Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: What's going ohn with John! :)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:21 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
What caused my anxiety attack was definitely something very specific, but it goes back to old thought patterns that are more generic ("everything needs to be my fault").

Today I'm going figure skating with my coach, and then I'm gonna watch anime with some friends. :) So I'm looking forward to an easy, relaxing day.

I'm also starting to get ideas for a Sailor Moon fanfic.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:13 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
John wrote:
I would love to answer you Chris, and I was going to once I thought about it some more, but I'm currently recovering from a particularly debilitating anxiety attack...this one was pretty bad. I barely ate anything over the weekend. I don't wanna get into the details of the anxiety itself as I'm mostly over it, but jeez. I was really out of commission. :(

Ultimately I find it difficult to truly relax even when I'm doing something I enjoy.

May I ask you what causes you anxiety? You can reply to me via PM if you wish to do so. I have been working a lot this summer, but I may be able to offer advice on how to deal with anxiety and stress.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:36 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
@Clow: That is a great idea.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:35 pm 
Luna
Luna
Clow wrote:
John wrote:
I would love to answer you Chris, and I was going to once I thought about it some more, but I'm currently recovering from a particularly debilitating anxiety attack...this one was pretty bad. I barely ate anything over the weekend. I don't wanna get into the details of the anxiety itself as I'm mostly over it, but jeez. I was really out of commission. :(

Ultimately I find it difficult to truly relax even when I'm doing something I enjoy.

May I ask you what causes you anxiety? You can reply to me via PM if you wish to do so. I have been working a lot this summer, but I may be able to offer advice on how to deal with anxiety and stress.

I really appreciate this, Clow. :) But I don't think I'm ready for that yet.

I would like to update you all with what's going on with me, but I'd like to be more certain of things first. Sorry for being so weird. ^_^

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:53 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
No problem, John. We're always more than to help you out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:08 pm 
Luna
Luna
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
Yeah, take your time mate. We're all a bunch of good people, we'll understand.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:38 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
chrissifniotis wrote:
Yeah, take your time mate. We're all a bunch of good people, we'll understand.

Agreed, chrissifniotis!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:23 pm 
Luna
Luna
So, apparently...

Even though I've sort of squashed my old behavior of getting into long-winded, angry rants at users, old habits tend to die hard.

I've been accused of acting like a mod around here, and for that, I apologize. I guess I've come across as a stickler for the rules lately, and in so doing, I ended up breaking them myself. If anyone feels that I've been characterized like this lately, then I apologize.

I just think that this forum could be so much better sometimes if we just had a few more rules to work with. Mostly common sense stuff. And I guess that desire to improve the forums comes across as acting like a mod. So I'm sorry if it comes across like I have a superiority complex.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:40 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: In a relationship
You have some points. I kind of annoying to reopen past threads unless you have a good reason to, but some people don't get the message. I also find it somewhat of an annoyance when it comes to people posting YouTube videos and making random threads about them.

However I do recommend not crossing into personal territory. I kind of found it somewhat disturbing, and I have done this many times. I am cutting back on contacting or singling people out because it drags me down to the point where I lose my energy and causes other problems.

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:42 pm 
Luna
Luna
TheWinterSoldier91 wrote:
You have some points. I kind of annoying to reopen past threads unless you have a good reason to, but some people don't get the message. I also find it somewhat of an annoyance when it comes to people posting YouTube videos and making random threads about them.

However I do recommend not crossing into personal territory. I kind of found it somewhat disturbing, and I have done this many times.

Are you referring to the private message I sent you recently when it comes to crossing into personal territory? I never got to see your reply because you deleted it before I could read it. I'm sorry if you felt disturbed, I just wanted to know what was going on and I figured a PM would be the best way of finding the answer. I was actually worried about you.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:49 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
John wrote:

However I do recommend not crossing into personal territory. I kind of found it somewhat disturbing, and I have done this many times.

Are you referring to the private message I sent you recently when it comes to crossing into personal territory? I never got to see your reply because you deleted it before I could read it. I'm sorry if you felt disturbed, I just wanted to know what was going on and I figured a PM would be the best way of finding the answer. I was actually worried about you.

It wasn't about the PM per se. It was about the Suggestions Thread because I find it more work to send everyone PMs about private topics that aren't necessary to keep to a certain group of people because it is better if people can open up on the topics, but at the same time these topics shouldn't be for everyone to see (meaning the public.)

I'm not very open to what has happened on this forum or anything in my personal life. If you really want to know about what happened I can send a PM but I'm not willing to open up those wounds..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:56 pm 
Luna
Luna
It wasn't about the PM per se. It was about the Suggestions Thread because I find it more work to send everyone PMs about private topics that aren't necessary to keep to a certain group of people because it is better if people can open up on the topics, but at the same time these topics shouldn't be for everyone to see (meaning the public.)

I'm not very open to what has happened on this forum or anything in my personal life. If you really want to know about what happened I can send a PM but I'm not willing to open up those wounds..

