Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Crystal English Dub thread
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:06 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 15 months ago
inactive
Pluto's death was really well-done this episode. Sandy Fox couldn't top Misato Fukuen's "PLUTO!" scream, but most people probably couldn't. Stephanie Sheh sounded great during Usagi's speech right before she transformed.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:17 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Seen wrote:
One thing that kinda bothered me was that they now refer to her three taboos as "laws" now. Every other English adaptation kept that word in, so I'm wondering what was going on with the script writer there.

Mercurius asked about this to her on Twitter last night and here is her response.

https://twitter.com/fredjfrancis/status ... 0782141440 (read the full conversation)
https://twitter.com/Deb_Crane/status/726240291473125376

Quote:
Quote:
Interesting script change of Pluto's "taboo" to "sacred law". I'm thinking it's the same, but more sense. Not saying it's a bad thing, but only pointing that out. Some ppl are curious on the little changes like that.

"taboo" didn't sound natural to me in English. It's not a commonly used word and the way it's used in the OJ and manga implies a seriousness. When we say 'taboo' it's usually a tongue in cheek 'that's naughty' meaning I felt this instance called 4 depth and I don't make changes like that lightly. I wanted the moment to be accessible to people who may not understand Japan

I'm the type of writer who is truest to the emotion of the moment over specific words Best way I can put it.

Seen wrote:
Pluto's death was really well-done this episode. Sandy Fox couldn't top Misato Fukuen's "PLUTO!" scream, but most people probably couldn't.

Yeah, especially with Sandy's natural voice being close to Chibiusa, having her scream the same way probably wouldn't help that scene.

Quote:
Stephanie Sheh sounded great during Usagi's speech right before she transformed.

Yeah and I'm really glad they also changed "Chibiusa" to "I'm so sorry" during that one clip.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 1:03 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
http://www.hulu.com/watch/938115

Act 26 is now up.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:56 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Okay, either Toei royally messed up their translation of this episode in the subtitled version, or Viz decided to just ignore and rewrite a large portion of this episode's dialogue. Nearly half of the dialogue in this episode was completely different from what was said in the subtitles for the Japanese version. It's almost like a completely different script, if not for the other half of dialogue that was faithfully translated. And it's not like any of the Japanese dialogue that was changed was bad or anything. All of it was just fine, in some places quite good. That any of it was redone in the dub as radically as it was is really bizarre and seems to serve no real purpose aside from being different for the sake of being different.

Also, Sailor Moon's line of "I'm so grateful!" to Neo Queen Serenity sounded really forced and awkward. Something like "Thank you so much!" would have sounded much more natural.

And, despite the word "From" being written in English on the queen's letter at the end, the dub narration spoke it as "Sincerely yours".

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 4:42 am 
inactive
Sabrblade wrote:
Also, Sailor Moon's line of "I'm so grateful!" to Neo Queen Serenity sounded really forced and awkward. Something like "Thank you so much!" would have sounded much more natural.

And, despite the word "From" being written in English on the queen's letter at the end, the dub narration spoke it as "Sincerely yours".

That seems to be a huge problem with both the Crystal and the 90s anime dub. They keep trying to shove as many words in as possible to perfectly match the mouth flaps, which isn't even done in the Japanese versions, to the point where they sacrifice natural-sounding English. The end result makes it feel like someone is always talking, and there aren't any short, poignant lines like the original Japanese version.

As for the "I'm so grateful" line, I think it renders the scriptwriter's argument for changing "taboo" moot. You're willing to change a term consistently used in every single translation because you personally think it doesn't sound serious enough (even though Pluto doesn't get any sort of punishments for the first two; which kinda fits a word like "taboo"), but you're fine with something as unnatural as "I'm so grateful" instead of a simple "Thank you so much?" Alrighty then.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:17 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
Quote:
That seems to be a huge problem with both the Crystal and the 90s anime dub. They keep trying to shove as many words in as possible to perfectly match the mouth flaps, which isn't even done in the Japanese versions, to the point where they sacrifice natural-sounding English. The end result makes it feel like someone is always talking, and there aren't any short, poignant lines like the original Japanese version.

This was what bothered me about the '90s re-dub. Maybe they changed that later on as I stopped watching during the Dark Kingdom story.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:07 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Actually more dubs are doing that with the lip syncing it seems

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:36 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maybe it's just me, but I hadn't noticed that issue as much in the 90s redub as I have with Crystal.

