* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Toys?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:29 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
Since this new revival of the show both old and new, will we be seeing new dolls in the toy department like Bandai released years ago? I'd love to see a 5-pack with all the Scouts like other 5 pack sets of dolls out there. :)

Post subject: Re: New Toys?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:17 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
Kind of hard to say right now. They seem to be marketing most of the 20th Anniversary toys and collectibles to older fans who were there for the original series, and the new series is also designed to target that same fandom, so...

I mean, we've already got the figuarts, figuart zeros and the Pullip Dolls... Oh, and the Tamashii Buddies and blindbox figurines... Clearly they're not averse to the idea of selling figures, but they all seem to be on the higher end or are meant to be collected. Doesn't seem like they're really approaching dolls that are meant to be played with like in the 90s.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:32 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
foenyanko wrote:
Doesn't seem like they're really approaching dolls that are meant to be played with like in the 90s.

A lot of industries are also doing this.

Unless you're TMNT or Star Wars, you'll hardly see a toy from a show meant to be played with nowadays.

Seriously in my local Tesco, (a supermarket) the toys are nothing but Turtles. No other franchises.

A lot of merchandises these days cater to adults, they are elements for children as well, but it's mostly for adults.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:06 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 32 months ago
inactive
And, Disney, don't forget Disney. Actually the Disney characters suffer from the exact opposite problem: there's times when you can't find a single decent collectible amongst the ton of kids' toys. But... it's Disney, that's where they get most of their money, so I can't really blame them :lol:

(my previous username is Silver)