* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Crystal going beyond Stars
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:56 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Empress Serenity wrote:
With all the new dwarf planet discoveries in the solar system in recent years, Chibiusa could totally form her own posse of sailor senshi. Pluto can join her team since she's always been more attached to Small Lady anyway. :D Her own "inners" could be Sailor Pluto, Sailor Eris, Sailor Sedna and Sailor Ceres.

Problem, though, is the fan base have grown up with and are attached to the existing set of characters (sailor moon + inner and outer senshi). Without those characters, a new season may not be as well received.

Actually Chibi Moon all ready has her own Inners and it is not any Dwarf Planet Senshi. Her Senshi is the Sailor Quartet aka the Asteroid Senshi Sailor Ceres, Sailor Pallas, Sailor Juno and Sailor Vesta. Now who Chibi Moon or maybe the future Sailor Moon might get as her Outer Senshi if she was given any is up in the air.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:47 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Yeah that is what I thinking, that is what I want. I love to see the Sailor Quaret in their 90's anime personality go to school with Chibiusa. I remember the 90's anime had this one episode when one of them helps train Chibiusa's classmates for some sport event, love to see more of that.

One thing I like to see is manga Chibiusa's desire to grown up personality and the Sailor Quaret have their Peter Pan like 90's anime desire to want to stay young as long as possible personlaity. I think they would compliment each other well.
That could also be a good material for comedy between Chibiusa & the Quartet. :D

After reading that comment, and finding this fanart on this German SM Facebook group, i now want to watch such sequel even more
https://www.facebook.com/SailorMoon.Sai ... 59/?type=3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:41 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
kamil88 wrote:
After Crystal Stars arc is finished, would you like to watch anime only sequel, similar to Saint Seiya Omega/Soul Of Gold, Dragon Ball GT/Super? For me, i would love to, especially if it had Chibi-Usa and Sailor Quartet as main characters in Neo Queen Serenity times :) However, only if schedule is carefully planned, and they won't rush with production, i saw some episodes of Super, especially 5 and F retelling....don't do it again, Toei :mrgreen:

It is complicated.

Naoko Takeuchi would have to (a) write a new original story much like CLAMP is doing with "Cardcaptor Sakura" or (b) allow a new mangaka or writer to write the story for her.

Masami Kurumada, author of Saint Seya, gave permission to a new writer to create a Saint Seyia spin-off. "Saint Seyia: The Lost Canvas," for example, was written and illustrated by Shiori Teshigori.

Would Naoko allow someone else to touch her property? I don't think so.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:44 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:
Empress Serenity wrote:
With all the new dwarf planet discoveries in the solar system in recent years, Chibiusa could totally form her own posse of sailor senshi. Pluto can join her team since she's always been more attached to Small Lady anyway. :D Her own "inners" could be Sailor Pluto, Sailor Eris, Sailor Sedna and Sailor Ceres.

Problem, though, is the fan base have grown up with and are attached to the existing set of characters (sailor moon + inner and outer senshi). Without those characters, a new season may not be as well received.

Actually Chibi Moon all ready has her own Inners and it is not any Dwarf Planet Senshi. Her Senshi is the Sailor Quartet aka the Asteroid Senshi Sailor Ceres, Sailor Pallas, Sailor Juno and Sailor Vesta. Now who Chibi Moon or maybe the future Sailor Moon might get as her Outer Senshi if she was given any is up in the air.

Ceres is a dwarf planet, so technically Chibi Moon /does/ have a Dwarf Planet Senshi :wink:

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:52 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Clow wrote:
kamil88 wrote:
After Crystal Stars arc is finished, would you like to watch anime only sequel, similar to Saint Seiya Omega/Soul Of Gold, Dragon Ball GT/Super? For me, i would love to, especially if it had Chibi-Usa and Sailor Quartet as main characters in Neo Queen Serenity times :) However, only if schedule is carefully planned, and they won't rush with production, i saw some episodes of Super, especially 5 and F retelling....don't do it again, Toei :mrgreen:

It is complicated.

Naoko Takeuchi would have to (a) write a new original story much like CLAMP is doing with "Cardcaptor Sakura" or (b) allow a new mangaka or writer to write the story for her.

Masami Kurumada, author of Saint Seya, gave permission to a new writer to create a Saint Seyia spin-off. "Saint Seyia: The Lost Canvas," for example, was written and illustrated by Shiori Teshigori.

There doesn't need to be manga created for Sailor Moon to get a sequel though. Super doesn't follow any manga, and it's basically a new story created by Toei with Akira Toriyama heavily supervising the story and providing character designs.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:12 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Seira Hazuki wrote:
Clow wrote:
kamil88 wrote:

It is complicated.

There doesn't need to be manga created for Sailor Moon to get a sequel though. Super doesn't follow any manga, and it's basically a new story created by Toei with Akira Toriyama heavily supervising the story and providing character designs.

Even without a manga, Naoko would have to be willing to allow someone else to touch her property.

After she recovered the rights of "Sailor Moon," it felt like she wouldn't let TOEI do anything without her permission and it seems to me that Crystal is happening because Naoko wishes a faithful, 1:1 adaptation of the story she wrote.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:11 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Since people are talking anime-only sequels and bringing up other Toei stuff, I'll just say to watch Tiger Mask W.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/tiger-mask-w

It was co-promoted with New Japan Pro Wrestling and other than a few weak episodes in the beginning, actually has some good talent in here and has been good so far plot & animation-wise.

https://sakugabooru.com/post?tags=tiger_mask_w
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2016/10/25 ... oeis-past/

The only issue (if you can call it that) is that they may have retconned the 80s Tiger Mask II series which was also anime-only and also had New Japan's involvement back then.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:26 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Clow wrote:
Even without a manga, Naoko would have to be willing to allow someone else to touch her property.

After she recovered the rights of "Sailor Moon," it felt like she wouldn't let TOEI do anything without her permission and it seems to me that Crystal is happening because Naoko wishes a faithful, 1:1 adaptation of the story she wrote.

Unless any of us speak to Naoko directly, none of us know exactly what she wants.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:51 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Ceres is a dwarf planet, so technically Chibi Moon /does/ have a Dwarf Planet Senshi :wink:

Even though Ceres is now classified as a 'dwarf planet', but around the time when the manga was completed, Ceres was still classified as an 'asteroid' and Pluto was still considered a 'planet' (aka major planet), the whole 'dwarf planet' classification was not even created back then until 2006.

Anyway, I like the idea of extending Crystal even beyond the Stars arc, I think as long as Naoko Takeuchi herself permits, Toei could create its own original story post-Stars, they were able to create their own original Doom Tree arc exclusively for the 90s anime whilst they gave Naoko more time to work on the manga. So I think if Naoko gives Toei permission to do so, they could extend Crystal beyond Stars if they want to.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:41 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
If it's true that the Dream arc and Stars arc are going to be combined for one season just like S1/S2 then I think it's even more likely that we might get a sequel.

They literally just started celebrating the 25th Anniversary, doing Dream/Stars together would mean that Crystal would be over in less than a year's time. The 20th Anniversary lasted for years. Can they keep that momentum going without a new anime after Crystal is done?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:00 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SILVER wrote:
I would rather we get a combination of Stars + Codename Sailor V and THEN the side stories.

I'd love to see Codename =^_^=

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:52 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membership
Please Toei, let the Sailor V anime happen with Route Venus as opening.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:18 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Yes I would love so much to have Codename Sailor V as an animated prequel. I would prefer if they adapted it to the 90s canon but I would still be fine with and like to see Crystal do it. Especially so I can see what many of the villains look like in color. I would also like to see Parallel Sailor Moon be animated to see what the Parallel Inners look like in color.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:18 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I am with you on most of the ideas. A Chiiusa / Sailor Quartet centered story, I am all for that, or at least for a good chunk of an arc, like Gohan at the beginning of the Buu saga. If that happens, I want the Quartet to have some sort of special relationship or what have you with Hotaru aka Sailor Saturn, for all intese she saved their lives. If it wasn't for her, they wouldn't be alive.

A Codename Sailor V adaption, some of the side story getting an adaption.

Can't go wrong with any of these.

Last edited by zttmoon on Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:00 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I would like a movie with an original story.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:21 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membership
I'd love a movie about Sailor Cosmos vs Sailor Chaos in distant future.