* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:55 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 90s style Eternal Senshi art by Marco Albiero
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:30 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
We all know Marco Albiero as the artist who did all the beautiful art for new Sailor Moon DVDs, items, and Hulu banners.

I don't know if these have been posted already, but look at these gorgeous Eternal Senshi artworks he did!!
I really love how they all look, especially Saturn since she's my favorite. It was disappointing to me that they did not appear in Eternal form in the anime since these are their most beautiful outfits in my opinion. Now we can imagine what they would've looked like.

Looking at this picture art makes me feel as if there's a season 6 coming out :lol: Oh, I wish
Attachment:
Eternal Guardians by Marco Albiero.png
Eternal Guardians by Marco Albiero.png [ 572.85 KiB | Viewed 1966 times ]

And here's a redraw of an Eternal Sailor Moon illustration from the manga.
Attachment:
Eternal Moon manga by Marco Albiero.jpg
Eternal Moon manga by Marco Albiero.jpg [ 81.25 KiB | Viewed 1972 times ]

Jupiter is one of my favorites since her secondary green is yellow-green instead of mint green. I know I'm picky but it always bothers me whenever artists choose mint green as Eternal Jupiter's second color. Yellow green goes so nicely and makes the costume 5x more beautiful to me :lol:

Attachment:
ESJupiter.jpg
ESJupiter.jpg [ 19.58 KiB | Viewed 1969 times ]

You can find the rest on Google by searching "marco albiero eternal senshi" or stuff like that.

Post subject: Re: 90s style Eternal Senshi art by Marco Albiero
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:26 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
1st pic: They're looking like an idol group. lol

2nd pic: Nice butt XD (just like its original artwork by Takeuchi lol ).

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:01 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

Incidentally, the ones who appear to have the top spot are Venus (who wants to be one, and in the manga would have had a career had it not been a cover for checking on Ace) and Neptune (who is practically one). Maybe he was trying for this.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:31 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
lord Martiya wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

Incidentally, the ones who appear to have the top spot are Venus (who wants to be one, and in the manga would have had a career had it not been a cover for checking on Ace) and Neptune (who is practically one). Maybe he was trying for this.

Nice observation. :cool:

Would also like to see the Eternal form of Chibiusa. :D

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:30 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
There she is
Attachment:
tumblr_n9kn16B9gG1tnwrrso1_1280.png
tumblr_n9kn16B9gG1tnwrrso1_1280.png [ 130.48 KiB | Viewed 1874 times ]

And the Amazons
Attachment:
marcoalbiero35.png
marcoalbiero35.png [ 200.63 KiB | Viewed 1876 times ]

I think Chibi Moon is the only Senshi who looks better in super form than Eternal form in my opinion. Her outfit looks less colorful and vibrant than the super one. All the other Senshi look more colorful in Eternal than she does

But maybe I'll learn to love it since whenever I rant on an outfit or whatever else it may be, for some reason I end up loving it later ^_^'

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ Nice - thx for posting the pics. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:52 am 
Planeta
Planeta
I love Marco Albiero as an artist. He is so talented and is amazing at replicating the 90s style. I have never understood the disses he gets by some people on the forum. His art is basically a beautiful, polished version of the 90s style and in my opinion honestly looks better then anything in Crystal.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:28 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
saturncrystalkiss wrote:
There she is
Attachment:
tumblr_n9kn16B9gG1tnwrrso1_1280.png

And the Amazons
Attachment:
marcoalbiero35.png

I think Chibi Moon is the only Senshi who looks better in super form than Eternal form in my opinion. Her outfit looks less colorful and vibrant than the super one. All the other Senshi look more colorful in Eternal than she does.
But maybe I'll learn to love it since whenever I rant on an outfit or whatever else it may be, for some reason I end up loving it later ^_^'

Sailor Chibi Moon definitely looks better in Super form, I will agree with you on that, saturncrystalkiss. My personally takeaways w/ Chibi Moon's Eternal uniform is the "Star" theme and the fact that it's so pink. Not to mention, that it looks indentical to the other Senshi's. Her Eternal/Star uniform should resemble Sailor Moon's, at most.

MariaTenebre wrote:
I love Marco Albiero as an artist. He is so talented and is amazing at replicating the 90s style. I have never understood the disses he gets by some people on the forum. His art is basically a beautiful, polished version of the 90s style and in my opinion honestly looks better then anything in Crystal.

Agreed, Marco Albeiro is a talent. I'm personally not very fond of the 90's art style myself as my preference leans strongly towards the manga's art. I must admit, however, this style is iconic.

July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:32 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I kind of dislike the cut & paste faces from existing (Ito or Ito-ish) art, but these look all right. I actually don't like the Eternal senshi attire at all - they remove all the unique details of the old outfits. Even in the manga, they look terrible to me. But I agree that Chibimoon's is the (only) one that looks better in Eternal form. Moon's wings always looked awkward in the manga or in Sailor Stars, but these Pegasus-style ones are nice.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:43 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Also back on another point of the OP. I would have loved if the 90s anime got a sequel with the Senshi in these Eternal forms. I actually heard that Marco Albiero was trying to become the lead designer for the new anime and did all of the Senshi in Eternal forms for what he thought would be a season after Sailor Stars. I so wish that instead of Crystal we got a 90s sequel. I mean for one they have been telling the same story for so long it would have been awesome if we got some new stories.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:37 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
MariaTenebre wrote:
Also back on another point of the OP. I would have loved if the 90s anime got a sequel with the Senshi in these Eternal forms. I actually heard that Marco Albiero was trying to become the lead designer for the new anime and did all of the Senshi in Eternal forms for what he thought would be a season after Sailor Stars. I so wish that instead of Crystal we got a 90s sequel. I mean for one they have been telling the same story for so long it would have been awesome if we got some new stories.

I think any new stories would likely be written by Toei, tho (they might consult Takeuchi, tho).

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:59 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
PteraRanger wrote:
I kind of dislike the cut & paste faces from existing (Ito or Ito-ish) art, but these look all right. I actually don't like the Eternal senshi attire at all - they remove all the unique details of the old outfits. Even in the manga, they look terrible to me. But I agree that Chibimoon's is the (only) one that looks better in Eternal form. Moon's wings always looked awkward in the manga or in Sailor Stars, but these Pegasus-style ones are nice.

I see your point, Pteraranger. The Eternal uniforms for both the Inner and Outer Soldiers strip away any sort of individuality they originally had in the first place. The uniforms are entirely indentical regarding the color scheme. You're right about ChibiMoon, though. Hers looks fine.

July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi: