Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Crystal or Classic
Crystal 34%  34%  [ 32 ]
Classic 48%  48%  [ 45 ]
Both equaly 17%  17%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 93
 Post subject: Re: Crystal Usagi or Classic Usagi
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:50 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Classic Usagi is shrill, immature, and forgiving to a fault. It's been really hard for me to watch Classic as an adult, to be honest.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:08 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
I like them equal, both have strengths and flaws.

Classic Usagi:
Flaws: Immature, and goofy
Strengths: Can be badass when she puts her mind to it.

Crystal Usagi:
Flaws: Can come across a little too perfect
Strengths: But she's badass in general.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:08 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
For some reasons, I think Classic Usagi is very hypocritical.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:18 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Kerochan no Miko wrote:
SupremeThunder wrote:
Yes, Mary Sue is the perfect description for Manga/Crystal Usagi. I actually find Classic Usagi bearable.

Really? Classic Usagi is also incredibly Mary Sue - no matter what version, she really is that way by nature. Everyone just adores her no matter what.

I think people misused the word Mary Sue
A mary sue is somebody who is perffect in every way,shape and form.She dosen't make any miatakes.And every loves her.
Crystal Usagi i not a mary sue,she makes mistakes,and is not perfect.
Same with Classic
No version with Usagi was a Mary Sue.
:o

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:20 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Crystal Moon wrote:

Crystal Usagi isn't hypocritical?! :unsure:

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:22 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Yes, what Imaginationgirl said about a Mary Sue is correct.

And Usagi in all forms is nothing like that.

If you want a perfect example of a Gary Stu/ Mary Sue look at DC's Act of God, in which all the depowered superheroes look to Batman as the perfect hero because he has no superpowers.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:22 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 15 months ago
inactive
SailorWelshy wrote:
Yes, what Imaginationgirl said about a Mary Sue is correct.

Not necessarily. People have differing opinions on what exactly constitutes a "Mary Sue" character. See the TV Tropes article for a good explanation.

Generally speaking, a Mary Sue is a character who is idealized, who has flaws that don't actually interfere with her character/storyline, and who is all about author wish fulfillment. Usagi is most definitely that. No matter what flaws she has (crybaby, clumsy, etc) they don't really cause any problems, and in fact make her more endearing. Everything she does turns out right in the end. And everyone immediately adores her. While I do love Usagi and the series, she is very much a Mary Sue archetype.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:57 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
HeartWarrior wrote:
Crystal Moon wrote:

No. Because she never forgave Ayakashi Sisters.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:13 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Crystal Moon wrote:
HeartWarrior wrote:
Crystal Moon wrote:

No. Because she never forgave Ayakashi Sisters.

I don't understand how she is forgivng the Akayashi sisters,or nort makes it rather Usagi is hyprocritical or not

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:59 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 19 months ago
inactive
Honestly, for all her faults, Classic. She seems like the sort of girl I'd be friends with IRL. Her relationship with Chibi-Usa is more like a sibling, rather than...whatever Crystal was? She's more loving, forgiving, and cares about things other than Mamoru. (And I LOVE Mamoru.) She has flaws, is more goofy and silly...is more than just a main character...you know?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:04 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Kyoko_Sakura wrote:
Honestly, for all her faults, Classic. She seems like the sort of girl I'd be friends with IRL. Her relationship with Chibi-Usa is more like a sibling, rather than...whatever Crystal was? She's more loving, forgiving, and cares about things other than Mamoru. (And I LOVE Mamoru.) She has flaws, is more goofy and silly...is more than just a main character...you know?

Usagi does care about things other than Mamorou,she cares about er friends.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:07 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
What classic Usagi can do is crying and begging the enemy "Yamete! Onegai..." (The final battle with Death Busters and Nehelenia part in Stars).

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:30 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Crystal Moon wrote:
What classic Usagi can do is crying and begging the enemy "Yamete! Onegai..." (The final battle with Death Busters and Nehelenia part in Stars).

She destroyed three of her foes Metalia/Beryl, Wiseman and Pharaoh 90. She helped Nehelenia which was a nice change of pace and she healed Galaxia because she was a fellow senshi. I dont see what's wrong with that, Usagi is supposed to be a very pure hearted person afterall

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:45 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SailorSugababe wrote:
Crystal Moon wrote:

She destroyed three of her foes Metalia/Beryl, Wiseman and Pharaoh 90. She helped Nehelenia which was a nice change of pace and she healed Galaxia because she was a fellow senshi. I dont see what's wrong with that, Usagi is supposed to be a very pure hearted person afterall

The issue to me is that she never killed any "human formed" enemy at all (For example: 4 Ayakashi Sisters, Prince Demande, Witches 5, Kaolinite, Professor Tomoe, Queen Nehelenia).

She used her mercy arbitrarily.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:24 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
She killed Kunzite but yeah most of the time she never killed human-like enemies which is good in my book. She's supposed to be all about love and justice so it makes sense for her to not want to kill but show mercy/heal/punish some other way

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:09 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 19 months ago
inactive
SailorSugababe wrote:
She killed Kunzite but yeah most of the time she never killed human-like enemies which is good in my book. She's supposed to be all about love and justice so it makes sense for her to not want to kill but show mercy/heal/punish some other way

Actually, I'm pretty sure she just blocked his attack and the attack reflected back on him, killing him. I'm only saying this because I like that Usagi never killed anyone human formed, and I like that even in the filler episodes, they reflected this.
Crystal Moon wrote:
SailorSugababe wrote:
Crystal Moon wrote:

The issue to me is that she never killed any "human formed" enemy at all (For example: 4 Ayakashi Sisters, Prince Demande, Witches 5, Kaolinite, Professor Tomoe, Queen Nehelenia).

She used her mercy arbitrarily.

how is that arbitrary, though? Usagi may kill "monsters of the day" but she doesn't kill human formed enemies. It stays consistent. Metalia, Wiseman, and Pharoah 90 were basically incarnations of Chaos, she had no choice but to kill them.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:35 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 21 months ago
inactive
meekxthree wrote:
Crystal, easily.

Crystal Usagi is more focused, relatable, and mature. Honestly going back and watching the 90s anime Usagi is just annoying at times. She has a very big heart which is still present in Crystal, but in the 90s anime she would focus on her emotions irrationally. Crystal Usagi still has emotions and she has her moments of seemingly irrational breakdowns, (as seen in the Black Moon arc) but she handles them much more realistically. Don't get me wrong, the funny Usagi of the 90s was great, but she was too much sometimes. She was actually my least favourite out of the girls, and now, thanks to Crystal, she's probably 3rd or so.

:hug: :clap:
i agreed with you too she is better now than the old usagi
old one was so childish and annoying &crying all the time
but in crystal she's very mature and act like a real princess and more beautiful than the old one

Last edited by Princess22 on Mon May 25, 2015 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:54 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 8 months ago
inactive
I love them both for different reasons. She's still a little annoying in Crystal, but the maturity is higher.
And Classic Usagi's more humorous at times

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:51 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 12 months ago
inactive
Kerochan no Miko wrote:
SupremeThunder wrote:
Yes, Mary Sue is the perfect description for Manga/Crystal Usagi. I actually find Classic Usagi bearable.

Really? Classic Usagi is also incredibly Mary Sue - no matter what version, she really is that way by nature. Everyone just adores her no matter what.

Well Usagi's more of a Mary sue in the manga/Crystal because she can just one-hit kill enemies while in the classic anime she usually has help fighting the MoTD and finishes them off, and the producers at Toei made things even worse because in Crystal Usagi is the only senshi who gets to do anything.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:54 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 21 months ago
inactive
Tough call! I actually can't answer!

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:05 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
SupremeThunder wrote:
Kerochan no Miko wrote:
SupremeThunder wrote:

Well Usagi's more of a Mary sue in the manga/Crystal because she can just one-hit kill enemies while in the classic anime she usually has help fighting the MoTD and finishes them off, and the producers at Toei made things even worse because in Crystal Usagi is the only senshi who gets to do a Anything.

