* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Split Reincarnation or Non Biological twins
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:31 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Haven't decided what the title should really be but here it goes.

I don't know if there is a name for this phenomenon but if you go to another school or work you meet people who act and look exactly like the other person you've met before. They have the same aura from the way they move and talk.

Post subject: Re: Split Reincarnation or Non Biological twins
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:33 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 39 months ago
inactive
I never really thought of it....is there really such a thing as reincarnation though? ^_^'

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:38 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
rgveda99 wrote:
Haven't decided what the title should really be but here it goes.

I don't know if there is a name for this phenomenon but if you go to another school or work you meet people who act and look exactly like the other person you've met before. They have the same aura from the way they move and talk.

Hmm, I think I understand. :oh:

I haven't met any, sadly. :( But I do understand what are you talking about.

Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.. Dear.
Interesting gossip.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:30 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NeoMillennium wrote:
I never really thought of it....is there really such a thing as reincarnation though? ^_^'

I don't know, I believe it...

its like asking
.... if theres actually a God/Creator -shot- -shot- -shot-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:16 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 66 months ago
inactive
Location: in a dumpster with oscar the grouch and switchblade sullivan
I fail to see what is mysterious about this. With human being living increasingly in urban centers, mostly with similar backgrounds due to employment or education levels (amongst other factors) people inevitably fall into a dozen or so archetypes. You are always going to have the class clown funny guy, the jock, the very serious guy, the overly sensitive person, the smart girl, the dumb ☹ cheer leader, etc etc it goes on and on and on.

In which case, with X amount of "types" of people (and there are many but not a huge amount) of course you are going to find a similar type when you go to another school. They'll be a little different of course, but will still fall into the same category as the person they remind you of.

There is nothing mystical or remotely divine about this. It's simple statistics and probability at work.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:51 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Valtiel wrote:
I fail to see what is mysterious about this. With human being living increasingly in urban centers, mostly with similar backgrounds due to employment or education levels (amongst other factors) people inevitably fall into a dozen or so archetypes. You are always going to have the class clown funny guy, the jock, the very serious guy, the overly sensitive person, the smart girl, the dumb ☹ cheer leader, etc etc it goes on and on and on.

I don't think they meant people who have the same archetypes, they meant people who look so much like someone else you know, and sometimes they act like them too, and so it's like, Whoa, mindf**k! Like Michael Cera and Jesse Eisenberg, for example XD

I actually had a girl in my sorority who looked so much like me that sometimes I would see her across the room and think I was seeing my reflection for a minute. I had friends say that they would see her and start to approach her, only to realize it wasn't actually me. That was definitely a mindf**k.

Likewise, my best friend looks a lot like another friend's girlfriend... One time I gave Best Friend a ride to class and then went to the grocery store and saw Girlfriend and seriously went running up to her like, "Diane!!" and then I realized, "Wait, you moron, you just left her at school!" But it was okay because Girlfriend knew Best Friend and had been mistaken for her so many times that it was no big deal, haha.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:55 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Haha there is actually someone living/working in the same general area as me who looks like a twin of Elijah Wood. I've seen him tons of times at the bus stop near my local mall. Not to mention I once saw a clone of Rosie O' Donnell.

We stand in awe at that which cannot be seen - Rukia Kuchiki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:56 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The "split reincarnation" thing reminds me of Tibetan Buddhism. l o l

A number of political figures in the past & even nowadays have (could be several) doubles or decoys (who're unrelated in blood) for security reasons. Some of those doubles might've undergone facial surgery & other procedures to make them look even more alike, but many of them just naturally look almost identical even w/o that.

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:44 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: No.1 Mercury Fanboy
People sound and look alike just because there's a limited gene pool available. Like already said, there's no evidence for supernatural/divine intervention.

To be exactly, after all, we all are family, albeit sometimes really widespread;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:08 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Onuzim Ima wrote:
To be exactly, after all, we all are family, albeit sometimes really widespread;)

Genetically speaking, it's curious that Homo sapiens, whatever their races, are so homogenous in their genetical set, when compared to other species, which come w/ very different sizes & shapes w/i the same species.

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:43 pm 
inactive
Well if todays behaviours are any indication, if there were a bunch of different types of humans our ancestors probably killed them all off for not looking the same

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:02 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Valtiel wrote:
Well if todays behaviours are any indication, if there were a bunch of different types of humans our ancestors probably killed them all off for not looking the same

That's actually something similar to what I had in mind when I was writing my last post above, tho I didn't write it down - you've just spoken out what I was thinking at the time. :cool:

I do wish there were a variety of human species, tho (it'd be less boring that way), if only they could live peacefully w/ one another. XD

I'd also like to have an "aquatic ape/human" species. :D

BTW, the latest studies show that the different human/humanoid species in the past might, at least to a limited extent, have merged by inter-species breeding.

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:35 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
BTW, the latest studies show that the different human/humanoid species in the past might, at least to a limited extent, have merged by inter-species breeding.

You mean neanderthals?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:20 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
A dejа vu is usually a glitch in the Matrix when they change something.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:03 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
SailorDonut wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

You mean neanderthals?

