Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: What other shows you're NOT a fan of?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:47 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Whether you don't like it, think its overrated, dropped it midway, got disappointed at how badly it developed or just don't care.

One Piece - artwork looks crappy and every cosplayer just joined because of the bandwagon effect.

Buffy - lost interest after the whole Dawn thing. Watch a few episodes after it though but it just seems like it wasn't awesome anymore and too much drama.

Attack On Titan - just not my thing. Also, where are your weapons of mass destruction?

Sex In The City - dropped it after watching a certain episode I find rather distasteful.

Post subject: Re: What other shows you're NOT a fan of?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:57 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
What Not to Wear, Naruto, Pokemon, Family Guy. There are more but that's what's on the top of my head right now.

We stand in awe at that which cannot be seen - Rukia Kuchiki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:30 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Rei-volution
I stopped watching Nanoha during the third season because there were just too many characters that all looked alike and it got confusing.

I couldn't get into Pretty Cure, was too much of a kids' show for me.

I don't understand the Big Bang Theory's appeal either. Everyone I know finds it funny. I only see it as a show that's entertaining to watch sometimes.

https://twitter.com/redblade84

Commander-in-Chief of the :rei:volution

Inventor of Chibi Chibi Latin - Learn it here

YKYWTMSMW Compilation Book & Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch/releases

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:37 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
Fushigi Yugi :| Miaka [the baka] and Tamahome make chiba look like Usagi
modern spongebob [I only like Pre first movie spongebob]
modern South Park
modern Family Guy
Naruto
Dragonball GT
Black Blood Brothers
SM Crystal {before you get your pantsu in a knot this is my opinion not a bash, your free to like it, I don't, extended it comes from already not being fond of the manga much either except for the Dream arc }

there's more but that's all I'm posting for now

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:40 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
redblade7 wrote:
I don't understand the Big Bang Theory's appeal either. Everyone I know finds it funny. I only see it as a show that's entertaining to watch sometimes.

May be because they want to see Sheldon get humiliated for being an a egocentric nerdy ☹?

It has its moments but I'd rather rewatch the Golden Girls. Betty White and Rue MClanahan were the best.

Prince Rose wrote:

I never get its appeal also.

Plus the animation is not bad but its lacking. Its like it doesn't have soul visually.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:44 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
rgveda99 wrote:

Prince Rose wrote:

I never get its appeal also.

Plus the animation is not bad but its lacking. Its like it doesn't have soul visually.

well I don't mind the animation it is from the 90s after all [but there is stuff from that time that look better, SuperS for example]
my gripe is the main characters they are annoying save for a few

miaka is also the poor mans Usagi but worse :|

Attachments:
naw miaka yea moon.jpg
naw miaka yea moon.jpg [ 61.22 KiB | Viewed 945 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:31 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
Game of thrones P-:

But i'm not a fan of tv series for a very long time.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:16 am 
Luna
Luna
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I just can't get into Game of Thrones or Walking Dead. I tried 2 or 3 episodes of each and was bored and restless throughout.

Matte Lupin!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:20 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
GTAB wrote:
I just can't get into Game of Thrones

I've only watched a few episodes. The only thing that's making me want to watch it are the White Walkers.

Still I wish the magic is more varied and colorful. GOT magic is almost as dry as LOTR. Almost.

GTAB wrote:
Walking Dead. I tried 2 or 3 episodes of each and was bored and restless throughout.

You're better off with Z Nation. You're just gonna wait for all the TWD characters to die.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:00 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
litacan wrote:
Game of thrones P-:

it's not my cup of tea either

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:28 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
rgveda99 wrote:

Sex In The City - dropped it after watching a certain episode I find rather distasteful.

Surprised that you would even consider watching that show.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:35 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Clow wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

Surprised that you would even consider watching that show.

I watched it midway.

May be around 2 o 3 episodes then that episode aired. :dead:

These days I rarely watched anything from the start.

I only watched the last few episodes of the walking dead for the first season.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:05 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Other: The lone senshi
The Simpsons (post 2005) - the animation, draw style and the stories are awful since then and gets worse every year. Not counting the voice actors change for the latin american dub in 2004, it was a horrible change, it's like just 1 VA does 75% of the characters. :sick:
Crystal - Sorry, I'm not bashing it or something like that, but i tried to watch it and it was really painful to watch. Just watched 6 1/2 episodes before dropping it.
Family guy and American Dad. Not my thing.
Pokemon, Digimon - watched few episodes, I didn't like them...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:49 pm 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
rgveda99 wrote:
Whether you don't like it, think its overrated, dropped it midway, got disappointed at how badly it developed or just don't care.

One Piece - artwork looks crappy and every cosplayer just joined because of the bandwagon effect.

Buffy - lost interest after the whole Dawn thing. Watch a few episodes after it though but it just seems like it wasn't awesome anymore and too much drama.

Attack On Titan - just not my thing. Also, where are your weapons of mass destruction?

