* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Can't Wait For Crystal's Stars Arc
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:14 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
With all the Dream Arc negativity going around, I just wanted to start a discussion about what we are looking forward to in Crystal's eventual adaption of the Stars Arc?

I can't wait to see Eternal Sailor Moon and Chibi Chibi <3

Post subject: Re: Can't Wait For Crystal's Stars Arc
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:58 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I want to see better finale than in manga, confirmation that Luna and Artemis are alive :) Terror on Usagi's face, after she sees her friends resurrected as Galaxia pawns, looking forward to hear Mitsuishi-san take on that scene :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:23 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
I have mixed feelings about the Stars Arc since the manga turned into a bit of a jumble near the end. But if they can just give us a final shot that confirms that the darling guardian cats are OK and back to normal at the end, it'll be worth it. :ohdear:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:28 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
All I want:

My queens Mnemosyne and Lethe to shine

Confirmation that Luna and Artemis are alive and well

Naru, Motoki, Ikuko, Kenji, and Shingo being at the wedding. (Reika, Umino, and Asanuma being there would be awesome. And, of course, I'd love for the Four Generals to appear, but I'm not gonna hold my breath for that.)

To actually get to see Kakyuu's lover, and perhaps learn his (her?) name.

To actually get to see Sailors Chuu, Mermaid, Coronis, Mau, Cocoon, etc.

Give me that Toei, and I'll be good.

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:11 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm actually excited for the Stars arc to be adapted. When you cut out the Nehellenia arc from the '90s anime, Sailor Stars is not that good, honestly. Like, yeah, the Inners and Outers get a bad deal being killed off unceremoniously, but the last season of the '90s anime didn't do any of them justice either (the Inners and Outers played second fiddle to the Sailor Starlights for like the entire season).

So much was cut out too, more than the other seasons combined. No Sailor Lethe, Sailor Mnemosyne, Sailor Chi, Sailor Phi, Sailor Cosmos, Sailor Kakyuu, Guardian Cosmos or the Galaxy Cauldron. Chibi Chibi being Sailor Galaxia's star seed was ridiculous (how the heck is she able to survive at the end without her star seed??) and nowhere near as impactful as Cosmos' backstory. Yeah there's a lot of unexplained things in the manga, but the Stars anime is just as vague about a lot of the plot surrounding the Sailor Wars.

Plus, the ending for the Sailor Stars anime felt kinda weak to me. Like even with something as simple as the senshi reuniting after their deaths. In the manga, we see everyone hugging each other and crying... In the anime, they all just awkwardly float around naked!Usagi, and the only one she hugs is Mamoru. The former doesn't have the same emotional impact to me.

I'm not going to even go into how much Manga!Seiya feels less like a creep than their anime counterpart.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:03 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I'm most excited for Sailor Cosmos and the final battle to be properly adapted. Stars was like some of the first part of the manga I ever read way back in my high school days when I first picked up the Pocket Mixx editions. I also want to see all the Animates on screen and Sailor Phobos and Deimos. I also am looking forward to seeing the Starlights portrayed in the way Naoko wanted them to be. The 90s anime gave them more masculine sounding voices in their Three Lights forms but they always sounded more feminine to me as the Starlights. Since they're always girls in the manga, I'm curious how Crystal will do their voices.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:04 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:
All I want:

My queens Mnemosyne and Lethe to shine

Confirmation that Luna and Artemis are alive and well

Naru, Motoki, Ikuko, Kenji, and Shingo being at the wedding. (Reika, Umino, and Asanuma being there would be awesome. And, of course, I'd love for the Four Generals to appear, but I'm not gonna hold my breath for that.)

To actually get to see Kakyuu's lover, and perhaps learn his (her?) name.

To actually get to see Sailors Chuu, Mermaid, Coronis, Mau, Cocoon, etc.

Give me that Toei, and I'll be good.

Yes to all of this. All though interesting about having Asanuma and the Shitennou back. It would be interesting to see Asanuma and Nephrite's rivalry over Makoto if the series went on longer. All though I personally prefer Makoto with Asanuma in pretty much all canons where he appears as I loved their story in the manga and Crystal and how he found out about her being Sailor Jupiter. Plus I am not really a Sen/Shi fan.

Seira Hazuki wrote:
I'm actually excited for the Stars arc to be adapted. When you cut out the Nehellenia arc from the '90s anime, Sailor Stars is not that good, honestly. Like, yeah, the Inners and Outers get a bad deal being killed off unceremoniously, but the last season of the '90s anime didn't do any of them justice either (the Inners and Outers played second fiddle to the Sailor Starlights for like the entire season).

So much was cut out too, more than the other seasons combined. No Sailor Lethe, Sailor Mnemosyne, Sailor Chi, Sailor Phi, Sailor Cosmos, Sailor Kakyuu, Guardian Cosmos or the Galaxy Cauldron. Chibi Chibi being Sailor Galaxia's star seed was ridiculous (how the heck is she able to survive at the end without her star seed??) and nowhere near as impactful as Cosmos' backstory. Yeah there's a lot of unexplained things in the manga, but the Stars anime is just as vague about a lot of the plot surrounding the Sailor Wars.

Plus, the ending for the Sailor Stars anime felt kinda weak to me. Like even with something as simple as the senshi reuniting after their deaths. In the manga, we see everyone hugging each other and crying... In the anime, they all just awkwardly float around naked!Usagi, and the only one she hugs is Mamoru. The former doesn't have the same emotional impact to me.

I'm not going to even go into how much Manga!Seiya feels less like a creep than their anime counterpart.

I agree with this on the most part however I will say I much preferred Sailor Galaxia's anime story about being a strong noble warrior who sacrificed herself to seal Chaos then the emo rage child of the manga. I will say that I too wished we got to see all of the Senshi and people that didn't appear in the 90s like Sailor Heavy Metal Papillon and the others. I always thought that a great Sailor Stars movie would be for them to kind of add in the manga stuff they didn't add in the 90s final season. Like for say have that after Sailor Galaxia was purged of Chaos that Chaos took refuge in the Cauldron and had an original character based off of manga Sailor Galaxia to be her vice leader and to have that this manga Galaxia inspired character would have all of the members of Shadow Galactica that didn't appear in the 90s like Sailor Heavy Metal Papillon, Sailor Lethe, Sailor Mnemosyne, Sailor Chi and Sailor Phi etc. They could have something along the lines that Eternal Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Mask, Sailor Chibi Moon, the Inners, Outers, Sailor Quartet, Sailor Kakyuu, the Starlights and Sailor Galaxia all go to try to stop Chaos once and for all at the Galaxy Cauldron and it could end just like in the manga with Usagi's wedding to Mamoru.
Neon Genesis wrote:
I'm most excited for Sailor Cosmos and the final battle to be properly adapted. Stars was like some of the first part of the manga I ever read way back in my high school days when I first picked up the Pocket Mixx editions. I also want to see all the Animates on screen and Sailor Phobos and Deimos. I also am looking forward to seeing the Starlights portrayed in the way Naoko wanted them to be. The 90s anime gave them more masculine sounding voices in their Three Lights forms but they always sounded more feminine to me as the Starlights. Since they're always girls in the manga, I'm curious how Crystal will do their voices.

I couldn't tell much of a difference between their civilian voices and their Senshi voices in the original anime in Japanese. They both sounded the same to me and they had the same female voice actors voicing them the whole time. I know that in some foreign dubs that got Sailor Stars that they actually gave the Sailor Starlights two sets of voice actors one a male for their civilian form and one a female for their Sailor Senshi form.

Last edited by MariaTenebre on Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:12 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
Other: Punch it, Chewie!
YES! I can't wait either!!! To see when the Senshi are hypnotized to Turn against usagi is gonna be so good, and I also can't wait to see the three light as well I hope they will show their songs they sang!!!
:chibichibi:

ImageImage Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:15 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SunnieTheBunny wrote:
YES! I can't wait either!!! To see when the Senshi are hypnotized to Turn against usagi is gonna be so good, and I also can't wait to see the three light as well I hope they will show their songs they sang!!!
:chibichibi:

I did enjoy the Three Light's music. I hope that when Sailor Stars comes around they will give them good songs and have good singers voicing them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:29 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:
I couldn't tell much of a difference between their civilian voices and their Senshi voices in the original anime in Japanese. They both sounded the same to me and they had the same female voice actors voicing them the whole time. I know that in some foreign dubs that got Sailor Stars that they actually gave the Sailor Starlights two sets of voice actors one a male for their civilian form and one a female for their Sailor Senshi form.
It was most noticeable with Seiya to me. It seemed like Seiya had a rougher and deeper sounding voice to me when she was in her civilian form to me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:42 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I am single-mindedly focused on seeing Galaxia with modern animation. I hope her skirt and headdress still do the strobing thing, I loved that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:30 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Want to add that I also want resolution for Kakyuu and the Starlights. As with Luna and Artemis, once they're killed off, they completely vanish from the story. Sure, we "know" that they get reborn, but, even though I don't especially care for them, they're still major characters in this story arc and deserve a more substantial ending/resolution than just implied reincarnation.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:59 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Kuiper Belt
Definitely interested in seeing the quality Toei may put into this series. All senshi will have Eternal Fuku so it would be nice if Toei put their all into it. I want to see Merc's Talking Harp too.. :lol: I wish this season would get expanded to cover more, like the Sailor Wars.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:19 am 
Planeta
Planeta
I hope we get Ikuko's iconic scene in the ending chapters of the arc.

Attachments:
images.jpeg
images.jpeg [ 7.93 KiB | Viewed 4319 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:39 am 
Stella
Stella
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Want to add that I also want resolution for Kakyuu and the Starlights. As with Luna and Artemis, once they're killed off, they completely vanish from the story. Sure, we "know" that they get reborn, but, even though I don't especially care for them, they're still major characters in this story arc and deserve a more substantial ending/resolution than just implied reincarnation.

I agree with this as well I hope we see them revived along with Luna, Artemis and Diana.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:19 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
For me I just really want to see this scene finally animated. I've loved this scene ever since I first read it way back in my high school days.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:10 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Kuiper Belt
Neon Genesis wrote:
For me I just really want to see this scene finally animated. I've loved this scene ever since I first read it way back in my high school days.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:28 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membership
foenyanko wrote:
I have mixed feelings about the Stars Arc since the manga turned into a bit of a jumble near the end. But if they can just give us a final shot that confirms that the darling guardian cats are OK and back to normal at the end, it'll be worth it. :ohdear:

I agree. The ending in the manga was WAY too rushed!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:35 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
AnnaSartin wrote:
foenyanko wrote:

I agree. The ending in the manga was WAY too rushed!

I agree too, Anna Sartin.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:26 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
Seira Hazuki wrote:

The thing that is ironic with this though is that even though the manga didn't flesh it out, it still hinted and pretty much confirmed Seiya still had an unreturned romantic interest in Usagi. Although the manga storyline of Stars was over all better (better over all plot, fights, Galaxia, and conclusion), I actually preferred Seiya's character much more in the 90s anime than the manga. As with the Starlights as a whole, who were much better developed and utilized in the 90s anime than in the manga. I also found the whole gender changing storyline more unique and revolutionary for a children's cartoon show than simply having them pull a Haruka.

I also have to respectfully disagree with you about the Starlights hogging all the attention. Usagi and the four Inner Senshi were still the stars of the show, with the Inners even getting multiple episodes to better develop their characters. I have to agree with other people on this forum who have said in the 90s anime the Starlights were the new Outer senshi in that season. They were very present and got character development, but they were more supporting and in the background than the Inners. Except for Seiya, but because the 90s anime decided to further develop and explored his unreturned love for Usagi, I would expect nothing less.

