Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The concept of roleplay story arcs?
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:12 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 37 months ago
inactive
Quote:
A story arc (a contraction of "over-arching storyline") is a sequence of series installments,TV episodes, comic issues, or a certain period of time in a Video Game that puts characters through their paces in response to a single impetus; basically, an ongoing storyline. This can be a few episodes, an entire season, or even the focus of the entire series.

What I quoted above from TvTropes pretty much sums up about story arcs in common mediums such as through television, comic books, video games (to a length), etc. Now, does that exact same definition apply to the roleplaying medium, though? I've came to realize how tricky this sort of concept can be when it comes down to a ongoing storyline, and can be pretty hard to describe to others as well. I'm putting this up to civil debate over how story arcs can/should be applied towards a roleplay.

Post subject: Re: The concept of roleplay story arcs?
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:33 pm 
☽ Crescent Moonie
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The Sailor Moon RPG&Resource Book suggest Game Masters to treat each session as a Sailor Moon Episode, and a 4-8 session long mini-campaign as a story arc. They usually have little character advancement (leveling) and a strong story focus.