Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Official Art
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:40 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
JamesHeart wrote:
Can someone CSI style zoom in on that logo and see what it says under sailor moon crystal. Looks like it might say season 4

From what I can make out, it says "Season III" which makes sense since it's the same logo from season 3. I'm expecting the new season to have an updated logo.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:39 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
JamesHeart wrote:
New ad campaign featuring our qween !!!!

Think it's safe to say that this will be season 4's style :)

Can someone CSI style zoom in on that logo and see what it says under sailor moon crystal. Looks like it might say season 4

I think it says season III.

If I remember correctly, there was a supermarket campaign a long time after season II. They used SS1-2 style. But in the end, they changed the style anyway...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:32 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sailor Starlight wrote:
JamesHeart wrote:

From what I can make out, it says "Season III" which makes sense since it's the same logo from season 3. I'm expecting the new season to have an updated logo.

What if the updated logo were just a change from "III" to "IV"? :lol:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:54 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
I remember that between Season 2 and 3 (after Yukie Sako was fired) there was a calendar with a new image of Sailor Moon Crystal 2, but with a new style (not completely different of course)
It was definitely a hint about the Season 3 style, but I think the style is not definitely until the concept art is done and approved by TOEI.

I think that image of Super Sailor Moon is definitely a hint about what we can expect of Crystal 4.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:14 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Um... Have we talked about this tweet? Replying to the new promo art it says "Original WEB video will be released mid-March."

I'm guessing it's a new CM for that Chocola BB Joma drink... But I'm wondering if it will be anyway related to Season IV?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:41 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
cuau_cg wrote:
I remember that between Season 2 and 3 (after Yukie Sako was fired) there was a calendar with a new image of Sailor Moon Crystal 2, but with a new style (not completely different of course)
It was definitely a hint about the Season 3 style, but I think the style is not definitely until the concept art is done and approved by TOEI.

I think that image of Super Sailor Moon is definitely a hint about what we can expect of Crystal 4.

Contrary to belief Yuki was not fired .

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:11 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Well, if you have a job, and they don't renovate your contract... i call that to be fired.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:32 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
SailorChibiChan wrote:
I found this picture on Tumblr today:

It's possibly fanart (I couldn't find any source saying if it was or isn't), but if Crystal season 4 had this design, I'd like it!

Ohhh My Goodness I really Love the Sailor Moon Eternal Look and to see it in ANY form in the Crystal Season 3 Animation Style is just Grand!

This is likely Fanart, but still it is amazing and even more amazing we will bet getting ALL THE SAILOR SENSHI IN ETERNAL FORM SOON!!! :happy: :smug: :love:

http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Some Cool:

Iron Man 3 - Can You Dig It!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA6scEvEJEY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:26 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r6qBXnMJE0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V78vR6Ll9Uw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u44eCYVcftM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9450-1K3kHc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp2agWhIHKE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv-_Ctk8GcQ

Posted everything from that channel.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:11 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Here's a comparison of the two art styles.

The actual animation is terrible, but the right side really does look like a huge improvement.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:07 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
NJ_ wrote:

well, that was... awful lol

it's just first BB ad with new style all over again
ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:09 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
The new commercial is an improvement, with slight differences, from season 3's style.
But also the latest commercials in season 1-2's style (see above) had some slight differences and improvement, and then season 3's style was pretty different.
We don't even know the new staff of season 4, so I think it's early to assume anything about season 4 from the new BB Chocola commercials.
(and I don't think TOEI will use a commercial to reveal the new style.... If they are planning a new style :-P )
Basically, in the new commercial, eyes and mouth (smaller) are different: maybe it's a preview of these elements in season 4. So, there's the chance we will have these eyes and smaller mouths, and no more lucid spots on cheeks (!!!!) in season 4... among other changes.
The proportion eyes/face and the small mouth move a bit the commercial style's from season 3 back to season 1-2, to me. We have just wait for the first visual of season 4.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:45 am 
Luna
Luna
cuau_cg wrote:

Um this image is GORGEOUS! I wish all of Sailor Moon Crystal looked like this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:46 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It looks almost identical, cant really say if it foreshadows anything as the old commercial looked like slightly different but still s1-2 recreation nonetheless, now its the same. The spots on cheels are still there, you just have to look a little closer

Last edited by SailorSugababe on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:46 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
The logo in the commercial is SS3's.
We still can't be sure anything about SS4.
Here is the Comparison, from FC Sailor Moon

Attachment:
comparison.jpg
comparison.jpg [ 74.35 KiB | Viewed 1395 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:37 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I just hope season 4 will have the bold colors of the commercial. I'm sick of how washed out Crystal has looked thus far.

