Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: General RP Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:56 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
Magus, you know how many horror stories are there about heavy handed railroading DMs?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:40 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 18 months ago
inactive
Boro wrote:
Magus, you know how many horror stories are there about heavy handed railroading DMs?

I am familiar. I've had my fair share of good and bad ones.

At the same time, the whole point of having a DM/GM is because a story is crafted and usually has a specific story to tell and they are the ones to keep things on track.

A good DM/GM is someone who can keep everyone on track without them realizing it, but sometimes it does take some interaction.

Otherwise, why even have a DM/GM? There are two methods; a GM with players, or just contributers. As long as these are defined at the onset, I have no problem with either. I'm assuming that most RPs here are of the latter rather than the former which is why these rules were designed the way they were in the first place.

I just don't like constrictions in a creative environment because it leads to not letting some play the way they want. That's like saying "We're going to play imagination, but your way of playing imagination is wrong". That's different than going "We're going to play imagination, but here are the rules for playing imagination with me".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:02 pm 
inactive
Well, I'm fine with anything as long as it doesn't lead to players becoming passive spectators of the GM's fanfiction.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:41 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Boro... You gave me an absolutely insane idea.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:51 pm 
inactive
Boro wrote:
Well, I'm fine with anything as long as it doesn't lead to players becoming passive spectators of the GM's fanfiction.

This is something I can definitely get behind.

Well said. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:41 pm 
inactive
I'm thinking about dusting down Pluto's world, and starting a campaign in the Northern Kingdom. It's where all men are tall, all fields are green and flowering, banners and flags wave in the west wind, and the waves from the Sea of Storms crash on the shores as far as the eye can see. Further north is the inhospitable tundra and marshlands, home to many a beast that can live in such conditions, and even beyond that, the bravest explorers that returned tell tales of endless fields of snow and ice.

To the East are the snowy peaks of the Glittering Spires, a vast mountain range which is said to protect the world's heart. There lie the ruins of the old dwarven civilization, from which both the proud people of the north and the small folk of the Lakeside descended from. Many a valley hide a fortress (or tomb, as things are nowadays), and empty keeps stand watch atop the mountains. Those that still live there are the tribal Braak, the hardy ram-folk of the mountains, who live in nomadic camps, and the great winged dragons, who rule the mountains from their ice caverns beneath glaciers. The dragons are wielders of magic each, and possess a breath that can freeze even a well-equipped adventurer in his tracks. But for all their power, they are content to live in their ancestral lands, and only rouse from their sleep when their territories are disturbed.

Moving further south, down through the green foothills are vast forestlands that belong to the dwarves, and the orcs. The orcs are boar-men that always lived there, while the dwarves have fled south from their mountains a thousand years ago.

Life in the south is much easier than up in the grim north. Food is ample, and both the quarries in the south and the relatively new mines bring in material for both masonry and crafting, amongst many others. Cities of stone were built around a large lake in the center of the forest, and became the bustling hubs of philosophy and art, as well as a fertile ground for courtly intrigue and petty politics.

Further south, beyond a range of crags and hills, is a barren land of canyons and crags. There live the Gnolls. Unlike the civilized orcs, the gnolls are cruel people, bestial to the extreme. While bipedal, a gnoll has short, disproportionately weak rear legs and a torso identical to any hyena of our world. What they have in their advantage is size: Even compared to the northerners, a gnoll is a foot taller at least, and is considerably bulkier.

The gnolls are held together into an empire by an iron fisted leader known as the Khan. Though oppressive, it was the Khan that led his people across the Sea of Sorrows in the east to build colonies, and it was him who united the warring clans in the first place. And though resources are still scarce, with the influx of goods from the colonies, and the end of needless bloodshed, the life between the canyons is slowly, but surely improving.

North of the colonies, and west from the Lakeside kingdom, is an alliance of orc city-states that dot the northern shores of the sea of sorrows. They prosper from fishing and trading: It is surprising how much a neutral party can ease tensions between two trading partners.

Does any part of this interest any of you?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:47 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Okay, that is a pretty impressive world you got there, Boro...

Now, I just need to remember that insane idea...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:20 pm 
inactive
I'm full of ideas again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:04 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Moon Princess
A suggestion: is it ok to put nsfw in front of an RP if you know some parts of it will involve hentai, sex, violence, etc.?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:09 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I agree with NQS18 however there are times where some people go overboard with the NSFWness... ehem ... YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:21 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: GottaCatch'emAll
As long as whatever is NSFW is labeled as such I think it should be ok

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:20 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
DREWdesu wrote:
I agree with NQS18 however there are times where some people go overboard with the NSFWness... ehem ... YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Who, me?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:47 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm gonna revise the rules and ask for a mod to sticky them since we all seem to agree on them.

Revised RP Section Rules wrote:
If its alright with everyone, I'd like to post a general rules thread for the RPG section. Its nothing too specific, just things that should and shouldn't happen regarding RPGs.

Here are the rules I have decided upon thus far and want to put in that post:

1.) No pretending to be any character, original or otherwise, outside of the RPG Forum. Roleplaying MUST stay within the RPG section, as that is why we have it in the first place, for roleplaying. If you do RP outside this subforum please be reasonable and if you have multiple characters stick with one and feel free to rotate them.