Crystal's script adapting is mostly good, but there are a few issues. One that comes to mind is Mamoru calling Chibi-usa "Little Lady", when he originally called her "Chibi-usa". Made her nickname seem to come out of no where when it wasn't that way originally. I was really surprised an issue like that even popped up when the script writer said she's been using the Kodansha release when adapting the scripts... I know Kodansha made quite a few mistakes, but Mamoru coining Chibi-usa's nickname they did get right.

Still, I really enjoyed the dub of the first two arcs. And I do feel most of the changes made were for the better. Just hope season 3's dub will stick a bit closer at times.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 1:03 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
Honestly I have mixed feelings on the changing scripts.At one hand its not as close to the Japanese version. But at the other hand it sounds better when hearing it . A direct translation would never make sense, when your dubbing.Example I remember watching two dubs of Anime movie . It was call The Secrete World of Arriety , before I watch any of the dubs . I saw the Japanese version a million times .One dub as UK the other was USA . While the UK was closer in translation, the USA was closer in the feel of the story .The Uk dub was very awkward, it felt like they were just using a literal translation as the script . Why the USA dub didn't had the exact wording,but mostly the same meaning.It was still very close, but it felt more natural than the UK dub was.The USA dub had some lines change as well.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:23 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Seen wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

One problem with that notion. The "From --> Sincerely yours" change was narration. There were no lip flaps.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 11:08 pm 
inactive
Sabrblade wrote:
One problem with that notion. The "From --> Sincerely yours" change was narration. There were no lip flaps.

I think that one instance was just a plain old case of incompetence.

Most of the time the scriptwriter didn't make such weird changes. I wonder what happened?

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:32 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
You think they will redub that line?

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:33 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Ami Mizuno wrote:
You think they will redub that line?
They haven't redubbed anything else they put online so not likely.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 4:47 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
Sabrblade wrote:
Okay, either Toei royally messed up their translation of this episode in the subtitled version, or Viz decided to just ignore and rewrite a large portion of this episode's dialogue. Nearly half of the dialogue in this episode was completely different from what was said in the subtitles for the Japanese version. It's almost like a completely different script, if not for the other half of dialogue that was faithfully translated. And it's not like any of the Japanese dialogue that was changed was bad or anything. All of it was just fine, in some places quite good. That any of it was redone in the dub as radically as it was is really bizarre and seems to serve no real purpose aside from being different for the sake of being different.

Would you say they conveyed the feeling and meaning of the original script, or is it early-DiC levels of change? And do you think that, because of the in-depth changes, you'll be doing a full comparison? Or would it be too much work?

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:03 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
ShineAquaIllusion wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Would you say they conveyed the feeling and meaning of the original script, or is it early-DiC levels of change? And do you think that, because of the in-depth changes, you'll be doing a full comparison? Or would it be too much work?
I'd really rather not do another lengthy comparison since it'd practically cover the entire episode what with the changed dialogue being all over the place from start to finish.

As for the changed lines conveying the meaning of the original lines, in many cases, it was like DiC levels of deviation but still on the same intelligence level as the original dialogue, meaning none of the new dialogue was either dumbed down or censoring anything from the original, but it was still different for seemingly just the sake of being different. All of the changed dialogue did at least still fit the tone and situations of the animation and the original dialogue, but it's just that it all simply wasn't what was said in the original.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:15 pm 
inactive
I'll do it, then! Similar to the DiC vs. Viz thread, subtitles are bold and dub is italics.

- Death Phantom's taunt was changed from "Queen of the Moon" was changed to "Queen of the Earth" as Sabrblade pointed out. Not big, as Usagi IS Queen of the Earth here.

- Some small added sentiments of "If you want this planet, you have to go through me!" added to Usagi trying to blast Death Phantom.

- Tuxedo Mask: Sailor Moon is gone? That's not possible! Usako!

Tuxedo Mask: She can't be dead, if she was, I'd know it. I'm certain she's alive, but where is she?! Usako!

- Neo Queen Serenity: Small Lady. You've woken up.

Neo Queen Serenity: Just look at you, my dearest daughter.

- Neo Queen Serenity: My body has healed. It's okay now. We can work together to defend this planet.

Neo Queen Serenity: Now that I have recovered from my injuries, and my body has healed, I would be honored if we could join forces and you would help me defend this planet.

- Sailor Chibimoon: From now on, can I help you, Mom?
Neo Queen Serenity: Of course. My one and only princess.

Sailor Chibimoon: I love you too. But I don't know how to be a Guardian.
Neo Queen Serenity: Don't worry. You'll learn. You are my daughter, and I believe in you.

- Neo Queen Serenity: I take responsibility. I put Sailor Moon in danger.

Neo Queen Serenity: I take full responsibility. Had I done a better job of defeating Death Phantom in the first place, Sailor Moon would not be in such danger now.

- Neo Queen Serenity: Using both the Space-Time Key you got from Pluto and your own power, can you cross space and go to Sailor Moon?

Neo Queen Serenity: Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask need help, but I am not able to assist them. Will you take this Space-Time Key, and use your power to aid them on my behalf?

- Sailor Chibimoon: I... I want to be a brave guardian like Sailor Moon... I know I'm only a trainee for now... I will fight with Sailor Moon!

Sailor Chibimoon: I will. I want to be like Sailor Moon: someone with a strong heart, who's not afraid in the face of evil. Even though I only just got my powers, and there's still a lot I have to learn. I'm a Guardian! If she needs me, then I have to go!

- More to come, just got to the first commercial break!

---

- Sailor Moon asks Tuxedo Mask where they are. His reply differs...
Tuxedo Mask: It looks like we were blasted away.
Tuxedo Mask: I'm not sure. Somewhere in deep space, I think.

- Death Phantom: My host body, the planet Nemesis, will be your grave. The "Legendary Silver Crystal," Earth, and the whole Solar System will be enveloped.

Death Phantom: This planet, my host body, will be your graves! Then I'll have the Malefic Black Crystal, and the Silver Crystal! With their awesome powers, the entire universe will belong to me!

- Small added sentiment of "The universe might be better of without us." when Sailor Moon is doubting the power of goodness that the Silver Crystal and herself embody.

- Tuxedo Mask: Usako, I was born to assist you, so... don't look back, just fight.
Sailor Moon: Did you know? I can only activate the power of the "Legendary Silver Crystal" in the presence of your power.

Tuxedo Mask: You're my life. I exist to give you the strength to keep fighting. I am yours: mind, body, and soul.
Sailor Moon: You know what, I didn't realize until just now. I've never been able to use the Crystal's full power, unless you were somewhere close by.

- Sailor Moon: Chibiusa, believe in yourself. Pray. Draw it out. Hit the planet with all your power.

- Sailor Moon: Don't listen to him. All you need to do is believe in yourself, and you can do it! Just clear your mind and try to concentrate. Trust in your own power. Focus. Then hit him with everything you've got!

(The last dub line verges on added dialogue, since there is no speaking when Chibimoon begins to focus her Moon Rod at Nemesis originally.)

- Sailor Venus: It's the Queen's miracle.

Sailor Venus: The Queen brought the planet back to life.

- Sailor Mars and Sailor Jupiter's "Usagi!" was changed to them saying "She did it!"

- Sailor Venus: Neo Queen Serenity. Aren't you going to see...
Neo Queen Serenity: I have to go back to the Crystal Palace.
Sailor Venus: Queen...
Neo Queen Serenity: Meeting my past self is not part of history... I shall grant you new power from here.

Sailor Venus: What about you, Your Majesty? Aren't you going to come?
Neo Queen Serenity: I must return to the Crystal Palace without seeing her.
Sailor Venus: Why's that?
Neo Queen Serenity: It's forbidden to meet one's past self. Such an encounter could alter history. So in order to grant Sailor Moon new power, I shall have to bestow it upon her from here.

- Neo Queen Serenity: Sailor Moon... The Guardian of Mystery. I grant you a new compact to protect the "Legendary Silver Crystal." And I grant Cosmic Power. So that you can fight with an abundance of confidence.

Neo Queen Serenity: Sailor Moon... The Guardian of Mystery. I give you this new brooch, so that you may continue to keep the Legendary Silver Crystal safe and close to your heart. And I further grant you Cosmic Power! So you can keep fighting for love and for justice, with more courage than ever!

- Sailor Venus: Time has started to flow normally. We have to go back now, too.

Sailor Venus: And now that the future is safe, it's about time we were headed home ourselves.

- Sailor Chibimoon: Well, let's go. I'll guide you to the past, in Pluto's stead.

Sailor Chibimoon: Everybody ready? Pluto may be gone, but I'll guide us back, just like she showed me.

- Is it bad that, so far, I like the dub's script better? The original script was not bad, no, but it's a lot dryer. I'm at the point after Usagi wakes up in her present.

---

- Chibiusa: Mamo-chan, you were my prince. Thank you.

Chibiusa: You're my knight in shining armor. Even though you wear a mask and cape. Thanks, Mamo.

- I still think Tokyopop got it best by having Chibiusa say, "Bunny... Out of everyone, I liked you the bestest." It was extremely adorable.

- Usagi's "I know we'll see Chibiusa again someday" speech is now prefaced by her saying, "Mamo's right."

- The "Sincerely yours" change from the "From" in Neo Queen Serenity's letter can be attributed to the original Toei subtitles, just saying.

- Chibiusa: I'll be under your care again!

Chibiusa: Yup! I'm back in the past, and I'm here to stay!

- The changes are honestly not as bad as I was expecting.

Last edited by ShineAquaIllusion on Mon May 09, 2016 5:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:47 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Welcome to my world. ^_^'

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:06 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
Don't those all mean essentially the same things? :?

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:08 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Next mission: Crunchyroll's translation. :P

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:23 pm 
inactive
Just about finished the comparison if you guys wanna recheck it.

Bag of Magic Food wrote:
Don't those all mean essentially the same things? :?

Eh, more or less. There was some added clarity, some minor rephrasing that changes nuances and subtleties about the world-building, some changed lines, and Neo Queen Serenity now speaks with more certainty than she originally did. I honestly think Sabrblade was exaggerating a little bit. The biggest line change, in my opinion, is Chibiusa and Neo Queen Serenity's little speech about "Can you trust me to help you from now on?"

NJ_ wrote:
Next mission: Crunchyroll's translation. :P

LOL no.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:07 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
So, when VIZ releases Crystal on DVD/Blu-Ray, will the subtitles be for the VIZ translation or the original japanese dialogue. Or will they actually include two subtitle tracks.

guess we will have to wait and see.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:31 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Sailor Chibimoon: "From now on, can I help you, Mom?"
Neo Queen Serenity: "Of course. My one and only princess."

I missed those lines, but otherwise, I'm good with the rest of the changes. I like how some additions made it even more faithful to the manga, like Moon thinking maybe the world would be better off without her and the Silver Crystal.

Also, I think ShineAquaIllusion did the right thing comparing it to the Hulu subs. I believe those were what the script adapter had to work with, based on her comments about the quality of the translation she had to work with. XD

NeoKingEndymion wrote:
So, when VIZ releases Crystal on DVD/Blu-Ray, will the subtitles be for the VIZ translation or the original japanese dialogue. Or will they actually include two subtitle tracks.

guess we will have to wait and see.

From my understanding, in a case like this Viz would normally re-subtitle from scratch for the DVD/Blu-Rays subs. But I have heard Toei is starting to require companies to leave their subs in tact on some shows, so Crystal could end up being one of those shows. Hopefully not though. ^_^' :dead:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:36 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Time to resurrect this thread (thanks Neon Genesis)

https://www.hulu.com/grid/sailor-moon-c ... ies=dubbed
https://view.yahoo.com/show/sailor-moon ... anguage=en

All of season 3 is now up.

Last edited by NJ_ on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:40 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
I'm glad to see Viz is still uploading new dub content to their free streaming. For awhile it seemed like they had abandoned it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:38 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
A few notes to get out of the way.

-The changes made for seasons 1 & 2 on Hulu are not here (no English credits or title cards)
-Sponsor cards are kept intact (expected since like Seasons 1-2, the Portuguese dub aired with them as well)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:27 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Okay, I did a bunch of comparisons between the dub and sub of the first two seasons before, but I really don't know if I'm up to doing the same for season 3 any time soon. I'll watch it, but the timing of this release has come when I'm right in the middle of another project of mine (a Disney-related one), so I'm not really felling committed to going through with comparing the Season 3 dub to its subbed version to see what all has been changed or kept the same.

If something obvious stands out to me while I'm watching the Season 3 dub, I'll mention, but I more than likely won't be giving my usual thorough rundown of observations like I've done in the past. Maybe someday later on, but I still haven't even gotten around to seeing the Viz redub of S yet.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:20 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Episode 27 -

Pharaoh 90's voice sounds far less scary here than in the Japanese version. Here he just sounds like an angry man instead of the booming demonic voice his Japanese voice sounded like.

