Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Theories as to when we can expect a Crystal announcement?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:26 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
I totally forgot about the cash cow points in other areas never touched before. Can you imagine Asteroid Sensei, Heavy Metal and Galaxies Figures? Every fan will def want to have merchandise featuring the Sensei featured in Stars. Just thinking about it gets me excited.

It should be "Senshi" - "sensei" has a different meaning. :wink:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:26 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I feel like, they should hurry up, Madhouse CardCaptor Sakura Clear Card anime is coming up in 2018, it have same director, and they confirmed main cast returns, with make me wonder Toei only got Mitsuishi-san to return for Crystal? I don't hate new cast, i think they are doing great job, but many old SM actresses are still active seiyuu,

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:24 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
kamil88 wrote:
I feel like, they should hurry up, Madhouse CardCaptor Sakura Clear Card anime is coming up in 2018, it have same director, and they confirmed main cast returns, with make me wonder Toei only got Mitsuishi-san to return for Crystal? I don't hate new cast, i think they are doing great job, but many old SM actresses are still active seiyuu,

Um that depends ?Is this a reboot , or a sequel? If its reboot it make sense to get new actors.If it a sequel it make since it stayed the same.Because it would be a continuation of the same story?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:45 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Sequel, and i kinda agree with reboot and sequel, but..why they didnt change Sailor Moon actress, again, i dont have anyhting about current Crystal cast, but i still think it is little unfair other (active) actresses didn't reprise their roles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:02 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
kamil88 wrote:
Sequel, and i kinda agree with reboot and sequel, but..why they didnt change Sailor Moon actress, again, i dont have anyhting about current Crystal cast, but i still think it is little unfair other (active) actresses didn't reprise their roles

I think this is my own speculation . But well I think the reason they kept Kotono was because she was the most popular .As in she was the most well known for that role.Again this is just my opinion .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:58 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It'd be interesting to see if Crystal does continue in 2018 will it end up competing with Cardcaptor Sakura? It's hard for me to imagine any kind of Toei adaptation looking favorable compared to something put forth by Madhouse.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:59 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Seira Hazuki wrote:
It'd be interesting to see if Crystal does continue in 2018 will it end up competing with Cardcaptor Sakura? It's hard for me to imagine any kind of Toei adaptation looking favorable compared to something put forth by Madhouse.

The animation quality gap between those two shows had already been large even back then. :lol:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:02 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Sometimes I wish Crystal was done by a more fluid studio (if that makes sense). I do appreciate them for what they have done since they were really responsible for SM's popularity today. I wasn't the biggest fan of CCS but I thought it was a good show with animation better than SM at times. I thought it was done by a different studio other than madhouse. I wonder why Madhouse wanted CCS this time. I'm interested in seeing how it will turn out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:07 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
2018 is 20th anniversary of CardCaptor Sakura anime, it will probably be sequel to old anime, can't be manga, since anime and manga are different, kinda like Sailor Moon, wonder if Mokona Apapa will also be character designer for new anime?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:00 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It's pointless to wish another studio would be animating Crystal because like it or not Toei played a huge part with shaping the Sailor Moon series right down to it being more than five girls instead of just one. They must own some kind of rights to producing any anime.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:33 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
off topic (almost):

I m a big fan of Cardcaptor Sakura series...I ve watched it even before than Sailor Moon!! =^_^=

I saw all the anime and have all the 12 manga, even with their cards!! =^_^=

I have 2 figures of the WBkids era...Blue Warrior Sakura and Li with Sword... :keke:
I also have a School Sakura Bandai 2004... :keke:
I have a copy of 2 CCS videogames..and I ve completed them!! :keke:
(Animated Story and Clow Card Magic..both for PS1!!) =^_^=

When I ve heard that a CCS sequel was planned for january 2018...I couldn t believe it!! :ohdear:
So, I will buy a new sh figurarts of Sakura!! =^_^=

I m palnning to get new merch. when the CCS sequel will be on NHK!! =^_^=

It s no surprise that I ve used the sakuraxchan nickname on many sailor moon and saint seiya forums... :keke:
I m a CCS fan since late 2000!! =^_^=

end of offtopic!!

I guess that Toei will do the last 2 arcs of Sailor Moon Crystal... =^_^=
It will be silly to show the Pegasus beginning with the eclipse and not doing the Dream arc!! :roll:
Toei is not Mattel or Bandai America...(they cut Masters of the Unverse 200x and Thundercats 2011!!) :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:42 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
I totally forgot about the cash cow points in other areas never touched before. Can you imagine Asteroid Sensei, Heavy Metal and Galaxies Figures? Every fan will def want to have merchandise featuring the Sensei featured in Stars. Just thinking about it gets me excited.

But everyone wants merchandise of Haruda!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:47 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
sakuraxchan wrote:
I guess that Toei will do the last 2 arcs of Sailor Moon Crystal... =^_^=

Personally, I'd say "I hope that Toei will do the last 2 arcs of Sailor Moon Crystal" instead at this stage. :)

Salem Saberhagen wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

But everyone wants merchandise of Haruda!