2.) Any game created must adhere to the general forum guidelines, and the Game Master, informally known as GM, must be respectful and try to allow anyone who wishes to play to do so. This is a community and as such, any activity should be available to anyone wishing to participate.

3.) The GM has jurisdiction over his or her RPG. The GM has the right to appoint a co-GM aka a second in command for their RP. All rules set forth within their RPG should be respectful to all members and adhere to the general forum guidelines. Also, the members participating should adhere to the GM's rules and respect his or her decisions regarding it. It's the GM's RPG, so therefore, they say what goes (within reason).

4.) If, for any reason, you'd wish to not participate any further in an established RPG, then please contact the GM so he or she will know, and is able to recast the role(s) you've taken on. If a participant is not able to contact the GM, or doesn't post regarding their role(s) within a set time, the GM has authority to recast the role(s) as he or she sees fit.

5.) If an RPG has run its course, and all participating agree that it has reached an end, then a Moderator may be contacted via PM to lock the thread. This can be done by an agreed upon member, or the GM.

6.) Please finish a RPG before starting another one. If you are currently participating in a RPG and wish to participate in another, please announce that you are officially leaving, or wait until it is finished before starting the new one. And if you can handle more than RP that's great, but don't take on too many and stress yourself out.

7.) If your RP had sex, hentai, violence, nudity, killing, etc. please put NSFW in front of it.

Remember to be polite, respectful and above all else, HAVE FUN!!!

Another fun type of RP is CYOA or choose your own adventure RPs. These require no sign up or commitment, a situation and options are posted and the forum members vote on one or suggest one. It's very fun and easy.

Last edited by NeoQueenSerenity18 on Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:54 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
I thought we were going to revise number 1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:55 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Sailor Swifty wrote:
I thought we were going to revise number 1

I did revise it Swifty. :wink: Go look.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:00 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
oh, I see you did fix it..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:04 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Sailor Swifty wrote:
oh, I see you did fix it..

Now all we need is for a mod to sticky it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:16 pm 
inactive
I thought #6 was also going to be revised?

Since there isn't a large pool of members that RP much, it seems that for larger RPs you get locked in and can't do anything else. I think this would either kill a lot of RPs prematurely while some people want to go to another, or it may prevent new RPs from getting off the ground because people don't want to leave their current one.

If there was a deluge of RPs, I could understand this one, but looking at the fact that not many topics get activity in here...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:22 pm 
inactive
It's been fixed since then. Rule 6 has been lessened to a reminder and warning, so one can play in multiple RP if he or she has the stamina and creative juices for it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:31 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Thanks for number 6 It's much more fair for everyone now

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:43 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Mysterious Rose wrote:
Thanks for number 6 It's much more fair for everyone now

No problem, I made a lot of edits. :keke:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:01 pm 
inactive
I can get behind these.

And sorry for being a bit of a pain, especially when I'm not actively RP'ing. ^_^'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:05 pm 
inactive
Good criticism is never a pain.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:58 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 8 months ago
inactive
Other: Gay.
Erhm... anyone want to do a Kingdom Hearts RP? I promise, I'll keep PV in line.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:59 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Tam Crystalwolf wrote:

:innocent:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:59 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Tam Crystalwolf wrote:

I got to admit I'm interested in the idea but I'll need more details first before making any decisions

I wonder if I could play a final fantasy character like zidane or something :P
He is a skirt chaser :mischief:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:56 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Mysterious Rose wrote:
Tam Crystalwolf wrote:

I got to admit I'm interested in the idea but I'll need more details first before making any decisions

yes.
yes you could.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:54 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 8 months ago
inactive
Other: Gay.
Mysterious Rose wrote:
Tam Crystalwolf wrote:

I was thinking that it would be where everyone chooses a character besides Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku, Ventus, etc. Set somewhat during and after DDD, depending on how many players we get, each person would have a team of three (filling up how the typical Kingdom Hearts system worked). Alternatively, if only three people join, we each take a position of the three man team. We would visit many worlds in preparation of Xehanort's attack. We aren't keybladers, but we can set defenses...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:47 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Oh my god... I just remembered it. The most insane idea ever. If it could be pulled off, it would be... Incredible.

An RP, intercontinuity crossover... Dark Side of the Moon, We are the Sailor Guardians (along with possibly DREW's other RP), SMxEVA, possibly SerenityxPrince (At the very least, the dynamic power duo of Rose and Terra could make an appearance.)

There will be an overarching story... But it will be divided into chapters/scenarios. And here's the kicker... There is no "one" GM. The GM changes by the scenario. For a scenario taking place in the We Are the Sailor Guardians universe, DREW will be GM. SMxEVA, NQS18 will be GM, you get the picture. The GM is in charge of all NPCs of their origin universe.

I am sort of the, "sub-GM" who keeps the scenarios connected and the story flowing from scenario or scenario.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:10 pm 
inactive
Sorry, not digging the multi-mega crossover concept. Besides, why do them when you can build a "derivative" world where the main concepts exist, but in a different, more unified form.

I strongly suggest you look up MetaQuest over at suptg.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next