Chibiusa's use of "Ikuko Mama" is dubbed as "Mommy Ikuko"

The new reporter pronounced "Minato" as "MEE-n'to", barely putting any emphasis on the "a" vowel.

"Mugen Gakuen" is rightfully dubbed as "Mugen Academy"

The manga's term "atavism" is kept in the dub

"Kenji Papa" is dubbed as "Daddy Kenji"

By now, the dubbers have gotten to where they no longer have any difficulty pronouncing "Chibiusa" correctly, so that's good.

Mamoru's use of "Usa" is kept

Diana refers to Mamoru as "Master Mamoru" in the dub, and she still sounds too grown up instead of sounding infantile like in the Japanese versions of both Crystal and the 90's anime

"Kaiohmaru" is kept, and pronounced like how names would be spoken in the dub of InuYasha ("Kai-OH-ma-RU"), which rolls off the tongue well enough

Haruka's coach sounds like he's voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch

"Tenohmaru" is kept as well, likewise pronounced "Ten-OH-ma-RU".

Haruka's and Michiru's names are pronounced perfectly

Ami's IQ is rightfully given as 300. None of that "over 9000" nonsense from the 90's anime redub.

"Sankakusu" is kept.

"Evil spirit, be gone!" is kept from the previous seasons

Since the girls don't yet know of the word "Daimon"/"Daemon" at this time, they refer to the Daimon in this episode and in the next-episode preview as "an atavism".

That's all I got for this episode without doing line-for-line comparisons of all the dialogue.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:40 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Episode 28 -

Like "Sankakusu", "Mugenzu" is kept too.

"Tenohzu", "Kaiohzu", and "Meiohzu are all kept too.

Like in the Viz redub of S (as I've heard other mention and have seen from at least one dub clip), "Daimon" here is pronounced like "Daemon" ("day-mihn").

"Magus" is pronounced like it was in Disney's Gargoyles, as "may-ghus"

"Hostes" is spoken like "hosts", making it sound redundant when referred to separately from "Vessels"

Ugh, Kyusuke's dub voice makes him sound like a man in his 20s.

"Burning Mandala" is still said wrong.

Episode 29 -

Having not yet seen the Viz dub of S, Hotaru here sounds just a little bit older than her Japanese voice.

Kaolinite's civilian moniker of "Kaori" is pronounced here as "Kah-oh-ree".

I cannot help but laugh at how Professor Tomoe's dub voice makes zero attempts to hide his evil nature, opting instead to simply have him always sound so sinister as his default voice. :lol:

Eudial's name, which was pronounced in Japanese as "Yu-ji-a-ru", is pronounced here as "Yu-dee-uhl".

The girls sing the English Happy Birthday song to Rei at her party.

Minako claims, in the dub, that Makoto doesn't know Judo. Is this true, or another dubbing error?

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:30 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Episode 30 -

Haruka/Uranus, in Usagi dream sequence, says that they must gather the Talismans for the "god of destruction"

And to fit the lip flaps, when Mamoru speaks of this person moments later, he calls it "destruction god"

Forgot to mention this from last episode, but it's in this episode as well. The title that both Eudial and Mimete hold in their student identities for their respective education departments is dubbed as "class prefect".

Chibiusa says that all the lamps in Hotaru's room make it feel like "a romantic fairy tale"

When dropping off Chibiusa, Michiru calls her "little Usagi"

To get around the extra "ni nare!" command lip flaps of Minako's Sailor V compact transformation, she adds "A boy one!" to the end of her command to be changed into a Mugen Academy student.

Venus calls Mimete a "siren" as an insult

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:34 pm 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
After watching the dub for Crystal 3, it's become pretty clear to me they put WAY more effort into Crystal's overall dub compared to the 90's dub. It's likely that because Crystal is such a short series they have a lot more time to polish up the lines. I have a feeling that the 90's dub is all done in one take, and that might be a result from it being such a long series that they just have to rush out the dub for it.

I'll admit, I was pretty bored with the new S dub. But watching Crystal 3, everyone's voices are WAY more polished. The one I noticed the most was Sailor Saturn. No longer does her voice actress sound like she's reading straight off a script. Pretty much all the Death Busters sound great this time around. Stephanie Sheh still struggles with attack/transformation calls but that's nothing new, but she sounds a lot less nasally in this dub overall. The Crystal 3 dub is very watchable, imo!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next