainwash other people into thinking that life is awesome and future is bright, but have nobody yet more smart to brainwash them into believing all that BS. That's why.

Sounds logical, lol & as people say, docs are the worst patients. XD

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:16 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
Maraviollantes wrote:

Gay men, too?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:56 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Clow wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:

Gay men, too?

A la his equation for women, here's my guess: :lol:

gay man + gay man + vodka = sex & stress relief

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:20 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Clow wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:

Gay men, too?

I don't know any gay people outside of the Internet, so can't say anything on the matter.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:37 am 
Stella
Stella
Depression OCD and Bipolar disorder. Over all stemming from the trauma I suffered as a transgirl in the Bible belt.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:48 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
It's just too bad most of the former members here with narcissistic personality disorder have either been banned or went on self exile. :googly:

Then again they either won't admit they have it or won't have the capacity to admit it. :P

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:31 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
It's just too bad most of the former members here with narcissistic personality disorder have either been banned or went on self exile. :googly:

Then again they either won't admit they have it or won't have the capacity to admit it. :P

Cold one. I don't suffer from that, but I've been working on sprites and doing drawings in my new notebook.
As for mental illness, I suffer from Depression and Schizophrenia. I take meds regularly and I use music/video games as an escapism from my mid life crisis. I'm the only one in my family that has no university degree. I'm proud people follow my gaming Tumblr.

Contact me as a PM or check out my two threads in the Genvid Lounge.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:08 am 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I know people from the military with PTSD. Some of these guys wake up in the middle of the night thinking that they are under attack.

I have depression, even to the point where I thought of killing myself through various means...

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:51 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Yinggirl wrote:
Cold one.

As cold as an undead white walker from Game of Thrones.

Spoiler: show
It's a good thing we only have one active member who has this mental condition. Delusional at times but totally harmless. ^_^

Yinggirl wrote:
I don't suffer from that, but I've been working on sprites and doing drawings in my new notebook.
As for mental illness, I suffer from Depression and Schizophrenia. I take meds regularly and I use music/video games as an escapism from my mid life crisis.

It's good you have hobbies as it can be quite therapeutic. I'm actually planning on coloring mandalas some time this week.

Yinggirl wrote:
I'm the only one in my family that has no university degree. I'm proud people follow my gaming Tumblr.

The good thing is you don't need to have a degree to be successful. A lot of successful people don't even have college degrees. Kinda like most dyslexics in Hollywood.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/249683

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:45 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
Other: Submarine Reflection
I was diagnosed last year with GAD ( General Anxiety Disorder) but it hasn't really affected me that bad. I just over worry, and they prescribed me some pretty trippy benzo's ( gabapentin) to take when I'm having an anxiety attack. I don't normally use them though because at my age (30) starting a medication like that is useless and maybe dangerous. I've suspected I had anxiety most of my life and deal with it other ways, I go to gym every morning until noonish, I go to mass at the parish/church 3 times a week ( I'm a choir girl and run the sunday morning pre-mass tea rota) and I do other things to keep my mind busy.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:38 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: No.1 Mercury Fanboy
I might or might not suffer (Never properly diagnosed :neutral: ) from some kind of Survivor's Guilt due to being exactly this: The (probably) last of an entire (nuclear) family and I can't imagine why as I didn't achieve anything particularly groundbreaking so far - Neither did I find the cure for cancer/AIDS nor did I end world famine or penultimately save the environment. Also I don't eat and live much differently (e. g. healthier) than the others did.

Still being a virgin at 40 (On my books, touching yourself doesn't count) and not having kids and/or a partner/wife/whatever also adds to the drama.

Now, am I asking too much (from myself)?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:55 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Onuzim Ima wrote:
Still being a virgin at 40

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:22 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Onuzim Ima wrote:
I might or might not suffer (Never properly diagnosed :neutral: ) from some kind of Survivor's Guilt due to being exactly this: The (probably) last of an entire (nuclear) family and I can't imagine why as I didn't achieve anything particularly groundbreaking so far - Neither did I find the cure for cancer/AIDS nor did I end world famine or penultimately save the environment. Also I don't eat and live much differently (e. g. healthier) than the others did.

Still being a virgin at 40 (On my books, touching yourself doesn't count) and not having kids and/or a partner/wife/whatever also adds to the drama.

Maybe you might meet the right person when the time comes. I have stayed single for most of my life..

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:31 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: just forum married
Onuzim Ima wrote:

Me when i became 40 (and i absolutely count touching yourself too)
I'll be a crazy cat lady.Totally accepted it :blush:

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:08 pm 
Stella
Stella
Other: Married To NQS!
I have Aspergers, ADHD and I'm slightly Autistic also I'm very paranoid around the ladies (helps girls were always very cruel to me so naturally I developed a slight fear :lol: ) also I too am a 30 year old virgin because of my Phobia of women, hell because of my Aspergers I cannot speak of my true feelings very easily (funny thing is I can flirt with women online but in person I cannot even talk to them unless we're friends or their a customer where I work :lol: )

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:14 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Ryo Urawa wrote:
I have Aspergers, ADHD and I'm slightly Autistic also I'm very paranoid around the ladies (helps girls were always very cruel to me so naturally I developed a slight fear :lol: ) also I too am a 30 year old virgin because of my Phobia of women, hell because of my Aspergers I cannot speak of my true feelings very easily (funny thing is I can flirt with women online but in person I cannot even talk to them unless we're friends or their a customer where I work :lol: )

I wish I could trade spots with you....

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:17 pm 
Stella
Stella
^^^trust me you don't want to be me I hate the fact I'm a bloody coward around women

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:18 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Ryo Urawa wrote:
^^^trust me you don't want to be me I hate the fact I'm a bloody coward around women

Beats having to deal with females who try to sneak up on me :sick:

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:21 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
^^^^I wish i was you too i am very frightened around men :orly: all of my friends are married/seeing someone and when they ask if i have a bf i answer them with a big fat no. :innocent:

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:26 pm 
Stella
Stella
TheWinterSoldier91 wrote:
Ryo Urawa wrote:

Beats having to deal with females who try to sneak up on me :sick:

I wish women would sneak up on me hell I wish they'd ask me out XD

litacan wrote:
^^^^I wish i was you too i am very frightened around men :orly: all of my friends are married/seeing someone and when they ask if i have a bf i answer them with a big fat no. :innocent:

lol least your not friendzoning the good guys and going out with Muscle bound morons who treats you like crap then complaining there's no good guys out there XD

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:27 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
I get scared easily and I am mostly an introvert when I go to new places. I have had females try to open up with me but I get startled and I get stage fright

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:28 pm 
Stella
Stella
I get scared easily and I am mostly an introvert when I go to new places. I have had females try to open up with me but I get startled and I get stage fright

that was me In grade 7 I swear the girls had a bet going on to see who could get me first XD as they knew Id never dated a girl before and I was always quiet and shy XD

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:37 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Ryo Urawa wrote:

that was me In grade 7 I swear the girls had a bet going on to see who could get me first XD as they knew Id never dated a girl before and I was always quiet and shy XD

It gets worse. One time in elementary school I was sitting by myself at a table during a field trip. The table in front of me had females and they saw I eating by myself. They got up and sat next to me...

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:42 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
I was pretty popular back at junior high too.But i was feeling young to think anything else than friendship lol :innocent:

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:48 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
litacan wrote:
I was pretty popular back at junior high too.But i was feeling young to think anything else than friendship lol :innocent:

What about in college? I got picked on in college and had a female flirt with me and dress really nice but I was shy around her

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next