Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Have any of you made preparations for ..................
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:16 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
................. the Rapture? 8)

Post subject: Re: Have any of you made preparations for ..................
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:45 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: No.1 Mercury Fanboy
There will be no rapture. The world is not going to end tomorrow as it didn't end in 2012, didn't end in 2000 and likely also isn't going to end in 2022.

All this Conspiracy Nonsense & Panicmongering won't take us anywhere, all it takes is our money to make certain Organisations even richer. :yawn:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:14 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
Onuzim Ima wrote:
There will be no rapture. The world is not going to end tomorrow as it didn't end in 2012, didn't end in 2000 and likely also isn't going to end in 2022.

All this Conspiracy Nonsense & Panicmongering won't take us anywhere, all it takes is our money to make certain Organisations even richer. :yawn:

^ and that sums up my view

Attachments:
curb_hed.jpg
curb_hed.jpg [ 223.76 KiB | Viewed 874 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:14 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It looks like alien kidnapping of human samples in the clip. :P

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:44 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
................. the Rapture? 8)

You do realize that the Rapture is something a guy came up with in the 19th century starting from a single verse of 1 Thessalonians, and the vast majority of the Christians (with the Catholic Church alone counting over half the total number) believe it's ☹?

Besides, the Goddess comes to take care of you the moment you die.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:22 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
4 consecutive hurricanes in the USA, earthquakes in Mexico, and Trump dramu with Korea...

So it could be the end of the world.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:11 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ To those living at the time, the situations in 1914 & 1939 also looked pretty like the end of the world. :wink: We just dunno when the end would really come, if it'd ever do. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:35 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Yinggirl wrote:
4 consecutive hurricanes in the USA, earthquakes in Mexico, and Trump dramu with Korea...]

.................... elf in the shelf memes, Taylor Swift's new single not reaching a billion, the 4th (or 5th) Power Puff Girl and the most obvious one - Nazca mummies. :cthulhu:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:04 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
I think at any point of time from the past in history to the present day, we can always find something that can be read/interpreted as "signs" of the end of the world. lol

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:14 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
Prince Rose wrote:
Onuzim Ima wrote:

^ and that sums up my view

^^ Mine too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:08 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
And before anyone else starts complaining:

To be honest, I was tempted to use even much harsher words, but (un)fortunately the "No Swearing" policy on this forum will severely limit the chance to succumb to that temptation... P-:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:08 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Onuzim Ima wrote:
And before anyone else starts complaining:

To be honest, I was tempted to use even much harsher words, but (un)fortunately the "No Swearing" policy on this forum will severely limit the chance to succumb to that temptation... P-:

Let Angry Grandpa do that for you. ^_^'

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:14 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/end-o ... ar-AAspJZW

:megaoh: We now have 2 rapture dates this year. :megaoh:

Quote:
Saturday passed without the world coming to an end, but we're not out of the woods yet.

The Doomsday writer who claimed that the world would end on Sept. 23 now says it will end October 21.

Christian numerologist David Meade predicted Sept. 23 as the date a mysterious Planet X would collide with Earth based largely on verses and numerical codes in the Bible.

But as the day drew nigh, Meade backed off on the prediction and said he was misunderstood.

Fox 13 Salt Lake City reported Friday that Meade was expecting “nothing to happen in September.”

The station reported that, according to The Washington Post, Meade says Sept. 23 is foretold in the Bible’s Book of Revelation as the day a series of catastrophic events will begin.

DOOMSDAY IS NOT ON SATURDAY AFTER ALL, WRITER SAYS AFTER PREDICTING END OF THE WORLD

However, the author has since clarified that October will be the month of “action” and “seven years” of war and disaster will begin Oct. 21, according to the station.

“It is possible at the end of October we may be about to enter into the seven-year Tribulation period, to be followed by a Millennium of peace,” Meade was quoted as saying by the Sunday Express.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:33 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ It's always been "postponed," again & again. lol

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:33 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Someone, I dunno where, had his mean idea to get a bunch of blow up dolls and filled them with helium to fool around to those Rapture crazy fanatics

Not that I support that, but how many End of Times had you faced in your lifetime?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:07 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Yinggirl wrote:
Someone, I dunno where, had his mean idea to get a bunch of blow up dolls and filled them with helium to fool around to those Rapture crazy fanatics

That sounds like fun. :mischief:

Quote:
Not that I support that, but how many End of Times had you faced in your lifetime?

