* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:31 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
TwinBee Hypno wrote:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-10-07/sailor-moon-crystal-gets-feminine-hygiene-products/.79641 This was the first page I read this morning, Maybe getting hungover isn't such a good idea. I know Sailor moon is made for girls but it just seems wrong, When have you ever seen Wonderwoman or MLP tampons? Seriously it just seems inappropriate, Out of all the anime official merchandise I've seen, This has to be by a thousand light years the weirdest.

It's Japan, what do you expect? Lol I mean when I was there I saw Doraemon toilet paper!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:48 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 26 months ago
inactive
Chibimoon wrote:
TwinBee Hypno wrote:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-10-07/sailor-moon-crystal-gets-feminine-hygiene-products/.79641 This was the first page I read this morning, Maybe getting hungover isn't such a good idea. I know Sailor moon is made for girls but it just seems wrong, When have you ever seen Wonderwoman or MLP tampons? Seriously it just seems inappropriate, Out of all the anime official merchandise I've seen, This has to be by a thousand light years the weirdest.

It's Japan, what do you expect? Lol I mean when I was there I saw Doraemon toilet paper!

I want to use that paper :P
I'm actually not surprised by that, Doraemon is extremely popular.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:51 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Male straight
Japan isn't even in its final form! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/1 ... 61161.html NSFW!!!

Last edited by TESTAMENT on Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:03 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I need a shirt, dammit!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:06 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
HeartWarrior wrote:
I need a shirt, dammit!

You've been posting on here, half-naked (?)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:15 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: Male straight
I want a Sailor moon encyclopedia! And a new Sailor moon fighting game! But the thing I want the most is a much cheaper moonstick..I'd use it as a weapon during matches!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:18 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorWelshy wrote:
HeartWarrior wrote:
I need a shirt, dammit!

You've been posting on here, half-naked (?)

Lmaoz! Funny... a SM Crystal shirt, obviously. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:23 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 32 months ago
inactive
Am I the only one who thinks the SMC merch so far has been laughable? Notebooks, clear files, posters, glasses, cheap looking purse mirrors, lunchboxes and rubber phone charms. Plus a set of weird looking tiara rings and a brooch pendant (which so far is the only piece that makes sense, along with the earrings - although still obscenely overpriced). The old anime has been getting scale figures, articulated figures, prize figures and tiny chibi figures, Pullip dolls, plushies, pretty detailed die-cast charms, cameo charms, and all sorts of cool gashapon from the compact mirrors set to the new transformation wand sets, to the water-globes. Some of the merch done for old anime could've been oriented towards Crystal: the cameos would've even fit Crystal, stylistically speaking, better. Then some of those figures like the Banpresto 16cm prizes or the Atsumete chibis, could've been for Crystal... And the gashapon could be for the girls' transformation pens (or heck, even the pen set on Premium Bandai could've been for Crystal instead of the old anime). Or the Pullip dolls... They announced a Serenity yesterday and she's beautiful but sadly her dress is modeled after the old anime. Or I don't know, maybe just things modeled after these releases, but separate from them. Not to even mention the fact that it would be a nice moment to announce Proplica (or whatever other replica line) versions of the "Crystal" Moon Stick and the pocket-watch. And even Usagi's brooch. This is the kind of merchandise I was looking forward to, not clear files and stickers and melamine glasses with the eyecatches printed on them

So far all they've been doing is print a certain set of drawings of the characters on a bunch of stuff. The only things that have not been "prints" are the jewelry, and those require a very high budget.

EDIT: Oh and as for the maxi pads... They're also in the "let's print stuff on stuff" category. But while they're initially hilarious, I don't find them inappropriate. You wouldn't think that a band-aid is inappropriate. It's a health and hygiene item - nothing shameful or perverse! And they're probably targeted at younger girls... goodness knows it never hurts to make the stuff look more friendly for someone who just got their periods ^_^'. I mean, it's a scary experience already, even without all the "adult-oriented" talks and items (things that until then you only saw your mother buy for herself).

(my previous username is Silver)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:04 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 20 months ago
inactive
Other: Rose Queen
There's nothing inappropriate about feminine hygiene products. I don't get why people get all worked up about them when they are as ordinary and necessary as underwear, soap, toothpaste, what have you. I don't want to sound all preachy, but really... there's no need for women to feel embarrassed about something so natural that we can't control.

I don't feel the need to buy themed tampons or maxi-pads, but the fact that they exist isn't something shameful.