Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Are these DVDs legit or just highly impressive bootlegs?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:35 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sailor-Moon-S-Se ... 2220325689

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sailor-Moon-S-Se ... 2730382246

I'm almost sure that they're bootlegs, but I'm not very good at being able to tell.

Post subject: Re: Are these DVDs legit or just highly impressive bootlegs?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:20 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
Mmm they do seem legit to me, they even have the official Toei logo on the back and they look like they contain bonus art cards and the listing states that there's also other bonus content on the discs, so they definitely seem like legit releases. All the bootleg DVDs I've seen are not even nearly this fancy, most bootlegs tend to have bad quality graphics or spelling mistakes and they almost always never have any bonus content.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:49 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
SailorLinda1 wrote:
Mmm they do seem legit to me, they even have the official Toei logo on the back and they look like they contain bonus art cards and the listing states that there's also other bonus content on the discs, so they definitely seem like legit releases. All the bootleg DVDs I've seen are not even nearly this fancy, most bootlegs tend to have bad quality graphics or spelling mistakes and they almost always never have any bonus content.

That's what I thought, but I've NEVER seen releases of the Dic dub in only two cases before. Ever. I wish there was a way to know...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:57 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
I have seen bootlegs that looked more impressive than legit releases.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:29 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
crescent wrote:
That's what I thought, but I've NEVER seen releases of the Dic dub in only two cases before. Ever. I wish there was a way to know...

Well considering those DVDs are for the Death Busters arc which was dubbed by Cloverway instead and released by Pioneer, and DiC stopped dubbing SM after R, the releases are bound to be different, different video publishing companies tend to release their products differently. So it's possible Pioneer released their DVDs in only 2 volumes. And if you look closely, on the top left corner on the front graphics there's a word printed on it, the letters are too small for me to make out definitively, but it seems to me like the word is "Pioneer". So that's another reason why I think those DVDs are probably legit. However I'm still not 100% sure though.
Why not just ask the seller if these DVDs are legit? Have you contacted the seller yet?

Btw the first 2 seasons of the 90s anime were released by ADV, in case you didn't know.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:20 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
crescent wrote:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sailor-Moon-S-Se ... 2220325689

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sailor-Moon-S-Se ... 2730382246

I'm almost sure that they're bootlegs, but I'm not very good at being able to tell.

They are bootleg. Sailor Moon S took more than 6 DVDs to get itself released by Pioneer / Geneon.

[Edited by Rika-moth to fix the page-breaking problem caused by the 1st link in the quote.]

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech