* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: My work-in-progress flash project: Dress Usagi
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:43 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 38 months ago
inactive
I wasn't sure where to put this... please move to a different section if this is wrong. I don't quite consider it a game so I thought I would put this here.

I started this dress-up project a long time ago, with the intent to make every outfit Usagi wears in the old show, but I hit a wall. This was my first time using Flash, and the file size kept getting larger and larger, and the loading times longer and longer despite not having added much in terms of wardrobe. The sound files were included with poor quality so they'd make a smaller file size. I tried to figure out how to do a loading screen, but haven't been able to due to the "game" being only 1 frame long, and all of it in the 1st frame.

I haven't had the desire to touch it since, but it occurred to me that this was sitting on my computer. I'd love if people would have a look at it, and perhaps find a little fun in it.
It's drag-and-drop. Click the menus for more options, and to play some music.
I'm aware of some of the little errors strewn here and there.

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts though :love:
Here it is:

http://12kizuna.deviantart.com/art/SailorMoon-471730994

Please give it sufficient time to load, and it's best if you play on a widescreen monitor. Sometimes use of a smaller laptop results in having to scroll from side-to-side to see everything.

Post subject: Re: My work-in-progress flash project: Dress Usagi
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:54 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Nice work. :cool: The "Gowns" button seems to be not working, tho. :confused:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:00 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
this is so cute!! you really did a nice job so far. nothing came up when i hit gowns but it didn't take long to load at all.
i like that you can mix and match the outfits =^_^= you should finish working on it sometime! you must have spent a lot of time on it already.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:13 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:
The "Gowns" button seems to be not working, tho. :confused:

Ah, have forgotten that it's still WIP, ^_^' so I guess you mightn't have finished that part yet. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:04 pm 
inactive
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:
The "Gowns" button seems to be not working, tho. :confused:

Ah, have forgotten that it's still WIP, ^_^' so I guess you mightn't have finished that part yet. :)

Yeah sorry ^_^' I anticipated it be there for her princess/queen gowns and other dresses, but haven't made any yet.

Maybe I'll keep working on it! I wish I could figure out how to make a "loading" screen, because I anticipate it would take longer to load in the future with more outfits, but maybe it's just due to my horrible internet connection?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:34 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ So far it doesn't have any loading problem on my machine. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:37 pm 
inactive
12kizuna wrote:
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:
Rika-Chibi-Chibi wrote:
I wish I could figure out how to make a "loading" screen, because I anticipate it would take longer to load in the future with more outfits, but maybe it's just due to my horrible internet connection?

this how-to might help?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:11 pm 
inactive
chibi chibi in distress wrote:

this how-to might help?

I can't seem to get it to work :( but thank you very much for finding that for me!

I made another outfit for the first time in... a year? I won't upload another version until I have a few more outfits made, but I at least remember how to do it!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:35 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 25 months ago
inactive
I like what you made. Good job! Reminds me of the old Kisekae Set System from back in the early 90s. I like. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:29 pm 
inactive
12kizuna wrote:
chibi chibi in distress wrote:

this how-to might help?

I can't seem to get it to work :( but thank you very much for finding that for me!

I made another outfit for the first time in... a year? I won't upload another version until I have a few more outfits made, but I at least remember how to do it!

of course! i know when i started photoshopping i really appreciated tutorials and when i couldn't get something to work it was really frustrating..sometimes videos are more helpful, there's another here

either way i'm glad you're making more of them! :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:20 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
Well that was fun and cute! Good job...I dressed her up in regular clothes and in her transformation outfit too. I love dressing up stuff!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:05 am 
inactive
SailorRainbowKittyKat wrote:
Well that was fun and cute! Good job...I dressed her up in regular clothes and in her transformation outfit too. I love dressing up stuff!

Thanks so much!
I plan on uploading an update soon. I've made several additions (including a gown!)
I've kind of been on a roll lately.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:57 am 
inactive
Update!!!! This is the new link:
http://12kizuna.deviantart.com/art/Sail ... 1408416639

With this version:
-Minor bug fixes
-Addition of minor accessories here and there
-2 new disguises
-2 new gowns (yay!!)
-5 new regular (4 outfits and an apron)
-1 new misc (bathing suit)

I wasn't sure whether to put Usagi's wedding dress disguise under "gowns" or "disguises". I went with "disguises" because... well... it's one of her few disguises in the show! She really doesn't have many.

I'd love any feedback. Try mixing and matching :love: ... and please have fun with it! :love: I'll continue updating it so please check back often!

ETA: My dad just pointed out that when you hit "reset", it doesn't work like it used to. It just leads to a blank screen. I'll try to fix that for next time :sad: He's my bug checker ;)
ETA2: Oh yeah, please remember that the hideous wedding dress designs are not mine. They're directly from the show!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:51 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ Nice work. :cool: Would like to see more Senshi suits there, such as those of ESM, PSM, & Cosmos. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:26 pm 
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
^ Nice work. :cool: Would like to see more Senshi suits there, such as those of ESM, PSM, & Cosmos. :)

I was trying to focus on all of the outfits Usagi wears in the old cartoon show, so I didn't have an intention to do PSM or cosmos, but I was toying with the idea of doing different versions.
Usagi has sooo many outfits, it's overwhelming! I'm still not sure when the end of this project will be.
Aside from the old cartoon show (well over 100 outfits), there's the outfits that appear in things like the trading cards and CD covers, PGSM outfits, Sailor Moon Crystal outfits, manga and artbook outfits, and SeraMyu outfits and costumes.
I don't think I can fit all of them into one doll, so that's why I was thinking of making multiple versions... who knows, maybe by the time I've exhausted the outfits from the old show I'll still feel like adding more. I would have to play with the layout a bit, too.
I wanted to move on to the other girls at some point, too, but I think Usagi is going to keep me occupied for quite a while!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:33 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
12kizuna wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

I was trying to focus on all of the outfits Usagi wears in the old cartoon show, so I didn't have an intention to do PSM or cosmos, but I was toying with the idea of doing different versions.
Usagi has sooo many outfits, it's overwhelming! I'm still not sure when the end of this project will be.
Aside from the old cartoon show (well over 100 outfits), there's the outfits that appear in things like the trading cards and CD covers, PGSM outfits, Sailor Moon Crystal outfits, manga and artbook outfits, and SeraMyu outfits and costumes.
I don't think I can fit all of them into one doll, so that's why I was thinking of making multiple versions... who knows, maybe by the time I've exhausted the outfits from the old show I'll still feel like adding more. I would have to play with the layout a bit, too.
I wanted to move on to the other girls at some point, too, but I think Usagi is going to keep me occupied for quite a while!

This is a great game.

One thing, when you try to pick other outfits, like disguise and civilian, the clothes that were already on her don't translate. So you can't mix and match.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:33 am 
inactive
SailorWelshy wrote:
12kizuna wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

This is a great game.

One thing, when you try to pick other outfits, like disguise and civilian, the clothes that were already on her don't translate. So you can't mix and match.

I wish I knew how to code it so that what she's wearing would stay there when you switch "closets". I'm really very flash-naive :( You can mix and match most easily in her "regular" clothes.