Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Why are SM items purchased at such varying prices?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:10 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
I was looking through the sold listings of SM DVDs and...

The ADV boxset for Season 1 went for 550-some dollars (talking Canadian here, probably around 420 USD). Expensive! It was in great condition, and shipping cost around 50.

A page down from that and only a week prior, it was bought for 90. 90! Same condition. No difference, no reason for one to cost so much more than the other. This item popped up several times over the next couple of pages and it was often sold for around 90-150, but sometimes for 200, sometimes for 500...

It isn't a particularly rare item in that it shows up on eBay very often. So why on earth are some people willing to shell out so much money for it?

Post subject: Re: Why are SM items purchased at such varying prices?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:20 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
People overvalue stuff. Plus, on ebay people can ask any price for an item they want, but it doesn't people will always pay for it. :o

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:31 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
NeoQueenSerenity18 wrote:
People overvalue stuff. Plus, on ebay people can ask any price for an item they want, but it doesn't people will always pay for it. :o

I was looking at sold listings though! For example: http://prntscr.com/e6u4vq this is a completed listing and the green writing indicates someone bought and paid for it. Reasonable price, right?

And yet... http://prntscr.com/e6u4mg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:10 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
crescent wrote:
The ADV boxset for Season 1 went for 550-some dollars (talking Canadian here, probably around 420 USD). Expensive! It was in great condition, and shipping cost around 50.

A page down from that and only a week prior, it was bought for 90. 90! Same condition. No difference, no reason for one to cost so much more than the other. This item popped up several times over the next couple of pages and it was often sold for around 90-150, but sometimes for 200, sometimes for 500...

It isn't a particularly rare item in that it shows up on eBay very often. So why on earth are some people willing to shell out so much money for it?

Depends on if the set has the corrected disks. Remember: The ADV sets have an audio error on the 5th disk. In order to replace the disk, for the 1st set ADV requested the entire boxed set be sent in for exchange. In the SMR case, just the disk.

If anyone got the corrected 5th disk, I'd love to know. I have those sets and the previous owner NEVER OPENED THEM, and in turn, never replaced the errant media. Some may value a set with the replaced DVDs more valuable since they might be more rare. Depends on how many people actually did the exchange. I wish I could get the corrected DVDs.

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech