Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:04 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Are these DVDs legit or just highly impressive bootlegs?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:35 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
User avatar
Years of membership
Joined: May 14, 2016
Posts: 68
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sailor-Moon-S-Se ... 2220325689

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sailor-Moon-S-Se ... 2730382246

I'm almost sure that they're bootlegs, but I'm not very good at being able to tell.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are these DVDs legit or just highly impressive bootlegs?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:20 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Oct 12, 2016
Posts: 353
Location: planet of water
Gender: female
Mmm they do seem legit to me, they even have the official Toei logo on the back and they look like they contain bonus art cards and the listing states that there's also other bonus content on the discs, so they definitely seem like legit releases. All the bootleg DVDs I've seen are not even nearly this fancy, most bootlegs tend to have bad quality graphics or spelling mistakes and they almost always never have any bonus content.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are these DVDs legit or just highly impressive bootlegs?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:49 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
User avatar
Years of membership
Joined: May 14, 2016
Posts: 68
SailorLinda1 wrote:
Mmm they do seem legit to me, they even have the official Toei logo on the back and they look like they contain bonus art cards and the listing states that there's also other bonus content on the discs, so they definitely seem like legit releases. All the bootleg DVDs I've seen are not even nearly this fancy, most bootlegs tend to have bad quality graphics or spelling mistakes and they almost always never have any bonus content.


That's what I thought, but I've NEVER seen releases of the Dic dub in only two cases before. Ever. I wish there was a way to know...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are these DVDs legit or just highly impressive bootlegs?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:57 am 
Planeta
Planeta
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 29, 2012
Posts: 3353
Gender: male
Other: CLAMP PR
I have seen bootlegs that looked more impressive than legit releases.

_________________
Visit Clow's shop


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are these DVDs legit or just highly impressive bootlegs?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:29 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Oct 12, 2016
Posts: 353
Location: planet of water
Gender: female
crescent wrote:
That's what I thought, but I've NEVER seen releases of the Dic dub in only two cases before. Ever. I wish there was a way to know...


Well considering those DVDs are for the Death Busters arc which was dubbed by Cloverway instead and released by Pioneer, and DiC stopped dubbing SM after R, the releases are bound to be different, different video publishing companies tend to release their products differently. So it's possible Pioneer released their DVDs in only 2 volumes. And if you look closely, on the top left corner on the front graphics there's a word printed on it, the letters are too small for me to make out definitively, but it seems to me like the word is "Pioneer". So that's another reason why I think those DVDs are probably legit. However I'm still not 100% sure though.
Why not just ask the seller if these DVDs are legit? Have you contacted the seller yet?

Btw the first 2 seasons of the 90s anime were released by ADV, in case you didn't know.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are these DVDs legit or just highly impressive bootlegs?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:20 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 16, 2003
Posts: 1252
Location: E-5 (I have a full scale US map)
crescent wrote:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sailor-Moon-S-Se ... 2220325689

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sailor-Moon-S-Se ... 2730382246

I'm almost sure that they're bootlegs, but I'm not very good at being able to tell.


They are bootleg. Sailor Moon S took more than 6 DVDs to get itself released by Pioneer / Geneon.

[Edited by Rika-moth to fix the page-breaking problem caused by the 1st link in the quote.]

_________________
I know so little, but at least I know it fluently!

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Moonies browsing this forum: No registered moonies and 4 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB

contact forum administrator