Many of those wishing to see the end of the world coming are (hugely) dissatisfied w/ their present state of things - it's just an escape mentality, not unlike the mentality of some of those who commit suicide.

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:41 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
They moved the date. :eeklez:

http://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/world/end ... ailsignout

Quote:
Mr Meade claims an asteroid named Wormwood, which is at least three kilometers in diameters and attached to the "debris field of the Planet X star system" will hit earth at some point during the seven years.

He says the "seven year tribulation" will also involve "nuclear exchanges between the US, Britain and our enemies – Russia, China, Iran and North Korea."

"It will involve cataclysmic climate events related to Planet X or Wormwood – those are the trumpet judgements of Revelation," he warned.

Huge solar flares would "bring down the electrical grid. Rioting and looting will be unrestrained.... society will be in chaos."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:10 pm 
Luna
Luna
Come on now, not again. Can't they just cut it out already? :twisted:

It's not even funny anymore.

The elaborate and colourful style of writing alone should tell what kind of rubbish this is.

That kind of 'experts' and 'theorists' is a bunch of mindless jerks who'll be first against the wall when Revolution comes. :|

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:12 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
rgveda99 wrote:
They moved the date. :eeklez:

http://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/world/end ... ailsignout

Quote:
Mr Meade claims an asteroid named Wormwood, which is at least three kilometers in diameters and attached to the "debris field of the Planet X star system" will hit earth at some point during the seven years.

He says the "seven year tribulation" will also involve "nuclear exchanges between the US, Britain and our enemies – Russia, China, Iran and North Korea."

Maybe all those countries would work together instead to nuke that asteroid w/ their ICBMs, & bring about a millennium-long era of world peace after that? :lol:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:51 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
Quote:

More likely North Korea fires a nuke and ends up destroying Pyongyang, with the other nations leading the effort to rebuild that poor country after decades of Orwellian insanity.

Because, seriously, it's North Korea!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:41 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Quote:

Maybe all those countries would work together instead to nuke that asteroid w/ their ICBMs, & bring about a millennium-long era of world peace after that? :lol:

:roll: :P :P :P :redghost: :blueghost: :yellowghost: :purpleghost: :orangeghost: :pinkghost: :greenghost:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:48 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ Well... :quagmire: BTW, my country has also got (a smaller) one just lately, luckily no casualties nor property damages, AFAIK.

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:18 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
:| :| :| :| :|

Attachments:
here we go again ugh.jpg
here we go again ugh.jpg [ 11.84 KiB | Viewed 323 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:54 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Prince Rose wrote:

:dance: :yoshi: :dance: :yoshi: :dance: :yoshi: :dance: :yoshi: :dance: :yoshi: :dance: :yoshi: :dance:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:54 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
Prince Rose wrote:

I'm with you on this one, Rose. :| :| :grey:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:44 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
You're 2 days too early. :o

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/technolo ... ailsignout

Quote:
An asteroid the size of a house flew past our planet this morning, narrowly missing the ring of communications satellites orbiting at 22,236 miles above the Earth's surface.

The asteroid, known as 2012 TC4, is estimated to be 45 to 100 feet (15 to 30 meters) in size.

It made its closest approach to Earth over Antarctica at 06:42 BST this morning, passing at a distance of approximately 26,000 miles - a little over one-tenth the distance to the Moon.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/world/ma ... ailsignout

The plot thickens.

Quote:
But it was soon revealed by the Russian Interior Ministry that the clip was actually a hoax.

A Kremlin spokesman said: "We found the alien in one of the student's homes.

"It was lying under his bed and an examination of it revealed it had been made of bread crumbs which were covered in chicken skin."

It's believed the video was actually filmed years ago, but has recently resurfaced online after being posted on Reddit.

But some viewers weren't convinced by the official explanation, asking: "How are you gonna shape the body perfectly like that if it's fake?"

Another added: "And where are all the bumps from the feathers? Never to be seen. Get your ignorant heads out of your a*****."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:58 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Happy Rapture Day again everyone!!! :dance: :rofl: :rofl: :dance: :circles:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:15 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:53 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
What part of "No man knows the day or hour" do people not understand?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:01 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
:siren: :dance: :yoshi: :circles: :whee: :dance: :yoshi: :circles: :whee: :siren: :whee: :circles: :yoshi: :dance: :whee: :circles: :yoshi: :dance: :siren:
:siren: :dance: :yoshi: :circles: :whee: :dance: :yoshi: :circles: :whee: :siren: :whee: :circles: :yoshi: :dance: :whee: :circles: :yoshi: :dance: :siren: