Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: What the heck happened with Amazon?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:48 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Rei-volution
My mom has Prime so I was able to pre-order S Part 2 Combo Pack for delivery on the 20th. It randomly went out of stock and didn't arrive until the 26th (still have to watch it, almost done re-watching Part 1). Amazon still says "out of stock" for the combo pack version. It's listed as "back order" with many eBay sellers (though they might be of the Amazon shipper scam variety). Walmart doesn't have it either. Anyone have inside information on why something that isn't a limited edition, anything collectible, and not a hot Christmas toy would be on backorder everywhere the first week it came out?

https://twitter.com/redblade84

Commander-in-Chief of the :rei:volution

Inventor of Chibi Chibi Latin - Learn it here

YKYWTMSMW Compilation Book & Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch/releases

Post subject: Re: What the heck happened with Amazon?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:14 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
I don't know I ordered mine off Amazon and I don't have prime and it still arrived two days later I was shocked

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:31 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Ryo Urawa wrote:
I don't know I ordered mine off Amazon and I don't have prime and it still arrived two days later I was shocked

I'm shocked. I pre-ordered mine from Amazon and it said it was expected to ship the 26th and arrive by the 30th but it still hasn't shipped yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:38 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
That's very strange but Right Stuf still seems to have it in stock. https://www.rightstufanime.com/Sailor-M ... ay-DVD-GWP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:39 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
This is nothing new, I've had to deal with their late shipping with Shout Factory's Super Sentai sets for a while. It started with Kakuranger last year and is still a problem today. The only reason I still buy them there is because they lower the price a few months before release week and because I don't like Shout's "charge after order" policy for pre-orders on their own website.

Back to Amazon, you add this, their failed attempts at changing shipping to companies like Lasership (Lasers*** as I call them because they lost a package of mine and claimed it was delivered and this happened with other people as well) & their own delivery service (which was okay tbh, they even delivered on Sundays), that BS anime service they have now which isn't even that good and requires going through a double paywall (US-only, everyone else only needs Prime to watch them) and the amount of disputes they have been having with WB, Disney, Hachette & other companies over pricing and they're pretty much a joke site now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:56 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
That's very strange but Right Stuf still seems to have it in stock. https://www.rightstufanime.com/Sailor-M ... ay-DVD-GWP

It's so expensive on Rightstuf! When I pre-ordered on Amazon, it was only $48. I see that the price has gone up on Amazon now as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:10 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I had the same issue. Pre-Ordered the Bluray edition and I received confirmation that they had my order and were preparing it to send out. Then on the day of release, they suddenly changed to out of stock and notified me that they were not sure when it would next be available. I ended up canceling my order and picked it up same day at Best Buy. They had it at the same price as Amazon.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:44 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Rei-volution
NJ_ wrote:
that BS anime service they have now which isn't even that good

I signed up to watch Nanoha legally and not only was the "English" audio Japanese, but some episodes weren't subtitled. Amazon blamed the problems on "third party rights holders" who "supplied" it to them. I cancelled before the trial period was over.

https://twitter.com/redblade84

Commander-in-Chief of the :rei:volution

Inventor of Chibi Chibi Latin - Learn it here

YKYWTMSMW Compilation Book & Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch/releases

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:01 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
redblade7 wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
that BS anime service they have now which isn't even that good

I signed up to watch Nanoha legally and not only was the "English" audio Japanese, but some episodes weren't subtitled. Amazon blamed the problems on "third party rights holders" who "supplied" it to them. I cancelled before the trial period was over.

I heard about this, it was previously streamed in the UK & elsewhere and the problems originally started there. It's also ridiculous because they didn't even bother to stream the English dub of seasons 1 & A's.

They're also starting to get more new/upcoming anime lately for simulcast and in some cases, screwing over other companies here in the process (see season 2 of Rage of Bahamut).