* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Etrian Odyssey RPG
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:51 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
You do not need to have played the Etrian Odyssey games to participate in this. This will be focused more on combat than story however, so be warned if you came here expecting quality writing.

Story

This takes place in the small town of Etria, famous for housing the Yggdrasil Labyrinth. The Labyrinth is a vast dungeon, rumored to be over 30 floors deep, containing monsters of unimaginable size, treasures of great value, and the bodies of fallen adventurers. The Radha Hall has issued a mission to all explorers, urging people to venture as far down into the labyrinth as they can in hopes of finding what is at the bottom. To assist their journey, several inns have been built in the town, allowing the adventurers to rest if they return from their adventures.

The Labyrinth

The Labyrinth is split up into different Stratum, each one 5 floors deep. At the end of every Stratum lies a powerful boss creature that respawns every 15 days. There are several strong creatures patrolling the map as well, known as F.O.E's, capable of wiping out entire parties with no effort at all.

Classes

Protector: Holy knights who live to protect their allies. They learn skills that force the enemy to attack them, and lowers the damage taken by allies. When they know their allies can hold themselves without a Protector, they can use powerful arm-binding attacks that will prevent the enemy from using skills that involve their arms.

Alchemist: Powerful Mages who attack from behind their teammates, launching various elemental spells at the enemy, capitalizing on enemy weaknesses and resistances. They are by far the strongest magic attackers, however they have very little health, making them require a Protector at all times.

Medic: Staff-wielding nurses and doctors, carrying a bag of medicine with them at all times. They do very little damage in combat, but are unmatched in healing and speed, and are the only class capable of healing binds and ailments.

Troubadour: Famous singers and dancers known for their signature Shelter Song and Attack Songs, increasing the party's Defense and Attack respectively. They do moderate damage, however their buffs can sometimes give the party's stats a massive boost and dispel debuffs inflicted by the enemy.

Dark Hunter: Whip wielding hunters known for their violent and brutal torture methods, often leaving the enemy alive in a weakened state just to harm them as much as they possibly can. These hunters learn a variety of binding moves and excel in poisoning the enemy, damaging the enemy every turn whilst ignoring any defense buffs. They can also opt to use swords instead of whips, in which case they trade binding moves for other ailments and enemy debuffs.

Gunner: Ranged attackers who excel in stunning the enemy, causing them to miss a turn, and is the second fastest class, just behind the medic. They can both heal and damage, however they are far more suited for combat than healing. They will eventually learn both physical and elemental moves, complimenting the Alchemist very well.

Hexer: Evil magicians who will place curses upon the enemy, sapping their power and health, whilst binding them and inflicting ailments the Dark Hunter can not. They will learn debuffing moves and ailments, however they are the worst class for combat, even more-so than the Medic.

Survivalist: Nimble archers that will make the enemy easier to hit and the party harder to hit. They learn moves that increase the party's speed and accuracy whilst lowering the enemies accuracy and speed. They also learn multi-hit moves, useful for spreading the party's damage across multiple enemies.

Gameplay

I will be creating dungeon maps of every single floor, filling it in as we go. The stats are AGI, ATK, HP, EVA, ACC, DEF and TP. I have balanced the enemies and bosses to a party of 5 members, however I will rebalance it if we get more or less party members or if we get an awful party. Defeating enemies will level you up which gives stats and skill points. Every level, I will give you a choice as to what skills to unlock but I will not let you choose the stats, as they are influenced by class.

If I feel that the game is taking too long, I will decrease the size of the maps, make enemy encounters less frequent, decrease the number of floors, etc.

Characters

To create a character, just fill out the following form

Name
Class
(optional) Backstory

If you have any questions, let me know.

Post subject: Re: Etrian Odyssey RPG
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:44 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
The maps in battle are going to be 10x10 while the labyrinth maps are going to be 15x15.

I will also be adding a new class people can play as.

The Highlander

Warriors hailing from an ancient tribe specializing in long-range spears and bows. They boast an impressively high HP, which is what makes them so interesting. They can deal damage to themselves to buff allies, increasing their speed, attack and more. If one of their moves would bring them below 1 HP, it will be used but they will still survive with 1 HP.

EDIT: I feel I should mention that the Highlanders buffs will be alot stronger than the Troubadour's buffs due to consuming HP but will have shorter range.