I agree when it comes to One Piece The Other Ones I Gave No time of day to.

as for me

Family Guy: I Cannot Stand This Stupid Show (Peter Griffin Is Horrible Person And Very Unlikable Character All He Does Is Drink Beer And Be Horrible To His Daughter)

South Park: how this show became as big as it is I have no idea (it makes Ren And Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon Look Good)

Ren And Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon: completely destroyed a decent cartoon series (although I wont watch episodes featuring George Liquor American as he a horribly unlikable character)

Neon Genesis Evangelion: what's to like about a series revolving around unlikable characters especially Shinji And Gendo also that ending was so stupid the series creator must've been smoking some bad reefer to have thought that was a good ending it was so bad even the English VA's couldn't make heads or tails of it

Berserk (New Anime): watched the first episode and never watched another the whole show is ugly CGI and I'm firmly against CGI (except for Mainframe Entertainment's ReBoot and Transformers Series) the other thing this series did wrong is not pick up where the cliffhanger ending to the original anime left off

One Punch Man: I find Saitama to be a bland looking character and the series just didn't appeal to me

those are just some of mine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:27 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Pretty Little Liars: I stopped watching it after the first half of season 5, Aria forgiving Ezra for what he did was the final straw. Grey's Anatomy: Cristina leaving after season 10 made me stop watching it. El secreto de Puente Viejo: It is becoming the spanish version of The Bold and The Beautiful, I can't watch it aymore.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:57 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Ryo Urawa wrote:
Neon Genesis Evangelion: what's to like about a series revolving around unlikable characters especially Shinji And Gendo also that ending was so stupid the series creator must've been smoking some bad reefer to have thought that was a good ending it was so bad even the English VA's couldn't make heads or tails of it

Which ending are you referring to? The series or the movie?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:08 am 
Stella
Stella
rgveda99 wrote:
Ryo Urawa wrote:

Which ending are you referring to? The series or the movie?

the series but the movie's ending apparently wasn't great either (I don't know I never watched the movie after how terrible the TV Series was)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:30 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Ryo Urawa wrote:
the series but the movie's ending apparently wasn't great either (I don't know I never watched the movie after how terrible the TV Series was)

When I saw the last 2 episodes I thought that there might be a season 2 or a movie. So I wasn't disappointed at all but curious.

Then I watched the movie (Part1 )and I was thinking for the first 30 minutes this looked cool. 8)

I was so excited that I had to buy Part 2 and wow everything just fell apart and by the end of the film your left with even more questions. :dead: :blue: :dead: :blue: :dead:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:42 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
rgveda99 wrote:
Ryo Urawa wrote:

When I saw the last 2 episodes I thought that there might be a season 2 or a movie. So I wasn't disappointed at all but curious.

Then I watched the movie (Part1 )and I was thinking for the first 30 minutes this looked cool. 8)

I was so excited that I had to buy Part 2 and wow everything just fell apart and by the end of the film your left with even more questions. :dead: :blue: :dead: :blue: :dead:

that's more or less the overall feeling I personally think it's creator didn't know how to end it and instead inserted random symbolism
to seem edgy and thought provoking

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:12 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Prince Rose wrote:
that's more or less the overall feeling I personally think it's creator didn't know how to end it and instead inserted random symbolism

Even without the symbolism you're still left with a terrible end result.

Everyone died with the 4th impact not making any sense. It went from action sci fi to some strange religious magic voodoo apocalypse. Then the rest of the film is pretty much about Shinji.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:04 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
rgveda99 wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:

Everyone died with the 4th impact not making any sense. It went from action sci fi to some strange religious magic voodoo apocalypse. Then the rest of the film is pretty much about Shinji.

yeah I won't deny that

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:36 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
Quite honestly... Sailor Moon.

I watched it and deeply enjoyed it as a kid and then between 2009-2011, but honestly I really don't care about it anymore. I will watch Crystal simply because I want to revive a childhood memory, and that's it. I do like some Sailor Moon songs.

Beyond that...

I stopped enjoying watching all anime I have seen, many of which I own on DVD.

Not really enthusiastic about the new Cardcaptor Sakura anime.

The only manga and anime I still greatly enjoy and care about is X by CLAMP.

:( :sick:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:58 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
Crystal: As much as I enjoy reading the manga, I felt that Crystal was too fast-paced for me. Crystal, as an anime adaptation of the manga left me feeling disappointed with how it was executed. :supercry: :supercry:
New Family Guy: I don't like Peter, he's a bad man. :evil:
New Spongebob: :sick: :sick: :dead:
Naruto: :grey:
Bleach: Okay but same as Naruto. :grey: :grey: :angry:

Last edited by FloraKiraraHime on Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:00 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
X-files. Only because it stopped.

Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
Bleach:

It has an interesting cast but the main character's kinda bland and suffers from the usual problems with most main shonen leads.

I'm surprised its popular enough to have a musical.

And despite its manga cancellation it still will have a live action movie.

http://kotaku.com/the-first-photos-of-t ... 1787346562

Prince Rose wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:

yeah I won't deny that

BTW, how's the reboot?

I heard the 3rd film made everyone feel disappointed again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:43 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
redblade7 wrote:

May be because they want to see Sheldon get humiliated for being an a egocentric nerdy ☹?

Yeah, it's possible they're laughing at me behind my back.

YKYWTMSMW Compilation Book & Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch/releases

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:27 am 
Stella
Stella
also want to add Spongbob Awfulpants I mean Squarepants he is the worst and most annoying character ever created (not counting Peter Griffin)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:29 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Ryo Urawa wrote:
also want to add Spongbob Awfulpants I mean Squarepants he is the worst and most annoying character ever created (not counting Peter Griffin)

That gives me an idea (off to chat with Usagi...)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:57 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Revolution Girl utanau I tried to like this show, but to me, it was very weird and kinda over dramatic.
Family Guy Welll modern day one ( Probably don't help the fact I'm a Christian, and conservative)( Also Peter has got to be the worst cartoon dad, and character in history)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:41 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
I'd also like to add new Pokemon.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:43 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
I'd also like to add new Pokemon.

Is there a difference between old and new Pokemon?