* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: [SELLING] VKLL fansub VHS collection
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:20 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 9 months ago
inactive
Hello!

I collected VKLL fansub VHS tapes back in middle school, and it's time to let them go. To a lucky fan!

I have Sailor Moon S, SuperS, and Stars.

Note: Sailor Moon Stars is missing episodes 171-182

Extras: VKLL Sailor Moon SuperS Special featuring Ami + Sailor Moon R Movie (not VKLL)

I am hoping that you will pay for shipping, plus a $20 service charge.

Email me at ladyastralis at yahoo dot com

Post subject: Re: [SELLING] VKLL fansub VHS collection
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:18 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Are these first generation tapes straight from VKLL?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:17 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
ChibiBoi wrote:
Are these first generation tapes straight from VKLL?

Seeing as how VKLL recorded each tape as he did them direct off the laserdiscs, the only improvement is to get SVHS copies. But each tape is a first generation copy off the laserdisc. There was no master tape they recopied. Laserdisc through Genlock Device to Tape.

ladyastralis wrote:
Hello!

I collected VKLL fansub VHS tapes back in middle school, and it's time to let them go.

Why let them go at all? They represent a happy time during an early part of North American Sailor Moon fandom, something that might not happen again. There's no way I'd part with my tapes of anything.

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:01 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MrShoujo wrote:
Seeing as how VKLL recorded each tape as he did them direct off the laserdiscs, the only improvement is to get SVHS copies.

I'm not sure S-VHS copies would be much different quality wise given how Laserdisc technology work. It's "just" regular composite video stored analogically on the discs and it can't be outputted in any other way, thus it's not possible to record it with S-Video. You should still be able to get a higher resolution picture recorded on S-VHS tapes but that will only matter if the source material exceeds the 320×480 resolution.

MrShoujo wrote:
They represent a happy time during an early part of North American Sailor Moon fandom, something that might not happen again.

Also across Europe! :-) VKLL subbed tapes from around here were usually not first-hand copies though as they at least would have to be PAL-converted somewhere down the line.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:36 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I was just wondering since I have second generation copies of VKLL's fansubs for the second half of S, and would like to replace them with legit VKLL first gen tapes.