Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Theories as to when we can expect a Crystal announcement?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:44 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:
They're too busy with Saint Seiya & other stuff to start working on more Crystal right now. If any announcement happens, it'll probably be sometime after they're done with Tiger Mask W (which at 39 episodes will end airing in Summer '17) or Appmon (which assuming it's a year long like most Digimon shows, will probably end in Fall '17).

I'm afraid that who watches season 4 will forget the first 3 seasons. :orly: :orly: :orly:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:09 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm waiting for an official announcement. All these random people with "official" news/speculation is causing unnecessary panic.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:20 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Crystal Moon wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
They're too busy with Saint Seiya & other stuff to start working on more Crystal right now. If any announcement happens, it'll probably be sometime after they're done with Tiger Mask W (which at 39 episodes will end airing in Summer '17) or Appmon (which assuming it's a year long like most Digimon shows, will probably end in Fall '17).

I'm afraid that who watches season 4 will forget the first 3 seasons. :orly: :orly: :orly:

You mean in Japan? Nah, they could air reruns of 1-3 before premiering 4, just like they did with 1 & 2 before 3 premiered. Either that or add a short recap to Act 39 (IF it's a 2-parter like 27 was).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:24 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I remember we were joking about the 20th annivesary going for so long only to hit the 25th...and yes, next year is indeed the 25th SM annivesary. Who knows, maybe thats why they didnt announced anything yet? Maybe they're waiting for the right time. Afterall the 20th annivesary was great marketing idea and allowed them to produce and release an actual avalanche of SM merch and stuff in general (including new musicals, anime and manga re-release).

As for the composer saying he doesnt know anything: remember that they didnt announce anything so he's most likely gagged no matter the situation. Even if he knew something he cant reveal and spoil it. Thats why him saying he didnt hear anything doesnt mean much

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:52 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
I think right now they are focusing on Kira Kira Precure more, Staff was confirmed yesterday, and they hired lots of well known people.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:23 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
NJ_ wrote:
You mean in Japan? Nah, they could air reruns of 1-3 before premiering 4, just like they did with 1 & 2 before 3 premiered. Either that or add a short recap to Act 39 (IF it's a 2-parter like 27 was).

I don't want to wait for other 9 months to watch season 4. I could say, SMC is a patchy series.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:45 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
NJ_ wrote:

I'm feeling pretty much the same way myself. The only positive bit of hope I can offer is considering Dragon Ball Super is going into its Universal Survival Arc (how can you top that?!) in February, I think it is going to conclude next year after another 30 more episodes or so.

Although it is frustrating to continue to see Sailor Moon get shafted and not made a priority by Toei, all of this may be for the best. The last two arcs of Sailor Moon have the most changes and exciting things for fans to see. If waiting longer means we get Chiaki Kon back and some decent effort put into the rest of the series, I can by all means wait till early 2018. I for one can tide myself over with all the Viz releases, which I haven't even bought or watched at all. As long as they do a combo 22-24 episodes altogether every week wrapping up the entire series altogether.

All of this makes me wonder how much new merchandise we will see next year and if we will see a Stars musical in the fall despite Toei being a season behind. I know we are getting two more Figuarts Zeros, the Kaleidemoonscope, and the Tuxedo Mirage memorial ornament, but that's about it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:21 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
They're still releasing Crystal merchandise (Sailor Uranus and Neptune figures are being released next year) so I think people who speculate that Crystal's cancelled need to calm down.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:41 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
^Same goes for people who think Dragon Ball Super is ending, especially when Dragon Ball merch sales being the highest in years will likely prevent that from happening.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:45 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
CopeDog87 wrote:
NJ_ wrote:

Although it is frustrating to continue to see Sailor Moon get shafted and not made a priority by Toei, all of this may be for the best. The last two arcs of Sailor Moon have the most changes and exciting things for fans to see. If waiting longer means we get Chiaki Kon back and some decent effort put into the rest of the series, I can by all means wait till early 2018. I for one can tide myself over with all the Viz releases, which I haven't even bought or watched at all. As long as they do a combo 22-24 episodes altogether every week wrapping up the entire series altogether.

I agree with this post so much. These last two seasons were changed a lot and fans have a lot to look forward to, including us veterans, not seeing a number of things from the manga. It will be super exciting to seeing many things I cant wait..(well I can). If it means producing a great season, I'm for it. Also interested in the new Sailor Moon R movie dub to see how well it's done. I know I'm asking to much but I hope they will patch of StarS a tad bit to make it better in closure....then again maybe we might get a spinoff series staring Chibi-Usa (I wouldn't count on it, but you never know).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:58 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Maybe they've postponed crystal for a little bit for Sailor Mars' voice actress. She just had a baby. :roll: JK

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 4.03.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 4.03.51 PM.png [ 24.26 KiB | Viewed 1506 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:06 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: CLAMP PR
TOEI produces a lot of anime.

I think it is better to continue waiting and giving them all the time they need to get arcs 4 and 5 done right.

It is better to have a beautiful and polished product (season III) than a product that lacks quality (seasons I and II).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:17 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
^ That's true, but I don't see S3 as a beautiful and polished product. I don't really see much difference between the BD version of S1-2 and S3. The only episode that was better than anything in the first 2 seasons was Jupiter's episode.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:01 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
MoonRaito wrote:
^ That's true, but I don't see S3 as a beautiful and polished product. I don't really see much difference between the BD version of S1-2 and S3. The only episode that was better than anything in the first 2 seasons was Jupiter's episode.

Every single episode had more movement and animation than all of the S1-2 episodes. The only episode on the same level as S1/2's stuff was episode 11.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:56 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
S1 and S2 couldn't even animate a person running properly. Both in the ONA and Bluray edition. :evillaugh:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:46 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Can they combine the mature character design and the smooth movement?

For some reasons, I think SMC season 4 and 5 should have same character designs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:09 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I'm not sure if I want Dream and Stars packaged together as one season like S1 & S2. It felt like the Dark Kingdom finale really suffered in quality the most because they were probably busy animating the first Black Moon episodes.

Then again, it could be only 11 episodes, and Toei would still have the potential to **** up the scene where they all become princesses. It really feels like dumb luck in terms of what episodes end up looking good with them.

It'd be nice if they kept the same designs for consistency though (well only as long as Dream's designs are any good).

Also, why do they have this strange feeling like they're going to do something weird with Season 4, like make it into a series of movies or maybe do it all in 3DCG... Maybe it's just the lack of news that's making my brain go to all sorts of different places.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:16 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Seen2 wrote:
MoonRaito wrote:

Every single episode had more movement and animation than all of the S1-2 episodes. The only episode on the same level as S1/2's stuff was episode 11.

I agree that S3's animation had more movement, but it was still decent animation. Nothing above average. First 2 seasons couldn't properly animate movements but we got many detailed and beautiful shots, while in S3 we got more lively animation but not as beautiful as the first seasons. We still got a few good shots, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:45 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
MoonRaito wrote:
Seen2 wrote:
MoonRaito wrote:

I agree that S3's animation had more movement, but it was still decent animation. Nothing above average. First 2 seasons couldn't properly animate movements but we got many detailed and beautiful shots, while in S3 we got more lively animation but not as beautiful as the first seasons. We still got a few good shots, though.

I agree with you. At least there were some beautiful frames for us to capture in Ss1-2. while in season 3, everything looks so... average.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:15 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I agree that Seasons 1 and 2 had some beautiful frames every now and then, and, giant heads aside, better/more detailed character designs. However there was almost no motion/animation, those first 26 episodes were basically glorified Power Point presentations, the animators didn't know how to depict facial expressions so we just got blank stares and tiny o mouths most of the time, and they constantly went off model.

Season III had actual fluid motion/animation and the characters didn't go majorly off-model every two seconds. We also got facial expressions and normal-sized heads. But we also got less detailed character designs, the Sailors ended up in hideous droopy handkerchief Dorito pleated skirts, hideous profiles became part of the character models, and while the Inners may have looked cuter and more their age, the Outers just looked terrible and derpy. We may have gotten fluidity and overall consistency, but that meant everything had to be bland and cheap, too.

Really what made Season III better than 1 and 2 was that it had better writing (at least initially...by the last third everything seemed to have gotten incredibly lazy), not that it had better animation. In some ways it was an improvement, in others a step back.

SuperS was such a bad adaptation of the Dream Arc. (Not saying it's a bad season on its own merits; it just deviates from the manga SOOO much.) Stars, in both the manga and the 90s anime, is already a complete mess. I don't want to see Dream ruined yet again by Crystal's sloppy writing and animation, and Stars doesn't need any help being made worse than it already is. So I'm perfectly fine waiting as long as it takes for Toei to put together the best team and dedicate the most time/money/effort into adapting Dream and Stars. If we can get it this year, great. But I'm fine waiting until 2018 or even 2020 if need be.

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:33 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Crystal Moon wrote:
MoonRaito wrote:
Seen2 wrote:
That's true, but I don't see S3 as a beautiful and polished product. I don't really see much difference between the BD version of S1-2 and S3. The only episode that was better than anything in the first 2 seasons was Jupiter's episode.

Eve

I agree with you. At least there were some beautiful frames for us to capture in Ss1-2. while in season 3, everything looks so... average.[/quote]
I going to disagree with that . Season 3 did had some beautiful shots . In the end of the day it depends on the episode . I think the problem with season 3 . Why the animation is better , the style is very basic . Why cute it's just that cute . Nothing really more .I also didn't really like the 2d transformations here as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:06 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Crystal Moon wrote:

That would require a lot of time and money, and TOEI is known to be cheap. :grey: :sick:

As much as beautiful the designs of S1-S2 were, they were not functional.

Personally, I prefer the designs of S3. Fluidity > Stiffness.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:47 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Clow wrote:
Crystal Moon wrote:

That would require a lot of time and money, and TOEI is known to be cheap. :grey: :sick:

Well maybe if the do season 4 , they can do the mature designs . And just give them a bigger budget. =^_^= :innocent: :o

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:59 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
imaginationgirl wrote:
And just give them a bigger budget. =^_^= :innocent: :o

Then I would have to create another "Acknowledging TOEI's efforts" thread like the one that I created after Season III started airing. :P

But, personally, I will be shocked if season 4 has the level of detail and animation that most people seem to expect.

This is TOEI we're talking about. It is not Production I.G. or Madhouse.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:02 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Clow wrote:
Crystal Moon wrote:

Actually mature character designs doesn't mean it's ornate ;) ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:34 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Crystal Moon wrote:
Clow wrote:
Crystal Moon wrote:

Actually mature character designs doesn't mean it's ornate ;) ;)

Oh, my bad, I thought you wanted the same designs from S1-2, which IMO had too much detail.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:50 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I'm not expecting a huge budget for Season 4. At best, Crystal has performed moderately well and despite trying to make Season 3 more mainstream, it still hasn't become a big hit. I don't see why Toei would see the need in investing a lot of money into this series, at least not more than it already has.

That said it's really all down to timing and staff. Chiaki Kon, while an average director at best, seemed to have a ton of connections who appeared guest directing episodes (including Ikuhara's protege) and some interesting animators where able to do some great scenes because of the amount of time they had in production. Hopefully, more talent gets involved in Crystal.

It would be cool if they handled the last two seasons as theatrical OVAs like Digimon Adventure Tri. While Tri isn't perfect, it's one of the better looking reboots from Toei.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:35 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Weren't we promised a surprise at some point? Did they reveal what it was?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:42 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
The "surprise" was just the Amour Eternal musical, lol.

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:09 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
When is the cut off point for a Winter 2017 anime to be announced?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next