Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Italy
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:28 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:
If Dynit gets it then best of luck since that'll be a pretty big risk, I take it hiring Marco again is unlikely?

Do you mean having Marco do all new artwork for a Crystal release? Toei seems pretty content with using their own promotional art, and not outsourcing to him for Crystal.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:32 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
NJ_ wrote:
Now that I think about it, if Dynit does pick up Crystal, they would basically do the same thing that Viz did with getting the 2011 Hunter x Hunter series in 2015 since the original 1999 show flopped for them and they let that license go OOP a few years prior without even getting the OVA sequels.

If Dynit gets it then best of luck since that'll be a pretty big risk, I take it hiring Marco again is unlikely?
Very unlikely, they will probably use Crystal releated arts like other countries.(such ss the Sailor Moon one with the pink background). I hope Toei will be more flexible because if Dynit does not get the rights, the chances of an italian home video version of Crystal are dead And gone.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:11 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Umino wrote:
That's a shame, I figured the DVD and Toy sales for the 2011 revival weren't that great. I know they paid a lot for the license.

Naoko's blessing.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:22 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Guys I can not believe It..
Because of Toei the broadcasting of the third arco in Italy had to be delayed to June!!!! Appeareantly they liked so much the italian version of Moon Price that they asked Rai to create three italian version of "New Moon(not only one) and an italian version of each ending!!!! I hate you Toei!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:43 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I understand that waiting is frustrating, but that doesn't sound like a bad thing to me? You're going to be getting six songs after all whereas so far none of the songs have dubbed in English for the Crystal dub or 90s redub (apart from I guess a couple songs that were sung in actual episodes).

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:48 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:
You're going to be getting six songs after all whereas so far none of the songs have dubbed in English for the Crystal dub or 90s redub (apart from I guess a couple songs that were sung in actual episodes).

Also Portugal, France & Germany didn't have the Crystal songs dubbed either.

Speaking of Portugal, screw BIGGS.

Last edited by NJ_ on Tue May 02, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:49 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
MementoNepenthe wrote:
I understand that waiting is frustrating, but that doesn't sound like a bad thing to me? You're going to be getting six songs after all whereas so far none of the songs have dubbed in English for the Crystal dub or 90s redub (apart from I guess a couple songs that were sung in actual episodes).
Yes, but dear Toei why did you ask something like that a week before the broadcasting? I just hope they will be worthy...

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:08 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Well, I'm certainly looking forward to the songs being dubbed! :love:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:26 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Umino wrote:
Well, I'm certainly looking forward to the songs being dubbed! :love:

Basing on what I've listened so far, I have confidence on the quality of their musical productions in the country. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:37 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
Guys I can not believe It..
Because of Toei the broadcasting of the third arco in Italy had to be delayed to June!!!! Appeareantly they liked so much the italian version of Moon Price that they asked Rai to create three italian version of "New Moon(not only one) and an italian version of each ending!!!! I hate you Toei!!!!!!!

Are you sure they asked for three versions of Moon ni Koishite? They never did that to the two versions of Moonlight Densetsu worldwide, not even in the new dubs/redubs.
I read the news in italian, and I failed to understand they wanted three versions of the opening.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:46 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
I read they asked for all the Openings and endings to have an italian version. We know for sure they already dubbed the first version of New Moon(it was supposed to be used for all the episodes). Maybe Toei wil be satisfied and will let Rai use it as the only opening. EDIT: I read it better and yes, you are right they apparently they asked for just one version to be dubbed. My bad, I was a bit uspet when I read the news the first time

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:25 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Basing on what I've listened so far, I have confidence on the quality of their musical productions in the country. :)

We have a good tradition in that.
Also, in Italy you don't "cast" spells, you "sing" them, and we won't take any risk meddling in such powerful magic. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:14 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
According to some rumors, the endings are ready and were sent to to Toei Animation Europe to ne approved by Toei. Well, they worked fast(I hope it won't affect the quality)

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:19 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
According to some rumors, the endings are ready and were sent to to Toei Animation Europe to ne approved by Toei. Well, they worked fast(I hope it won't affect the quality)

Each song has a minute and a half duration. That would obviously not took long. It's dubbing we're talking about. It's a process demanded by distributors and channels to happen fast.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:18 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
It is official!!! The Ininity arc will air on Rai Gulp the next Friday!!!!! There is also a spot with New Moon in Italian.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:42 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
With some luck I should be able to catch it. Just got the work time changed...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:47 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Complimenti, Italia!!