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:49 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Attachment:
IMG_2950.JPG
IMG_2950.JPG [ 92.17 KiB | Viewed 1007 times ]

Attachment:
C7gdhyLXgAEaPIO.png
C7gdhyLXgAEaPIO.png [ 220.54 KiB | Viewed 922 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:46 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
The new commercial is really really good :love:
Why does the commercial is better than the anime? (in any season???)
Anyway, notice the skirt: a good mix between the complicated skirts in season 1-2 and the flat skirts in season 3.

Are they going for a mix of season 1-2 and season 3 for the upcoming season 4? Or, simply, they put much effort (and details) in commercials instead of in the episodes? ^_^'

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:52 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
blu notte wrote:
The new commercial is really really good :love:
Why does the commercial is better than the anime? (in any season???)
Anyway, notice the skirt: a good mix between the complicated skirts in season 1-2 and the flat skirts in season 3.

Are they going for a mix of season 1-2 and season 3 for the upcoming season 4? Or, simply, they put much effort (and details) in commercials instead of in the episodes? ^_^'

I hope it's the former, but I think it's the latter. ^_^'

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:36 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Giants versus Eagles.

Attachments:
comparison.png
comparison.png [ 240.61 KiB | Viewed 798 times ]
giants.png
giants.png [ 364.53 KiB | Viewed 802 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:01 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ I'd like to see a Sailor Moon spin-off production in which the Senshi girls form a baseball team, & which'd no longer be of the magical-girl genre (hence they only appear in their civilian forms), but of the sports-anime genre. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:03 pm 
Luna
Luna
I prefer the Eagles version.
Its more apparent to me now how Usagi's face has changed - the eyes are bigger but further apart, set lower in the face. The face itself reminds me of the 90s style - not that it is what I wanted, but it looks a lot less generic than last season.

Speaking of, I hope eye details carry over to this new season. I noticed season 3 only really carried over Rei's eyes being different and gave everyone else the same eyes. I hope Makoto gets her slightly more squared eyes, Minako her slightly more pointed eyes and Ami's resemble her season 1 eyes more. All in all, the new eye style is more appealing to me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:20 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
It surely does give the 90s style vibe. Just how 90s SM would look in a modern day

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:42 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
For me, the designs look like an exact recreation of Naoko's style during the early 2000's (which is my favorite art style in the entire Sailor Moon franchise :love:). Even down to the small details, they're incredibly alike.

Attachment:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 591.3 KiB | Viewed 749 times ]

Last edited by Seira Hazuki on Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:44 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Truly how Crystal should have looked all along. Detailed, but not to the point where there's too much going on. Young and expressive, but not to the point of being overly cutesy. Like a 2010s version of the 90s designs. I really hope season 4 will have this look.

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:52 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Truly how Crystal should have looked all along. Detailed, but not to the point where there's too much going on. Young and expressive, but not to the point of being overly cutesy. Like a 2010s version of the 90s designs. I really hope season 4 will have this look.

The only thing is that those "bubbles" on the hair are still there, giving a Precure-esque look/feel. :confused:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:56 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I'm wondering when we're going to see the other girls in this style though. I really want to see Rei-chan.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:02 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Toei must care enough about SM (well at least money wise) to bother to get the style right instead of shelving out washed out , stiff designs over and over again...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:04 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Seira Hazuki wrote:
I'm wondering when we're going to see the other girls in this style though. I really want to see Rei-chan.

Same, i wanna see all of them (greedy me :D )

Reminds me the time from last year when we had that clips of S3 preview from the event in Japan. It was such a hype back then!

I do hope they will continue the different ending songs for season 4. Inners together, Chibiusa and Helios and Pluto + Saturn would be cool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:19 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
MementoNepenthe wrote:

The only thing is that those "bubbles" on the hair are still there, giving a Precure-esque look/feel. :confused:

At least, the overzised mouths with those childish grins are gone (beside the eyes, the main change of this design is the mouth: smaller).
I agree about the hair: it still looks like inflated rubber (a bit less inflated, if you notice, tough). I think that Sako's way to draw Usagi's pigtails was better (more curly, not so big in the middle but more equal along their lenght.... More natural and soft). Hope they are going to change the pigtails.

(but, again, this is still SMCIII - promotion. It says nothing about season IV... Remember the latest commercials marked as seasonI-II).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next