Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Italy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:18 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
sakuraxchan wrote:
Here s the Sailor Moon Crystal intro in italian ^_^ :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kowWTK7JWUg

I speak italian..and the music is really good!! =^_^=
almost as faithful like the japanese one!! :keke:

That's so cool! I actually prefer this Italian version of the themesong over the original version by Momoiro Clover Z, mainly because I dislike Momoclo, I just dislike Japanese idol groups in general (especially female idols) because many of them lack singing talent compared to actual musicians and music artists, and many of the Japanese idols and idol groups I've heard are horrible live, which is why so many of them usually lip sync at concerts and "live" performances instead of actually singing live. It has bothered me for many years that these less talented idols and idol groups are so famous in Japan and they monopolize the Japanese music industry, virtually always over-shadowing all the actual musicians and artists who actually have real singing and musical talents. And Momoclo IMO is one of the worst female idol groups I've heard, their vocals are mediocre at best and they are much worse live. so I was never keen to the fact that they sang 'Moon Pride' for Crystal, if Toei wanted an actual decent idol group to sing the themesong, I would've preferred Morning Musume, at least they are better singers & performers than Momoclo.

Anyway, enough bashing of Momoclo and Japanese idol groups from me and going back to the topic of the Italian version, I actually love it and I think the vocals in the Italian version are much better, cleaner and sharper with more range. Even though I do think the Italian vocals perhaps sound a bit too "mature" for this type of popish and upbeat bubblegum pop song, but whoever the singers are who sang the Italian version clearly have better singing & vocal skills and range than Momoclo.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:36 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ J-idols aren't really pro singers, but are entertainers in the general sense. lol There're exceptions, of course, but those're, well, only exceptions & are mostly from a past era. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:14 pm 
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
^ J-idols aren't really pro singers, but are entertainers in the general sense. lol There're exceptions, of course, but those're, well, only exceptions & are mostly from a past era. :)

I know idols and idol groups are merely just 'entertainers' basically, they're not really true singers, at least not any of the newer generation idols, they are all mainly about the image, and not talent. Morning Musume is only one of the very few exceptions of idol groups who are actually decent.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:19 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorLinda1 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

I know idols and idol groups are merely just 'entertainers' basically, they're not really true singers, at least not any of the newer generation idols, they are all mainly about the image, and not talent.

Nah, it's all about their talents. :lol:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:25 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
SailorLinda1 wrote:
Anyway, enough bashing of Momoclo and Japanese idol groups from me and going back to the topic of the Italian version, I actually love it and I think the vocals in the Italian version are much better, cleaner and sharper with more range. Even though I do think the Italian vocals perhaps sound a bit too "mature" for this type of popish and upbeat bubblegum pop song, but whoever the singers are who sang the Italian version clearly have better singing & vocal skills and range than Momoclo.

Not surprising: when it comes to openings and endings we use actual professional singers (sometimes even specialized in animation openings and endings) who made a career out of being good singers. And, with rare exceptions (such as the opening for Lupin III: L'Avventura Italiana, where they choose a rapper from a reality show and gave it horrible lyrics), the results tend to range from good to awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:24 pm 
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
SailorLinda1 wrote:
I know idols and idol groups are merely just 'entertainers' basically, they're not really true singers, at least not any of the newer generation idols, they are all mainly about the image, and not talent.

I was referring to the actual singing talent specifically, not the "talent" for looking pretty and innocent and lip syncing to a music recording while "dancing" around like a bunch of 5 year olds lol ^_^'

lord Martiya wrote:
Not surprising: when it comes to openings and endings we use actual professional singers (sometimes even specialized in animation openings and endings) who made a career out of being good singers. And, with rare exceptions (such as the opening for Lupin III: L'Avventura Italiana, where they choose a rapper from a reality show and gave it horrible lyrics), the results tend to range from good to awesome.

cool, can you recommend some other good examples of Italian openings and ending themesongs for animes? I'd like to start listening to some Italian music, but I don't know where or who to start with...I think anime themesongs in Italian is a good start :)

Last edited by SailorLinda1 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:29 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
lord Martiya wrote:
SailorLinda1 wrote:

I heard about Lupin.... Was it really that horrible? Anyway I hope that the italian version of "New Moon" will be better received than "Orgoglio Lunare"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:53 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorLinda1 wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
SailorLinda1 wrote:

I was referring to the actual singing talent specifically, not the "talent" for looking pretty and innocent and lip syncing to a music recording while "dancing" around like a bunch of 5 year olds lol ^_^'

I think Rika here means "talent" as we've all come to know to mean breasts, being a SM fandom inside joke.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:50 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ Yup, that's what I meant, & that's why I italicized the word "talents" in my post quoted. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:23 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
SailorLinda1 wrote:
cool, can you recommend some other good examples of Italian openings and ending themesongs for animes? I'd like to start listening to some Italian music, but I don't know where or who to start with...I think anime themesongs in Italian is a good start :)

I have a few:
Many of the songs (including all the Sailor Moon ones) have the same female singer, Cristina d'Avena. I believe you can understand why she's still famous and her being said of being in one place is bound to lure in a massive crowd.
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
I heard about Lupin.... Was it really that horrible?

