image.jpeg [ 28.21 KiB | Viewed 3538 times ]
"With this new body... There's nothing I won't be able to do! No limit I won't be able to break past!"
Name: Mayu Benzaiten
Height: 5'8 (Yang's height)
Race: Yulayan/Demigod (his vessel, Yang Xiao Long, was formerly Human.)
Family: Benzaiten (Mother), King Fuyumi (Father*), Yua (Younger brother), a few of the other Gods and Goddesses of Yulay (Aunts and Uncles), Yang Xiao Long (vessel/new body)
Bio: After seeing his brother again and introducing himself to the Senshi, Mayu travels to another world. Where he meets the Huntress in training, Yang Xiao Long. The minute he saw her, he knew her form had immense potential, especially if it were to be used by him. However, her unique abilities eluded his use, much to his frustration.
After almost getting killed by the Vanitas possessed Princess Serenity, on the verge of death, he made his move... Through currently unknown methods, he took Yang's body for himself, (the process of which also restored Yang's previously severed arm), and vigorously renewed his training regimen.
Despite taking Yang's body, he is still capable of shapeshifting, even back into his original shape if necessary. Evidently, Yang's body was itself changed in the process of it being taken, as Mayu states that it is now 100% his own
blood that flows through its veins, meaning even in this body, Mayu is still blood related to all his family members, as he refused to abandon his heritage. Even Damia isn't quite sure how he pulled this off, but chances are, Mayu has connections she either doesn't know about, or just can't take advantage of.
While in the body (and form) of Yang Xiao Long, Mayu has access to all her abilities, including her Semblance, which, in Yang's case, makes her stronger by absorbing energy from hits taken. (And is the ability that previously eluded him. ) He also has a heavily modified version of Yang's Ember Cellica, empowered by his own divine magic and the powers of darkness. In addition, his physical strength is massively increased right off the bat, as is his endurance, and even speed.
Personality: He's become much more prone to becoming violent than previously, showing little remorse or mercy for people such as the Black Moon Clan. His drive for battle has also been enhanced, as has an affinity for puns, despite his best efforts to control the latter. He holds Terra and Ventus in low regard due to their affiliation with Aqua. Something else Yang's body has brought out in him is a newfound sense of pride as a warrior, and a greater enjoyment of fighting in general.
He still has his soft spot for his friends and family (something he will never, ever
let go of if he can help it), and the act of harming any of them is a death warrant, and the quickest way to send him flying into a rage. He does wish that Yua would "grow up" a bit and act less immature, though. He also cares very much about his subordinates, Azura, Akari, and Fennel.
Even though officially, he works with Damia and Gemini, he prefers to stay distant from them both. (especially Gemini.) Damia sometimes sends her more troublesome underlings his way. He usually ends up whipping them into shape, and they end up being some of the strongest of them all.
Weapon: Ember Celica
Powerful shotgun gauntlets originally wielded by Yang Xiao Long, which, obviously, came with her body. However, with Azura's help, he has modified it further. While it can still be loaded with its normal ammunition, it is now capable of firing off powerful spells, and all rounds fired from it can be enhanced with various elements, including light or darkness.
Voice(s): Barbara Dunkelman (English, Yang's voice imitating Mayu's.), Masako Nozawa (Japanese)
* On Yulay, the male parent is always referred to as the father, even if he was the one to give birth.
- Mayu's strength and natural fighting ability are not standard for his race. Unlike his brother Yua, Mayu has a genetic mutation that makes him unnaturally strong and a natural battle prodigy, as well as more aggressive. However, the mutation IS common enough that there is a general idea of how to raise a "Warrior Child." Yulayans with this mutation are taught to control their strength and aggression at an early age, and usually, it works well enough that they do it on a subconscious level as adults. However, the natural drive for battle is much more isolated, with Mayu being the most recent case, and the first in many generations of the Royal Family. Perhaps being the progeny of a Goddess made him more susceptible to developing it...
- Mayu originally took up martial arts as a hobby in his teenage years. It wasn't until Akari started training him that he started to take it more seriously.
- Mayu does not like anything "grape flavored." At all. Though he is perfectly fine with eating actual grapes.
- Mayu's English voice while in Yang's body is actually inspired by Vegito. Specifically, the Ocean dub version. In the Ocean Dub, Vegito had just one voice, Vegeta's voice (Brian Drummond), imitating Goku's voice.