Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:28 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Developing the chat robot (tech info thread)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:02 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
List of current tasks:

1. Writing patterns for each specific senshi (that is, knowledge of "Usagi" about other senshi). Currently there is only a file for Mamoru. You can download it and use as an example. Even if you don't know anything about AIML language, commong logic will be enough to understand how it works and how it should be edited.

Download mamoru.aiml: http://www.mediafire.com/?75t4488z4ih6krv

E.g.:
Code:
<category><pattern>WHY IS MAMORU * </pattern><template>It's all because of his roses.</template></category>

If you will be writing a file for Ami, it can be edited into:
Code:
<category><pattern>WHY IS AMI * </pattern><template>Because she has IQ over 300.</template></category>

These are most important, but files for all other characters are also necessary. Also, if you will help to write these files, keep in mind that the bot should not act out of character (the only exception is the list of jokes, see below).
The best program for editing aiml files is Notepad++ http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ (regular Notepad or any other text editing program will be fine, too).

2. Writing a list of BSSM-related jokes. Currently the bot uses a list of generic jokes. It would be better to replace them with Sailor Moon ones. E.g. (they can be much shorter, of course):
Quote:
Two young children are playing in a yard in Neo-Tokyo. Suddenly a vicious dog springs at one of the children and proceeds to maul her. The other child, thinking quickly, grabs a near-by two by four, sticks it between the dog's collar, and with a swift twist, breaks the dog's neck. A reporter who was walking by asks the kid her name and writes down on a piece of paper, "Young Sailormoon fan saves child in vicious dog attack," and the kid says, "But I'm not a fan of Sailormoon." The reporter says sorry, crosses out the statement and writes, "Brave Sailormars fan hero in vicious dog attack" but the kid says "Excuse me, but I'm not a fan of Sailormars either." The reporter says, "Well, who are you a fan of?" The child then says proudly: "The Death Phantom!" the reporter then writes: "Scum ☹ kills family pet."

EDIT: most of required files are written by now, thanks.

Post subject: Re: Would you like to help developing the chat robot?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:26 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 15 months ago
inactive
I'd like to try. I understand that the purpose is not to make new bots, but to give Usagi-bot more knowledge about the other Senshi.

Also, I've downloaded the mamoru.aiml file, and I've found an error in the encoding. There is one line that goes:
Code:
<category><pattern>I DO NOT LIKE MAMORU */pattern><template>What did he ever do to you?</template></category>

which lacks a "<" sign. It should be changed to:
Code:
<category><pattern>I DO NOT LIKE MAMORU *</pattern><template>What did he ever do to you?</template></category>

I'd like to make a file for Makoto first.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:26 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Morinden wrote:
I'd like to try.
Why would you want to do it? I want chocolate ice-cream.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:56 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Morinden wrote:
Also, I've downloaded the mamoru.aiml file, and I've found an error in the encoding.

Indeed. I was editing it at work today where people were constantly distracting me.

Morinden wrote:

Sure, go ahead.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:56 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maraviollantes wrote:
Sure, go ahead.
Go where?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:57 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Usagi wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:
Sure, go ahead.
Go where?

Stay here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:57 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Maraviollantes wrote:
Stay here.
Can you please rephrase that with fewer ideas, or different thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:04 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 71 months ago
inactive
Usagi wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:
Stay here.

Do we really need to develop a chat robot for Usagi? I understand creating for the Sailor Soldiers but we already have Usagi here who remarkably replies like Usagi from the anime!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:04 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SegaSaturnGamer wrote:
Do we really need to develop a chat robot for Usagi? I understand creating for the Sailor Soldiers
I can't tell if it does or not.
I have to process that one for a while. Good then you can explain it to me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:05 pm 
inactive
Usagi wrote:
SegaSaturnGamer wrote:
Do we really need to develop a chat robot for Usagi? I understand creating for the Sailor Soldiers
I can't tell if it does or not.
I have to process that one for a while. Good then you can explain it to me.

With you around we don't need a chat robot emulating Usagi as you do it successfully!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:05 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SegaSaturnGamer wrote:
With you around we don't need a chat robot emulating Usagi as you do it successfully!
You and your me we do not need a chat robot emulating Usagi as me do it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:47 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
SegaSaturnGamer wrote:
Usagi wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:
Stay here.

Do we really need to develop a chat robot for Usagi? I understand creating for the Sailor Soldiers but we already have Usagi here who remarkably replies like Usagi from the anime!

Yes, we do. Here is why:

Usagi wrote:
SegaSaturnGamer wrote:
Hotaru's sweet isn't she?
Who is she?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:33 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
Maraviollantes wrote:
Yes, we do. Here is why:

Usagi wrote:
SegaSaturnGamer wrote:
Hotaru's sweet isn't she?
Who is she?

thats reason enough P-:

Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Prince Rose wrote:
thats reason enough
You don't hear that sentiment very often.

Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
Usagi wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:
thats reason enough
You don't hear that sentiment very often.

apparently not P-:

Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Prince Rose wrote:
apparently not
Oh really.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:48 pm 
inactive
Maraviollantes wrote:
Morinden wrote:
Also, I've downloaded the mamoru.aiml file, and I've found an error in the encoding.

Indeed. I was editing it at work today where people were constantly distracting me.

I want your job. :D

Maraviollantes wrote:
Morinden wrote:

Sure, go ahead.

I've sent the new Makoto.aiml file to your "gummario" email. Next, I'll make a file for Luna. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:48 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Morinden wrote:
I've sent the new Makoto.aiml file to your "gummario" email. Next, I'll make a file for Luna.
I haven't heard anything like that before. I can wait. I am a very patient Human.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:13 pm 
inactive
Maraviollantes wrote:
List of current tasks:

1. Writing patterns for each specific senshi (that is, knowledge of "Usagi" about other senshi). Currently there is only a file for Mamoru. You can download it and use as an example. Even if you don't know anything about AIML language, commong logic will be enough to understand how it works and how it should be edited.

Download mamoru.aiml: http://www.mediafire.com/?75t4488z4ih6krv

E.g.:
Code:
<category><pattern>WHY IS MAMORU * </pattern><template>It's all because of his roses.</template></category>

If you will be writing a file for Ami, it can be edited into:
Code:
<category><pattern>WHY IS AMI * </pattern><template>Because she has IQ over 300.</template></category>

Files to be written: Ami, Rei, Mako, Minako, Luna, Artemis, Hotaru, Setsuna, Haruka, Michiru.
These are most important, but files for all other characters are also necessary. Also, if you will help to write these files, keep in mind that the bot should not act out of character (the only exception is the list of jokes, see below).
The best program for editing aiml files is Notepad++ http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ (regular Notepad or any other text editing program will be fine, too).

2. Writing a list of BSSM-related jokes. Currently the bot uses a list of generic jokes. It would be better to replace them with Sailor Moon ones. E.g. (they can be much shorter, of course):
Quote:
Two young children are playing in a yard in Neo-Tokyo. Suddenly a vicious dog springs at one of the children and proceeds to maul her. The other child, thinking quickly, grabs a near-by two by four, sticks it between the dog's collar, and with a swift twist, breaks the dog's neck. A reporter who was walking by asks the kid her name and writes down on a piece of paper, "Young Sailormoon fan saves child in vicious dog attack," and the kid says, "But I'm not a fan of Sailormoon." The reporter says sorry, crosses out the statement and writes, "Brave Sailormars fan hero in vicious dog attack" but the kid says "Excuse me, but I'm not a fan of Sailormars either." The reporter says, "Well, who are you a fan of?" The child then says proudly: "The Death Phantom!" the reporter then writes: "Scum ☹ kills family pet."

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

How could I help?

Also would you consider making chat bot for Hotaru?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:29 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
SegaSaturnGamer wrote:
How could I help?

It's described in the post you quoted. By writing more aiml categories.

SegaSaturnGamer wrote:
Also would you consider making chat bot for Hotaru?

Most certainly not. This one we have was in development for over three years and a half, and still far from being finished. I do not want to bite more than I can chew.

