Classic 47%  47%  [ 47 ]
Both equaly 17%  17%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 98
 Post subject: Crystal Usagi or Classic Usagi
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:49 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Which one do you think was better character, a better adaption from the manga, or like better?
I think I have to go with Crystal,the reason is Crystal Usagi is more maturer.
But what you guys think?

Post subject: Re: Crystal Usagi or Classic Usagi
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:47 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Lingering Spirit
Crystal's

She's alot more mature , feels more "powerful" , her relationship with Mamoru has better development and she's portrayed all around better .

Plus I prefer Crystal's character design over the 90's .

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:24 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Mysterious2098Face
Classic usagi

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:39 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Crystal. Original Usagi was way more selfish, as was Rei and Chibiusa. Mamoru is also much better in Crystal.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:16 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
AnnaSartin wrote:
Crystal. Original Usagi was way more selfish, as was Rei and Chibiusa. Mamoru is also much better in Crystal.

Crystal for them was a God send.You werre right Classic was way more selfish,and hadly matured.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:27 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
imaginationgirl wrote:
AnnaSartin wrote:

Crystal for them was a God send.You werre right Classic was way more selfish,and hadly matured.

How was "Classic" Usagi selfish? Give me at least three examples, please.

July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:40 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 14 months ago
inactive
Crystal all day, in the classic they all acted way to goofy most of the time especially in battle, it made them seem very inexperienced & immature. I mean she would be fighting for her life but not seem to take it seriously until the final boss/villian or someone got really hurt.

Did you notice that they only portrayed the inner senshi this way.....?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:55 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Pat2ndHotaruSaturn wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:
AnnaSartin wrote:

Crystal for them was a God send.You were right Classic was way more selfish, and hardly matured.

How was "Classic" Usagi selfish? Give me at least three examples, please.

1. She slapped her boyfriend for forgetting her birthday... which she never told him in the first place.
2. She physically spanks Chibiusa, a child who she didn't know was hers at the time. Small children who are lost from their parents need support from their elders, not abuse because of their brattiness.
3. She used Umino to spy on Rei's date with Mamoru in the first season, allowing the boy to buy her a drink and think they were on a date. Umino didn't deserve to have his emotions manipulated.

Now, to be fair, Usagi is far more loving and kind than she is selfish. Still, she had her moments in the original series.

Last edited by AnnaSartin on Mon May 18, 2015 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:39 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
I prefer Classic Usagi because she seems more forgiving and determined to save everyone. Crystal Usagi was repulsive in the Dark Kingdom arc, though she's recovering in Black Moon.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:20 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
AnnaSartin wrote:
3. She used Umino to spy on Rei's date with Mamoru in the first season, allowing the boy to buy her a drink and think they were on a date. Umino didn't deserved to have his emotions manipulated.

This one really shouldn't count because it was early in the first season where you would expect this kind of thing from her.

Quote:
1. She slapped her boyfriend for forgetting her birthday... which she never told him in the first place.

I'll give you this one, she didn't tell him or any of her friends about it after all of that time so that was a good enough reason for each of their reactions.

Quote:
2. She physically spanks Chibiusa, a child who she didn't know was hers at the time. Small children who are lost from their parents need support from their elders, not abuse because of their brattiness.

You're talking about Chibiusa's debut episode right? That's not a good example at all because of all the stuff Chibiusa was doing prior to that. This "scared child" excuse that some like to use to describe Chibiusa in R doesn't really work for this episode (along with the stolen brooch episode which I thought was even worse) because she was giving Usagi problems from the moment they met, scaring her & Mamoru with the toy gun*, brainwashing her family*, trashing her room, attempting to attack her while she was both taking a bath and sleeping (which for the latter she ended up playing the victim when both parents & Shingo came in), and drugging her & her friends at Rei's shrine (which failed with Usagi). All of this trouble just so she can find the Silver Crystal which at that point, nobody knew why so what would you expect Usagi to do? Sure the spanking was harsh but there weren't many options left if she wasn't going to stop.

