Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Friday the 13th game, finally someone did this concept!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:07 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Dark Lord
About time we can have a game where you can play as a sadistic villain and have defenseless enemies!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-fr ... n=homepage

Post subject: Re: Friday the 13th game, finally someone did this concept!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:51 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Lord Mala wrote:
About time we can have a game where you can play as a sadistic villain and have defenseless enemies!

Destroy all Humans had that same concept back in the 2000's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destroy_A ... video_game) (The link goes to a correction page for some reason, just click the link that appears after "Did you Mean:")

Also the first two Grand Theft Auto Games on PS1 had no story other than a sadistic criminal working for gangs and just killing random civilians in many ways, as seen in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3NOxHFcNaM

And there's also Saint Rows 2, in which you're a sadistic crime lord killing other crime lords in order to completely own the city.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_Row_2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:14 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
Thom Matthews (Tommy Jarvis, "Jason Lives") returned to give voice to his character.

I love the F13th movies.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:21 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Clow wrote:

I love the F13th movies.

So do I but I'm not fussed about this game, because its multiplayer.

I want to play Jason immediately, not wait my turn and probably only play him for a few minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:26 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I am not into video games, so I probably won't play this.

I would much prefer a new Friday the 13th movie than a game. Paramount was going to release a new movie this year or the next one, but the executives changed their minds and production got canceled. I was able to read parts of the script. The movie was going to show Jason's childhood before he drowned and his relationship with his abusive father, Elias Voorhees.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:29 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
SailorWelshy wrote:
Lord Mala wrote:

Destroy all Humans had that same concept back in the 2000's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destroy_A ... video_game) (The link goes to a correction page for some reason, just click the link that appears after "Did you Mean:")

Also the first two Grand Theft Auto Games on PS1 had no story other than a sadistic criminal working for gangs and just killing random civilians in many ways, as seen in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3NOxHFcNaM

And there's also Saint Rows 2, in which you're a sadistic crime lord killing other crime lords in order to completely own the city.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_Row_2

Yeah, it's not common, but games where the goal is to murder defenseless people do exist. I like CalmTime, an indie game where the goal is to stab all your party guests to death. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:30 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Clow wrote:

I would much prefer a new Friday the 13th movie than a game. Paramount was going to release a new movie this year or the next one, but the executives changed their minds and production got canceled. I was able to read parts of the script. The movie was going to show Jason's childhood before he drowned and his relationship with his abusive father, Elias Voorhees.

Interesting, I wonder where that movie would tie in? A sequel to the reboot movie, or part of the classic series of films?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:35 am 
Planeta
Planeta
SailorWelshy wrote:
Clow wrote:

Interesting, I wonder where that movie would tie in? A sequel to the reboot movie, or part of the classic series of films?

Paramount intended it to be a prequel-sequel meant to be viewed as part of the classic series. The first 60 minutes of the movie or so would take place in the 1950s (before the events of the first movie) and the remaining of the film would show Jason in the present with his famous hockey mask terrorizing defenseless teenagers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:37 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Clow wrote:
SailorWelshy wrote:

Paramount intended it to be a prequel-sequel meant to be viewed as part of the classic series. The first 60 minutes of the movie or so would take place in the 1950s (before the events of the first movie) and the remaining of the film would show Jason in the present with his famous hockey mask terrorizing defenseless teenagers.

That sounds awesome. Wish they made it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:42 am 
Planeta
Planeta
SailorWelshy wrote:
Clow wrote:
SailorWelshy wrote:

That sounds awesome. Wish they made it.

Actually, the script leaked online, and although the premise seemed good, most fans hated it because the origins story seemed too convoluted. You can read more about the script here: https://ihorror.com/leaked-friday-the-1 ... ns-gotten/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:52 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Clow wrote:
Actually, the script leaked online, and although the premise seemed good, most fans hated it because the origins story seemed too convoluted. You can read more about the script here: https://ihorror.com/leaked-friday-the-1 ... ns-gotten/

I would have liked it if was just in the beginning, and I'll admit I don't like that his father was a killer. So maybe a little work here and there, (which it probably would have if it entered production,) it might have worked.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:00 am 
Planeta
Planeta
SailorWelshy wrote:
Clow wrote:

I would have liked it if was just in the beginning, and I'll admit I don't like that his father was a killer. So maybe a little work here and there, (which it probably would have if it entered production,) it might have worked.

Now the rights of the franchise will revert to New Line Cinema or to Victor Miller, the writer of the original movie, and we don't know when we are going to get a movie. On a brighter note, "Leatherface" (prequel to the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" from 1974) may be released this year and John Carpenter just became involved in the production of a new Halloween movie (hopefully, he'll direct it).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:10 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Clow wrote:
SailorWelshy wrote:
Clow wrote:

Now the rights of the franchise will revert to New Line Cinema or to Victor Miller, the writer of the original movie, and we don't know when we are going to get a movie. On a brighter note, "Leatherface" (prequel to the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" from 1974) may be released this year and John Carpenter just became involved in the production of a new Halloween movie (hopefully, he'll direct it).

Oh great.... Another Texas Chainsaw Massacre prequel.., :|

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:58 am 
Planeta
Planeta
SailorWelshy wrote:

Oh great.... Another Texas Chainsaw Massacre prequel.., :|

There has been only *one* TCM prequel (TCM: the beginning) & that prequel is not a prequel to the original 1974 movie.