I guess you meant to type either "Haruna" or "Sakurada"? lol

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:13 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
"Haruda" is what the students called Haruna in the manga (and Crystal, too, if I'm not mistaken). It's a pun on her name and the English word "hard" because she's a difficult teacher. :)

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:00 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
MementoNepenthe wrote:
"Haruda" is what the students called Haruna in the manga (and Crystal, too, if I'm not mistaken). It's a pun on her name and the English word "hard" because she's a difficult teacher. :)

Sorry for my unawareness regarding that. ^_^'

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:49 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Other: Straw-Hats 4 life
MementoNepenthe wrote:

That's funny P-: sounds like something I'd do if I was a student in her class

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:42 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
Sometimes I wish Crystal was done by a more fluid studio (if that makes sense). I do appreciate them for what they have done since they were really responsible for SM's popularity today. I wasn't the biggest fan of CCS but I thought it was a good show with animation better than SM at times. I thought it was done by a different studio other than madhouse. I wonder why Madhouse wanted CCS this time. I'm interested in seeing how it will turn out.

Maybe one day , after Crystal ends . But imagine another company wanted to make another adaption of sailor moon it would be years from now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:01 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
huh it's already December and still not announcement for Dream arc... this a long wait compared to last time, do hope they don't change anything drastic and keep it with the manga storyline which they did with Infinity (no changes in deaths of villains especially the amazon trio this time)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:52 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: MIA
nixandrc wrote:
huh it's already December and still not announcement for Dream arc... this a long wait compared to last time, do hope they don't change anything drastic and keep it with the manga storyline which they did with Infinity (no changes in deaths of villains especially the amazon trio this time)

Considering they are releasing the movie next month, it might be released around the same time or after to promote the new season...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:18 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^Viz's theatrical release of the R movie has nothing to do with Toei & Crystal...

As for Crystal, if season 4 does happen then we're likely looking at another new director because as mentioned in the other thread, Chiaki Kon has moved on to Naruto Fillerden as it's new series director starting with episode 484 (the beginning of the Sasuke novel arc) which premiered this week.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:48 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
NJ_ wrote:
^Viz's theatrical release of the R movie has nothing to do with Crystal...

As for Crystal, if season 4 does happen then we're likely looking at another new director because as mentioned in the other thread, Chiaki Kon has moved on to Naruto Fillerden as it's new series director starting with episode 484 (the beginning of the Sasuke novel arc) which premiered this week.

Uh, I'm saying that they might release it around that time, since it might help boost viewership..

Look at how the MCU releases the films alongside Agents of Shield, where there are multiple references of what happened in the films (i.e. how in season 3 they mention about the Sokovia Accords from Civil War.)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:28 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Sailor Moon Crystal 4 and Where to Find Them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:25 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Crystal Moon wrote:

Hope it wouldn't be only in a parallel universe. :lol:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:43 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
NJ_ wrote:
^Viz's theatrical release of the R movie has nothing to do with Toei & Crystal...

I couldn't help but laugh when you said that. :lol: :lol:

July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:

Last edited by Usagi-Fifth-Doctor on Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:06 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Crystal Moon wrote:

Why did I burst out laughing at this....?? :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:21 pm 
Luna
Luna
lunar5313 wrote:
NJ_ wrote:

Uh, I'm saying that they might release it around that time, since it might help boost viewership..

Look at how the MCU releases the films alongside Agents of Shield, where there are multiple references of what happened in the films (i.e. how in season 3 they mention about the Sokovia Accords from Civil War.)

No, The R movie and s4 of Crystal are separate entities. If you think Viz and Toei are planning some cross promotional campaign then you've let your imagination run wild...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:29 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Sera-V wrote:
lunar5313 wrote:
NJ_ wrote:

No, The R movie and s4 of Crystal are separate entities. If you think Viz and Toei are planning some cross promotional campaign then you've let your imagination run wild...

Nvm....some people don't get the message......

I am just going to leave this thread...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:29 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:
Well whenever it does happen, here's hoping the amount of Toei shows drop again when it goes into production.

With the usual 3 (Precure, One Piece & Super), they have Appmon which is likely to last a year and Tiger Mask W which is 39 episodes plus they might be working on a new Saint Seiya anime if that's what this upcoming announcement is supposed to be (which would explain Soul of Gold currently airing on TV right now).

A new update to this:

https://twitter.com/Deem939/status/804770336201998336
https://twitter.com/Deem939/status/804773970935418881
https://twitter.com/Deem939/status/805270128443138048

3 new Saint Seiya projects announced, one is a second ONA series like Soul of Gold (Why?), the other is a CG TV series...and the other is a live-action movie (FFS WHY?!). :angry:

And the wait continues...

EDIT:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... re/.109454

Guess we can add another Toei show to the list as Kado: The Right Answer, a CG show that was announced late last year, will be premiering in April.

Last edited by NJ_ on Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:42 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Season 4 in 2018 it is then!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:31 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Seira Hazuki wrote:
Season 4 in 2018 it is then!

Currently I'm not sure about that either - we just dunno: (1) whether they'd produce S4 in the end (even if they really had such intention back then, whether it'd eventually turn out to be realized is a different matter), & (2) if so, when.

My J-pop thread

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next