Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Is a lot of manga like this?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:04 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I decided to read my first manga comic book, which was Volume 1 of Tokyo Ghoul. The story was somewhat interesting and reminded me of other anime I used to watch like Yu Yu Hakusho and Bleach. One of the characters even looked and behaved like Naruto!

What I found annoying was that it would be very hard to understand what was happening during fight scenes. All I could understand was who won a certain fight when the fight ended. Is a lot of manga like this, or is it just because it's the first manga I ever read and I'm just not used to it?

Post subject: Re: Is a lot of manga like this?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:51 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
to be honest, no matter the medium, i find a lot of fight scenes to be hard to follow. but i definitely think it depends on who's in control and how they choose to paint that picture, so to speak. the director, or artist, will be the one who decides how clear things will be and i'm just someone who needs those particular types of scenes to be very clear ^_^'

i would not say all manga was like this, though i do think it's generally hard to get a fight across in many black and white panels where the action jumps gradually, as opposed to something fluid, and usually in color.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:30 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I find manga rather lifeless too just like the first time I read the :usagi: manga. There are big gaps between panels where there is action involved.

I do find western comics have more detail most of the time. =^_^=

Though western comics do sometimes lack details like the DC vs Marvel mini series. Just read the Storm VS Wonderwoman fight. ^_^

Just like Artemis in Distress said, it totally depends on the vision and direction of the writer/artist.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:41 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
sometimes it's a nice effect to jump around a lot between panels, but often manga is very detailed and can pay closer attention to character development and pacing than anime, which is why i usually prefer it. :cool: