Sailor Moon Forum
http://sailormoonforum.com/

Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)
http://sailormoonforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=26631
Page 3 of 4

Author:  Neon Genesis [ Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

So did they cut the nudity in the season three opening or was that left in tact? What about the Haruka and Michiru bedroom scene?

Author:  Ryo Urawa [ Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

Neon Genesis wrote:
So did they cut the nudity in the season three opening or was that left in tact? What about the Haruka and Michiru bedroom scene?


I actually don't recall any nudity in Crystal at all heck even Hotaru was covered up lol (of course I wasn't complaining about that myself)

Author:  Neon Genesis [ Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

I'm referring to this scene in the theme song

Image

Author:  MementoNepenthe [ Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

It seems like the only scenes that were cut were the aforementioned Uranus/Moon kiss, Haruka/Usagi near-kiss, and Michiru saying Haruka is both a man and a woman (and any flashbacks to these scenes). I'm not sure if any other scenes were cut or if there were any dialog changes.

Author:  Neon Genesis [ Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

That seems like a double standard to me if they were ok with the heavily implied Usagi/Mamoru sex scenes but cut out Haruka's tame sexuality scenes.

Author:  Ryo Urawa [ Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

Neon Genesis wrote:
I'm referring to this scene in the theme song

Image


I honestly don't recall that scene of course I need to go gouge my eyes out nude chibi-usa I don't need to see

Author:  imaginationgirl [ Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

Neon Genesis wrote:
That seems like a double standard to me if they were ok with the heavily implied Usagi/Mamoru sex scenes but cut out Haruka's tame sexuality scenes.

But it really wasn't implied heavily though . (infact I didn't think they had sex) they kissed in the black moon arc . But in comparison in the manga it was toned down. What is weird they left the incest kiss ? :orly:

Author:  Neon Genesis [ Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

I honestly don't recall that scene of course I need to go gouge my eyes out nude chibi-usa I don't need to see
It's a scene from the opening theme song that is meant to be a homage to the Utena opening theme.

Quote:
But it really wasn't implied heavily though . (infact I didn't think they had sex) they kissed in the black moon arc . But in comparison in the manga it was toned down. What is weird they left the incest kiss ?
They showed their bodies as silhouettes lying down in Mamoru's bed while they kiss and rose petals fly by which is a very sexual symbol in a lot of anime. There was also a similar scene in s3 when Usagi and Mamoru make up after having their fight. Anyway, I'm not sure why Crystal wasn't airing on late night TV to begin with as it's clear Crystal is being aimed at a more older audience than the original 90s anime was.

Author:  imaginationgirl [ Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

Neon Genesis wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

I honestly don't recall that scene of course I need to go gouge my eyes out nude chibi-usa I don't need to see
It's a scene from the opening theme song that is meant to be a homage to the Utena opening theme.

Quote:
But it really wasn't implied heavily though . (infact I didn't think they had sex) they kissed in the black moon arc . But in comparison in the manga it was toned down. What is weird they left the incest kiss ?
They showed their bodies as silhouettes lying down in Mamoru's bed while they kiss and rose petals fly by which is a very sexual symbol in a lot of anime.

Um Neo that s not exactly what happened . They did not show there bodies as silhouette while lying on top of Mamoru's bed .In he silhouette which they are fully clothed . What happen was they kiss , and Mamoru felt on top of her . in the living room .Not on his bed
Attachment:
Snapshot_149.png
Snapshot_149.png [ 299.29 KiB | Viewed 1837 times ]
( You still see the outline of their outfits)
Attachment:
Snapshot_148.png
Snapshot_148.png [ 135.22 KiB | Viewed 1841 times ]

Author:  Rika-Chibi-Chibi [ Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

^ The latter pic feels pretty sexual to me. And one doesn't need to take off all their clothes to have sex anyway. lol

Author:  imaginationgirl [ Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

Rika-Chicchi wrote:
^ The latter pic feels pretty sexual to me. And one doesn't need to take off all their clothes to have sex anyway. lol