Getting back on track for a little bit, I will just parrot and say what I already posted in more depth in the Dream arc thread. Dream and Stars are the two arcs that deserve the most redemption out of the five arcs of the story. We have a lot to look forward to if Toei gives them both the green light with the same animator and director as season three :mrgreen: .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:48 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 8 months ago
inactive
you guys seem pretty sure that there will be a new season
i would hold my horses if i were you to avoid disapointment

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:11 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sorry sweetheart but you're wrong there will be a new season. You better bookmark this thread for reference to show how wrong you were lol. And I'm not even going to comment on the fact that you made an account just to make that post. What a hater. So sad and pathetic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:10 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
I feel that the will do all five seasons. why stop now?

i just wonder what will happen after that???

will we see another form of sailormoon 15 years down the road? or is this the last hurrah?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:33 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Crystal was originally made with the intention of being the definitive version of Sailor Moon, but it's painfully clear that it flopped hard at that. If it had been a success, I could see it being the end, but since it wasn't/isn't, I think we'll see another adaptation sometime in the future. Let's just hope that Toei has 0 involvement.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:46 am 
Stella
Stella
CopeDog87 wrote:
Seira Hazuki wrote:

The thing that is ironic with this though is that even though the manga didn't flesh it out, it still hinted and pretty much confirmed Seiya still had an unreturned romantic interest in Usagi. Although the manga storyline of Stars was over all better (better over all plot, fights, Galaxia, and conclusion), I actually preferred Seiya's character much more in the 90s anime than the manga. As with the Starlights as a whole, who were much better developed and utilized in the 90s anime than in the manga. I also found the whole gender changing storyline more unique and revolutionary for a children's cartoon show than simply having them pull a Haruka.

I also have to respectfully disagree with you about the Starlights hogging all the attention. Usagi and the four Inner Senshi were still the stars of the show, with the Inners even getting multiple episodes to better develop their characters. I have to agree with other people on this forum who have said in the 90s anime the Starlights were the new Outer senshi in that season. They were very present and got character development, but they were more supporting and in the background than the Inners. Except for Seiya, but because the 90s anime decided to further develop and explored his unreturned love for Usagi, I would expect nothing less.

Getting back on track for a little bit, I will just parrot and say what I already posted in more depth in the Dream arc thread. Dream and Stars are the two arcs that deserve the most redemption out of the five arcs of the story. We have a lot to look forward to if Toei gives them both the green light with the same animator and director as season three :mrgreen: .

See though the way it should have been done was having the Inners and Outers both as the main characters and getting the attention with the Starlights as minor characters. The Outers were always meant to be just as important and just as much main characters as the Inners. It always angered me how the Outers were shafted in favor of the Starlights I will be happy that Crystal will correct this and have the Outers as main characters.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:29 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I'm so worried about the Stars Arc! The ending sucked IMO. No closure the Starlights, the relationship should've been expanded between Usagi & Seiya. Luna & Artemis disappear to Planet Mau, Luna is such an important component to the story, Luna should have been at the wedding! Big question if whether Usagi & Mamoru are n Crystal Tokyo or not. I would have appreciated an ending scene with Usagi & Luna saying something like "we did it!" or that effect, since they are started first together the story will come full circle. I hope they revamp the storyline.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:49 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
HeartWarrior wrote:
I hope they revamp the storyline.

This!

This arc sucked in both versions so any major changes made would be very welcome as long as it doesn't end up as bad as season 1's changes turned out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:19 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
NJ_ wrote:
HeartWarrior wrote:
I hope they revamp the storyline.

This!

This arc sucked in both versions so any major changes made would be very welcome as long as it doesn't end up as bad as season 1's changes turned out.

Which sux becuz Season 1 in the original series was my favorite! Disappointing that Crystal's version is less than stellar.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:32 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Stars is the one season I either don't want adapted or if it is adapted, it is given a major overhaul. Can still keep the same characters and locations, but change the story so it is less depressing. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if Usagi had to go through some therapy for PTSD with all the s*** she endured in Stars

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:06 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3 <3 <3 !!