Yup. :) Actually I've also mentioned about that w/ a CG rendition of a Neanderthal couple on another thread (one of those "hair" threads) lately.

Maraviollantes wrote:
A dejа vu is usually a glitch in the Matrix when they change something.

l o l

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:37 pm 
inactive
Holy hell I am thankful we don't have more types of humans. Can you imagine if we had green skinned and purple skinned humans, and flying and aquatic humans??

The "norms" (us) would unite as one (blacks, asians, whites, etc) to fight the avian humans, because they can fly so screw that man that is just unnatural so lets kill them all just to be safe

But wtf? What kind of a being swims about under water? So then we're all at war with the sick twisted creatures of the deep. Meanwhile the war against the avians aren't going the best on account they fly down and pick us up and then drop us on to trees. And swimming during the summer is no longer a safe activity not with the mer-people raids. College beach parties were never more dangerous.

So in retaliation we poison the atmosphere to kill the flying humans and then poison the water to kill all of the aquatic humans.

So while we're choking from breathing and puking out the water we're trying to drink, we're all happy that the freak humans are finally dead... but you know, I don't like the way that black guy has been looking at me .... and the black guy doesn't like how the asian guy is so good with math .... meanwhile the purple and green skinned humans have been talking a lot ... just what are they planning .....

BETTER KILL EACH OTHER JUST TO BE SAFE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:25 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ You've captured human nature quite well. :)

As I've said above, it'd be cool to have different human types, if they could co-exist peacefully, otherwise it'd either be that we'd exterminate the other types, as you said in the preceding post, or that they'd exterminate us. A 3rd path would be interbreeding, tho, like the one mentioned above.

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:46 pm 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
Someone told me once that there is another person in the world who looks exactly like you but you never meet them. :? Or like, when you ask someone their name and they tell you it and you are like "no you look more like a different name"

Post subject: Non Biological Twin
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:27 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
I couldn't find my old thread many years ago even with google. So I decided to just make a new one.

http://www.metdaan.com/unrelated-twins/

Quote:
The legend says we all have twins or doubles somewhere in the world, it is only a matter of whether we have had the good fortune of meeting them. When people do meet their doppelgängers, it often makes for hilarious stories, and in some cases, even friendships. Here are twenty-five such cases.

This happened to me years ago in college. Someone actually mistaking me for someone else.

Sadly I never met my non related clone.

Post subject: Re: Non Biological Twin
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:19 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
That happened to me when i was in grade 5.I changed schools and everyone in my class-even teachers and some other school staff-mistaken me as her.She changed schools that year too so I never met her.It was weird :grey:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:25 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
While I've seen an unrelated person who looked eerily similar to me , I actually do have a biological twin brother.

Matte Lupin!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:58 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
I wonder if we also have non biological twins from the past. :grey:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:23 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
I couldn't find my old thread many years ago even with google. So I decided to just make a new one.

If the old thread is really that old, then it's a good thing you decided to make a new one. No need to bump old threads. You did the right thing. :)

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:19 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
rgveda99 wrote:
I wonder if we also have non biological twins from the past. :grey:

The chances of such biological coincidence can be even greater if the past is also taken into account, considering the millennia of human history, even tho the population in the past was much smaller. lol

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:28 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
The chances of such biological coincidence can be even greater if the past is also taken into account, considering the millennia of human history, even tho the population in the past was much smaller. lol

LOL. Our facial configuration is just a numbers game.

I saw an article before that counting all the dead people who existed the human population is 100 billion.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:06 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
rgveda99 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

I saw an article before that counting all the dead people who existed the human population is 100 billion.

Wow, that's actually quite a lot. I'd think that number would be something like 75-ish billion.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:02 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Rei-volution
For a short time in my life, people I knew were telling me they saw me downtown, usually saying that I was working in construction. I was never downtown the supposed days nor have I ever worked in construction. I never met the lookalike but the comments eventually stopped, so perhaps he never lived in the area and left when whatever had been built was finished.

https://twitter.com/redblade84

Commander-in-Chief of the :rei:volution

Inventor of Chibi Chibi Latin - Learn it here

YKYWTMSMW Compilation Book & Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch/releases

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:39 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
chrissifniotis wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

Wow, that's actually quite a lot. I'd think that number would be something like 75-ish billion.

Even that smaller number is already more than big enough to have many facial-lookalike coincidences. :lol: Even in China alone, over the decades there've been quite a number of actors playing Chairman Mao at his various stages of life, who looked pretty identical to him. lol

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:28 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
chrissifniotis wrote:

Even that smaller number is already more than big enough to have many facial-lookalike coincidences. :lol: Even in China alone, over the decades there've been quite a number of actors playing Chairman Mao at his various stages of life, who looked pretty identical to him. lol

There's even an Ernest Hemingway look a like contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Xe1Jr37DY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:40 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ Whoa, that's spectacular! :cool: Reminding me of those Elvis lookalikes, but the Elvis ones usually wear shades, hence they may actually not look identical. lol

My J-pop thread