Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:15 pm

All times are UTC

If they existed, what do you think they would do to you?
Not likely to hurt you 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Less likely to hurt you 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Somewhat likely to hurt you 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
Kill you on sight they see you 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: If demons really do exist, how would you feel?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:49 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Dark Lord
And yes that is right, if they existed, what would you think they are likely to do? Do you think as seen in stories such as religion(this is NOT a religion thread) or movies, games, tv or whatever that they are very likely to hurt you or do you think they would be just like every other living thing and mind their own business and only harm when threatened? Also if they existed, would you be scared if you saw one or not scared?

Post subject: Re: If demons really do exist, how would you feel?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:41 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Is this for a fanfic?

See more sprites at

http://sailorstarsbeyond.com/viewforum. ... b441274b94

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:49 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
In Brazil, there is this neopentecostal church that claims that demons exist and possess people. Usually, the priest will say something to make the demons angry. The people surrounding the priest are allegedly possessed and they start throwing up and cursing and even their voices change. :ohdear: :sick: The priest then proceeds to exorcise everyone. :eeklez: Whether the people are truly possessed, I am not able to tell. What I can say is that the videos I saw on Youtube are truly frightening and that if the people are faking to be possessed, they do a much better job than Hollywood actors do. :ohdear: :ohmy: I have heard these churches exist in the south of the United States, as well, and have a huge following.

Last edited by Clow on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:50 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Minako's former love
Meh. Demons aren't all that frightening as they come. Some are pranksters and want to mess with humans. The serious ones are the ones that want to drag you down and are pure evil.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:06 am 
My name does not mean what you think it means
My name does not mean what you think it means
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Lord Mala wrote:
And yes that is right, if they existed, what would you think they are likely to do?

Maybe I'm thinking too philosophically about this, but how would anyone be able to know? No one's ever definitively seen a demon, and many people don't believe they exist. It's kinda like asking what sort of animal behaviors a Sasquatch would have.

If this is for fiction research, just go with what feels right for you, man. Wikipedia is also a good place to start out for info on demons from different folklore from around the world. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon Ars Goetia is also a good source for a variety of different demons. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_d ... Ars_Goetia Some are benevolent and others are malicious.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:51 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
They do exist. There is a demon inside any of us and it's up to us if we are gonna let them out.

(favorite quote from Kiseijuu)
Attachment:
tumblr_npzx6loZzh1rj5ebpo1_500.png
tumblr_npzx6loZzh1rj5ebpo1_500.png [ 213.99 KiB | Viewed 1219 times ]

If we're talking about demons like from movies then I dont believe they even exist. It has been so many years since humans are on this planet and no one has ever seen one :P In my opinion it all came from somebody's very big imagination.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:10 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Given the question is about demons... Well, they have a strange morality and may cause some mayhem when they do us something that for them it's hilarious and friendly, but with a bit of luck and politeness you get out of trouble. Devils, on the other hand...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:57 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Well, if they exist, does that include Dante? Please say yes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:47 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
If its Yugi demons. A big YES. :ohmy:

If its the traditional demon. Nope. :ohdear:

Not for the faint of heart.

Spoiler: show

See more sprites at

http://sailorstarsbeyond.com/viewforum. ... b441274b94

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:35 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Princess Venus wrote:

As in Dante from Devil May Cry I assume, yes it includes him too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:45 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Is Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend a demon?

ロコ雪姫七匹のハムスター

スーパーファミコンが4000円安くなるクーポン券つき

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:39 am 
Stella
Stella
I believe in demons but again it depends on the demons. Some are good some are evil. If I am ever accosted by one I will pray to a benevolent God for aid.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:16 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
As a christian I believe demons exist . They are just plain evil . You don't associate with them .Their more like evil spirits that make bad things happen .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:06 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Lord Mala wrote:
Princess Venus wrote:

As in Dante from Devil May Cry I assume, yes it includes him too.

Good, then we should be safe.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:11 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:
As a christian I believe demons exist . They are just plain evil . You don't associate with them .Their more like evil spirits that make bad things happen .