How does that make Usagi a mary sue? Also Usagi isn't the one who does evrything.The girls and Mamorou do fight, attaced the villions,here there were even abel to destroyed droids on there own. Also rember how Venu,and Mamorou both destroyed thoes twins in act 19.With no help from Sailor Moon,because her rod didn't worked.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:09 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 18 months ago
inactive
But of course, Classic. I would make an extremely long post about everything that is not good in manga/Crystal Usagi, but since people unfortunately still do not appreciate negativity...

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:30 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I was going to go for a little of both. Crystal Usagi isn't bad at all to me. I can't really think of too many scenes where I found Crystal Usagi's performance stellar. I do like how impulsive she is sometime and to me, Crystal Usagi seems a lot more powerful sometimes or maybe its just the art style and how she just does things...like that Moon Healing Escalation into outer space... :eeklez:

However, I remembered things that made me like Usagi in the first like how Classic Usagi kept screaming out Crisis Make Up in Sailor Moon S until she transformed to save Hotaru with her pure heart, and a few other key scenes (saving the day against Cameramanman youma, using Moon Tiara action on Mamoru, almost being suffocated between Mamoru and that balloon Remless, etc.) so I selected Classic.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:38 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
I like both the Classic and Crystal Usagi, although I prefer Classic a teeny tiny bit more since she so kawaii :tongue: and she grows up over the course of the series, being a big crybaby in the start to a brave hero in the end. I also like Crystal because she's much more powerful than the classic one and she acts and looks like a princess. :) It's just so hard to choose since they're both totally awesome! :usagi:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:33 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
I like Crystal Usagi more, the original one was a lot more immature and selfish, and they really played up gags with her a lot - either way Usagi is my favorite character, but denying she was many times extremely selfish is forgetting a lot of the things she has done. She is loving and caring, and enough so that it does outweigh a lot of the selfishness and doesn't make it a primary character trait, but it's pretty prevalent throughout the 90s anime.

That, and I really, really like the representation of Usagi and Mamoru's relationship. I never hated their relationship, but I thought it was really lackluster in the 90s anime and I didn't really understand how they had such an allegedly strong bond... Moreso since many times Mamoru got the short end of the stick for character development.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:51 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Crystal Usagi. I'm sorry, Classic Usako, I love you, but it gets so. freaking. annoying. to see her constantly doubt and yell at Mamochan.

In S--"Oh no, he's on a bike with someone! He's leaving me, oh god--oh, hi Unazuki... oops."
In SuperS--"Oh god, he's leaving me! He loves Saori! Oh no--oh wait, Saori likes him but he does't like her, and someone else likes Saori and it looks like they're getting together..."

Didn't all of the Inners go through a "Mamoru-how-dare-you" episode in SuperS? I wanted to slap them each time, poor Mamo doesn't deserve it at that point. He's bland after season 1 and R, but he's not a jerk.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:24 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
ShineAquaIllusion wrote:
Crystal Usagi. I'm sorry, Classic Usako, I love you, but it gets so. freaking. annoying. to see her constantly doubt and yell at Mamochan.

In S--"Oh no, he's on a bike with someone! He's leaving me, oh god--oh, hi Unazuki... oops."

Usagi never said those words and its rather normal for a girl to be jealous when she sees her boyfriend riding bike with some other female.

Quote:
In SuperS--"Oh god, he's leaving me! He loves Saori! Oh no--oh wait, Saori likes him but he does't like her, and someone else likes Saori and it looks like they're getting together..."

She was just toying with Chibiusa, she said she trusts Mamoru.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:18 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
My mistake, I don't remember much of that episode. Still, though, I maintain their bond seems stronger in Crystal.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:30 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The problem I have with Classic Usagi is that after acting so mature for a few episodes (the season finales), she completely forgets she is mature and starts acting like always in the new season.
So I vote for Crystal Usagi.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:16 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^
So Anime Usagi is pretty much Pikachu going from Lvl 50 in one region back to Lvl 5 in the next.

--
Personally I feel as though Crystal Usagi is more relatable and mature. She is a subdued character and has many moments where she's in thought (internal and external monologue). She doesn't need to be constantly reminded to transform or attack every single lesson. Sure she can be quite irrational at times (stabbing herself when she killed her evil unofficial boyfriend) but she's a 14 year old girl.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next