* - Yes, these were in the manga & Crystal too but not all of them.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:52 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 20 months ago
inactive
NJ_ wrote:
This one really shouldn't count because it was early in the first season where you would expect this kind of thing from her.

....so you want specific examples, and get specific examples, but they "don't count" because of some arbitrary rules you just made up? Um. Okay...

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:12 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Kerochan no Miko wrote:
NJ_ wrote:

....so you want specific examples, and get specific examples, but they "don't count" because of some arbitrary rules you just made up? Um. Okay...

Well that's what happens when you focus on one part of someone else's post. ^_^'

I was thinking about the "hardly matured" bit imaginationgirl mentioned because that particular episode was very early in the show where not much was happening with Usagi's character development yet.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:50 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Classic Usagi selfish?

The one who'd always help anyone?
The one who'd extend a helping hand even to her enemies as long as they show any signs of humanity?
The one who'd sacrifice her own life to make sure the world were she and her loved ones live will remain safe?

Sure she has moments when she's bratty, childish, crybaby, selfish even but the important thing is that everytime it actually mattered Usagi never failed. We all have moments in every day life when we're acting stupid but when it comes to Usagi its what makes her special: she could act like a little baby but when it was necessary she was a hero. A real hero. Because she cared a lot about her friends, family and world.

Not to mention i love funny Usagi. That's one of the reasons why 90s anime is so memorable

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:35 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
Crystal, easily.

Crystal Usagi is more focused, relatable, and mature. Honestly going back and watching the 90s anime Usagi is just annoying at times. She has a very big heart which is still present in Crystal, but in the 90s anime she would focus on her emotions irrationally. Crystal Usagi still has emotions and she has her moments of seemingly irrational breakdowns, (as seen in the Black Moon arc) but she handles them much more realistically. Don't get me wrong, the funny Usagi of the 90s was great, but she was too much sometimes. She was actually my least favourite out of the girls, and now, thanks to Crystal, she's probably 3rd or so.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:45 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
NJ_ wrote:

Quote:

You're talking about Chibiusa's debut episode right? That's not a good example at all because of all the stuff Chibiusa was doing prior to that. This "scared child" excuse that some like to use to describe Chibiusa in R doesn't really work for this episode (along with the stolen brooch episode which I thought was even worse) because she was giving Usagi problems from the moment they met, scaring her & Mamoru with the toy gun*, brainwashing her family*, trashing her room, attempting to attack her while she was both taking a bath and sleeping (which for the latter she ended up playing the victim when both parents & Shingo came in), and drugging her & her friends at Rei's shrine (which failed with Usagi). All of this trouble just so she can find the Silver Crystal which at that point, nobody knew why so what would you expect Usagi to do? Sure the spanking was harsh but there weren't many options left if she wasn't going to stop.

No, I'm referring to a few episodes later when Usagi spanks her for waking her up trying to search her for the silver crystal, then drops the child onto the floor when she realises she's running late. In the first episode Usagi sees an out of control child running around drugging people with no parent or guardian in sight. A 14 year-old not knowing the right way to handle the situation is understandable. But the second time she spanks her Usagi knows that this child is having serious problems. Her parents are MIA for reasons unknown and there are people trying to kill her. Bratty or not, hitting Chibiusa was selfish in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:17 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
AnnaSartin wrote:
NJ_ wrote:

Quote:

No, I'm referring to a few episodes later when Usagi spanks her for waking her up trying to search her for the silver crystal, then drops the child onto the floor when she realises she's running late. In the first episode Usagi sees an out of control child running around drugging people with no parent or guardian in sight. A 14 year-old not knowing the right way to handle the situation is understandable. But the second time she spanks her Usagi knows that this child is having serious problems. Her parents are MIA for reasons unknown and there are people trying to kill her. Bratty or not, hitting Chibiusa was selfish in my opinion.

