* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:33 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Name changes.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:50 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 77 months ago
inactive
So, I've been wondering *and I don't know if this would go here or in announcements or what* but why do people keep getting their name changed here? And, I don't mean why do they request it so much as why does Maravi actually keep doing it? Most places I've ever been make you keep the name you pick, but it seems a lot of people here change their username. I just don't get it. I thought I even saw Maravi say once that we're not supposed to be get our names changed or something like that, yet it happens all the time anyway.

Post subject: Re: Name changes.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:54 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maybe people are looking for names better representing their identities. Or maybe they are just bored :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:04 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 63 months ago
inactive
Maraviollantes wrote:
Maybe people are looking for names better representing their identities. Or maybe they are just bored :D

Couldn't have said it better myself, I don't see why it's really that big a deal. I mean anytime someone gets there name changed it's announced anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:08 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 47 months ago
inactive
Yeah but if someone is gone for a week or more it eventually gets deleted :oops: and honestly... it gets a little annoying... it just makes me think: Pick one already!!!! :oops: and when people change it to sth rediculous.... (not saying anyone here has) sometimes people change it so often it's just insane... it can also just be confusing b/c so many changes are done...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:15 am 
inactive
I'm always changing things..lol.. that's just the way I am and always have been, that and I was bored.

Last edited by Doomsday on Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:10 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 88 months ago
inactive
I've had my name changed once. But that was because of popular demand. :love: When you have an inbox flooded with requests to change my name into something more elegant, then you must give in! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:31 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 99 months ago
inactive
let them ahve their fun :P Ive no problem with it ^_^ :love:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:33 am 
inactive
Lady Usagi wrote:
let them ahve their fun :P Ive no problem with it ^_^ :love:

^_^ Lady Usagi is all about fun, so yeah! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:53 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 60 months ago
inactive
Lady Aino wrote:
When you have an inbox flooded with requests to change my name into something more elegant, then you must give in!

(Emphasis in red is mine.)
"Aino Minako" isn't an elegant name? Hmph!

(Alright, okay, as a username without any spaces between the two names, I admit it wasn't the most original. And you're more of an Usagi and/or Setsuna fan anyway.)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:20 am 
inactive
Siroh32 wrote:
Lady Aino wrote:
When you have an inbox flooded with requests to change my name into something more elegant, then you must give in!

(Emphasis in red is mine.)
"Aino Minako" isn't an elegant name? Hmph!

(Alright, okay, as a username without any spaces between the two names, I admit it wasn't the most original. And you're more of an Usagi and/or Setsuna fan anyway.)

XD Silly Siroh! Aino Minako is a beautiful name ^_^ I wasen't gonna change it, but....

^_^ At least I kept the Aino in there :love: I do like Minako alot. But not as much as Usagi and Setsuna, you're right. Then again, all the Senshi are equal in my eyes ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:22 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 49 months ago
inactive
I got a new screen name because I was sick of my old one.

I am a Confederate Canadian
The South will rise again!
Its good to be back!
Elizames is pwnage!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:56 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 82 months ago
inactive
I thought of having mine changed to something actually Sailor Moon related, but this is my signature name, I can't really change it XD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:15 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 91 months ago
inactive
I've always been YuriSailorMoonLover and always will be. :love: ^_^ :tongue: ^_^ :love:

Yea though I guess people get bored or want to have a name that suits or represents them better or like in Lady A's case a popular demand sorta thing.

I guess if the people like it then they should do as they please, I guess it can get annoying although it's not annoying to me though, I do get confussed when I do see new names next to unread posts and when I see new names at the bottom of the screen with a unknown unfamilair usename, I sorta have the thought in my head that this is a new user unto I actually look at the post or profile of the person.

It's not really annoying to me though, I just am sorta confussed until I do more investigating, the opition is there for a reason though people can and will use / do it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:02 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Lum <3
I've noticed a few name changes recently but I don't mind however it can be confusing sometimes, anyways I've been thinking of changing my name, well not so much change but modify it to Sailor Rose Sword without the _ between each word.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:15 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 101 months ago
inactive
I almost always use this username, or a form of it (depends on availability of the name). Only on Gaia Online did I use another one, which was derived from a name of my character.

Even though my eyes aren't ACTUALLY silver, my name represents a part of me which is very important to me and I doubt I will ever want to change it. Then again - who knows? ^^

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:12 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Lum <3
silver-eyes wrote:
I almost always use this username, or a form of it (depends on availability of the name). Only on Gaia Online did I use another one, which was derived from a name of my character.