It was worse. While the music was good and one of the singers (Giorgio Vanni, who is rather experienced) are good, the lyrics are beyond stupid, and the other singer, Moreno, not only is quite bad and got the job only because he was famous thanks to a reality show, but his stage name is beyond loathed because of this guy (we dedicated him the public toilets of one town and a song wishing him to be ran over by a train, and we're not going to forget anytime soon).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:53 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'd like to add Urusei Yatsura (Lamu) and Tokimeki Tonight (Ransie la Strega) to that list as well! :love:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:30 am 
inactive
lord Martiya wrote:
SailorLinda1 wrote:

I have a few:
Many of the songs (including all the Sailor Moon ones) have the same female singer, Cristina d'Avena. I believe you can understand why she's still famous and her being said of being in one place is bound to lure in a massive crowd.

Thanks I much appreciate it! :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:25 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Here's the Lupin Part IV opening in question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE1TtZxoheg

That aside, the main thing that bugs me is why was there a different music score produced for this version? A few of the dub's episodes went online after they premiered and Mediaset, for whatever reason, had the Japanese audio with that same score as a SAP option, meanwhile Japan's version had music by Yuji Ohno who had been the anime's composer since Part II.

Last edited by NJ_ on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:05 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I hope Rai Gulp will broadcast soon the third arc, I want to hear Tatiana Dessi ad Uranus!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:44 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Umino wrote:
I'd like to add Urusei Yatsura (Lamu) and Tokimeki Tonight (Ransie la Strega) to that list as well! :love:

I have only so much time to think and post songs... But I'll do these ones too.
And now that I think about it... A few months ago, Italian fans held a contest that ended with Lum declared as the most beautiful anime girl ever, and Ransie going rather far (don't remember the position). Considering she got over such beauties as Fujiko Mine and Hitomi Kisugi...
NJ_ wrote:
That aside, the main thing that bugs me is why was there a different music score produced for this version? A few of the dub's episodes went online after they premiered and Mediaset, for whatever reason, had the Japanese audio with that same score as a SAP option, meanwhile Japan's version had music by Yujo Ohno who had been the anime's composer since Part II.

Because the Italian version was completed first.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:49 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
It is officially confirmed that Season 3 wil premiere in Italy on April!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:39 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Lucky Italy!! =^_^=

I m sure that many fans will see the 3rd arc of Crystal!! :keke:

Complimenti!! =^_^=

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:54 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Italy is really speeding through it!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:37 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Umino wrote:
Italy is really speeding through it!
Yes despite what many fans said, Crystal in Italy Was a success. Now we hope for the home video release!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:36 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Infinity Arc should premiere in Italy on April 12. It will air everyday at 16:45 with a re run at 21:50 (only from Monday to Saturday.) EDIT: Infinity Arc's premiere date was delayed. We are waiting for more infos from Rai Gulp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:41 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Sailor Moon Crystal's italian dub won people' s prize for the best dub at Romics yesterday!! I am so happy, it deserved it!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:17 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
We have the New date for the premiere of the Infinity Arc: May 8, with the same time slots. Hopefully There will not be more delays.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:15 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Why is the dubbing faster in Italian than it is in English?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:58 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Yesterday at Naples Comicon Dynit revealed that they are negotiating with Toei Crystal home video rights for a release in Italy. However they said that we should non keep our hopes high because TOEI's demands are very high and they don't know if they will be able to met them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:18 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I really hope that Toei will give the rights to Dynit for a Blu-ray/DVD italian version of Sailor Moon Crystal!! =^_^=

Forza ragazze!! :keke:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:29 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
sakuraxchan wrote:
I really hope that Toei will give the rights to Dynit for a Blu-ray/DVD italian version of Sailor Moon Crystal!! =^_^=

Forza ragazze!! :keke:
Thanks! I really hope Dynit gets the rights, the quality of its home video releases are amazing!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:33 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
If Dynit does get Crystal then what will it mean for the original? As mentioned in another thread, the first 2 seasons and the movies are now out of print with S-Stars being the only sets that they're selling on their own website so the license to that might be expiring.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:51 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
NJ_ wrote:
If Dynit does get Crystal then what will it mean for the original? As mentioned in another thread, the first 2 seasons and the movies are now out of print with S-Stars being the only sets that they're selling on their own website so the license to that might be expiring.
If Dynit does get Crystal, they will probably not renew the license for the old series. Unfortunately the Home video version of the old anime was a flop, despite the number of copies sold Dynit was not able to gain enough to cover the money spent for the rights. If they do get the rights they will focus only on Crystal, in order to avoid another flop

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:02 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
That's a shame, I figured the DVD and Toy sales for the 2011 revival weren't that great. I know they paid a lot for the license.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:16 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Now that I think about it, if Dynit does pick up Crystal, they would basically do the same thing that Viz did here with getting the 2011 Hunter x Hunter series in 2015 since the original 1999 show flopped for them and they let that license go OOP a few years prior without even getting the OVA sequels.

If Dynit gets it then best of luck since that'll be a pretty big risk, I take it hiring Marco again is unlikely?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next