Japanese believe in demons. Oni are the typical kind. And there are other types depending on which types. Some are known to cause mischief but are not straight pure evil. The descriptions vary from material to material...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:40 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Ancient spirit
How would feel about daemons?
If I can reason with them - I would. The could be quite interesting to talk with.
But if they are in just for the carnage - then the daemon season is opened - I'm out, hunting!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:16 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:

As a Christian who knows the difference, I have to point out that "demons" and "devils" are completely different things.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:47 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
lord Martiya wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:

As a Christian who knows the difference, I have to point out that "demons" and "devils" are completely different things.

Devils ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:57 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Lum <3
I don't want to get into religion or anything but as a Catholic I believe demons exist and I know better not to mess with that stuff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:28 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:
Devils ?

Satan and his crew.
Prince Rose wrote:
I don't want to get into religion or anything but as a Catholic I believe demons exist and I know better not to mess with that stuff

Again, "demons" are not the same thing as "devils". Devils are Satan and his crew, demons are spirits of nature that may be good or bad. The old representations of fairies (the ones that could help or destroy you depending on the mood, and could destroy you even as they help because they're just that different), and the Islamic "jinn", are some examples of demons.
But somehow, Christian generic knowledge of the distinction got lost at some point...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:53 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
lord Martiya wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:
Devils ?

Satan and his crew.
Prince Rose wrote:

Again, "demons" are not the same thing as "devils". Devils are Satan and his crew, demons are spirits of nature that may be good or bad. The old representations of fairies (the ones that could help or destroy you depending on the mood, and could destroy you even as they help because they're just that different), and the Islamic "jinn", are some examples of demons.
But somehow, Christian generic knowledge of the distinction got lost at some point...

Um no Demons in Christianity, Catholicism, and judaism are fallen angels . The Devil is the labal for Lucifer , and satan. Demons might have different meaning in other culutures .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:54 am 
Stella
Stella
Well considering that I am a Pagan I believe that there are good and bad demons. I also believe there are good and bad Gods however the Gods are more powerful then the demons. I tend to see demons, angels, daemons, djinn etc as basically being minor deities however they are not the Ground of all Being as the Gods are.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:31 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Lum <3
^^^^Regardless of what they are called I'm not messing with them

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:35 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Prince Rose wrote:

Oh, but you are. Someone you have been talking to has been linked with the underworld :evil: :evil: :evillaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:39 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
imaginationgirl wrote:
lord Martiya wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:
Devils ?

Satan and his crew.
Prince Rose wrote:

Um no Demons in Christianity, Catholicism, and judaism are fallen angels . The Devil is the labal for Lucifer , and satan. Demons might have different meaning in other culutures .

So the difference between the devil & a demon is just on the former being the big/senior fallen angel while the latter a small/junior one. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:24 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:

You are kinda proving my point. Devils are fallen angels, demons is the ancient name, of Greek origin, for what was later called the Fair Folk. Both Christianity and Judaism knew it, before the knowledge was somehow lost.
Also, Catholicism is the MAIN Christian confession. Why is there people that have convinced themselves otherwise? And most imporantly, HOW?
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
So the difference between the devil & a demon is just on the former being the big/senior fallen angel while the latter a small/junior one. lol

No. Fallen angels are all devils, demons are something else differently.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:49 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
lord Martiya wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

No. Fallen angels are all devils, demons are something else differently.

My above-quoted comment is just following or basing on what imaginationgirl said before it, & I actually have no opinion on the matter. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:33 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Prince Rose wrote:

Yah me too , I don't really care . I saw enough of people playing with ouji boards to know don't mess with them or that stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:47 pm 
Luna
Luna
There are demons in Yu-Gi-Oh!. but they're localized as Fiends, and Angels in the Yu-Gi-Oh! series are localized as Fairies.

ロコ雪姫七匹のハムスター

スーパーファミコンが4000円安くなるクーポン券つき

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:45 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
imaginationgirl wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:

Yah me too , I don't really care . I saw enough of people playing with ouji boards to know don't mess with them or that stuff.

I play with those things all the time. As an evil lord myself, I have to communicate with them.