I m soo happy that the 3rd season of Sailor moon Crystal will be aired in Italy!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:25 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
For whatever reason, they're broadcasting the old episodes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:45 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
lord Martiya wrote:
For whatever reason, they're broadcasting the old episodes
Act 27 will air this Friday after a re-run of act 26. I also read that the endings will be in japanese for now(apparently there were problems with TOEI)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:57 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
So after all of that, they're not dubbing the endings? :orly:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:14 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Umino wrote:
So after all of that, they're not dubbing the endings? :orly:
They will dub them, but later. According to some rumors TOEI dìd not like the first italian version of the endings so they asked Rai to dub them again. However this would have caused a further delay, so Rai decided to left them in japanese for now and not make the fans wait any longer.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:50 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
So it's basically the same as Dragon Ball Super over here then? Wonderful! :|

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:50 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
NJ_ wrote:
Why? What happened?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:06 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
Why? What happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GSkzom26WA - First Japanese opening aired from episodes 1-17 & the first ending aired from episodes 1-5 and then again on episode 12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR40XUVOcvc - First English ending aired from episodes 6-11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsj2FDbqv7c - Second Japanese ending aired from episodes 13-17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI_bCQSR2SQ - Second English ending aired starting from episode 18 and should last until episode 25.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p2rH49c3rI - First English opening aired starting in episode 18 and it's not even a dub, it's a cover from the Japanese singer from the CD single released 2 years ago.

Nothing was confirmed as to why the EDs took so long but with the OP, FUNimation had an English version that they wanted to use since the beginning and when asked why it originally aired in Japanese, Chris Sabat said that they were trying but it was complicated. FUNi eventually gave up dealing with Toei and this is what we're stuck with now, yet another Dragon Ball series with an Engrish song (first was with the Majin Buu arc of DBZ Kai and then again for the recent DBZ movies which also aired & were released that way in other countries) which is weird because they had no problem allowing dubbed versions of Super's OP everywhere else (even bad ones like for the Portuguese dub).

Last edited by NJ_ on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:33 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
NJ_ wrote:
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
Why? What happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GSkzom26WA - First Japanese opening aired from episodes 1-17 & the first ending aired from episodes 1-5 and then again on episode 12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR40XUVOcvc - First English ending aired from episodes 6-11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsj2FDbqv7c - Second Japanese ending aired from episodes 13-17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI_bCQSR2SQ - Second English ending aired starting from episode 18 and should last until episode 25.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p2rH49c3rI - First English opening aired starting in episode 18 and it's not even a dub, it's a cover from the Japanese singer from the CD single released 2 years ago.

Nothing was confirmed as to why the EDs took so long but with the OP, FUNimation had an English version that they wanted to use since the beginning and when asked why it originally aired in Japanese, Chris Sabat said that they were trying but it was complicated. FUNi eventually gave up dealing with Toei and this is what we're stuck with now, yet another Dragon Ball series with an Engrish song (first was with the Majin Buu arc of DBZ Kai and then again for the recent DBZ movies which also aired & were released that way in other countries) which is weird because they had no problem allowing dubbed versions of Super's OP everywhere else (even bad ones like for the Portuguese dub).
I read somewhere that TOEI did not allow Mediaset to dub Super's opening too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:54 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
I have to say I really liked the Outer's italian voice actresses, especially Haruka's. Jupiter Coconut Cyclone sounds ridiculous in italian and I don't think I will be able to take Pharoh90 seriously, his voice actor dubs Skinner too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:58 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I have mixed feelings about the singer for the new opening. I think her voice is too deep.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:33 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Umino wrote:
I have mixed feelings about the singer for the new opening. I think her voice is too deep.
I know what you mean, I think her voice fits more the second version of New Moon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:56 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
It reminds me of when the English dub translated Watashitachi ni Naritakute. A lot of people didn't like it because they thought the singer's voice was too dramatic. That's sums up my feelings for the new Italian opening.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:19 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Is there a link to this opening?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next