Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal - New Season Confirmed
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:04 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
So the 2018 rumors ended up being true after all?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:01 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
Neon Genesis wrote:
So the 2018 rumors ended up being true after all?

Well its most likely. It takes months to do animation especially a movie . The fact is they were definately not working on when they announced it. They were mostly surprised and the whole not having any cast announced. When season 3 we know about the designer director, and writers. Here we only know the director still that could change as well? Also nobody seems to be called in yet . So either thre doing some stages or doing the work on the movie next year . Either way, the only sailor moon we are getting this year. Is the new musical, and the new English dub for crystal season 3.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:50 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:
Either way, the only sailor moon we are getting this year. Is the new musical, and the new English dub for crystal season 3.

I think S movie too, since it's christmas themed. :P

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:26 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I wonder if Toei is waiting until after Appmon is finished before they start working on another anime?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:05 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
It's so awkward to have this be so silent for so long. Haha. I hope we get some more news regarding Crystal very soon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:54 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
It's so awkward to have this be so silent for so long. Haha. I hope we get some more news regarding Crystal very soon.

Let s not kid ourselves . :dead: We probably won' hear anything unless there is another sailor moon evet coming soon.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:40 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

Let s not kid ourselves . :dead: We probably won' hear anything unless there is another sailor moon evet coming soon.

Confirmed: On Sailor Moon Day 2018, Toei will announce the release date of Sailor Moon Crystal Season IV Part 1 for the following year :rofl:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:08 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
ChibiBoi wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

Confirmed: On Sailor Moon Day 2018, Toei will announce the release date of Sailor Moon Crystal Season IV Part 1 for the following year :rofl:

I can't deal with this comment, lmbo!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:00 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
ChibiBoi wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

Confirmed: On Sailor Moon Day 2018, Toei will announce the date of announcing the release date of Sailor Moon Crystal Season IV Part 1 for the following year :rofl:

Added those words for accuracy. :wink:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:42 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Didn't it take around 6-7 months of production after S3 was greenlit?

Assuming a movie takes longer, let's say 9-10 months. That might mean we could reasonably expect the first part of the Dream arc film to premiere Summer or Fall of 2018, assuming they've began the first phase of production (since they announced the director already, I'm pretty sure they have started some production work - even if it's just designing the characters, etc.).

Regardless, it's going to be a bit of a wait. Hopefully we'll learn more info towards fall-winter of this year.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:05 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
At least we still have the dub of Crystal season three and the Viz dub of SuperS to look forward to in the meantime.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:26 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
Google translates the news about season 4 like this:

At the "25 th Anniversary Usagi BIRTHDAY Event" held today, "Sailor Moon Crystal" fourth period <Dead Moon edition> new information was released.
"Sailor Moon Crystal" 4th period <Dead Moon section> is planned for the theatrical release before and after. And director is now responsible for Chiaki director as well as "Sailor Moon Crystal" third period <Death · Busters 」. Other information will be announced later, so please look forward to it.

So my question is: what does "theatrical release before and after" mean?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:42 am 
Luna
Luna
POKIWOKI wrote:
Google translates the news about season 4 like this:

At the "25 th Anniversary Usagi BIRTHDAY Event" held today, "Sailor Moon Crystal" fourth period <Dead Moon edition> new information was released.
"Sailor Moon Crystal" 4th period <Dead Moon section> is planned for the theatrical release before and after. And director is now responsible for Chiaki director as well as "Sailor Moon Crystal" third period <Death · Busters 」. Other information will be announced later, so please look forward to it.

So my question is: what does "theatrical release before and after" mean?

Most likely a mistranslation, I imagine the original text referred to a "part 1 and 2" or something to that effect.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:23 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ Definitely so - it just literally translates those two kanji to "before" & "after," respectively. lol

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:56 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
Thanks, too bad I can't understand Japanese.
Hopefully there'll be more concrete news soon... The waiting is killing me :sick:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:18 am 
Stella
Stella
Again I don't have a problem if they take a longer time to release it so long as they put in the work and effort to release something of quality.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:11 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I wonder if Toei is waiting until they're done with Appmon to start on working on the Crystal movies.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:22 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
I wonder if Toei is waiting until they're done with Appmon to start on working on the Crystal movies.
What is Appmon?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:43 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
^It's short for Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters which is ending this Fall and has already ended it's manga adaptation as of this month.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:36 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/201 ... .g/.120547

Welp.....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:56 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
This is confirming my theory that Toei is trying to drag out Crystal to last until the 30th anniversary.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:09 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Either that or she's trying to be the next Masaaki Yuasa, directing multiple things at once. :P

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:44 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Neon Genesis wrote:
This is confirming my theory that Toei is trying to drag out Crystal to last until the 30th anniversary.

Or it's a low-priority project for them, hence always being put at the end of their production queue. P-:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:52 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It's sad that an anime film adapting a smartphone game has more information released than the S4 films.

Toei literally treats the Sailor Moon franchise like crap. It's depressing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:01 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Seira Hazuki wrote:
It's sad that an anime film adapting a smartphone game has more information released than the S4 films.

Toei literally treats the Sailor Moon franchise like crap. It's depressing.

That's my main issue with Toei! It depresses me even that Sailor Moon is like at the bottom of the barrel for them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:47 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Given how short the manga is, if Toei was a responsible company, they should have finished with Crystal like last year if they had started as a weekly TV series from the start.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:56 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Neon Genesis wrote:
Given how short the manga is, if Toei was a responsible company, they should have finished with Crystal like last year if they had started as a weekly TV series from the start.

Well, they're not just responsible to Sailor Moon fans (if at all), but also to fans of other anime, their shareholders, etc. lol

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:00 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Neon Genesis wrote:

Actualy that makes sense, they have nothing to work on. So a course they would try dragged Crystal as long as possible.

Not o spread doom or gloom. My best friend went to Japan A month ago and spent six weeks there. She hardly saw any sailor moon stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:31 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
imaginationgirl wrote:
Not o spread doom or gloom. My best friend went to Japan A month ago and spent six weeks there. She hardly saw any sailor moon stuff.

Maybe there'll be some once a new season is about to be shown, or maybe the season is postponed because there's hardly any there, so which causes which? :lol:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:48 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:

Maybe there'll be some once a new season is about to be shown, or maybe the season is postponed because there's hardly any there, so which causes which? :lol:

I imagine so,but it was weird she didn't even see anything at anime otaku place. She did found sailor moo stuff at a bookstore( figures) that end up being my late birthday present.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next