Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: General RP Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:16 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
Other: Gay.
If a mod could sticky this thread, that'd be great, thanks.
Here is where we talk about ideas on what RP's to make, storylines, and other such stuff. I kinda think this section needs it.

Post subject: Re: General RP Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:23 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Don'tForget 3~OCT~11
awesome idea it's necessary to get ourselves better organized if we want our RP's to be successful :o

and just a quick notice mine should be back [assuming I have no issues between now and then] some point in October if not that first week and if for whatever reason I can't I'll say so here and/or the discussion thread for my RP

Last edited by Prince Rose on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:27 am 
inactive
Awesome. I've been looking forward to it. I might change out one of my characters.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:31 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
of course, if there's anything you wanna update for the RP like adding your own episode story/characters etc, [and yes everyone participating in my RP can do the same] you should this is a good time to come up with those

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:33 am 
inactive
Cool. I'll try and come up with something tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:08 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
I'm one of the few that would love to get in on some of the RPs, but not only am I incapable to adapting to the styles of existing characters (couldn't write worth crap in-character for any characters that aren't completely mine), but I have difficulty writing/reading anything other than something fleshed out (prose is difficulty for me surprisingly enough) and I don't think I could keep up with the story.

Although, I will admit it is fun reading the RPs going on right now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:13 pm 
inactive
I'm planning an RP that you can use original characters, Magus. Maybe you can join that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:59 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Well I have an idea for an RP which will have canon characters ONLY. A Silver Millenium AU.

I don't know whether it seems logical in the SMU and whether Serenity would actually do that when she was already head over heels.

What if the Silver Millenium tragedy didn’t happen the way it did. What if Princess Serenity decided for the sake of her planet that she was to give Endymion away to Beryl?

Prince Serenity gave away Endymion for the sake of the prosperity of her home and Royal Court. As an additional sacrifice that was not known to Princess Serenity, the Dark Kingdom invaded and claimed the Silver Millenium. As a result, Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity and the Seven Princesses of the royal court are reduced to slaves for the Dark Kingdom. However, what happens when Usagi Tsukino swap universes with Princess Serenity and lives amongst the slaves.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:15 pm 
inactive
That sounds awesome. I would so want to be Usagi in that RP.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:30 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 15 months ago
inactive
DREWdesu wrote:
Well I have an idea for an RP which will have canon characters ONLY. A Silver Millenium AU.

I don't know whether it seems logical in the SMU and whether Serenity would actually do that when she was already head over heels.

What if the Silver Millenium tragedy didn’t happen the way it did. What if Princess Serenity decided for the sake of her planet that she was to give Endymion away to Beryl?

Prince Serenity gave away Endymion for the sake of the prosperity of her home and Royal Court. As an additional sacrifice that was not known to Princess Serenity, the Dark Kingdom invaded and claimed the Silver Millenium. As a result, Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity and the Seven Princesses of the royal court are reduced to slaves for the Dark Kingdom. However, what happens when Usagi Tsukino swap universes with Princess Serenity and lives amongst the slaves.

I'd participate in that as well. Though dunno which character I would be.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:34 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
DREWdesu wrote:

Prince Serenity gave away Endymion for the sake of the prosperity of her home and Royal Court. As an additional sacrifice that was not known to Princess Serenity, the Dark Kingdom invaded and claimed the Silver Millenium. As a result, Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity and the Seven Princesses of the royal court are reduced to slaves for the Dark Kingdom. However, what happens when Usagi Tsukino swaps universes with Princess Serenity and lives amongst the slaves.

Dear DREWdesu,

We were not aware of the existence of such a universe until you mentioned it. We would like to thank you for your contribution to our plan, as getting any one of those people to be a vessel for Vanitas will be child's play. We are grateful for your unwitting contribution, and making things so much easier for us.

Sincerely, Young Xehanort.

P.S As PV's iPad is currently all screwy, he will not be around until late Friday. At best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:39 pm 
inactive
Princess Venus wrote:
DREWdesu wrote:

Prince Serenity gave away Endymion for the sake of the prosperity of her home and Royal Court. As an additional sacrifice that was not known to Princess Serenity, the Dark Kingdom invaded and claimed the Silver Millenium. As a result, Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity and the Seven Princesses of the royal court are reduced to slaves for the Dark Kingdom. However, what happens when Usagi Tsukino swaps universes with Princess Serenity and lives amongst the slaves.

Dear DREWdesu,

We were not aware of the existence of such a universe until you mentioned it. We would like to thank you for your contribution to our plan, as getting any one of those people to be a vessel for Vanitas will be child's play. We are grateful for your unwitting contribution, and making things so much easier for us.

Sincerely, Young Xehanort.

P.S As PV's iPad is currently all screwy, he will not be around until late Friday. At best.

