Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:11 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: SH Figuarts Super Sailor Moon No Toei Sticker?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:24 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
Joined: Jun 20, 2017
Posts: 3
Location: California
Hi all,

I bought a Super Sailor Moon figure from Amazon a couple days ago and there is no gold/silver Toei sticker on the box. I have searched everywhere online and there are no cases of bootlegs being out for this figure yet. My figure looks pretty normal compared to others and it was sold directly by Amazon LLC. I found a review of the figure on another website and in their photo the box did not have a sticker either (but the author of the post did not mention it). Are there any other cases of this happening or do I have the first edition bootleg? :orly:

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SH Figuarts Super Sailor Moon No Toei Sticker?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:30 am 
Nebula
Nebula
User avatar
Years of membership
Joined: Nov 12, 2016
Posts: 7626
Location: New New York
Gender: Robot male
Other: In a relationship
Williamdcal wrote:
Hi all,

I bought a Super Sailor Moon figure from Amazon a couple days ago and there is no gold/silver Toei sticker on the box. I have searched everywhere online and there are no cases of bootlegs being out for this figure yet. My figure looks pretty normal compared to others and it was sold directly by Amazon LLC. I found a review of the figure on another website and in their photo the box did not have a sticker either (but the author of the post did not mention it). Are there any other cases of this happening or do I have the first edition bootleg? :orly:

Thanks!


Which one are you referencing? The posable one? Because those ones are usually made by Bandai...

_________________
Image

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SH Figuarts Super Sailor Moon No Toei Sticker?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:33 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
Joined: Jun 20, 2017
Posts: 3
Location: California
TheWinterSoldier91 wrote:

Which one are you referencing? The posable one? Because those ones are usually made by Bandai...



The posable SHFiguarts. The other figures have bootlegs, but this is a relatively newer one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SH Figuarts Super Sailor Moon No Toei Sticker?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:50 am 
Nebula
Nebula
User avatar
Years of membership
Joined: Nov 12, 2016
Posts: 7626
Location: New New York
Gender: Robot male
Other: In a relationship
Williamdcal wrote:
TheWinterSoldier91 wrote:

Which one are you referencing? The posable one? Because those ones are usually made by Bandai...



The posable SHFiguarts. The other figures have bootlegs, but this is a relatively newer one.


No. You aren't the first. There are plenty of bootlegs around. What you can do is return it to Amazon and file the return as product is not what was described.

Also, make sure it is from Bandai. They are the ones who usually are licensed to sell these. There are plenty of companies who try to sell the same stuff, but it is easy to tell.

_________________
Image

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SH Figuarts Super Sailor Moon No Toei Sticker?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:05 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
Joined: Jun 20, 2017
Posts: 3
Location: California
TheWinterSoldier91 wrote:

No. You aren't the first. There are plenty of bootlegs around. What you can do is return it to Amazon and file the return as product is not what was described.

Also, make sure it is from Bandai. They are the ones who usually are licensed to sell these. There are plenty of companies who try to sell the same stuff, but it is easy to tell.


Nothing about the actual figure stands out to me as a fake. I'd hate to go through the trouble of returning her.
Attachment:
IMG_3247.jpg
IMG_3247.jpg [ 40.46 KiB | Viewed 689 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_3250.jpg
IMG_3250.jpg [ 28.88 KiB | Viewed 689 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_3249.jpg
IMG_3249.jpg [ 52.3 KiB | Viewed 689 times ]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SH Figuarts Super Sailor Moon No Toei Sticker?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:44 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 17, 2011
Posts: 40
Location: Minnesota, USA
Gender: Female
Another small possibility is the figure came directly from the manufacturer??-- This happened to me a couple years ago when I contacted Bluefin Tamashii regarding my broken Mercury wrist joint- and they sent me a brand new one but the box itself didn't have the toei stickers or the Bluefin Distribution sticker on the bottom. She is legit as ever!

Your Super Moon looks like the real deal to me. You could always send an email to Amazon about it just to be sure though :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Moonies browsing this forum: No registered moonies and 2 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB

contact forum administrator