* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Clow's shop
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:10 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
No, I am not Watanuki... I do not sell wishes.

I had very little to do last year’s Spring. As a hobby, I investigated the types of flowers that can be seen during the Spring here in the State of Washington (United States). Also, as a hobby, I spent countless hours sketching different flowers on my notebook and trying to come up with something unique... until I came up with a concept that I liked.

Because I love the work of Piet Mondrian, I decided to sketch a flower with petals that resembled squares. Upon creating the concept, I exported my work to Photoshop and spent countless hours enhancing it: "Okay, do I want to make the petals black? Should I add even more geometry to this piece, such as lines and squares, and if yes, what is the right way to do it?"

I have not named my flower… rather than giving it a name, I let the flower express itself through the context of my art. Sometimes the flower is a camellia… other times it reveals itself as an artemisia, the flower that gives absinthe its name. I love Surrealism and Symbolism. Some of my designs attempt to reflect the poetry of Arthur Rimbaud.

Last year I was kind of down because I felt that I had created many unique pieces based on my original artwork… but these pieces just existed for themselves.

This year I partnered with a company based in California. Thanks to this company, I was able to become a surface designer and see my art printed on shirts, handbags, and many other accessories. This company empowered me, as a designer, by giving me access to manufacturing. This company also empowers its manufacturers by teaching them how to read, write, and do basic math.

My pieces are printed on fabrics like modal, cashmere, merino wool, silk... and also genuine leather. As a designer, I do not want to compromise the quality of my work. I love the fact that I am working with the best and finest materials.

U$40 for a handbag, such as the ones pictured below, might be seen as… a bit expensive… and not everyone can afford it. That being said, I want people to be aware that when they buy something from my studio, they are buying more than an object: they are buying hundreds of hours of errors and experimentation, hundreds of hours of frustration… as well as unique moments of pure bliss and joy. I put a lot of effort into what I create.

I also want people to be aware of what they buy. Have you given any thought lately to who made your clothes? Can you assure that the people who manufactured the clothes you are wearing right now were treated with dignity and respect? Retailers sell clothes at very low prices, but the price you are paying has a very high cost. The environment and the people making the clothes pay that cost. If you care about workers' rights and safety considerations, you probably know about the tragedies that take place in factories, such as that of Bangladesh, in 2013, when a factory collapsed and left over 100 people dead. Furthermore, if you are not aware, the clothing industry is considered the 2nd largest polluter in the world.

So… please… if you like my creations, consider sending me a PM. I will tell you how to purchase things from my studio. And even if you do not wish to buy anything, please take accountability for what you wear. Donate your used clothes. Have your clothes become too large or too small? Take them to a seamstress or a tailor and ask them to make adjustments. Buy local.

Each handbag below costs $40 USD. Crafted from genuine leather and printed canvas. I might be able to offer you a small or big discount or gift card depending on the day and time of the year.

More arrivals coming soon. :)

Attachments:
20170515_024036955_iOS.jpg
20170515_024036955_iOS.jpg [ 44.95 KiB | Viewed 755 times ]
20170515_023708795_iOS.jpg
20170515_023708795_iOS.jpg [ 46.04 KiB | Viewed 755 times ]
20170515_023642842_iOS.jpg
20170515_023642842_iOS.jpg [ 49.53 KiB | Viewed 756 times ]

Post subject: Re: Clow's shop
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:12 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
More handbags. Crafted from genuine leather and printed canvas. Made in Turkey.

$40 each.

Depending on the day and time of the year, I might be able to offer you a big or small discount or a gift card, so stay tuned. ^_^'

Attachments:
20170515_023742074_iOS.jpg
20170515_023742074_iOS.jpg [ 48.4 KiB | Viewed 700 times ]
20170515_023821860_iOS.jpg
20170515_023821860_iOS.jpg [ 46.17 KiB | Viewed 700 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:53 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Paris chic look for her.

Polyester blended with silk top. $75.

Exclusive design.

Depending on the day and time of the year, I might be able to offer you a small or big discount, or even a gift card. :keke:

Attachments:
IMG_5676.JPG
IMG_5676.JPG [ 47.68 KiB | Viewed 658 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:17 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
While I am sadly not the target demographic for these products, I am impressed by their quality. I had no idea you did this! I hope they're a success!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:24 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Salem Saberhagen wrote:
While I am sadly not the target demographic for these products, I am impressed by their quality. I had no idea you did this! I hope they're a success!

Thank you, kind Sir.

FYI, I have pocket squares for men... ^_^

The pocket squares are available in cotton ($25) and silk ($45). That being said, I believe I can give a $15 gift card for those interested in buying them.

This particular pocket square I designed is actually influenced and inspired by Usagi and Mamoru (Act 4: "Masquerade").

I want men to feel as elegant as Chiba.

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 9.19.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 9.19.17 PM.png [ 240.6 KiB | Viewed 591 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:48 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I had to google what a pocket square is, lol.

I almost never wear formal wear, but if you had a link to the store you're working with I could share it on some of my social media if you like.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:56 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Salem Saberhagen wrote:
I had to google what a pocket square is, lol.

I almost never wear formal wear, but if you had a link to the store you're working with I could share it on some of my social media if you like.

PM'ed you :cool:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:04 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
Well, Clow, you managed to impress me with your collection of high-quality items. Your work with the finest materials has certainly paid off.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:10 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
Well, Clow, you managed to impress me with your collection of high-quality items. Your work with the finest materials has certainly paid off.

Thank you so much. Very grateful for your kind comment.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:14 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
You're welcome, Clow.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:26 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Hey there! Are you feeling tired, sad, or like needing a good beauty sleep? Try laying your head on these two uniquely designed pillows. 100% cotton. The softest of cottons! Designed by me in Seattle, WA, United States. Carefully handmade in Turkey. My design with geometric camellias will bring a Parisian chic feeling to your living room, bedroom, or to the space that you chose for you. You can order yours directly from my studio (by sending me a PM) or buy it from eBay.

Dimensions: Square = 20'' x 20'' // Oblong = 20 '' x 12''.

I am asking $100 for both + shipping.

Attachments:
File comment: Uniquely designed in Seattle, WA, United States
pillowsebay1.jpg
pillowsebay1.jpg [ 31.47 KiB | Viewed 437 times ]
File comment: Handmade in Turkey. 100% cotton.
pillowsebay2.jpg
pillowsebay2.jpg [ 26.96 KiB | Viewed 439 times ]
File comment: Try laying your head on these.
pillowsebay3.jpg
pillowsebay3.jpg [ 51.05 KiB | Viewed 437 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:14 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
What do you guys think of my new creations as a designer? Would Naoko approve or buy them? ^_^

Attachments:
Anderson-Sandes_Mondrians-B_1024x1024.jpg
Anderson-Sandes_Mondrians-B_1024x1024.jpg [ 24.51 KiB | Viewed 140 times ]
Anderson-Sandes_Gladiatrix_1024x1024.jpg
Anderson-Sandes_Gladiatrix_1024x1024.jpg [ 55.36 KiB | Viewed 139 times ]
Anderson-Sandes_Artemisia-A_1024x1024.jpg
Anderson-Sandes_Artemisia-A_1024x1024.jpg [ 60.35 KiB | Viewed 139 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:15 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
I really like that last one. I'd put one of my characters in it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:02 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Thanks, Mr. Saberhagen :keke: =^_^=