Ah, my mistake, I actually forgot about that moment somehow and only thought of her first episode when posting that. ^_^'

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:22 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
*chants*
Crystal forever, Classic never!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:55 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
NJ_ wrote:

Ah, my mistake, I actually forgot about that moment somehow and only thought of her first episode when posting that. ^_^'

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I remember her being spanked on three separate occasions. Chibiusa's first spanking was certainly the most memorable!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:11 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
People seriously see the spanking from episode 63 as an issue? Not to mention the whole scene is pure comedy but also... that's how it is between siblings (in a lot of cases at least), they fight a lot, sometimes physically (mostly boys but not only) allthough it doesnt mean those fights are serious and at the end of the day they still love eachother A LOT. Usagi is 14 years old and she's very childish for her age. Chibiusa is what: 8-10? Its completely fine to have such a relationship at their age (as long as its not turning into bullying on either side)

Another thing is that this scene only show how comfortable they are with eachother. Usagi is super cheerful when she's able to show Chibiusa not to mess with her while Chibiusa doesnt take this seriously, otherwise she wouldnt running around after Usagi or secretly sleep in her bed 3 episodes later. You dont get closer to someone who's abusing you.

Also there's another fight two episodes later and this time Chibiusa is the winner. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:53 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Okay people misunderstanding me,anbout Classic being Selfish.I'm not saying she was strictly selfish,she show caring loving,and caring at times at certain epissodes. Usualy when it was more plot related,usualy at the end of the seasons.But the filla episodes,on the other hand,she was mostly imature,and selfish. Which got annoying to me,after awhile.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:20 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Mysterious2098Face
^ Part of Usagi's personality is being childish (which includes some selfishness) but
She is selfless when she needs to be.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:31 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 10 months ago
inactive
Other: Shishio Sensei/CUPID
I'm gonna have to go with Crystal on this one.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:08 pm 
Stella
Stella
I'll have to go with Classic. I like Crystal Usagi as well but I loved Usagi's outgoing, wild and childish attitude. Sure she could be selfish at times but at other times she could be rather selfless and forgiving and I also thought that her and Mamoru's relationship was well done in this series. However I will admit that Crystal does a really great job as well.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:55 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Crystal. I actually like her.

We stand in awe at that which cannot be seen - Rukia Kuchiki

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:47 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Crystal Usagi. :o

Manga / Crystal Usagi brought me to the 90's anime and this fandom.

If I had watched 90's anime before reading manga, I'm not sure if I could have become a Moonie.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:07 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Dark Lord
I like both but the classic Usagi was just too funny. How can you not like her? She's the one who brings in the comical value. I get good laugh every time she does something childish.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:00 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Classic.
Crystal's Usagi is the prime definition of what an insufferable, lame, poorly written Mary Sue is.
Classic Usagi is flawed, funnier, more likeable, and better portrayed. It is a far richer character, and actually a good one (which can't be said about her Crystal counterpart).

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:15 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Classic Usagi with no doubt in my mind! Her character development in the first season and up until Ep. 45-46 was huge and a lot leading up to it.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:56 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
C-17 wrote:
Classic.
Crystal's Usagi is the prime definition of what an insufferable, lame, poorly written Mary Sue is.
Classic Usagi is flawed, funnier, more likeable, and better portrayed. It is a far richer character, and actually a good one (which can't be said about her Crystal counterpart).

Yes, Mary Sue is the perfect description for Manga/Crystal Usagi. I actually find Classic Usagi bearable.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:22 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 20 months ago
inactive
SupremeThunder wrote:
Yes, Mary Sue is the perfect description for Manga/Crystal Usagi. I actually find Classic Usagi bearable.

Really? Classic Usagi is also incredibly Mary Sue - no matter what version, she really is that way by nature. Everyone just adores her no matter what.