Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:35 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:21 pm 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Dec 20, 2011
Posts: 950
Location: New York
Gender: Male
What caused my anxiety attack was definitely something very specific, but it goes back to old thought patterns that are more generic ("everything needs to be my fault").

Today I'm going figure skating with my coach, and then I'm gonna watch anime with some friends. :) So I'm looking forward to an easy, relaxing day.

I'm also starting to get ideas for a Sailor Moon fanfic.

_________________
Check out my Sera Myu (Sailor Moon musical) review thread! Soon to be updated. :)

#BlueLivesMatter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:13 am 
Planeta
Planeta
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 29, 2012
Posts: 3126
Gender: male
Other: CLAMP PR
John wrote:
I would love to answer you Chris, and I was going to once I thought about it some more, but I'm currently recovering from a particularly debilitating anxiety attack...this one was pretty bad. I barely ate anything over the weekend. I don't wanna get into the details of the anxiety itself as I'm mostly over it, but jeez. I was really out of commission. :(

Ultimately I find it difficult to truly relax even when I'm doing something I enjoy.


May I ask you what causes you anxiety? You can reply to me via PM if you wish to do so. I have been working a lot this summer, but I may be able to offer advice on how to deal with anxiety and stress.

_________________
Can-do!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:36 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 01, 2015
Posts: 1747
Location: Moon Castle, Sea of Serenity, Moon
Gender: Female
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
@Clow: That is a great idea.

_________________
Image
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true, believe in yourself, the rest is up me and you"
July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:35 pm 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Dec 20, 2011
Posts: 950
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Clow wrote:
John wrote:
I would love to answer you Chris, and I was going to once I thought about it some more, but I'm currently recovering from a particularly debilitating anxiety attack...this one was pretty bad. I barely ate anything over the weekend. I don't wanna get into the details of the anxiety itself as I'm mostly over it, but jeez. I was really out of commission. :(

Ultimately I find it difficult to truly relax even when I'm doing something I enjoy.


May I ask you what causes you anxiety? You can reply to me via PM if you wish to do so. I have been working a lot this summer, but I may be able to offer advice on how to deal with anxiety and stress.


I really appreciate this, Clow. :) But I don't think I'm ready for that yet.

I would like to update you all with what's going on with me, but I'd like to be more certain of things first. Sorry for being so weird. ^_^

_________________
Check out my Sera Myu (Sailor Moon musical) review thread! Soon to be updated. :)

#BlueLivesMatter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:53 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 01, 2015
Posts: 1747
Location: Moon Castle, Sea of Serenity, Moon
Gender: Female
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
No problem, John. We're always more than to help you out.

_________________
Image
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true, believe in yourself, the rest is up me and you"
July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:08 pm 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Apr 20, 2017
Posts: 717
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Other: Married to Litacan
Yeah, take your time mate. We're all a bunch of good people, we'll understand.

_________________
Sailor Moon X, a fanfiction by Chris Sifniotis. Avatar and image by Sailor DooM.
Image"True courage does not come from fearlessness. Meeting your deepest fears and overcoming them, that's genuine courage."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:38 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 01, 2015
Posts: 1747
Location: Moon Castle, Sea of Serenity, Moon
Gender: Female
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
chrissifniotis wrote:
Yeah, take your time mate. We're all a bunch of good people, we'll understand.


Agreed, chrissifniotis!

_________________
Image
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true, believe in yourself, the rest is up me and you"
July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:23 pm 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Dec 20, 2011
Posts: 950
Location: New York
Gender: Male
So, apparently...

Even though I've sort of squashed my old behavior of getting into long-winded, angry rants at users, old habits tend to die hard.

I've been accused of acting like a mod around here, and for that, I apologize. I guess I've come across as a stickler for the rules lately, and in so doing, I ended up breaking them myself. If anyone feels that I've been characterized like this lately, then I apologize.

I just think that this forum could be so much better sometimes if we just had a few more rules to work with. Mostly common sense stuff. And I guess that desire to improve the forums comes across as acting like a mod. So I'm sorry if it comes across like I have a superiority complex.

_________________
Check out my Sera Myu (Sailor Moon musical) review thread! Soon to be updated. :)

#BlueLivesMatter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:40 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
User avatar
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Nov 12, 2016
Posts: 7184
Location: City of the Angels
Gender: Male
Other: Love Neith <3
You have some points. I kind of annoying to reopen past threads unless you have a good reason to, but some people don't get the message. I also find it somewhat of an annoyance when it comes to people posting YouTube videos and making random threads about them.

However I do recommend not crossing into personal territory. I kind of found it somewhat disturbing, and I have done this many times. I am cutting back on contacting or singling people out because it drags me down to the point where I lose my energy and causes other problems.

_________________
Image

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:42 pm 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Dec 20, 2011
Posts: 950
Location: New York
Gender: Male
TheWinterSoldier91 wrote:
You have some points. I kind of annoying to reopen past threads unless you have a good reason to, but some people don't get the message. I also find it somewhat of an annoyance when it comes to people posting YouTube videos and making random threads about them.