Except you can't use them. >>
Why don't you make a Kingdom Hearts crossover without Sailor Moon or something?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:57 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Okami Bito wrote:
Why don't you make a Kingdom Hearts crossover without Sailor Moon or something?

Sam & Max have just given me an idea...

Sora. Shadow. Police officers/Detectives who take the cases others back down on.

I'm... Pretty sure it'll be mostly AU.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:02 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Moon Princess
I have an idea for a RP. I wanna do a Sailor Moon x Neon Genesis Evangelion crossover. I wanna have Asuka and Rei be Sailor Senshi and have Shinji be like Tuxedo Mask. If anyone could help me come up with a plot that would be great.

Post subject: DSoTM preview: Eggman & the Sailor Zodiacs
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:48 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Eggman: I outfit you with the best weapons I can invent, give you the best cybernetic enhancements to increase your already formidable abilities, took all twelve of you to see Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and at one of those expensive, fancy theaters with the waiters no less-

Sailor Leo: They gave me sliders with pickles. I hate pickles! But the booze was good though.

Sailor Aries F*** Team Gale and Team Peeta, KatnissxJohanna FOR LIFE!

Sailor Cancer: P-poor Katniss... *sniff*

Sailor Gemini: It was a great movie adaptation. It captured the emotion of the book very well.

Eggman: And afterwards, I bought you milkshakes, ice cream, and expensive sweets, took you out for pizza, paid your student loans-

Sailor Leo: We have those?

Sailor Gemini: I do. Online classes.

Eggman: I EVEN MADE YOU A GIANT SANDWICH! And you still disappoint me... (Takes out a device with a Crystal inside it.)

Usagi: SAILOR MOON-

Tails: Usagi, no!

Dark Moon: That thing in his hand is-

Usagi: KICK! (She kicks the device out of his hand.)

Sonic: AND IT'S... (Jumps after it, and then kicks it into the horizon) GOOOOOOONE!

Eggman: That was a mistake...

Sonic: Whatever! When is it a mistake to take your toys away?

Eggman: When it's the only thing keeping twelve Zodiac Senshi from going completely out of control and causing absolute chaos throughout the galaxy, you moronic hedgehog!

The deadliest enemies yet cause a desperate alliance!

Luna: You really think we're gonna just forget everything you've done?! All the trouble you've caused?

Vanitas: Having to deal with you isn't my idea of fun either, but here we are!

Usagi: Stop arguing with him! We need all the help we can get against these Senshi!

Dark Side of the Moon: returning sometime during the Christmas Break. Or before then.

Last edited by Princess Venus on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:06 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
The sanctity of this place has been fouled.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:14 pm 
inactive
Ignore him. I do.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:33 pm 
inactive
Princess, I really suggest that you drop the SM part and find an AdEva campaign to join.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:07 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Moon Princess
Boro wrote:
Princess, I really suggest that you drop the SM part and find an AdEva campaign to join.

I don't know what AdEva is, mate. :/ Also, I might as well write this out as a fanfic. :P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:38 pm 
inactive
Adeptus Evangelion. A homebrew modification of the Warhammer 40000 Dark Heresy roleplaying game.

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Adeptus_Evangelion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:11 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
Ummm are there rules for someone who's never RPed before? I tried once but the other person who responded went really sexual and I got really uncomfortable really fast ^_^' lol. And then he started spamming me every day for like a year looking for nudes -.- ugh.

i'm going to name you after the bravest woman i know, and also the coolest and the smartest. usagi. my little tiny usagi. small lady usagi. im a great mom.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:41 pm 
inactive
Sweet mercy! Have you been playing an E(rotic)RP?

In general, there are a lot of possible rule sets. Rules light like d6 basic or microlite20, and heavy simulationist ones like AD&D. There is a Sailor Moon RPG book which is a long read, but where a trained veteran soldier can fill up Wiseman with enough Heavy Machine Gun shots that not even his plot crystal can bring him back. (But defense rolls, and combat in general is broken, so meh)

How would your ideal RPG look like?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:57 pm 
inactive
Boro wrote:

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: Not purposely >.<

Boro wrote:
In general, there are a lot of possible rule sets. Rules light like d6 basic or microlite20, and heavy simulationist ones like AD&D. There is a Sailor Moon RPG book which is a long read, but where a trained veteran soldier can fill up Wiseman with enough Heavy Machine Gun shots that not even his plot crystal can bring him back. (But defense rolls, and combat in general is broken, so meh)

Oh okay. So is there a specific set for the roleplay corner? Or is it a specific set of rules per thread? What are the main things I need to know before I start roleplaying?

Boro wrote:

Umm...I have no idea what you mean? ^_^' I'm sorry. I'm a complete newb >.<

i'm going to name you after the bravest woman i know, and also the coolest and the smartest. usagi. my little tiny usagi. small lady usagi. im a great mom.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:04 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Boro wrote:

So I take it a lesbian Fighter with Cloud's Buster Sword, a level in Sorceror, and a gauntlet crafted from pure science that allows her to make a ballista in the shape of an Arwing using nothing but a dead ranger, and wielded a barkeeper's wife as a deadly weapon would be complete overkill.