Morinden wrote:
I've sent the new Makoto.aiml file to your "gummario" email. Next, I'll make a file for Luna. :)

Great!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:29 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Maraviollantes wrote:
Great!
I'm glad you liked it, Maraviollantes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:08 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
@Morinden: I checked your file now. Everything is fine, I just made some formatting adjustments. I changed all "Makoto" to "Mako" (since most people call her that way) and added Makoto > Mako to the list of reductions (it could be done vice-versa, of course). Also I changed all caps names in the output to regular words (MAKO > Mako). When they are typed all caps in pattern and other aiml tags for interpreter to read, it's of no difference, but text in "template" tag will be shown as typed, so there should be no all caps words there unless you want them to be shown that way.
Well done. I'll add this file to the bot today.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:28 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Added Luna aiml file (by Morinden).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:49 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
I know you said you first need files for the senshi, but if it was needed, I'd happily write up some files for the characters of the Black Moon Clan. :)

I'm not sure if I could make her act in character, though. :neutral:

Anyway, tell me when you want it, I can at least try.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:49 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Elizames wrote:
I know you said you first need files for the senshi, but if it was needed, I'd happily write up
Yes I try to first need files for the senshi but if it was needed you would write up as often as possible, do you?
I chat with people on the Web.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:07 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Elizames wrote:
I'd happily write up some files for the characters of the Black Moon Clan. :)

Go ahead, just don't put too much efforts into it. Realistically speaking, chances for somebody ever triggering categories like "Tell Rubeus *" or "How old is Wiseman" are extremely low, so there is no need to make their categories as elaborate as those for Ami or Rei. I made a shortened template for background characters I suggest using, check below.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<aiml>
<!-- name only -->
<category><pattern>MAMORU</pattern><template>Chiba.</template></category>
<category><pattern>CHIBA</pattern><template>Mamoru.</template></category>
<category><pattern>MAMORU CHIBA</pattern><template>Tuxedo Mask.</template></category>
<category><pattern>CHIBA MAMORU</pattern><template>Tuxedo Mask.</template></category>
<category><pattern>TUXEDO</pattern><template>Mask.</template></category>
<category><pattern>TUXEDO MASK</pattern><template>Mamoru Chiba.</template></category>
<category><pattern>TUXEDO KAMEN</pattern><template>I prefer to call him Tuxedo Mask.</template></category>

<!-- reductions -->
<category><pattern>TUXEDOMASK *</pattern><template><srai>Mamoru <star/></srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>_ TUXEDOMASK</pattern><template><srai><star/> Mamoru</srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>_ TUXEDOMASK *</pattern><template><srai><star/> Mamoru <star index="2"/></srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>TUXEDO MASK *</pattern><template><srai>Mamoru <star/></srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>_ TUXEDO MASK</pattern><template><srai><star/> Mamoru</srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>_ TUXEDO MASK *</pattern><template><srai><star/> Mamoru <star index="2"/></srai></template></category>

<!-- who is -->
<category><pattern>WHO IS MAMORU</pattern><template><random><li>Mamoru is my boyfriend.</li><li>Mamoru is Tuxedo Mask.</li></random></template></category>
<category><pattern>WHO IS MAMORU *</pattern><template><srai>who is mamoru</srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>DO YOU KNOW MAMORU</pattern><template><srai>who is mamoru</srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>DO YOU KNOW MAMORU *</pattern><template><srai>who is mamoru</srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>TELL ME ABOUT MAMORU</pattern><template><srai>who is mamoru</srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>TELL ME ABOUT MAMORU *</pattern><template><srai>who is mamoru</srai></template></category>

