Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon bootleg thread.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:48 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Umino wrote:
Question!

Spotting bootlegs seems like a bit trickier nowadays. Philadelphia's Chinatown has a ton of Sailor Moon stuff across different specialty shops. We have a Sanrio store that has a mixture of bootleg, and authentic merchandise. There is one store that has a lot of DBZ and Sailor Moon figures, but none of them have the official Toei Animation sticker. Is it safe to assume they're not legit?

That's pretty fishy, I'd say.

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:08 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Umino wrote:
Question!

Spotting bootlegs seems like a bit trickier nowadays. Philadelphia's Chinatown has a ton of Sailor Moon stuff across different specialty shops. We have a Sanrio store that has a mixture of bootleg, and authentic merchandise. There is one store that has a lot of DBZ and Sailor Moon figures, but none of them have the official Toei Animation sticker. Is it safe to assume they're not legit?

If it's new merchandise (ie: not from the really early 90s) without a Toei sticker, it's bootleg. If it's out of box and you're trying to tell if something is a bootleg, there is a few ways - though it depends on which product you're looking at. The normal figuarts have painted joints and brighter colors (for example), and the figuart zeros should have TK stamped onto the bottom (and the bootlegs often have stuff like stray paint and dirt, messy figure molding at parts, etc).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:33 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Here are some of the figures in question:

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 79 KiB | Viewed 1737 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 70.54 KiB | Viewed 1758 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:45 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Yeah...those are totally bootleg. They don't even have the Bandai and Tamashii Nations logos.

We stand in awe at that which cannot be seen - Rukia Kuchiki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:31 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
kikyo hino wrote:
Yeah...those are totally bootleg. They don't even have the Bandai and Tamashii Nations logos.

Makes me sad how bootlegs are actually in the common market and not just online. It's not surprising, by any means - just disappointing. I went to a store in the Chicago Mall and I think most of the plushies there were all bootlegs. They had Sailor Moon bootlegs, along with what I believe where a bunch of Mario bootlegs - none of them had San-ei on their tags, and their quality looked terrible. Sad thing is if I remember correctly, said plushies weren't exactly cheaply priced either - I think it was like $20? (Not sure about the SM ones, no pricetag that I could see, which really ticks me off in a store...)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:23 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
They post bootlegs all over facebook as well. A friend of mine tagged with a Sailor Mercury Figuarts Zero (which I don't collect as i prefer the Crystal editions) but when i saw the price, it was way too low for the figure plus the box clearly doesn't have the holographic toei sticker :P

Haven't seen a bootleg of the latest figuarts (pluto, sailor v) though i think one will pop up sooner or later.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:35 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
Other: Submarine Reflection
Bootlegs can be fun. I will buy good quality bootlegs that look just as good as an official product...some of the items sold are not true bootlegs, but maybe didn't pass quality control so are taken and sold off cheaper, I've only ever had Petitchara bootlegs. They were pretty excellent quality as well. I compared them to an official one, and you really couldn't tell the difference. I sold off my sailor moon collection months ago, but I kept the little bootlegs of my Petitchara's...I quite like them lol. You can see them in the pics I posted before here... viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1539&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=4860 :innocent:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:22 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
Hi everyone, I'm new and I need your help. Yesterday I bought this sailor moon sh figuarts zero but I'm afraid that it's a bootleg. I watched some reviews and pictures but I can't figure out if it's real or not. The box it's different from the one that it's supposed to be real but the figures comes with this papers that usually comes with the real one and even the base has the copyright number ( I don't know if it's copyright number but when I watched a video review a girl called it copyright so...). I will post all the pictures and I hope someone can help me. Also sorry for my bad english. (Sorry but I had to make a collage of all the pictures, I hope you can see )

Attachments:
pixlr_20170602191909461.jpg
pixlr_20170602191909461.jpg [ 56.15 KiB | Viewed 653 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:37 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
Please post pictures of funny bootlegs. :keke:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:26 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
loli_corn wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm new and I need your help. Yesterday I bought this sailor moon sh figuarts zero but I'm afraid that it's a bootleg. I watched some reviews and pictures but I can't figure out if it's real or not. The box it's different from the one that it's supposed to be real but the figures comes with this papers that usually comes with the real one and even the base has the copyright number ( I don't know if it's copyright number but when I watched a video review a girl called it copyright so...). I will post all the pictures and I hope someone can help me. Also sorry for my bad english. (Sorry but I had to make a collage of all the pictures, I hope you can see )

Looks like it's a Chinese version of the product, hence it's still genuine & not a bootleg, only that it's (supposed to be) for sales in China. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:32 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
loli_corn wrote:

Looks like it's a Chinese version of the product, hence it's still genuine & not a bootleg, only that it's (supposed to be) for sales in China. :)

Thanks for the answer :love: , I feel better now :happy:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:36 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
Clow wrote:
Please post pictures of funny bootlegs. :keke:

I agree. These bootleg pictures are off-the-wall, bust-your-gut funny! ^_^ :keke: :lol: :cackle: