Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Where to buy fandub tapes and other rarities on VHS?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:35 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
I realize I may be 15-20 years late on this, but I'm looking to collect the videotapes of Mark Sprague's and Negavision's fandubs for archival purposes.

And if possible, TV tapes of SuperS, whether that be off of Toonami or YTV.

The tapes I'm looking for were once produced and sold by an individual by the name of Glen in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

https://web-beta.archive.org/web/200111 ... tapes.html

If anyone knows where I can acquire said tapes or if anyone stumbling upon this thread has any of said tapes, drop me line and I can either buy the tapes off of you or simply borrow them for a time.

Thank you for your time.

-Arian

Last edited by Arian on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Where to buy fandub tapes and other rarities on VHS?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:24 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Ah. Yes, Glen Pearce. I remember him. I'm the one who sent him the tape with Tia Browsh on it, listed on that archived page. I wonder if he's since taken it down being this is from the Internet Archive. I hope he's OK. I met him via the Fidonet: Anime echo on a local BBS. Great guy.

I probably have tapes of SuperS off Toonami (in fact, likely all the episodes from S as well), but I've never watched those tapes and they're all in SLP / EP speed. Also remember the broadcast episodes are edited, and one episode from one of those bunches got delayed due to line removal because of a monkey. I don't remember which but I remember reading about it.

I have somewhere a tape of Sailor Moon S episodes (likely the first 4) from a fandub project that I have no idea if they did any more. I forget how I placed my order for the tape. I'm sure it's in a clamshell in one of my shelves... and I got a crap load of tapes.

None of my tapes (where the hell did I put them???) are likely good enough for any kind of copying. Mono and non-HIFI VCR used to record them, plus sketchy cable TV signal. I don't even think they'd transfer to DVD all that well. Tracking issues and all.

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:23 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I have atleast one VHS tape of SuperS episodes from the initial Toonami airing. I have the last few episodes, and possibly "Dreams of Her Own". I'd have to dig through storage.

I have the 17 lost episodes all recorded (with commercials!), as well as some of the last few episodes of S.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:25 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Glen's site moved to fansubs.ca

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:25 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
ChibiBoi wrote:
Glen's site moved to fansubs.ca

I did not know that. Thank you. ^_^