Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Why do some fans bully/send threats to celebrities?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:52 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
I was just wondering why some people on the internet do this. It happened during season 1 of Crystal and it happened with the live action Death Note movie. :sad: What on Earth possesses some fans to do this? Plus, can't you end up in jail if you send threats to celebrities on twitter or facebook?

Post subject: Re: Why do some fans bully/send threats to celebrities?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:04 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
To be quite honest I don't think you can go to jail for death threats, or at least not immediately. As to why I don't really know since I've felt the need to. From what I can see though is that it would have to take a lot of anger and hatred for a person to want to threaten death, never mind carrying out such threats, so that at least is a start - people normally need to be taken to such an extremely in order to achieve extremist behavior. As for bullying you'll have to ask a bully face to face that question.
I did in fact experience peer pressure as a young boy to bully another kid and the experience was awful; after it I immediately felt upset and remorseful and kept on apologizing because it just wasn't me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:34 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
Crystal production/staff received threats? :shocked: Do you have a source?

From a legal/law enforcement perspective:

Making threats is a serious offense. If someone threatens you with violence and the threat is credible, law enforcement will view the threat as a crime and the agressor will face criminal charges. Depending on the seriousness of the threat, a victim can pursue a civil harassment restraining order.

As for celebrities, well, it's obvious that they have to take extra precautions because some of their fans are plain crazy. However, many celebrities who hate one another use platforms like Twitter to cause disturbances and their fans often end up getting into trouble as a result of their actions.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:02 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Why do some fans bully and/or send threats to celebrities? Because they're possessive and obsessed. That is, they're not true fans, just madmen who don't want to share their toy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:21 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
You do realize that years ago, a forum member went out of her way on Twitter to harass the editor of Kondasha USA branch of the Sailor Moon manga?

Read here with caution: http://s3.photobucket.com/user/yinggirl/library/drama

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:37 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Yinggirl wrote:
You do realize that years ago, a forum member went out of her way on Twitter to harass the editor of Kondasha USA branch of the Sailor Moon manga?

I seem to have faintly recalled that, but have forgotten all the details. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:38 pm 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
Clow wrote:

Making threats is a serious offense. If someone threatens you with violence and the threat is credible, law enforcement will view the threat as a crime and the agressor will face criminal charges. Depending on the seriousness of the threat, a victim can pursue a civil harassment restraining order.

As for celebrities, well, it's obvious that they have to take extra precautions because some of their fans are plain crazy. However, many celebrities who hate one another use platforms like Twitter to cause disturbances and their fans often end up getting into trouble as a result of their actions.

As for Crystal I remember when Munehisa Sakai was the director that some "fans" were harassing him on twitter to the point that he had to start blocking people. Also, threats are usually taken very seriously. Imagine if someone posted on the President's twitter that they wanted to kill him, there's no chance that that would slide. :o

Yinggirl wrote:

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the thread were Elly and Yen harassed that poor manga editor. :sad:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:49 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neo Queen Serenity wrote:
Clow wrote:

As for Crystal I remember when Munehisa Sakai was the director that some "fans" were harassing him on twitter to the point that he had to start blocking people.

I do remember that.

Quote:
Yinggirl wrote:

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the thread were Elly and Yen harassed that poor manga editor. :sad:

Thx for reminding that - now I remember. lol

I might understand why Takeuchi tends to be so low key over the years. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:30 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
I was just wondering why some people on the internet do this. It happened during season 1 of Crystal and it happened with the live action Death Note movie. :sad: What on Earth possesses some fans to do this? Plus, can't you end up in jail if you send threats to celebrities on twitter or facebook?

Because people are evil , and have hatred in there lives. Also some fans think they are entitled . To me just don't watch the show or movie you don't like andleavre it as that

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:19 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Rei-volution
What on Earth possesses some fans to do this?

" I just called the president a ☹." -Butters

https://twitter.com/redblade84

Commander-in-Chief of the :rei:volution

Inventor of Chibi Chibi Latin - Learn it here

YKYWTMSMW Compilation Book & Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch/releases

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:57 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
people hate on Adam Driver just because he plays Kylo Ren the evil dude in the new Star Wars.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:54 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Leia the Rebel wrote:
people hate on Adam Driver just because he plays Kylo Ren the evil dude in the new Star Wars.

So the character's face should've been covered/hidden entirely all the time like Vader (while he was evil) in the previous Episodes. lol

My J-pop thread