Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: SM wand prices
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:23 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 21 months ago
inactive
Does anyone know the original prices for any of the original bandai versions of any of the sailor moon wands/rods/lockets ect? How much were they sold for in Japan when they originally came out? What is a reasonable price to pay for them now? Opinions and any information welcome here! ^_^ thank you!

Post subject: Re: SM wand prices
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:26 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membership
By original do u mean solely made in Japan? I just bought a star locket for $330 made by Bandai but in china not Japan.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:35 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 21 months ago
inactive
Well I mean the original bandai Japan versions. ^_^ but I would be interested to know the prices in other countries as well as the Irwin and world versions.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:18 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 23 months ago
inactive
I have no idea about original prices when they came out (I could probably check the backs of my boxes because I think some of them are listed). I am pretty sure the Eternal Tier was somewhere around 3500 yen. I think that one is pictured on the back of the boxes for the other parts. I could check when I get home if I remember to look. Of course, the yen to dollar rate was a lot different then...

As for wand prices now, they fluctuate a lot based on version and condition, but original Japanese versions in pretty good condition with the boxes here's sort of a 'good price' range:
Moon Stick - haven't seen an original Japanese one for sale for a while, but the US/Canada release ones are going for around $50-75 so I assume it would go for at least $100-150.
Cutie Moon Rod - I just bought a Japanese Cutie Moon Rod for about $200. I've rarely see them for sale (they have the gold star buttons on the front. Many people mistake the Bandai Asia one for the Japanese one. That version typically sells for around $90-100.)
Spiral Heart Rod - Again, haven't really seen the original Japanese one for sale lately but the Irwin ones have been going for $120-170 so I'm guessing an original Japanese one would go for at least $200.
Kaleidomoon Scope - At least $100-125, could go more in auction
Eternal Tier - just the Tier itself (not the other two parts) probably $150-200.

There's also world versions of these wands that are original Japanese releases, but the prices can be different (usually higher). The World Moon Stick can easily go for over $300 (most recently for over $500).

I hope that helps ^__^

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:38 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
PinkMoonPrincess wrote:
Well I mean the original bandai Japan versions. ^_^ but I would be interested to know the prices in other countries as well as the Irwin and world versions.

Well for the Bandai Japan Gold Star Locket 1992/1995, those sell for $600+ in very good to mint condition. You can expect it to be more if it's mint.

I bought my gold star locket about a week ago for $330. It was listed as a mint condition locket and has never been taken out of the box. The box says Bandai Made in China 1994.

I know most star lockets sell between $300-800 depending where and when it was made.
Here's a guide to tell you what kinds there are: http://blog.sailorastera.com/2011/04/st ... ocket.html

Any locket that wasn't made in Japan, you can most likely find it for cheaper than $600.
I wouldn't pay more than $400 for a locket that wasn't the original Japan version. That's just me though. xD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:55 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
My world crescent wand tenth anniversary in box sold for $300+.

But I bought two (both had to be resold due to lifes bills) for $600 &$700 apiece.

My Irwin crescent wand new was ninety.

Italian crescent wand newly made $50.00

Crescent wand multiple rings: (forget make) about $75.00-$300.00 depending on bids or condition.

Cutie moon rod light blue boxed (unfortunately some people pay more just by box color) about $35-$150.00. Same with yellow box. From used to new.

First season pink brooch: $50.00+. Though I would only pay fifty maybe sixty new in box. Used is a lot cheaper.

Star locket: different versions vary but between $150 {if your lucky) and $800.00.

Pink star locket last sold for prices of $1000.00 and $3400.00. Since it is rarely seen.

Lip rods: Neptune and uranus in box rarely sell for less than $1200ish now but I would only pay five hundred.
Plutos maximum I would pay is $800.00 but would prefer six hundred.

Heart rod ranges between $75-$250.00 on occasion. Sometimes more but very rarely.

Cosmic heart locket used ranges between $150.00{really damaged)-$500.00+. {in very rare cases) mainly $400.00 I would pay if brand new still sealed.

Star brooch $300.00 or below. Very rare cases higher. Thats usually new in box. Used much cheaper.

Kaleidomoonscope: $150-$200.00 tops recently sold new for a lucky $75.00 on ebay.

And I have been watching for prices. They vary quite a bit.

Hope this is helpful. If you are very patient youll find cheap.

Someone sold a damaged cosmic heart for $150.00 recently I think.

"Don't eat that cake!"

To View my Sailor moon Collection-
http://www.myspace.com/demon_goddess/ph ... on/3688870

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:12 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
From last year to the about half or less of this year all my wands ranged between $60-$100.00 and they were from ebay.

Though watch them on and off, a kaleidoscope wand loose went for about $150.00 or so and others that are loose ranged from there.
Unless you purchase those 'Buy Now' for $200.00 plus. Just got to watch them but now there is more people purchasing wands ^^

The brooches are the ones that are hard to get ^^

Though about a month ago I did get the star locket bandai asia korea for $150 loose. Not on ebay ^^
Max that I see those go is $350.00 loose and a boxed one $600.00.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:48 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: CLAMP PR
What is the difference between Bandai products made in Japan and China? They all look the same to me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:16 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Lantis wrote:
What is the difference between Bandai products made in Japan and China? They all look the same to me.

They have subtle differences. Colors ideas. Sometimes sound.

Take the star locket for example: most are silver but the japanese is more gold (unless u get pink).

Bandai mars and mercury nailpolish wands one set is dark red and blue another is light blue and red with pinkish tones.
Jupiter and venus dark yellow and green versus light colors again.
Also different placements.

Usually nothing major. :)

Hope this helps!

"Don't eat that cake!"

To View my Sailor moon Collection-
http://www.myspace.com/demon_goddess/ph ... on/3688870

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:17 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 23 months ago
inactive
All of the Star Lockets are gold, some are just a little less saturated. Here's a detailed break down of the versions, minus the new necklace which I haven't added yet: http://blog.sailorastera.com/2011/04/st ... ocket.html

The battery covers and copyright info are different on the different versions. There's other changes, too. Cutie Moon Rod has gold buttons on the Japanese version and pink/red on all others. Things like that.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]