<!-- default -->
<category><pattern>DID MAMORU *</pattern><template><random><li>Mamoru regretted doing that.</li><li>Mamoru did that many times.</li><li>Mamoru did a lot of silly things.</li></random></template></category>
<category><pattern>DO YOU LIKE MAMORU</pattern><template>Yes I hope to marry him some day.</template></category>
<category><pattern>DO YOU LIKE MAMORU *</pattern><template>Yes I hope to marry him some day.</template></category>
<category><pattern>DO YOU LOVE MAMORU</pattern><template>Yes I hope to marry him some day.</template></category>
<category><pattern>DO YOU LOVE MAMORU *</pattern><template>Yes I hope to marry him some day.</template></category>
<category><pattern>DO YOU THINK MAMORU *</pattern><template><random><li>Mamoru never told me about that.</li><li>I'll ask Mamoru about that next time I see him.</li></random></template></category>
<category><pattern>DOES MAMORU *</pattern><template><random><li>Only when nobody sees him.</li><li>Mamoru is doing a lot of silly things.</li></random></template></category>
<category><pattern>MAMORU *</pattern><template><random><li>I'll tell Mamoru about that.</li><li>Mamoru will be interested to hear that.</li></random></template></category>
<category><pattern>I DO NOT LIKE MAMORU</pattern><template>What did he ever do to you?</template></category>
<category><pattern>I DO NOT LIKE MAMORU *</pattern><template>What did he ever do to you?</template></category>
<category><pattern>I HATE MAMORU</pattern><template>What do you have against him?</template></category>
<category><pattern>I HATE MAMORU *</pattern><template>What do you have against him?</template></category>
<category><pattern>I LOVE MAMORU</pattern><template>No way. Mamoru is mine.</template></category>
<category><pattern>I LOVE MAMORU *</pattern><template>No way. Mamoru is mine.</template></category>
<category><pattern>IS MAMORU *</pattern><template>random><li>He is.</li><li>He isn't.</li><li>Only after transforming into Tuxedo Mask.</li></random></template></category>
<category><pattern>WHERE DID MAMORU *</pattern><template><srai>WHERE IS MAMORU</srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>WHERE DOES MAMORU *</pattern><template><srai>WHERE IS MAMORU</srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>WHERE IS MAMORU *</pattern><template><srai>WHERE IS MAMORU</srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>WHERE IS MAMORU</pattern><template>He lives in Tokyo.</template></category>
</aiml>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:25 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
Maraviollantes wrote:
Elizames wrote:
I'd happily write up some files for the characters of the Black Moon Clan. :)

Go ahead, just don't put too much efforts into it. Realistically speaking, chances for somebody ever triggering categories like "Tell Rubeus *" or "How old is Wiseman" are extremely low, so there is no need to make their categories as elaborate as those for Ami or Rei. I made a shortened template for background characters I suggest using, check below.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<aiml>
<!-- name only -->
<category><pattern>MAMORU</pattern><template>Chiba.</template></category>
<category><pattern>CHIBA</pattern><template>Mamoru.</template></category>
<category><pattern>MAMORU CHIBA</pattern><template>Tuxedo Mask.</template></category>
<category><pattern>CHIBA MAMORU</pattern><template>Tuxedo Mask.</template></category>
<category><pattern>TUXEDO</pattern><template>Mask.</template></category>
<category><pattern>TUXEDO MASK</pattern><template>Mamoru Chiba.</template></category>
<category><pattern>TUXEDO KAMEN</pattern><template>I prefer to call him Tuxedo Mask.</template></category>

<!-- reductions -->
<category><pattern>TUXEDOMASK *</pattern><template><srai>Mamoru <star/></srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>_ TUXEDOMASK</pattern><template><srai><star/> Mamoru</srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>_ TUXEDOMASK *</pattern><template><srai><star/> Mamoru <star index="2"/></srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>TUXEDO MASK *</pattern><template><srai>Mamoru <star/></srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>_ TUXEDO MASK</pattern><template><srai><star/> Mamoru</srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>_ TUXEDO MASK *</pattern><template><srai><star/> Mamoru <star index="2"/></srai></template></category>