Oh, and when trapped in Pinkamena's basement, and about to be cut into peices, she used her science gauntlet to "get a job at the Krusty Krab." It made Pinkamena fail a Sanity check, causing her turn back into regular Pinkie Pie. (I figured I was gonna die, and some dude kept telling me to "think smaller" when I came up with more conventional ideas of escape.)

Yeah, the DM of the session I'm part of doesn't give a s*** about conventional logic.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:15 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Puu-chan wrote:
Ummm are there rules for someone who's never RPed before? I tried once but the other person who responded went really sexual and I got really uncomfortable really fast ^_^' lol. And then he started spamming me every day for like a year looking for nudes -.- ugh.

what kinda RP?

:eek: :eek: as pervy as mine is I'd never go that far, that's the characters job not the user P-:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:19 am 
inactive
Puu-chan wrote:
Boro wrote:

Boro wrote:

Oh okay. So is there a specific set for the roleplay corner? Or is it a specific set of rules per thread? What are the main things I need to know before I start roleplaying?

Boro wrote:

No problem, you're doing well.

In the roleplay corner, it's a per thread and a per-person thing.

Some like to treat it as a collective fanfiction writing project, which means no rules, and essetially full creative control for each player, except there isn't much playing in it. This is called freeform, or collaborative writing.

The classic form of roleplaying games, evolved from freeform, is having a game master/storyteller who controls the world, and the players who are restricted to their own characters, and telling the GM what they want/try to do. In this form the GM makes all decisions, usually aided by a set of rules. When there are no rules except that the GM has the final say, it is very much a freeform game with a GM. Ruleless works best when used in stories set in IRL history, and for rule-assisted versions, there are all the systems that I'd better not list here.

Generally you can find out what kind of an RP is by looking at the OOC/Discuss/Signup threads (ooc stands for "out of character", which is where the players can talk about the game as themselves rather than their characters.) If there are no rules listed aside from no metagaming/godmode-ing, then it's a freeform and you'd do better to avoid it. If someone DMs (Dungeon master=Game Master), it's generally okay.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:07 pm 
inactive
Boro wrote:
Puu-chan wrote:
Boro wrote:

Boro wrote:

Boro wrote:

No problem, you're doing well.

In the roleplay corner, it's a per thread and a per-person thing.

Some like to treat it as a collective fanfiction writing project, which means no rules, and essetially full creative control for each player, except there isn't much playing in it. This is called freeform, or collaborative writing.

The classic form of roleplaying games, evolved from freeform, is having a game master/storyteller who controls the world, and the players who are restricted to their own characters, and telling the GM what they want/try to do. In this form the GM makes all decisions, usually aided by a set of rules. When there are no rules except that the GM has the final say, it is very much a freeform game with a GM. Ruleless works best when used in stories set in IRL history, and for rule-assisted versions, there are all the systems that I'd better not list here.

Generally you can find out what kind of an RP is by looking at the OOC/Discuss/Signup threads (ooc stands for "out of character", which is where the players can talk about the game as themselves rather than their characters.) If there are no rules listed aside from no metagaming/godmode-ing, then it's a freeform and you'd do better to avoid it. If someone DMs (Dungeon master=Game Master), it's generally okay.

Oh okay. So how do I join someone else's RP thread? :) Is it already established from the beginning or can people join at any point? And can you only be one character?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:28 pm 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Puu-chan wrote:

it depends on the RP, for example rose's RP is a heinta one. but it's just the characters getting all :blush: :mischief: and images of those charaters :lol:

and we have PS18 rp and it;s a normal one, is it's no heinta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:46 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 38 months ago
inactive
I wanna join a role playing game, but I've never played one before and I don't wanna annoy more experienced RPers with the antics of someone who has no idea what he's doing. :supercry:

I feel better, now that I've gotten that off my chest. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:00 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Sailor Swifty wrote:
Puu-chan wrote:

it depends on the RP, for example rose's RP is a hentai one. but it's just the characters getting all :blush: :mischief: and images of those charaters :lol:

and we have PS18's rp and it's a normal one, no hentai.

I can understand not mentioning DSoTM. It has already had 3 arcs, after all. And a pretty complicated plot, especially for anyone who hasn't played Kingdom Hearts (especially Dream Drop Distance.)

Also, Vanitas and Xehanort are currently laughing at all the Sailor Moon villains. It was the less the fact they defeated her, more, she got possessed by Vanitas.

Attachment:
File comment: Ah, /v/ Drawthreads...
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 67.88 KiB | Viewed 6981 times ]

To be fair, no villain in Sailor Moon is even CLOSE to Xehanort's level of devious planning.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next