Even though my eyes aren't ACTUALLY silver, my name represents a part of me which is very important to me and I doubt I will ever want to change it. Then again - who knows? ^^

I like your username it's a good name ^^

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:23 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 49 months ago
inactive
Nahh, I dont change my name. I stick with it until the end!

i n a c t i v e, :'(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:56 pm 
inactive
Well guys I have done it again..lol. Changed my name, but this time I have found a name I can be fully content with. why? simple because this is after all a Sailor Moon forum, and most of the people here have usernames based off of or representing there favorite Sailor Moon character, and I had a real hard time being content with my past usernames because they were not Sailor Moon related, so I had to come up with a solution to solve my username problem, I needed a name that would represent a character from Sailor Moon and ultimatly a name I could be content with from here on out, so I have chosen the name I should've chosen from DAY ONE! and that's my dude Nephlite. There we be nomore comic book characters or other fictional names anymore, from here on out I will represent my favorite Sailor Moon character Nephlite, and I will be happy and content with it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:03 pm 
inactive
Nephlite wrote:
There we be nomore comic book characters or other fictional names anymore, from here on out I will represent my favorite Sailor Moon character Nephlite, and I will be happy and content with it.

^_^ Great to hear it. Though it doesn't matter what you're called really. However, Nephlite does fit in quite nicely. ^_^

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:13 pm 
inactive
Lady Aino wrote:

^_^ Great to hear it. Though it doesn't matter what you're called really. However, Nephlite does fit in quite nicely. ^_^

I agree, since everyone else has names representing there fav sailor moon characters I might aswell join the club..lol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:17 pm 
inactive
Nephlite wrote:
I agree, since everyone else has names representing there fav sailor moon characters I might aswell join the club..lol

^_^ lol You've been a part of this club for a while now silly. :tongue: Just with a hundred names.

j/k :innocent:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:25 am 
inactive
I'm torn, I kinda want to change my name to something Sailor Moon-related, but I dunno...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:29 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 47 months ago
inactive
Nephlite wrote:
Lady Aino wrote:

Well, even though you "lied" ( :tongue: *teasing* ) to me about not changing your username, I can accept it because it's still a nice name you chose and I really like your sig and avatar lol... :innocent:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:37 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 16 months ago
inactive
Nephlite wrote:
this is after all a Sailor Moon forum, and most of the people here have usernames based off of or representing there favorite Sailor Moon character

hmmm...

just hmmm.

Midori Seppen wrote:
I'm torn, I kinda want to change my name to something Sailor Moon-related, but I dunno...

I stated a while ago that I like your name, do what you want, but following the crowd is a no in my book.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:18 pm 
inactive
I wouldn't do it to follow the crowd, I'd do it because I want to show my love for SM.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:30 pm 
inactive
Midori Seppen wrote:
I wouldn't do it to follow the crowd, I'd do it because I want to show my love for SM.

Well said. :love: People mistake others for following the crowd. Lots of people love Sailor Moon. I love your current name though. Midori has always been a lovely name. It's featured in alot of anime/manga I like. Especially Midori from Mai Hime/Otome. :love: :love: :love: :love:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:04 pm 
inactive
Yeah, I think I'll keep this name. Its my name on pretty much everything else and has special meaning in the fandom that means the most to me. (Not that I don't love Sailor Moon just as much, but its just something very special to me). I will continue to be the green snowflake I am XD

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:51 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 35 months ago
inactive
In the most reasonable experiences I have, sometimes you make a name you think sounds cool when you type it in, but then either sounds lame when you reread it. Or you find your name to constricting with what fits it aesthetically, or if you have had a name too long and have a better idea for it. Those were all the cases for me. sometimes I join a forum not expecting to stay as long as I do and the name used then was only a proxy name just for the account to work until you actually want to stay.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:21 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 19 months ago
inactive
....wow. I think this is one of the oldest dead threads I've seen revived in a long time. :eeklez:

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:56 pm 
☽ Crescent Moonie
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hmm, I think it'd be appropriate to say that I have been Boro for all the time spent here.

I registered as Boromonokli (which is Boro and Monokli written together, two of my old Guild Wars characters, and my most common handle)
Then I became Chibi Chibi Boro for the Chibi Chibi Month in 2013
Then I was Boro the Sorcerer for a while in the summer.
And after then, I've became just Boro.