<!-- who is -->
<category><pattern>WHO IS MAMORU</pattern><template><random><li>Mamoru is my boyfriend.</li><li>Mamoru is Tuxedo Mask.</li></random></template></category>
<category><pattern>WHO IS MAMORU *</pattern><template><srai>who is mamoru</srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>DO YOU KNOW MAMORU</pattern><template><srai>who is mamoru</srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>DO YOU KNOW MAMORU *</pattern><template><srai>who is mamoru</srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>TELL ME ABOUT MAMORU</pattern><template><srai>who is mamoru</srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>TELL ME ABOUT MAMORU *</pattern><template><srai>who is mamoru</srai></template></category>

<!-- default -->
<category><pattern>DID MAMORU *</pattern><template><random><li>Mamoru regretted doing that.</li><li>Mamoru did that many times.</li><li>Mamoru did a lot of silly things.</li></random></template></category>
<category><pattern>DO YOU LIKE MAMORU</pattern><template>Yes I hope to marry him some day.</template></category>
<category><pattern>DO YOU LIKE MAMORU *</pattern><template>Yes I hope to marry him some day.</template></category>
<category><pattern>DO YOU LOVE MAMORU</pattern><template>Yes I hope to marry him some day.</template></category>
<category><pattern>DO YOU LOVE MAMORU *</pattern><template>Yes I hope to marry him some day.</template></category>
<category><pattern>DO YOU THINK MAMORU *</pattern><template><random><li>Mamoru never told me about that.</li><li>I'll ask Mamoru about that next time I see him.</li></random></template></category>
<category><pattern>DOES MAMORU *</pattern><template><random><li>Only when nobody sees him.</li><li>Mamoru is doing a lot of silly things.</li></random></template></category>
<category><pattern>MAMORU *</pattern><template><random><li>I'll tell Mamoru about that.</li><li>Mamoru will be interested to hear that.</li></random></template></category>
<category><pattern>I DO NOT LIKE MAMORU</pattern><template>What did he ever do to you?</template></category>
<category><pattern>I HATE MAMORU</pattern><template>What do you have against him?</template></category>
<category><pattern>I HATE MAMORU *</pattern><template>What do you have against him?</template></category>
<category><pattern>I LOVE MAMORU</pattern><template>No way. Mamoru is mine.</template></category>
<category><pattern>I LOVE MAMORU *</pattern><template>No way. Mamoru is mine.</template></category>
<category><pattern>IS MAMORU *</pattern><template>random><li>He is.</li><li>He isn't.</li><li>Only after transforming into Tuxedo Mask.</li></random></template></category>
<category><pattern>WHERE DID MAMORU *</pattern><template><srai>WHERE IS MAMORU</srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>WHERE DOES MAMORU *</pattern><template><srai>WHERE IS MAMORU</srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>WHERE IS MAMORU *</pattern><template><srai>WHERE IS MAMORU</srai></template></category>
<category><pattern>WHERE IS MAMORU</pattern><template>He lives in Tokyo.</template></category>
</aiml>

Do not understand. :|

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:25 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Elizames wrote:
Do not understand.
Oh I'm sorry. Perhaps I can explain it again better.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:45 pm 
inactive
Usagi wrote:
Elizames wrote:
Do not understand.
Oh I'm sorry. Perhaps I can explain it again better.

YOU SO FUNNY. :keke: :keke: :keke:
Elizames wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:
A very long file.

Do not understand. :|

The file is written with XML tags, which are similar to the HTML tags used in websites.
For instance, in the line
Code:

there are three tags "category", "pattern" and "template". The text between "<pattern>" and "</pattern> is the sentence you write to Usagi-bot, and the text between "<template>" and "</template>" is Usagi-bot's answer.

So if you make a post here:
Quote:
I love Mamoru

the bot will reply, each and every time:
Usagi wrote:
No way. Mamoru is mine.

That's the basic gist of it. To make Usagi-bot sprout new sentences, you must change the line into something like:
Code:
<category><pattern>I LOVE RUBEUS</pattern><template>You are a total yoshi! Rubeus loves no one but himself.</template></category>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:32 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
^ What he said. Asterisk in patterns = any text, so "DID MAMORU *" helps to match a wide range of sentences, like "Did Mamoru steal my kitten?", "Did Mamoru fail again?", etc.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next