It's okay, you don't have to send a PM and talk about it if you don't want to -- it just seems that you keep alluding to it on these forums all the time.

And....wait, now I'm confused. You were "disturbed" because I responded to your suggestion? That wasn't at all what I was talking about when I said I was acting like a mod -- it had to do with something that happened in another thread. I was just reading that forum, saw your suggestion, and figured anyone could jump in.

And sure, it's "more work" to send a PM to a group of people, but you only have to enter their names once. A group PM is basically exactly what you're looking for: a private thread.

At any rate, I hope things go well for you. I definitely don't want to clutter my thread with this, but all the same, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:46 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
John wrote:
So, apparently...

Even though I've sort of squashed my old behavior of getting into long-winded, angry rants at users, old habits tend to die hard.

I've been accused of acting like a mod around here, and for that, I apologize. I guess I've come across as a stickler for the rules lately, and in so doing, I ended up breaking them myself. If anyone feels that I've been characterized like this lately, then I apologize.

I just think that this forum could be so much better sometimes if we just had a few more rules to work with. Mostly common sense stuff. And I guess that desire to improve the forums comes across as acting like a mod. So I'm sorry if it comes across like I have a superiority complex.

I recently made a post about which I mentioned one of the two forbidden topics when I asked one of the users here not to talk about it. Yes, THAT one. I absolutely dislike bringing it up and I broke one of the forum's rules. So, I know how you feel.

Last edited by FloraKiraraHime on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:15 am 
Luna
Luna
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
John wrote:
So, apparently...

I wouldn't worry a great deal about it. We're all human and we're all bound to do regrettable things sooner or later, I certainly have on the internet. The key really is to identify these behaviors, look at what triggers it and identify the pattern - judging from this it seems you have already, once you have you can more easily identify when you're about to post a rant and employ a method to distract yourself, just to get your mind off it. The only thing you can do after posting a rant is learn from the behavior and work on improving yourself. :keke:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:07 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
chrissifniotis got the right idea don't worry about it, everyone's been there at one point or another even myself in the past

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:02 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Will you be willing to take part in a project that helps third world countries?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:09 pm 
Luna
Luna

Uhhh.....?

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:11 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna

What is this project, TWS91?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:18 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:

What is this project, TWS91?

I posted it in the General Off-Topic section. It's an old project that I did back in 08-09. It's very interesting, so if you want to know more, you should read it over there...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:43 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
^I saw your thread and read the whole thing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:46 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
^I saw your thread and read the whole thing.

We should probably discuss it there so we don't clutter up this thread....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:48 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
^Or through PM.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:43 pm 
Luna
Luna
Yeah, I really appreciate that. :) It seems like an interesting project though, and for a good cause, so no worries.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:09 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I agree, John.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:41 am 
Planeta
Planeta
I am struggling with anxiety at work now -too. Oh, cannot stand co-workers.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:06 pm 
Luna
Luna
Clow wrote:

Oh no Clow. :(

I'm sure you won't be reading this until much later, but try to center your mind on your surroundings. What do you feel, hear, see, smell, etc. around you? Name things one by one. Experience it. I find that this sometimes helps with anxiety -- but not always.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:09 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
John wrote:
Clow wrote:

Oh no Clow. :(

I'm sure you won't be reading this until much later, but try to center your mind on your surroundings. What do you feel, hear, see, smell, etc. around you? Name things one by one. Experience it. I find that this sometimes helps with anxiety -- but not always.

I sense bad energy. I am highly intuitive and a feller. I just hope I can survive. This is a contract job. 3 more weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:15 pm 
Luna
Luna
I'm right there with you when it comes to feeling certain vibes. Sometimes I walk into a room and I'm like, holy crap something really shitty happened here. Or people's thoughts/attitudes really come across in their facial expressions, or their body language, and it creates a weird and oppressive atmosphere. It's palpable.

Sending good thoughts your way. Try to counteract some of that negativity with your own positive thoughts/actions/words.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:24 am 
Luna
Luna
Got permission to bump this/"double post" though technically Rika said it won't count as a double-post. :)

Things going on with me right now:

1) My anxiety has gotten worse. I keep panicking over small, useless things and it's driving me crazy. It even prevented me from keeping an appointment today. I think I should talk to a professional. :(

2) I have a job again now, but it's just part-time. Not at all what I want to be doing, but I guess it's a good thing that I'm getting back on my feet.

3) I have kidney stones...this is the second time it's happened to me. I hope I won't need surgery again.

4) Seriously, if I piss anyone off or if someone is bothered by me, please send me a PM so we can talk it out instead of letting things spill onto the forum itself. Or maybe we can talk here since this is a thread for what's going on with me. But basically, I'm sick of things that I say or do causing drama here when that's the last thing I'm trying to do. I'm not a "dramatic" kind of person, I don't go for that stuff anymore, high school was a long time ago, etc. So I'm not sure if I'm the problem, or if the problem is other personalities around here (it's definitely not limited to just one person), or maybe a mix of both. I'm trying my best here.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:29 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
^ I would be more than willing to send you a PM, John.