It does if you take it out context :lol: . But it came literally after the silhouette, after the fall . I take your word on the sex part .I never had you know , and not planning too . (Until i'm older , and marry a course)

Author:  Ryo Urawa [ Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

Rika-Chicchi wrote:
^ The latter pic feels pretty sexual to me. And one doesn't need to take off all their clothes to have sex anyway. lol


very true XD I still find it amusing Mamoru got to second base without even going on one date (kinda makes Usagi a little slutty)

Author:  kevoso96 [ Fri May 19, 2017 5:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Crystal is back to Portugal uncensored

Last year's December, the airing of SMC on the Portuguese channel Panda Biggs was cancelled, with five episodes from the Infinity arc still unaired.
That was due to fan backslash after the channel (aimed at pre-teen audiences) removed scenes like Haruka kissing Usagi and conversations about Haruka's gender.
But now, the channel just announced they will broadcast the series without censorship starting next month, beginning with the first episode of the Infinity arc.
However, this time episodes will air at a late night timeslot: Saturdays at 10:30 pm and Sundays at 11 pm.

http://sm-portugal.com/crystal/biggs-garante-crystal-3-nao-tera-cortes

Author:  Neon Genesis [ Fri May 19, 2017 5:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crystal is back to Portugal uncensored

So Black Lady making out with her dad was ok during the daytime but two women kissing is too scandalous it has to be on at night?

Author:  kevoso96 [ Fri May 19, 2017 5:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crystal is back to Portugal uncensored

Neon Genesis wrote:
So Black Lady making out with her dad was ok during the daytime but two women kissing is too scandalous it has to be on at night?


I'm afraid conservative parents think so. :lol:

Author:  Umino [ Fri May 19, 2017 9:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crystal is back to Portugal uncensored

Neon Genesis wrote:
So Black Lady making out with her dad was ok during the daytime but two women kissing is too scandalous it has to be on at night?


Same reason why Amara and Michelle had to be cousins, but it was A-okay for Rini to have a thing for future-father and flying horses.

Author:  Rika-Chibi-Chibi [ Fri May 19, 2017 10:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crystal is back to Portugal uncensored

Umino wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
So Black Lady making out with her dad was ok during the daytime but two women kissing is too scandalous it has to be on at night?


Same reason why Amara and Michelle had to be cousins, but it was A-okay for Rini to have a thing for future-father and flying horses.

Since all those three plot elements violate the teachings of the Bible, I think it warrants an academic study on why such situation occurred. lol

Author:  SILVER [ Fri May 19, 2017 11:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

Ryo Urawa wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
^ The latter pic feels pretty sexual to me. And one doesn't need to take off all their clothes to have sex anyway. lol


very true XD I still find it amusing Mamoru got to second base without even going on one date (kinda makes Usagi a little ****ty)


Are you serious with this?
Usagi being with one guy and even having sex after a short time with someone that she's in a serious relationship doesn't make her a ****.

Author:  Clow [ Fri May 19, 2017 11:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

As a Portuguese-speaking individual who has Portuguese friends, I am surprised with Bigg's attitude. Same-sex marriage has been legal in Portugal for over 6 years now. Do parents hide from their children the fact that same-sex couples exist and are able to marry in their country?

Author:  Neon Genesis [ Sat May 20, 2017 3:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

I think what dissapoints me the most about this is that Toei apparently approved the initial censorship decision. At least with Cloverway we don't know enough to know how involved Toei was in approving cuts to the dub, but Toei certainly has no problem pairing Haruka and Michiru all over their merchandise but will also allow countries to censor a key part of their identities to avoid offending overly protective parents. It's like Toei saying they're cool with lesbians as long as it's profitable for them.

Author:  Clow [ Sat May 20, 2017 5:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

Neon Genesis wrote:
I think what dissapoints me the most about this is that Toei apparently approved the initial censorship decision. At least with Cloverway we don't know enough to know how involved Toei was in approving cuts to the dub, but Toei certainly has no problem pairing Haruka and Michiru all over their merchandise but will also allow countries to censor a key part of their identities to avoid offending overly protective parents. It's like Toei saying they're cool with lesbians as long as it's profitable for them.


TOEI = business. It has always been that way.

I am not surprised with TOEI at all; I am surprised with Biggs because the impression I have of Portugal as a country is different. I have Portuguese friends and they are totally fine with me being gay and, to them, being gay is not an issue at all. Many of my Brazilian acquaintances, though, do have an issue with being gay.

Author:  kevoso96 [ Sat May 20, 2017 6:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

Clow wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
I think what dissapoints me the most about this is that Toei apparently approved the initial censorship decision. At least with Cloverway we don't know enough to know how involved Toei was in approving cuts to the dub, but Toei certainly has no problem pairing Haruka and Michiru all over their merchandise but will also allow countries to censor a key part of their identities to avoid offending overly protective parents. It's like Toei saying they're cool with lesbians as long as it's profitable for them.


TOEI = business. It has always been that way.

I am not surprised with TOEI at all; I am surprised with Biggs because the impression I have of Portugal as a country is different. I have Portuguese friends and they are totally fine with me being gay and, to them, being gay is not an issue at all. Many of my Brazilian acquaintances, though, do have an issue with being gay.


There was censorship done to Steven Universe regarding lesbianism in FRANCE, dude. So that's no surprise at all.

Author:  Seen2 [ Sat May 20, 2017 5:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

I'm kinda baffled over how many people are shocked about the censorship. Homophobia is still a big enough problem in most countries to the point where they avoid alluding to it on less-than-PG13 TV shows, yes. It's nowhere near as bad as it was 20 years ago, but it's still there.

TV stations want to avoid controversy and angry letters from religious parents, so they try to skip it entirely. Even when it's a show that's clearly not aimed at children. :P

Author:  Clow [ Sat May 20, 2017 5:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

Seen2 wrote:
TV stations want to avoid controversy and angry letters from religious parents, so they try to skip it entirely. Even when it's a show that's clearly not aimed at children. :P


Why is it not aimed at children?

What about all the toys?

I was a child when I started watching it.

Sailor Moon, 90's and Crystal, is aimed at children.

Many of us here grew up watching Sailor Moon when we were children.

Author:  imaginationgirl [ Sat May 20, 2017 10:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

Clow wrote:
Seen2 wrote:
TV stations want to avoid controversy and angry letters from religious parents, so they try to skip it entirely. Even when it's a show that's clearly not aimed at children. :P


Why is it not aimed at children?

What about all the toys?

I was a child when I started watching it.

Sailor Moon, 90's and Crystal, is aimed at children.

Many of us here grew up watching Sailor Moon when we were children.

This debated it could be said the 90 s anime is a kid show. The manga was published in a magazine for pre-teen, and teen girls . Also, Crystal is gear towards women, not children. Also, I can say as a person who is a Christian and grew up in the household. Depending on my age if I was a little kid . If a cartoon had same sex couple I would not be allowed o watch it.

Author:  kevoso96 [ Sun May 21, 2017 6:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

imaginationgirl wrote:
Clow wrote:
Seen2 wrote:
TV stations want to avoid controversy and angry letters from religious parents, so they try to skip it entirely. Even when it's a show that's clearly not aimed at children. :P


Why is it not aimed at children?

What about all the toys?

I was a child when I started watching it.

Sailor Moon, 90's and Crystal, is aimed at children.

Many of us here grew up watching Sailor Moon when we were children.

This debated it could be said the 90 s anime is a kid show. The manga was published in a magazine for pre-teen, and teen girls . Also, Crystal is gear towards women, not children. Also, I can say as a person who is a Christian and grew up in the household. Depending on my age if I was a little kid . If a cartoon had same sex couple I would not be allowed o watch it.


This is not how Toei advertises it to international companies. In their press releases and television fairs, they say Crystal is aimed at young girls.

Author:  Neon Genesis [ Mon May 22, 2017 12:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

Toei stated when Crystal was first announced the series was aimed at mothers and their daughters so they could watch it together. So Crystal is aimed at both young girls and adult women.

Author:  Neon Genesis [ Mon May 22, 2017 12:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

Seen2 wrote:
I'm kinda baffled over how many people are shocked about the censorship. Homophobia is still a big enough problem in most countries to the point where they avoid alluding to it on less-than-PG13 TV shows, yes. It's nowhere near as bad as it was 20 years ago, but it's still there.

TV stations want to avoid controversy and angry letters from religious parents, so they try to skip it entirely. Even when it's a show that's clearly not aimed at children. :P
Disney's live action Beauty and the Beast had the first openly gay character in a Disney movie. The only places that tried to ban it were Malaysia, Russia, and one theater in Alabama, but Disney refused to allow any censorship cuts to be made to the film. For the most part, the movie was a huge success and most audiences didn't care about LeFou being gay. In any case, it sounds like from the fan reaction, the initial censorship decision was an overblown paranoia from the local networks and it doesn't sound like anyone had actually complained about it in Crystal. If Toei is so worried about religious parents, why are they allowing season three to be aired uncut now?

Author:  kevoso96 [ Mon May 22, 2017 3:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Portugal (Official / Toei)

Neon Genesis wrote:
Seen2 wrote:
I'm kinda baffled over how many people are shocked about the censorship. Homophobia is still a big enough problem in most countries to the point where they avoid alluding to it on less-than-PG13 TV shows, yes. It's nowhere near as bad as it was 20 years ago, but it's still there.

TV stations want to avoid controversy and angry letters from religious parents, so they try to skip it entirely. Even when it's a show that's clearly not aimed at children. :P
Disney's live action Beauty and the Beast had the first openly gay character in a Disney movie. The only places that tried to ban it were Malaysia, Russia, and one theater in Alabama, but Disney refused to allow any censorship cuts to be made to the film. For the most part, the movie was a huge success and most audiences didn't care about LeFou being gay. In any case, it sounds like from the fan reaction, the initial censorship decision was an overblown paranoia from the local networks and it doesn't sound like anyone had actually complained about it in Crystal. If Toei is so worried about religious parents, why are they allowing season three to be aired uncut now?


Toei was never the one asking for censorship. They just allowed it. The one dealing with parents is the network, not Toei.
They are airing the season uncut but on late night, and Crystal used to have afternoon reruns on this channel before this situation. Even the new episode premieres happened earlier in the night before this comeback.
About your comments on Cloverway, they were pretty much the North American branch of Toei at that time.

Author:  MariaTenebre [ Mon May 22, 2017 4:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crystal is back to Portugal uncensored

Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Umino wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
So Black Lady making out with her dad was ok during the daytime but two women kissing is too scandalous it has to be on at night?


Same reason why Amara and Michelle had to be cousins, but it was A-okay for Rini to have a thing for future-father and flying horses.

Since all those three plot elements violate the teachings of the Bible, I think it warrants an academic study on why such situation occurred. lol

A lot of Christians are very selective on what they take from the Bible. I mentioned this on another thread but I knew this Sailor Moon fan who in her fanfic heterosexualized Haruka and Michiru and the reasons she did so according to her was her objection to homosexuality and yet she kept Rei being Shinto even though Rei being a Pagan according to her doctrine is just as evil as Haruka and Michiru being lesbians. It seemed like that it stemmed from her own personal prejudices.

However I know so many people like that I knew a former friend who told me that I deserved eternal torture for being a Pagan and yet he is also screwing around with a married woman.

Another example is my father. My father is very anti gay and religious but also extremely sexually promiscuous who has cheated on every woman he has been with, has tons of illegitimate children out of wedlock (I am his only legitimate child) and has Playboys and porn all over the house.

Page 3 of 4 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB
http://www.phpbb.com/