However I do recommend not crossing into personal territory. I kind of found it somewhat disturbing, and I have done this many times.


Are you referring to the private message I sent you recently when it comes to crossing into personal territory? I never got to see your reply because you deleted it before I could read it. I'm sorry if you felt disturbed, I just wanted to know what was going on and I figured a PM would be the best way of finding the answer. I was actually worried about you.

_________________
Check out my Sera Myu (Sailor Moon musical) review thread! Soon to be updated. :)

#BlueLivesMatter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:49 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
User avatar
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Nov 12, 2016
Posts: 7184
Location: City of the Angels
Gender: Male
Other: Love Neith <3
John wrote:
TheWinterSoldier91 wrote:
You have some points. I kind of annoying to reopen past threads unless you have a good reason to, but some people don't get the message. I also find it somewhat of an annoyance when it comes to people posting YouTube videos and making random threads about them.

However I do recommend not crossing into personal territory. I kind of found it somewhat disturbing, and I have done this many times.


Are you referring to the private message I sent you recently when it comes to crossing into personal territory? I never got to see your reply because you deleted it before I could read it. I'm sorry if you felt disturbed, I just wanted to know what was going on and I figured a PM would be the best way of finding the answer. I was actually worried about you.


It wasn't about the PM per se. It was about the Suggestions Thread because I find it more work to send everyone PMs about private topics that aren't necessary to keep to a certain group of people because it is better if people can open up on the topics, but at the same time these topics shouldn't be for everyone to see (meaning the public.)

I'm not very open to what has happened on this forum or anything in my personal life. If you really want to know about what happened I can send a PM but I'm not willing to open up those wounds..

_________________
Image

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:56 pm 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Dec 20, 2011
Posts: 950
Location: New York
Gender: Male
TheWinterSoldier91 wrote:
It wasn't about the PM per se. It was about the Suggestions Thread because I find it more work to send everyone PMs about private topics that aren't necessary to keep to a certain group of people because it is better if people can open up on the topics, but at the same time these topics shouldn't be for everyone to see (meaning the public.)

I'm not very open to what has happened on this forum or anything in my personal life. If you really want to know about what happened I can send a PM but I'm not willing to open up those wounds..


It's okay, you don't have to send a PM and talk about it if you don't want to -- it just seems that you keep alluding to it on these forums all the time.

And....wait, now I'm confused. You were "disturbed" because I responded to your suggestion? That wasn't at all what I was talking about when I said I was acting like a mod -- it had to do with something that happened in another thread. I was just reading that forum, saw your suggestion, and figured anyone could jump in.

And sure, it's "more work" to send a PM to a group of people, but you only have to enter their names once. A group PM is basically exactly what you're looking for: a private thread.

At any rate, I hope things go well for you. I definitely don't want to clutter my thread with this, but all the same, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

_________________
Check out my Sera Myu (Sailor Moon musical) review thread! Soon to be updated. :)

#BlueLivesMatter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:46 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 01, 2015
Posts: 1747
Location: Moon Castle, Sea of Serenity, Moon
Gender: Female
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
John wrote:
So, apparently...

Even though I've sort of squashed my old behavior of getting into long-winded, angry rants at users, old habits tend to die hard.

I've been accused of acting like a mod around here, and for that, I apologize. I guess I've come across as a stickler for the rules lately, and in so doing, I ended up breaking them myself. If anyone feels that I've been characterized like this lately, then I apologize.

I just think that this forum could be so much better sometimes if we just had a few more rules to work with. Mostly common sense stuff. And I guess that desire to improve the forums comes across as acting like a mod. So I'm sorry if it comes across like I have a superiority complex.


I recently made a post about which I mentioned one of the two forbidden topics when I asked one of the users here not to talk about it. Yes, THAT one. I absolutely dislike bringing it up and I broke one of the forum's rules. So, I know how you feel.

_________________
Image
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true, believe in yourself, the rest is up me and you"
July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:


Last edited by Usagi-Fifth-Doctor on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:15 am 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Apr 20, 2017
Posts: 717
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Other: Married to Litacan
John wrote:
So, apparently...

Even though I've sort of squashed my old behavior of getting into long-winded, angry rants at users, old habits tend to die hard.

I've been accused of acting like a mod around here, and for that, I apologize. I guess I've come across as a stickler for the rules lately, and in so doing, I ended up breaking them myself. If anyone feels that I've been characterized like this lately, then I apologize.

I just think that this forum could be so much better sometimes if we just had a few more rules to work with. Mostly common sense stuff. And I guess that desire to improve the forums comes across as acting like a mod. So I'm sorry if it comes across like I have a superiority complex.

I wouldn't worry a great deal about it. We're all human and we're all bound to do regrettable things sooner or later, I certainly have on the internet. The key really is to identify these behaviors, look at what triggers it and identify the pattern - judging from this it seems you have already, once you have you can more easily identify when you're about to post a rant and employ a method to distract yourself, just to get your mind off it. The only thing you can do after posting a rant is learn from the behavior and work on improving yourself. :keke:

_________________
Sailor Moon X, a fanfiction by Chris Sifniotis. Avatar and image by Sailor DooM.
Image"True courage does not come from fearlessness. Meeting your deepest fears and overcoming them, that's genuine courage."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:07 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 13, 2008
Posts: 25366
Location: In the Shadows throwing roses at the bad guys
Gender: Male
Other: Mysterious2098Face
chrissifniotis got the right idea don't worry about it, everyone's been there at one point or another even myself in the past

_________________
Image
Mysterious 2098 Face and Chill 


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:02 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
User avatar
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Nov 12, 2016
Posts: 7184
Location: City of the Angels
Gender: Male
Other: Love Neith <3
Will you be willing to take part in a project that helps third world countries?

_________________
Image

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:09 pm 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Dec 20, 2011
Posts: 950
Location: New York
Gender: Male
TheWinterSoldier91 wrote:
Will you be willing to take part in a project that helps third world countries?


Uhhh.....?

_________________
Check out my Sera Myu (Sailor Moon musical) review thread! Soon to be updated. :)

#BlueLivesMatter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:11 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 01, 2015
Posts: 1747
Location: Moon Castle, Sea of Serenity, Moon
Gender: Female
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
TheWinterSoldier91 wrote:
Will you be willing to take part in a project that helps third world countries?


What is this project, TWS91?

_________________
Image
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true, believe in yourself, the rest is up me and you"
July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:18 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
User avatar
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Nov 12, 2016
Posts: 7184
Location: City of the Angels
Gender: Male
Other: Love Neith <3
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
TheWinterSoldier91 wrote:
Will you be willing to take part in a project that helps third world countries?


What is this project, TWS91?


I posted it in the General Off-Topic section. It's an old project that I did back in 08-09. It's very interesting, so if you want to know more, you should read it over there...

_________________
Image

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:43 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 01, 2015
Posts: 1747
Location: Moon Castle, Sea of Serenity, Moon
Gender: Female
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
^I saw your thread and read the whole thing.

_________________
Image
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true, believe in yourself, the rest is up me and you"
July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:46 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
User avatar
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Nov 12, 2016
Posts: 7184
Location: City of the Angels
Gender: Male
Other: Love Neith <3
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
^I saw your thread and read the whole thing.


We should probably discuss it there so we don't clutter up this thread....

_________________
Image

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:48 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 01, 2015
Posts: 1747
Location: Moon Castle, Sea of Serenity, Moon
Gender: Female
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
^Or through PM.

_________________
Image
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true, believe in yourself, the rest is up me and you"
July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:43 pm 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Dec 20, 2011
Posts: 950
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Yeah, I really appreciate that. :) It seems like an interesting project though, and for a good cause, so no worries.

_________________
Check out my Sera Myu (Sailor Moon musical) review thread! Soon to be updated. :)

#BlueLivesMatter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:09 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 01, 2015
Posts: 1747
Location: Moon Castle, Sea of Serenity, Moon
Gender: Female
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
I agree, John.

_________________
Image
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true, believe in yourself, the rest is up me and you"
July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:41 am 
Planeta
Planeta
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 29, 2012
Posts: 3126
Gender: male
Other: CLAMP PR
I am struggling with anxiety at work now -too. Oh, cannot stand co-workers.

_________________
Can-do!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:06 pm 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Dec 20, 2011
Posts: 950
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Clow wrote:
I am struggling with anxiety at work now -too. Oh, cannot stand co-workers.


Oh no Clow. :(

I'm sure you won't be reading this until much later, but try to center your mind on your surroundings. What do you feel, hear, see, smell, etc. around you? Name things one by one. Experience it. I find that this sometimes helps with anxiety -- but not always.

_________________
Check out my Sera Myu (Sailor Moon musical) review thread! Soon to be updated. :)

#BlueLivesMatter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:09 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 29, 2012
Posts: 3126
Gender: male
Other: CLAMP PR
John wrote:
Clow wrote:
I am struggling with anxiety at work now -too. Oh, cannot stand co-workers.


Oh no Clow. :(

I'm sure you won't be reading this until much later, but try to center your mind on your surroundings. What do you feel, hear, see, smell, etc. around you? Name things one by one. Experience it. I find that this sometimes helps with anxiety -- but not always.


I sense bad energy. I am highly intuitive and a feller. I just hope I can survive. This is a contract job. 3 more weeks.

_________________
Can-do!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:15 pm 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Dec 20, 2011
Posts: 950
Location: New York
Gender: Male
I'm right there with you when it comes to feeling certain vibes. Sometimes I walk into a room and I'm like, holy crap something really shitty happened here. Or people's thoughts/attitudes really come across in their facial expressions, or their body language, and it creates a weird and oppressive atmosphere. It's palpable.

Sending good thoughts your way. Try to counteract some of that negativity with your own positive thoughts/actions/words.

_________________
Check out my Sera Myu (Sailor Moon musical) review thread! Soon to be updated. :)

#BlueLivesMatter


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Moonies browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB

contact forum administrator