* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Jlist or CDjapan?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:52 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 15 months ago
inactive
Hello. Which site do you prefer: Jlist or CDjapan? I've only used Jlist and have always had good experiences but I noticed that a lot of the prices of Sailor Moon merch on CDjapan are a lot cheaper. Is there a catch? (Fees, extra shipping, unreliable preorders, etc?) Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Jlist or CDjapan?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:15 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
blueroseglitter wrote:
Hello. Which site do you prefer: Jlist or CDjapan? I've used Jlist only and have always had good experiences but I noticed that a lot of the prices of Sailor Moon merch on CDjapan are a lot cheaper. Is there a catch? (Fees, extra shipping, unreliable preorders, etc?) Thanks!

CD Japan is better in my opinion. Much less expensive, whereas JList is often over-priced even on cheap stuff. Also I don't know about JList (I didn't notice if they do it), but CD Japan gives you points on your purchases and on your birthday. It's been only relatively recently in which they let you accumulate points from year to year. The points can be redeemed for price reductions on later purchases. I think CD Japan's shipping from overseas is also reasonable.

I've never had a problem with CD Japan. They had the lowest price on the recent Sailor Moon CD that came out, too. I have ordered only once from JList, but for most things, I would check CD Japan first.

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:33 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I also prefer CD Japan. They have pretty good prices. J-list tends to be overpriced on a lot of merchandise.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:26 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
Other: Demonic Flower Cat
blueroseglitter wrote:
Hello. Which site do you prefer: Jlist or CDjapan? I've only used Jlist and have always had good experiences but I noticed that a lot of the prices of Sailor Moon merch on CDjapan are a lot cheaper. Is there a catch? (Fees, extra shipping, unreliable preorders, etc?) Thanks!

CDJapan's prices are much more fair and do not continue to accept preorders after they go passed the amount they ordered.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:10 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 15 months ago
inactive
Thanks for the advice, everyone! Okay, so CD Japan it is for me from now on, unless Jlist happens to have something they don't. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:07 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 38 months ago
inactive
Just chiming in that I agree! Always CDJapan for me unless JList has something I want that CDJapan doesn't have.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:06 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 40 months ago
inactive
The only problem I've had with CD Japan was that they way overcharged me on the shipping when I pre-ordered the first set of the new plushes...they did give me a store credit though although i need to get it to show up on my account since i didn't start off with an account with them originally (which i should email them about, oh and their customer service is really good too! They always got back to me within a couple days at most). After the "refund" they were cheaper than J-list, also half the time if you want for items to show up on ebay they're being sold for less than j-list (found this out with the tuxedo mask figures...could of saved about $5 >.>)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:48 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I think they're both decent, though JList seem to sometimes stock items that CDJapan doesn't. I would just check out both, compare prices and see how you find their services :)

Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:01 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 14 months ago
inactive
cdjapan is much better than jlist but the only issue with cdjapan is their shipping is kinda high compared to most places like amiami and so forth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:16 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 26 months ago
inactive
Other: Nerd
I don't think I've used JList before, but I also agree with CDJapan. Haven't ordered from them in a few years, but I've never had any problems with them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:44 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
Jlist is good for some items. Shipping is very decent
XD japan is cheaper and decent too.

However:
CDJAPAN has a main issue of shipping. They will charge you one price then demand more through an email before shipping because they "calculated wrong". I know several buyers who have had this issue and have actually cancelled orders because their customer service is bad with that.

They can be decent. Just make sure that if they do ask you for more, you decide from there ( these haven't been five or ten dollar incidents either. They've been $25 and up additional, issues).

Each place to order has their issues though Jlist doesn't try to get more shipping.

They BOTH have point systems for purchases.
It's really up to the preference you want.
They both cancel orders if they went over by accident.

So you get 50/50 with them

"Don't eat that cake!"

To View my Sailor moon Collection-
http://www.myspace.com/demon_goddess/ph ... on/3688870

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:28 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 38 months ago
inactive
Ugh, just had my first item cancellation from JList and was reminded of this thread.
I never used them before unless I had to, and I think that's still a good plan...
They tried to blame the reason on the manufacturer not supplying enough of the item... they said there were 2 runs of the keychains I wanted and there weren't enough of either to fill their orders.
Mmhmm... maybe you shouldn't have promised so many pre-orders?
It irks me because I'm pretty sure I was among the first to pre-order these keychains... I was anticipating them and jumped on them as soon as they were available on the site. So did only the people who ordered last get them or was it random?
Not amused.